Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3457171 times)

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #70040 on: June 23, 2022, 10:12:05 am »
Only 85% coverage in London..
Is that partly reflective of the high levels of migration into London and kids arriving from countries where polio vaccines weren't offered?  If it's genuinely 15% of eligible people in our capital turning down the vaccine then the country's in a worse state than even I thought!

One of my dad's friends had Polio as a kid and walked with a stick for the rest of his life.  I know I'm preaching to the converted in terms of this forum but, as with other vaccines, the benefits so far outweigh the risks.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70041 on: June 23, 2022, 02:57:51 pm »
Got the fucking thing a few weeks ago, felt like utter utter shite for 2 weeks, as has everyone else in our household. Its certainly back for a new term and noone gives a toss anymore. Good times.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #70042 on: June 23, 2022, 03:34:38 pm »
One of my dad's friends had Polio as a kid and walked with a stick for the rest of his life.  I know I'm preaching to the converted in terms of this forum but, as with other vaccines, the benefits so far outweigh the risks.
Like most babies born in the late 1950s, I got the polio vaccine. But I remember seeing older kids wearing leg calipers due to polio. It really feels like we're hurtling back in time in this country   :(

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70043 on: June 23, 2022, 03:36:46 pm »
Is that partly reflective of the high levels of migration into London and kids arriving from countries where polio vaccines weren't offered?  If it's genuinely 15% of eligible people in our capital turning down the vaccine then the country's in a worse state than even I thought!

My Mum worked with a fella who had Polio as a kid, same as your Dads friend, permanent limp and needed a stick.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #70044 on: June 23, 2022, 03:46:12 pm »
My Mum worked with a fella who had Polio as a kid, same as your Dads friend, permanent limp and needed a stick.

My mums friend had it when little, spent most of her life in an iron lung. Seems mother nature has it in for the anti vax brigade

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70045 on: June 23, 2022, 04:14:42 pm »
Like most babies born in the late 1950s, I got the polio vaccine. But I remember seeing older kids wearing leg calipers due to polio. It really feels like we're hurtling back in time in this country   :(
yeah a boy a year below me in school had to wear calipers after contracting polio.  Fortunately he was able to have them removed and he walks relatively normally now and also played rugby in secondary school so he wasn't badly affected after the calipers came off.

The MMR causes autism nonsense caused so much harm in getting people to trust all vaccinations!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70046 on: June 23, 2022, 04:21:34 pm »
yeah a boy a year below me in school had to wear calipers after contracting polio.  Fortunately he was able to have them removed and he walks relatively normally now and also played rugby in secondary school so he wasn't badly affected after the calipers came off.

The MMR causes autism nonsense caused so much harm in getting people to trust all vaccinations!

If Karma was real Wakefield would come back as the slowest but sentient sperm time and time again.

The bastard has so much death on his hands.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70047 on: June 23, 2022, 04:33:35 pm »

Yes.  The correct figure is 91% for London, 95% for the rest of the UK.

The latest "outbreak" is believed to be from a viral vaccine that someone had brought into the country and taken here.  It was detected in the wastewater.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70048 on: June 23, 2022, 04:42:52 pm »
My mums friend had it when little, spent most of her life in an iron lung. Seems mother nature has it in for the anti vax brigade
Except, it is their kids who will pay the price. Most of their parents are already vaccinated.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70049 on: June 23, 2022, 04:44:57 pm »
Yes.  The correct figure is 91% for London, 95% for the rest of the UK.

The latest "outbreak" is believed to be from a viral vaccine that someone had brought into the country and taken here.  It was detected in the wastewater.
??? What's that?
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70050 on: June 23, 2022, 05:08:22 pm »

Pretty much every school in Liverpool in the 50s  had at least one kid in callipers and even some with bandy legs due to rickets.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70051 on: June 23, 2022, 05:12:52 pm »
Except, it is their kids who will pay the price. Most of their parents are already vaccinated.

"I'm taking the advice of Karen on Facebook and I'm not giving my kids the bloody vaccine that had no adverse effects on me and successfully prevent me getting a really harmful virus/illness/disease."

c*nts
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70052 on: June 23, 2022, 05:19:47 pm »
??? What's that?

Sorry, I meant oral  ;D.

Posh language for a tablet  ;)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70053 on: June 23, 2022, 05:22:08 pm »
Sorry, I meant oral  ;D.

I vaguely remember being advised, post kids polio injections, to be careful changing their nappies.

But the was 45 years ago so my memory may be slipping.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70054 on: June 23, 2022, 05:24:16 pm »
??? What's that?

