Author Topic: Neco Williams Appreciation thread  (Read 111487 times)

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
Re: Neco Williams Appreciation thread
« Reply #960 on: March 8, 2022, 10:40:39 pm »
2 goals and 2 assists in 6 games for Fulham.

What are we feeding our right backs??

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #961 on: March 8, 2022, 10:41:09 pm »
Kid's got talent, that's for sure. I would love for us to find room for him somewhere in our setup, but I have no idea where that might be. He's certainly not replacing Trent any time soon.
We need a right sided Tsimikas, he's played a load of games this season so it would be good to see Neco trusted to do that on the right.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #962 on: March 8, 2022, 10:41:38 pm »
I'd be very interested to see him at a prem side at RB

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #963 on: March 8, 2022, 10:44:49 pm »
I'd be very interested to see him at a prem side at RB

Feels like the next step. Maybe at Fulham again next year? Clearly enjoying his time there.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline DanJay87

• Legacy Fan
  • Gosh it's Tosh!
« Reply #964 on: March 8, 2022, 11:32:37 pm »
He'll be a right mid within a year I reckon

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #965 on: March 9, 2022, 12:03:03 am »
He'll be a right mid within a year I reckon

Bale like career progression would be welcome. At Liverpool like  ;D

I agree though, don't think he'll play the majority of his football at right back. There was times watching him at Liverpool where I thought he looked good but out of place. Common in young players I think though. That 2nd goal tonight he scored was outstanding.

Would like him to stick around but regular football elsewhere may be too appealing for him, especially at Fulham where he's already becoming established.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: March 9, 2022, 12:52:29 am »
Really interesting. I thought loaning him to a Championship team would be useful in helping Neco improve his defending but he seems to be turning into an attacking monster instead. I do wonder whether he'll be starting 10-20 games a season backing up Trent here next season or whether we reckon a Premiership loan to Fulham would be better. One thing's for sure, the latter should definitely give him more practice in defending.

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: March 9, 2022, 01:27:11 am »
Who need Carvalho when you have Williams?  ;)
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #968 on: March 9, 2022, 04:07:33 am »
Neco has been a quality RB for us, people just unfairly compare him to Trent when he plays. He would be a wonderful right sided Tsimikas, but have a feeling he will want full playing time somewhere so wouldnt be shocked if he asks for a move this summer and we sell for 15-20m since we supposedly rate Bradly higher

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: March 9, 2022, 04:25:01 am »
We’ll need him after the World Cup

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #970 on: March 9, 2022, 04:58:49 am »
Neco has been a quality RB for us, people just unfairly compare him to Trent when he plays. He would be a wonderful right sided Tsimikas, but have a feeling he will want full playing time somewhere so wouldnt be shocked if he asks for a move this summer and we sell for 15-20m since we supposedly rate Bradly higher

I didn’t expect him to be like Trent, but he has been slow whenever I have watched him, and our way of defending requires good recovery pace. So while Trent, Robertson and Tsimikas are all not particularly quick, they do have the ability to make up ground when beaten. If Neco can improve his pace a bit more, he has both the defensive and offensive capabilities to back up Trent in my view.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #971 on: March 9, 2022, 06:15:00 am »

Agreed.  He's not going to want to be behind TAA for the next 12+ years and he doesn't fit the profile of player that Klopp targets for a winger (eg Salah, mane, Diaz).  Both for Neco and us I hope he continues to progress and find success.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #972 on: March 9, 2022, 08:02:49 am »
I think he's too good for that level, like Wilson.

Whether it was a clever strategy from the club to raise his price for the summer or he'll back up Trent next year.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #973 on: March 9, 2022, 08:16:39 am »
I think he's too good for that level, like Wilson.

Whether it was a clever strategy from the club to raise his price for the summer or he'll back up Trent next year.

We don’t know for sure about Neco, he does look like he could be a good PL player. Wilson however we know struggles at this level and thrives in the Championship.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: March 9, 2022, 08:35:26 am »
Whenever anyone types the words Harry Wilson, Lobo has to immediately come into the thread to stick the boot in  ::)

Online ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #975 on: March 9, 2022, 09:15:58 am »
He's clearly a very talented player is very young as well. Mad how people write him off because he's not a generational RB like Trent. If he's happy to come and do the Tsimikas role next season or for the next few seasons then we should be absolutely delighted with that because he's a great little player who can cover RB and do a job further forward too

With the squad we have we should be aiming for the SF of both the FA and League Cup at a minimum. That's 10 games straight away he'd be earmarked for (results obviously notwithstanding) and he's shown this season for us and for Fulham that he can definitely do a job as a rotation for Trent in some games or as a sub option to give Trent a rest

We're all going mad for Carvalho from Fulham and yet most want to ship Neco off at the 1st opportunity. It's madness

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: March 9, 2022, 09:19:07 am »
Very nice goal

Hendo at Stamford Bridge
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #977 on: March 9, 2022, 09:54:57 am »
We don’t know for sure about Neco, he does look like he could be a good PL player. Wilson however we know struggles at this level and thrives in the Championship.

