Author Topic: Playstation 5 (2020)  (Read 146837 times)

Online sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Playstation 5 (2020)
« Reply #2200 on: June 13, 2022, 04:31:56 pm »
Here's the list! It's HUGE

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/ps-plus-extra-ps-plus-premium-now-live-across-the-usa

The ‘Extra’ option for £34 more than the base looks like a good option, particularly if anyone hasn’t played either of the Spider-Man games yet. Some other games on there too that I’d thought about purchasing in the past but hadn’t pulled the trigger on.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #2201 on: June 13, 2022, 04:51:09 pm »
I’m lagging a bit behind here but just realized that Starfield is an XBOX-exclusive. So here’s hoping that it’s a buggy Bethesda mess with 2018 graphics.

Officially out at the end of 2023, won't be playable until at least 6 months into 2024, it'll be alright to miss out.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2202 on: June 13, 2022, 05:10:24 pm »
I’m lagging a bit behind here but just realized that Starfield is an XBOX-exclusive. So here’s hoping that it’s a buggy Bethesda mess with 2018 graphics.

My man with that never ending console beef  ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2203 on: June 13, 2022, 05:14:06 pm »
My man with that never ending console beef  ;D

;D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2204 on: June 13, 2022, 05:48:12 pm »
The Extra tier looks a no brainer based on that list. There’s 3 or 4 big games in there I haven’t played yet and loads of others that I’d be tempted to try out. It seems more varied and interesting to me than the current Gamepass offering. It’ll be interesting to see how often it’s refreshed and what quality of games they drop into it.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2205 on: June 13, 2022, 06:06:02 pm »
My PS plus expires 2 days before the new tiers come out. Am I best letting it lapse for 2 days then renewing? Don’t want to renew on the old system then lose some of what I’ve paid.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2206 on: June 13, 2022, 07:45:11 pm »
My PS plus expires 2 days before the new tiers come out. Am I best letting it lapse for 2 days then renewing? Don’t want to renew on the old system then lose some of what I’ve paid.

From what I’ve read you’ll be able to top up to whichever tier you want to on a prorata basis depending on how much time you have left. You could renew now and then go up to the extra tier for about £35 in a couple of weeks. Mine renews tomorrow and I’ll just let it go and then top up when I want to, I’m currently working through a couple of games so might hold off upgrading until I want to play a game in the higher tier as that’ll save me a pound or two!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2207 on: June 16, 2022, 05:01:17 pm »
Gonna get the highest tier. Just got an email off Sony

I want to play Demons Souls and Returnal

Weird they mention Red Dead when it has no PS5 patch?

Just a reminder, the new PlayStation Plus service arrives on 23 June. All the details are here.

Your membership
Your membership will automatically migrate into a PlayStation Plus Essential plan – maintaining your access to all the PlayStation Plus benefits you enjoy today – unless you let it expire before 23 June.

Your subscription fee will not increase and your payment dates will not change, unless you choose to make any changes yourself to your subscription plan or payment frequency. You will keep any stacked subscription time you’ve already paid for.

After the transition is complete, you can easily upgrade to a higher benefits plan at any time. To do so, you'll need to pay the difference between your existing plan and the plan you want to move up to, adjusted for the remaining time in your payment cycle.

A summary of the new membership plans

YOUR PLAN: PlayStation Plus Essential

Provides the same benefits that PlayStation Plus members get today, such as:
Monthly downloadable games
Exclusive discounts and content
Cloud storage for saved games
Online multiplayer access
Share Play
Game Help (PS5 only)
The PlayStation Plus Collection (PS5 only)
Pricing: £6.99 every month / £19.99 every 3 months / £49.99 every 12 months.

PlayStation Plus Extra

Provides all the benefits from the PlayStation Plus Essential plan and adds access to the Game Catalogue*, which contains up to 400 PS4 and PS5 games to download, including:
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla
Red Dead Redemption 2
Demon’s Souls
NBA 2K22
Marvel’s Spider-Man
Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Pricing: £10.99 every month / £31.99 every 3 months / £83.99 every 12 months. Once the new services launches, you can upgrade at any time.

PlayStation Plus Premium

Provides all the benefits from PlayStation Plus Essential and Extra plans, and adds:
Up to 340* additional games in the Classics Catalogue:
Play selected PS3 games via cloud streaming**, including:
Rain
Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
Enjoy games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations – select titles available to both stream** and download – including:
Tekken 2
Jak 3
Borderlands The Handsome Collection
Cloud streaming** access to most PS4 titles in the Game Catalogue*
Time-limited game trials for selected new titles including:
Horizon Forbidden West
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection
Tiny Tina’s Wonderland
Pricing: £13.49 every month / £39.99 every 3 months / £99.99 every 12 months. Once the new services launches, you can upgrade at any time.

