Author Topic: Jedi: Fallen Order  (Read 4799 times)

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: Jedi: Fallen Order
« Reply #40 on: December 9, 2022, 08:56:30 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VRaobDJjiec" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VRaobDJjiec</a>

I'm not sure how much this is its own thing and how much is supposed to fit in with the current Disney output - looks like they've used Dark Troopers here for example, a good decade or so before Moff Gideon uses them in the Mandalorian (which isn't necessarily a contradiction).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline F-T-9

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2022, 03:01:02 pm »
I can not wait, absolutely loved the first one. In fact, I'm probably gonna go back and replay it.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #42 on: April 9, 2023, 11:23:04 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bmj3ty-Wt48" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bmj3ty-Wt48</a>

A few people out there have been given early access to I guess the first world and the response I've seen has been positive. A little more 'open world' than the more focused story beats of the first game, expanded combat options etc.

My main issue is that my PC CPU/GPU exactly hits the minimum spec listed on Steam, so I'm not sure I want to get into it now, or wait a long while and pick it up for cheap and play it on a new rig as a better experience.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2023, 05:59:41 am »
Given how horribly optimized Fallen Order was for PC, and the fact they don't seem to have paid any attention to that based on Survivor's ridiculously bloated 150gb file size, I'd probably wait for performance reviews for the PC version.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2023, 08:51:06 am »
Looking forward to this, hope the difficulty is the same as the first one.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2023, 06:56:07 pm »
Star Wars Jedi:Survivor is getting some pretty great reviews.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2023, 08:07:15 pm »
For once, it seems like a Jedi protagonist has managed to not forget all their powers between games, and you don't start this having to relearn Force basics.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2023, 04:12:45 pm »
Steam reviews mostly negative based on it pounding the hardware and seemingly capped at 30fps even on high end hardware.

I think I'll give it a while...

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2023, 06:32:37 pm »
Having another go through Fallen Order before going for the sequel. Thank god the sequel has fast travel as the map on Fallen Order is probably the worst map in a game I’ve ever seen

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2023, 08:41:39 am »
It’s great from my first initial go at it. The prologue is long but it’s good and whilst it retains the same mechanics as the first game, they have from the initial looks of it expanded what I suspect is the living hub planet for that exploration which looks good.

Only just started the game mind and not gotten very far but yeah so far so good.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #51 on: May 1, 2023, 01:43:09 pm »
I never finished Fallen Order. Do I need to before starting this one? Is the story a continuation and I'll miss out if I don't?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 1, 2023, 11:30:20 pm »
I never finished Fallen Order. Do I need to before starting this one? Is the story a continuation and I'll miss out if I don't?

So personally… for the sake of the story and characters you interact with, yes you should complete Fallen order before starting this. However if for whatever reason you want/need/have to jump into this one instead then the game offers a recap of what happened previously if you like.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #53 on: May 2, 2023, 07:03:33 am »
Cheers!
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2023, 08:03:25 pm »
Fuck me I've spent the last 20 fucking minutes trying to figure out how to get through a fucking door as I didn't want to Google anything. Thought it was an automatic door and was getting pissed off. Had to check there wasn't a bug on the game and how the fuck they expect you to figure that out I don't know. Subtle whilst stupidly simplistic.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2023, 08:38:53 pm »
Fuck me I've spent the last 20 fucking minutes trying to figure out how to get through a fucking door as I didn't want to Google anything. Thought it was an automatic door and was getting pissed off. Had to check there wasn't a bug on the game and how the fuck they expect you to figure that out I don't know. Subtle whilst stupidly simplistic.

:lmao

Come a long way since asteroids eh macca.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2023, 09:37:49 pm »
If you've played it it's the one to get to see cere. Wouldnt mind but it's not even like it's one of the puzzle bits.