I think it would be interesting to see how Wilson does at PL level when he's playing for a team where's he established rather than a loanee dropped in for a season. I think the same for Neco Williams too. Maybe staying at Fulham next season on loan might be a good next step for Williams, Fulham and Liverpool.

Both have potential be good PL players but there's also some doubts about them at that level. Particularly Wilson. I think Williams probably will end up a PL regular. Just not sure at what position!
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: March 9, 2022, 10:13:05 am »
He's always looked really good going forward, wasn't there talk of him starting one point last year RW, I hope we loan him back to Fulham when they're in the Premier League, wouldn't sell him just yet.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: March 9, 2022, 10:23:50 am »
He's always looked really good going forward, wasn't there talk of him starting one point last year RW, I hope we loan him back to Fulham when they're in the Premier League, wouldn't sell him just yet.

I think he played there for us in the early rounds of the League Cup this season, I'm sure he was involved in a goal or two for Taki.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: March 9, 2022, 11:29:39 am »
Whenever anyone types the words Harry Wilson, Lobo has to immediately come into the thread to stick the boot in  ::)

Proper strange.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #981 on: March 9, 2022, 11:44:22 am »
Not at all chaps, it was a reply on a comment about Neco Williams and Harry Wilson being 'too good' for the Championship. Its a forum, there's sort of not any rules on what posts you can and can't comment on. Don't take it so personally :)

I don't think its particularly controversial to say that Wilson hasn't shown he's too good for the Championship. If anything he's shown that's a level he thrives at, which isn't a bad thing at all. I dare say you wouldn't be so quick to defend someone like Mitrovic if someone said he hasn't shown he's too good for the Championship (and he's just obliterated the scoring record in that division) and he's another who so far has shown that he struggles in the PL and absolutely dominates the Championship. Again, not a bad thing at all.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: March 9, 2022, 11:50:08 am »
Both Neco and Carvalho are key players for Fulham who are all but promoted. They really should both stay there on loan next year to get a season of PL football.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #983 on: March 9, 2022, 11:52:34 am »
Not at all chaps, it was a reply on a comment about Neco Williams and Harry Wilson being 'too good' for the Championship. Its a forum, there's sort of not any rules on what posts you can and can't comment on. Don't take it so personally :)

I don't think its particularly controversial to say that Wilson hasn't shown he's too good for the Championship. If anything he's shown that's a level he thrives at, which isn't a bad thing at all. I dare say you wouldn't be so quick to defend someone like Mitrovic if someone said he hasn't shown he's too good for the Championship (and he's just obliterated the scoring record in that division) and he's another who so far has shown that he struggles in the PL and absolutely dominates the Championship. Again, not a bad thing at all.

Is anyone saying it is "a bad thing"? That would be weird.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: March 9, 2022, 12:07:21 pm »

But you weren't giving your individual opinion. You said: "We all know Wilson struggles at this level" as if it was an established fact, based on one season when he was 22 on loan at a basket case club, most of the time in midfield, and still scored seven goals. In direct contrast to saying Neco could be a good Premier League player.

As for Mitrovic, I'd back him to score a few next year if this Fulham team goes up mostly intact. The question has always been whether it makes sense to base your attack around him in a top league, though there is more scope to judge him because he has more than 100 appearances across multiple seasons.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: March 9, 2022, 12:17:36 pm »
Who need Carvalho when you have Williams?  ;)

I really dont get what our plan for Carvalho would be as hes a 10 not a winger or 8. Interesting one regardless

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #986 on: March 9, 2022, 12:23:01 pm »
I really dont get what our plan for Carvalho would be as hes a 10 not a winger or 8. Interesting one regardless

I'd guess he's pretty mouldable!