NOTE: Cloud streaming is offered in countries where PlayStation Now is currently available, plus 11 new countries.*** PlayStation Plus Premium members can stream games using PS4 and PS5 consoles, and PC.****

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2208 on: June 16, 2022, 05:11:51 pm »

I may be missing it, but they don't mention Returnal either do they?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2209 on: June 16, 2022, 05:22:49 pm »
Returnal can suck a dick.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2210 on: June 16, 2022, 05:48:25 pm »
Returnal can suck a dick.

Well that escalated quickly
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2211 on: June 16, 2022, 06:39:34 pm »
I may be missing it, but they don't mention Returnal either do they?

The yanks get it

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2212 on: June 16, 2022, 07:54:22 pm »
Read dead will be the PS4 version. There is no next gen version on either Xbox or PS5 for read dead 2 afaik

Think we should get Returnal as well.

Think extra is the sweet spot for me. I managed to get another PS3 the other day (mine blew up!) and going to revisit some of the older PS3 games with that.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2213 on: June 16, 2022, 08:28:34 pm »
From the Push Square full list of games based on the US Returnal will be in the Extra tier. I’ll go for that level as premium really only adds classic games and some timed demos neither of which I’m really bothered about.

Have been pleasantly surprised by the strength and depth of the games offered in the extra tier.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2216 on: June 16, 2022, 10:03:28 pm »
That's console selling.
It would be if they were available.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2217 on: June 17, 2022, 12:31:03 pm »
Think I will wait until my current sub expires in January before I get the highest tier. They should have added to the collection by then aswell.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2218 on: June 17, 2022, 02:01:52 pm »
Middle tier looks good.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2219 on: June 17, 2022, 04:54:23 pm »

Yeah tried playing RDR2 on my PS5 lately and the 30fps is really jarring, don't even know whether it runs at 60fps on Xbox with its "FPS Boost" feature, but it's a game I'd like to finish without getting motion sickness.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2220 on: June 17, 2022, 04:56:22 pm »
Read dead will be the PS4 version. There is no next gen version on either Xbox or PS5 for read dead 2 afaik

Think we should get Returnal as well.

Think extra is the sweet spot for me. I managed to get another PS3 the other day (mine blew up!) and going to revisit some of the older PS3 games with that.
FYI, a lot of the first party games on offer are all the PS4 versions which is baffling, no 60fps upgrades for the likes of the Spiderman games, or Uncharted 4, really cheap and penny pinching shit from Sony.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2221 on: June 22, 2022, 09:15:27 pm »
New tiers arriving in Europe tomorrow. I’m assuming the list of games will be roughly the same as the US in which case I’ll be moving to the Extra tier in time for Stray at least!

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2222 on: June 23, 2022, 06:26:40 am »
Just downloaded MGXP21, ACC, Ride 4 and Death Stranding Directors Cut.

Some.great racing games on there, also want to try out WRC10.

It's a shame I always buy a lot of Sony first party day one because there is a lot of top tier stuff on there.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 06:28:45 am by naYoRHa2b »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2223 on: June 23, 2022, 07:48:23 am »
 I REALLY wish it wouldn't email me with every game I wanna try!  ;D

Demon's Souls and Returnal queued up for the three day weekend I got. Trial of Forbidden West available.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
« Reply #2224 on: June 23, 2022, 11:34:07 am »
Any recommended apps/websites/twitters that alert PS5 stock (UK)?

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2225 on: June 23, 2022, 11:37:25 am »
I used HotStock when I was looking for one last year which alerted me to the one I bought...

https://www.hotstock.io/uk/

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2226 on: June 23, 2022, 01:13:32 pm »

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2227 on: June 23, 2022, 03:39:19 pm »
Any recommended apps/websites/twitters that alert PS5 stock (UK)?

They’re currently available on both Argos and Game (which are the only places I’ve checked, there may be more).

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2228 on: June 24, 2022, 09:19:14 am »
Upgraded yesterday. was £35 to have the premium for 240 odd days. That's just brilliant value in my book, even more so as I immediately downloaded Returnal, Pillars of Eternity and The Outer Wilds - around  £100/£110 worth of games a week ago.

May downgrade to the middle tier in the future, but that'll be based on how much value/time I get out of the extended demos (which are, I assume, their way to upsell and will likely only have games that won't make it into this service)

Will see how this pans out, but, for me, and for this first period of time especially, it's fantastic value.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2229 on: June 24, 2022, 11:02:21 am »
I agree, it’s a good offer. Sadly I’m too old now and don’t have the time anymore to play all these games. Will keep an eye out for Def Jam Fight for NY and SSX3, though

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2230 on: June 24, 2022, 02:51:03 pm »
Upgraded yesterday. was £35 to have the premium for 240 odd days. That's just brilliant value in my book, even more so as I immediately downloaded Returnal, Pillars of Eternity and The Outer Wilds - around  £100/£110 worth of games a week ago.