There’s a good explanation in the video here.

https://polioeradication.org/polio-today/polio-prevention/the-virus/vaccine-derived-polio-viruses/

The alert is because they’ve found genetically similar virus in the wastewater over a couple of months, rather than the usual one offs they normally find.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70055 on: June 23, 2022, 06:04:51 pm »
There’s a good explanation in the video here.

https://polioeradication.org/polio-today/polio-prevention/the-virus/vaccine-derived-polio-viruses/

The alert is because they’ve found genetically similar virus in the wastewater over a couple of months, rather than the usual one offs they normally find.
I meant Red-Soldier's use of 'viral vaccine'. He's responded - it was a typo. By thanks for the link anyway - I would like to read about it.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70056 on: June 23, 2022, 06:24:57 pm »
I meant Red-Soldier's use of 'viral vaccine'. He's responded - it was a typo. By thanks for the link anyway - I would like to read about it.
Read it. Interesting. Though, are sociopaths with an agenda spreading disinformation about vaccine-derived polioviruses? I imagine some are engaged in faux outrage and misinforming the low-information and stupid out there.

A quick search and yep:

https://www.france24.com/en/20200919-polio-vaccine-in-the-crossfire-of-misinformation

https://www.indiatoday.in/fact-check/story/conspiracy-theory-bill-gates-backed-polio-vaccine-disabled-kids-1707666-2020-08-04

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #70057 on: June 24, 2022, 11:29:18 pm »
I feel left behind... :)  But I'll get it one day, I'm sure.
I don't think so. I get tested regularly for work (more often in the past than now). I never had a Covid break, I was working through it. One can't build and work with hardware from home, so someone had to stay behind... We are also a bunch of people in close contact every other day - my wife, daughter and her boyfriend, son with wife and baby. Because of the little nugget, we were all extra cautious, and neither of us had it yet. We think so, because the probability of all 7 of us to have had it and be asymptomatic is extremely low.

Mind you, the little one wouldn't bat an eye if she had it, her immune system is the strongest. :)
Ha! What a timing of my reply Tepid... Uh-oh!...

My daughter came back from a trip with Covid, tested positive yesterday. My wife and I don't have symptoms yet, but I'll know better in a day or two. My daughter-in-law and the baby must have caught it too; the little nugget has fever, she has a tickle in her throat. My son has no symptoms yet. As I was saying, we either all stay away from Covid, or we all go down together.

It's bound to happen one day, and it seems to be happening... So be it. We are all triply jabbed with a booster, so it shouldn't be that bad.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70058 on: June 25, 2022, 12:53:54 am »

My daughter came back from a trip with Covid, tested positive yesterday. My wife and I don't have symptoms yet, but I'll know better in a day or two. My daughter-in-law and the baby must have caught it too; the little nugget has fever, she has a tickle in her throat. My son has no symptoms yet. As I was saying, we either all stay away from Covid, or we all go down together.

It's bound to happen one day, and it seems to be happening... So be it. We are all triply jabbed with a booster, so it shouldn't be that bad.
Shite self jinx there! You never know if you’ll get it really. After avoiding it for so long - myself, my wife and son all got it from Feb to April. Annoyingly not from eachother.  So pretty much had 3 months where one of us had it in the house, without actually passing it onto eachother.

It seems to be finding the pockets of people that have avoided it until now, which makes little sense and is probably anecdotal. There’s a lot of it around at the moment, if anyone has been on the fence about getting the vaccine, now would be a pretty good time to get it.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70059 on: June 25, 2022, 08:19:24 am »
My eldest grandson has it too now, caught off his mum who's been really bad with it for nearly a week now.

This is the same grandson that's been in and out of hospital all year with various viral infections so his immune system is really struggling, poor lad.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70060 on: June 25, 2022, 08:24:17 am »
I remember that, Debs. Wishing the lad well.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70061 on: June 25, 2022, 09:30:22 am »
I remember that, Debs. Wishing the lad well.

Thank you 👍

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70062 on: June 25, 2022, 09:46:10 am »
My eldest grandson has it too now, caught off his mum who's been really bad with it for nearly a week now.

This is the same grandson that's been in and out of hospital all year with various viral infections so his immune system is really struggling, poor lad.

Ah shit, poor kid has enough to deal with as it is. Hope he's doing OK during this.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70063 on: June 25, 2022, 09:54:46 am »
Ah shit, poor kid has enough to deal with as it is. Hope he's doing OK during this.

Thanks Rob and yeah he's been through so much this year but he's picking up a bit now 👍

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #70064 on: June 25, 2022, 11:41:00 am »

Well I’m sorry to hear that.

Hope she’s on the mend soon.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70065 on: June 28, 2022, 06:36:57 pm »
The bad news? My son and parents in law tested positive today.

The good news? All will hopefully be ok for my summer holiday…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70066 on: June 28, 2022, 07:12:53 pm »
Always two sides to the story, Tepid, I hope they are all OK.

Funny thing, my daughter is the only one who ended up with Covid... She self-isolated and we all tried to do the responsible thing, but there's never a guarantee. But we god lucky, I guess (myself a second time since the pandemic began, I had an exposure in December). It turns out, my baby granddaughter had RSV, it wasn't Covid (just a time coincidence). So we dodged this one... although I don't know if this is good or bad, considering that we are going on vacation altogether and we may get it there...

