Author Topic: Jedi: Fallen Order  (Read 4786 times)

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jedi: Fallen Order
« on: November 14, 2019, 09:07:20 pm »
Fuck me this is good.

Feels like a star wars game, the gameplay is very fluid and the comparisons with the Souls series of games is very apt, it’s difficult!

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Jedi: Fallen Order
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 09:19:43 pm »
Getting it tomorrow all being well. Can't wait.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 11:32:57 pm »
Fuck me this is good.

Feels like a star wars game, the gameplay is very fluid and the comparisons with the Souls series of games is very apt, it’s difficult!

How are you already playing it?

I’m downloading it on Steam tonight to play it tomorrow.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2019, 12:33:15 am »
How are you already playing it?

I’m downloading it on Steam tonight to play it tomorrow.

Arrived a day early in the post 👍

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 07:27:48 am »
Nice to hear it's getting solid reviews across the board. About time we got a good single player focused Star Wars game.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2019, 10:37:51 am »
Have played about an hour or so, I really like the feeling of it so far! Feels cool, I am thus far impressed but it is early days but yeah, exciting!

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2019, 01:32:48 pm »
Will wait a few weeks until they've patched it a few times, the performance looks ass on the PS4 pro.  :'(

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2019, 02:15:32 pm »
Will wait a few weeks until they've patched it a few times, the performance looks ass on the PS4 pro.  :'(

I was planing on picking it up after work, read at a high level some of the reviews and they all seem to mention technical issues. Is it that bad on the Pro? Type of thing that generally gets fixed after a couple weeks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-ps4-pro-performance/amp/
« Last Edit: November 15, 2019, 02:21:43 pm by Broad Spectrum »

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2019, 03:28:35 pm »
I was planing on picking it up after work, read at a high level some of the reviews and they all seem to mention technical issues. Is it that bad on the Pro? Type of thing that generally gets fixed after a couple weeks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wccftech.com/star-wars-jedi-fallen-order-ps4-pro-performance/amp/

I’m on a release day, original PS4 and only issues i’ve had is texture pop in, but it’s barely noticeable IMO.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2019, 03:48:38 pm »
Judging by the giantbomb quicklook, which apparently didn't even show the worst of it, the frame rate even on performance mode is shocking in many spots.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2019, 04:15:23 pm »
2 hours in for me, no performance issues as of yet on PS4 Pro

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 01:30:38 pm »
Dathomir is one very tough place to go early on!

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 06:37:47 pm »
How do the Dark Souls comparisons hold up?

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2019, 08:02:04 pm »
How do the Dark Souls comparisons hold up?

Quite well.

It’s not as tough as the souls games but each planet has different ways to go with shortcuts to unlock (the maps are quite large as well,) with any enemy that kills you needing to be hit again in order to regain your XP.

Combat is very similar in the sense that you have to time your attacks and dodges and there are boss fights scattered around that are really tough.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2019, 09:30:41 pm »
Quite well.

It’s not as tough as the souls games but each planet has different ways to go with shortcuts to unlock (the maps are quite large as well,) with any enemy that kills you needing to be hit again in order to regain your XP.

Combat is very similar in the sense that you have to time your attacks and dodges and there are boss fights scattered around that are really tough.

Great stuff mate it’s going on the Christmas list.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2019, 07:21:19 pm »
Dathomir is one very tough place to go early on!

Yeah, I think I might have to do a tactical retreat to the other planet.

Am finding the game ok, was hoping more of a KOTOR type of game to be honest :(
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 01:39:51 pm »
I really like it and am surprised as this may open a path into some DS games, never appealed to me and I know this is only a "lite" version but I am really enjoying the way maps work and exploring areas and finding bits and shortcuts.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 03:55:44 pm »
I’m enjoying it as well. Appreciate there’s nothing innovative here in terms of gameplay, but it’s fairly solid across the board. Personally, I’ve not played a huge amount of Uncharted, Tomb Raider etc. so I’m not particularly ‘fatigued’ with this style. And even if I was, it’s Star Wars. I’m playing through on Jedi Master which is quite tough, but fun as hell.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2019, 05:27:37 pm »
I changed my mind about Dathomir.

It can get to fuck.

Offline ScottishKopite

• Kopite
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2019, 05:12:11 pm »
I changed my mind about Dathomir.

It can get to fuck.

is this a straight up story or open world like a god of war ?

I have had last two SW games Battlefront and Battlefront two wasn't keen on them. Love star wars but always feel let down by games they release

I said on the COD page I was going to get that on black Friday I would consider Star Wars is it worth it 

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2019, 05:30:20 pm »
is this a straight up story or open world like a god of war ?

I have had last two SW games Battlefront and Battlefront two wasn't keen on them. Love star wars but always feel let down by games they release

I said on the COD page I was going to get that on black Friday I would consider Star Wars is it worth it 

Similar to a dark souls game in the sense that you can go where you want but there are linear paths to progress the story.

Well worth picking up.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2019, 03:10:33 am »
I’m enjoying it as well. Appreciate there’s nothing innovative here in terms of gameplay, but it’s fairly solid across the board. Personally, I’ve not played a huge amount of Uncharted, Tomb Raider etc. so I’m not particularly ‘fatigued’ with this style. And even if I was, it’s Star Wars. I’m playing through on Jedi Master which is quite tough, but fun as hell.

Meh- played about 5 hours today - wanted to play a star wars game, not tomb raider. Not for me I guess. I thought Force Unleashed was superior to this one as far as gameplay and control of force powers.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2019, 03:15:14 am »
Meh- played about 5 hours today - wanted to play a star wars game, not tomb raider. Not for me I guess. I thought Force Unleashed was superior to this one as far as gameplay and control of force powers.