May downgrade to the middle tier in the future, but that'll be based on how much value/time I get out of the extended demos (which are, I assume, their way to upsell and will likely only have games that won't make it into this service)

Will see how this pans out, but, for me, and for this first period of time especially, it's fantastic value.

Did you already have PS Now? It's going to cost me about £120 to upgrade to premium for around 300 days.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2231 on: June 24, 2022, 02:51:34 pm »
Did you already have PS Now? It's going to cost me about £120 to upgrade to premium for around 300 days.

Yeah

Though not sure what you've selected to be charged £120. I thought top tier was £99 in the UK

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2232 on: June 24, 2022, 03:04:23 pm »
Yeah

Though not sure what you've selected to be charged £120. I thought top tier was £99 in the UK

Sorry, had a bit of a brain fart there. It's about 900 days. I had 3 years in my head and it somehow came out as 300  ;D
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2233 on: June 25, 2022, 11:21:46 am »
I pay monthly for PS Plus - just paid £4 to upgrade to the Premium for the rest of the month so I’ll have a look and see if it’s worth keeping after that.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2234 on: June 25, 2022, 03:44:14 pm »
Pretty decent for me as I'm a fairly cheap gamer so a nice little collection of titles to go through. Just started Miles Morales, really enjoying it so far.

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #2235 on: June 25, 2022, 06:10:13 pm »
I was living abroad for a couple of years without a console so have a pretty big backlog of games to catch up on. So for me the extra tier is great value rather than having to buy everything. Ghost of Tsushima, guardians of the galaxy and returnal all on my radar.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2236 on: June 26, 2022, 12:55:18 am »
I was living abroad for a couple of years without a console so have a pretty big backlog of games to catch up on. So for me the extra tier is great value rather than having to buy everything. Ghost of Tsushima, guardians of the galaxy and returnal all on my radar.
The likes of yourself are the people that will find it the best value, still think long term they've got to match Xbox for day one releases on the service.

Online Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2237 on: June 26, 2022, 10:12:57 am »
No thank you - Gamepass money is not guaranteed in the industry, it's no replacement for genuine customers

Last of us Remastered will sell a ton, God of War 2, the future release cycle... why leave that money on the table? (I wouldn't mind discounts as a loyal subscriber though). I get that everybody wants something for "nothing" but as I've rhapsodised on about before, Sony seeking to be genuinely sustainable is better for the industry than Gamepass

Sorta tired by the comparisons - not you matey, EVERYWHERE lol. But this iteration is a success.

There is more than enough on the service to keep anyone entertained at present. I quite like the game trials option

I recommend this article, particularly as Pushsquare were pretty critical (which is why I read them) https://www.pushsquare.com/features/reaction-ps-plus-ps5-ps4-restart-is-welcome-and-smart

On a far less practical level, it sounds mad but I actually think that I like looking forward to games being released, buying a physical copy and going home to play it. I get that Gamepass doesn’t stop me from doing that but I just think such a total plethora of games being thrown in your face at all times including the brand new latest releases just takes away from the experience a bit.

Probably sound a bit ridiculous and inevitably a product of my nostalgia of saving up to buy games like Metal Gear Solid and the latest Tomb Raider on release date but just my two pence on the subject.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2238 on: June 26, 2022, 10:15:43 am »
No thank you - Gamepass money is not guaranteed in the industry, it's no replacement for genuine customers

Last of us Remastered will sell a ton, God of War 2, the future release cycle... why leave that money on the table? (I wouldn't mind discounts as a loyal subscriber though). I get that everybody wants something for "nothing" but as I've rhapsodised on about before, Sony seeking to be genuinely sustainable is better for the industry than Gamepass

Sorta tired by the comparisons - not you matey, EVERYWHERE lol. But this iteration is a success.

There is more than enough on the service to keep anyone entertained at present. I quite like the game trials option

I recommend this article, particularly as Pushsquare were pretty critical (which is why I read them) https://www.pushsquare.com/features/reaction-ps-plus-ps5-ps4-restart-is-welcome-and-smart

Offline Tombellylfc

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #2239 on: June 26, 2022, 12:49:20 pm »
The likes of yourself are the people that will find it the best value, still think long term they've got to match Xbox for day one releases on the service.
Absolutely I've fallen lucky in that I have a mass of games on a list to catch up on and a good few are on that extra tier. The big test for them is if people will still be subscribed in a years time. Have to make sure they put good stuff on regularly