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #70067 on: June 29, 2022, 09:07:23 am »
Feels like I'm the only person left at this point that hasn't had it,

Probably jinxed it now.
There shod be a prize for the last person on the planet to get it.
Come to think of it , if early days Netflix had made the series and there was a million quid prize and ant and Dec hosted it, everyone would have been vaccinated and wearing masks.

Where are the anti vaxxers now? If they were right, should t we all be dead or donating our money to Bill gates or something.

Ps is there a reason that it's Bill gates that's picked on? I'd assume from the pool of mega rich people him, musk and the apple guy are the most well known. The apple guy being dead might harm his chances of being anti vax enemy number one (but not much).
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70068 on: June 29, 2022, 09:18:12 am »
The prominent antivaxxer in my work got Covid the other week. Now I don't wish serious illness on her but annoyingly she barely had any symptoms and is now acting all smug about it and how it proved the vaccine was pointless.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70069 on: June 29, 2022, 12:27:27 pm »
There shod be a prize for the last person on the planet to get it.
Come to think of it , if early days Netflix had made the series and there was a million quid prize and ant and Dec hosted it, everyone would have been vaccinated and wearing masks.

Where are the anti vaxxers now? If they were right, should t we all be dead or donating our money to Bill gates or something.

Ps is there a reason that it's Bill gates that's picked on? I'd assume from the pool of mega rich people him, musk and the apple guy are the most well known. The apple guy being dead might harm his chances of being anti vax enemy number one (but not much).
He was foolhardy enough to let slip the grand conspiracy 4/5 years before it happened!  Like all classic villains he had to spout off before doing the deed but, fortunately for us, the users of Facebook and Tiktok were on hand - Bond-style - to save the day.

In 2015, an unassuming-looking Bill Gates came on stage at the TED conference in Vancouver to issue a dire warning.

"If anything kills over 10 million people over the next few decades, it is likely to be a highly infectious virus rather than war," he told the audience.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #70070 on: June 29, 2022, 01:20:28 pm »

Didn't you read the most recent NWO-newsletter? The Queen and Barack Obama asked vaxxed people not to die yet, so anti-vaxxers could be made to look stupid. Dying will begin from November 2022 on and it won't be everyone at the same time, but rather in staggered monthly waves. You'll get your date two weeks ahead. And Bill Gates wrote in the newsletter, that people shouldn't be donating him money, but he'll rather give THEM money, that they can later donate him back, but the exact terms will be announced in the next NWO-newsletter...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #70071 on: June 29, 2022, 02:18:38 pm »
Quick question, if you get exposed to someone with COVID-19 and take a test the next day would it pick up the covid virus or do you need to wait a couple of days?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70072 on: June 29, 2022, 02:24:24 pm »
Quick question, if you get exposed to someone with COVID-19 and take a test the next day would it pick up the covid virus or do you need to wait a couple of days?
We had a family meeting 9 days before half the people there tested positive …so it’s hard to know
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70073 on: June 29, 2022, 02:33:28 pm »
The prominent antivaxxer in my work got Covid the other week. Now I don't wish serious illness on her but annoyingly she barely had any symptoms and is now acting all smug about it and how it proved the vaccine was pointless.

Shame she never got the full blown virus and not Omicron.

I'm sure she can explain to the families of the 180,000 dead why it was pointless.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70074 on: June 29, 2022, 02:39:53 pm »
We had a family meeting 9 days before half the people there tested positive …so it’s hard to know

Bugger ok thanks. Guess we'll just have to keep testing.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70075 on: June 29, 2022, 03:39:17 pm »
So just talked to the COVID hotline, and they recommend getting tested 5 days after first exposure. So a test 1 day after can be negative.

:(

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70076 on: June 29, 2022, 06:56:52 pm »
For Omicron, you’d probably get symptoms on the 2nd day and test positive on the 3rd. But to make sure, you should test 4-5 days after exposure. If you got it, you’re likely to give positive results after 7days, but you may not be contagious after that he 5th.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70077 on: June 29, 2022, 06:59:09 pm »
For Omicron, you’d probably get symptoms on the 2nd day and test positive on the 3rd. But to make sure, you should test 4-5 days after exposure. If you got it, you’re likely to give positive results after 7days, but you may not be contagious after that he 5th.

Yeah that's kinda what the covid hotline said. Guess i'm staying home for 5 days :-\

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70078 on: June 29, 2022, 09:41:12 pm »
This sounds significant…

A universal coronavirus vaccine is in development ……

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/biontech-pfizer-starting-testing-universal-coronavirus-vaccine-h2-2022-06-29/

Fingers crossed, but this could be the beginning of the end for the significant waves of the pandemic.
W

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70079 on: June 29, 2022, 10:32:02 pm »
This sounds significant…

A universal coronavirus vaccine is in development ……

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/biontech-pfizer-starting-testing-universal-coronavirus-vaccine-h2-2022-06-29/

Fingers crossed, but this could be the beginning of the end for the significant waves of the pandemic.
Hope so. Can't see it being used for ages though?