Great that Necos doing well there, might mean Fulham are easier to deal with in regards to signing Carvalho. On a sidenote, seems crazy that Seri is still there. He was really highly rated, bit of a coup for Fulham. Then had a poor first season in the PL, two loans out and now back ripping up the Championship.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #987 on: March 9, 2022, 05:52:10 pm »
My guess is we'd be looking for a replacement for Bobby, and as Lobo said, he's mouldable. Being a 10 already gets you close enough, and with coaching he can become a useful false 9.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: July 7, 2022, 02:52:46 pm »
apparently on his way to Nottingham Forrest

did well at Fulham from what I have seen, and will be better off in a team where he can get the minutes on the pitch and perhaps be a starter.

buying Ramsey should cover possible Nico departure.

edit: https://theathletic.com/news/liverpool-nottingham-forest-neco-williams-transfer/PrXm3BacH3Ez/?source=twitteruk

A great fee again if true!!!
« Last Edit: July 7, 2022, 02:59:03 pm by PIPA23 »

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: July 7, 2022, 02:53:39 pm »
Serious fee again that - I reckon he’ll have a good start under Cooper though!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #991 on: July 7, 2022, 03:15:39 pm »
£17m is quite a big fee so works out quite well for us. Shame that he won't make it here but I guess he wasn't going to enough starts at his age.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #992 on: July 7, 2022, 03:36:21 pm »
Serious fee again that - I reckon he’ll have a good start under Cooper though!

Some of the lads in the pub (who are forest fans. ) recon coopers gonna turn him into a world beater and are super excited about our Nico.
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
« Reply #993 on: July 7, 2022, 04:56:46 pm »
Always disappointed to see a quality young player leave. Good luck Neco. I hope there's a buy back option.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: July 7, 2022, 05:07:10 pm »
Good fee, dont know why some didnt rate him. Thought he was a good back-up for one of the best in the world which is hard

But with Ramsay coming in and Gomez able to play there too, this was a no brainer. Hopefully does well with them, think they play 5 at the back which definitely suits Neco

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Mod
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #995 on: July 8, 2022, 01:53:39 pm »
Didn't really see much of Neco at Fulham, so most of what I understand about his time their is second-hand news. My neighbour is a Forest fan though, and seems very happy with his prospective signing for them. Always thought he looked very promising - just very unlucky to find himself competing for the same spot in the side as Trent. Hope he goes on to have a really good career.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: July 11, 2022, 10:31:52 am »
Up on the official site as a completed move now:

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/neco-williams-makes-permanent-move-nottingham-forest

Hope he does well for them when not playing against us.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: July 11, 2022, 10:55:41 am »
hope he smashes it for Nottingham except against us :) I think he has the quality to surprise many..

good luck Neco!

YNWA

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #998 on: July 11, 2022, 10:57:17 am »
Pob lwc Neco. Not cheap but an intelligent deal by Forest I think - already decent experience, bags of potential, good resale prospects, they play the right system for him, same as he plays internationally

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: July 11, 2022, 11:17:32 am »
Jürgen Klopp will remain a keen observer of Neco Williams' blossoming career from afar after the full-back completed a permanent transfer to Nottingham Forest.

The Wales international will now continue his development under the management of Steve Cooper at the newly promoted Premier League outfit.

Williams joined the Reds’ Academy set-up at U9 level and progressed right through to the first team, where he made 33 appearances in all competitions across three seasons.

Klopp stressed the decision to allow such a talent to depart the club was one he wrestled with, though ultimately concluded the 21-year-old was more than deserving of regular game time at this stage of his footballing journey.

“It’s wonderful news for Neco – a perfect move in many ways,” the boss told Liverpoolfc.com. “He’s a bright, exciting talent and he’s going to a club that is upwardly mobile in this moment.

“I am a big fan of their manager and he knows Neco from when he coached at our Academy. I think they’ll be ideal for each other.

“He’s achieved so much already but there is even more to come. Premier League and Champions League experience for us; a promotion last season with Fulham, who looked after him superbly, I must say; a contributor to our trophy wins for sure; one of Wales’ most important players and going to a World Cup.

“It’s not easy to let him leave if I’m being honest, but he deserves to be playing regularly and he’s earned the right to be ready for his international team for this tournament coming in the winter.

“I’m proud of the part we have played in his growth and development – I mean the entire club, not just as a first-team environment.

“Our Academy deserves a special mention. They produce so much talent and Neco’s progression is something they can be very proud of.

“We wish him success and look forward to seeing him continue on his journey, albeit now from a distance.”