Yeah I put an hour or so into it and it's just a lesser God of War for me.

I know it would make the game stupidly easy but lightsabers depleting an energy bar instead of removing body parts just seems stupid.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2019, 11:56:20 am »
Just completed this.

What a fucking game! The end level is incredible!

Spoiler
Fighting Trilla, beating her and then you just here the famous breathing, with Vader’s silouhette appearing behind her.

Then having to hold of Vader while you try and escape is nerve wracking and shows the absoloute power of him.
[close]

Definately sets up for a sequel and I hope Respawn do one because they knocked it out the park.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #24 on: December 3, 2019, 11:35:24 am »
Will I enjoy this game if I have absolutely no interest in Star Wars?  (i.e. is it a good game regardless?)

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2019, 08:28:31 am »
Will I enjoy this game if I have absolutely no interest in Star Wars?  (i.e. is it a good game regardless?)

If you like Dark Souls as a game then maybe, if not then it’ll be very difficult to sell to you.

Offline Davidbowie

• Legacy Fan
  • The Thin White Duke
« Reply #26 on: January 6, 2020, 12:41:06 pm »
I got this at Christmas and completed it a few days ago, have already sold it on ebay.

It was just 'ok'.

The levels were pretty well designed but it did get incredibly frustrating at times, constantly falling down gaps if you mistime a jump off one of the slides etc.

I also felt that the game was made overly difficult - you're a jedi and have force powers and a lightsaber - no one should be able to touch you, I didnt really get the full enjoyment out of those powers. The blocking mechanism is crap I must say and the tomb raider style puzzles got a bit boring to be honest.

It should have been more like Shadow of War which for me was absolutely perfect combat wise and was geared more toward the fighting and not the puzzles.

6.5/10
FAME makes a man take things over

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 7, 2020, 09:07:20 pm »
Blocking mechanism is boss, you’re obviously just shite  ;D  Played on Jedi Master but did have to lower the difficulty for the boss on Dathomir he was fucking nails.

Yeah way too many slides, platform idea was good but could have been better executed. Still I liked it, like I said before nothing particularly innovative but new for Star Wars.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2020, 05:03:56 pm »
Finished yesterday after picking up at New Year - I think it's solid. Haven't played most of the things mentioned here so the gameplay felt fresh. Mostly I just wanted to play though the narrative so...

I also felt that the game was made overly difficult - you're a jedi and have force powers and a lightsaber - no one should be able to touch you

I just played it in story mode and this is exactly what it does feel like - I think I died 3 times to enemies throughout the game, although I obviously fell down hundreds of gaps.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2020, 10:01:54 pm »

I also felt that the game was made overly difficult - you're a jedi and have force powers and a lightsaber - no one should be able to touch you,

To be fair, in-story he goes on the run when he's still a Padawan in training. Probably how they explain that enemies can be a struggle for you.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2020, 05:33:32 pm »
Just started this. Boss init? No idea about the lore as never watched a Star Wars film but enjoying this.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2020, 07:21:49 pm »
Just started this. Boss init? No idea about the lore as never watched a Star Wars film but enjoying this.

Doesn’t really match any lore, it’s it’s own story with a few nods to the books, series and films thrown in.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: May 5, 2020, 07:13:05 pm »
Just finished this, I thought the ending was great but the overall game was decent.

A sequel could be even better.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 7, 2020, 08:31:21 am »
Great game. Though I'd love them to do something really open world. Where you could start out as whatever you wanted. Perhaps someone who starts out with nothing and gets to decide which path he/she wants to take. Be it a Jedi or a Sith. Or perhaps start out as a stormtrooper an AT-AT driver, an x-wing pilot or a tie-fighter. Or maybe start out as a bounty hunter like Bobba-fett.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 7, 2020, 10:49:05 am »
Great game. Though I'd love them to do something really open world. Where you could start out as whatever you wanted. Perhaps someone who starts out with nothing and gets to decide which path he/she wants to take. Be it a Jedi or a Sith. Or perhaps start out as a stormtrooper an AT-AT driver, an x-wing pilot or a tie-fighter. Or maybe start out as a bounty hunter like Bobba-fett.

Sorta like the old Star Wars Galaxies?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 8, 2020, 08:08:23 am »
Sorta like the old Star Wars Galaxies?

Never actually played that, but having read a little on it, yeah, something similar. Not just multi-player though. Just the freedom to be what you want to be. I think that would be great. Depending on which path you chose ie. Joining the empire or the rebellion etc... You could have different missions to complete in order to advance up the pecking order as a player.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2020, 09:02:49 am by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 8, 2020, 05:06:13 pm »
Never actually played that, but having read a little on it, yeah, something similar. Not just multi-player though. Just the freedom to be what you want to be. I think that would be great. Depending on which path you chose ie. Joining the empire or the rebellion etc... You could have different missions to complete in order to advance up the pecking order as a player.
Another KOTOR or similar would be the best you could hope for. Sadly the games just don't hold up well. Not so much the visuals but the technical issues are a pain.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 8, 2020, 06:21:04 pm »

That's literally what Star Wars galaxies was when it started. Choose any profession and progress. Join the rebellion or empire...limited Jedi too. It was great.

Then they fucked it up and allowed everyone to be jedi and it quickly went downhill
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2022, 12:46:55 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4HLDaBGdnLc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4HLDaBGdnLc</a>
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2022, 06:20:34 pm »
Wonder who the guy in the tank is? Must be someone we already know if they tease it like that.