The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

The Klopp Template

<< < (2276/2336) > >>

tubby:

--- Quote from: Knight on November 25, 2023, 02:31:20 pm ---Can the Klopp template learn how to pass the ball out from the back when being pressed high please. Make it so much harder for ourselves than necessary. That midfield 3 had the technical ability to do it but we donít seem to know how.

--- End quote ---

We've never been able to do it under Klopp.  Our usual out ball was to ping it over opposing fullbacks to release Mane and Salah but we've moved away from that.

Even with a more technical midfield we still struggle, it's just not something Jurgen coaches us to do.

Chris~:

--- Quote from: tubby on November 26, 2023, 09:17:01 am ---We've never been able to do it under Klopp.  Our usual out ball was to ping it over opposing fullbacks to release Mane and Salah but we've moved away from that.

Even with a more technical midfield we still struggle, it's just not something Jurgen coaches us to do.

--- End quote ---
Firmino was also really good as a target through the middle as he could compete with most centre backs, hold the ball up and play others in. I don't think any of our current options are as good as him at doing that

Chris~:

--- Quote from: MonsLibpool on November 25, 2023, 02:38:43 pm ---Jurgen is really underrated tactically. I think we restricted them well which gave us a chance.

--- End quote ---
I think we did a good job restricting them, but at our best we could do that and generate turnovers and chances in transition. Don't think we really did that enough yesterday

MonsLibpool:

--- Quote from: tubby on November 26, 2023, 09:17:01 am ---We've never been able to do it under Klopp.  Our usual out ball was to ping it over opposing fullbacks to release Mane and Salah but we've moved away from that.

--- End quote ---
There are some ways to beat a press:
1. Have skillful midfielders that can beat a man and open up a lot of space like Grav
2. Play it into the channels for a quick player to chase- Darwin and Diaz (to a lesser extent) can do that
3. Play it into a strong centre forward for him to hold it up- again, Darwin does this well.
4. Pass it out- we have players like Mac, Grav and Szobo that can do it but I think we prioririze the first 3.

We're not bad are we? I think last season,  we were maybe a 1/4 when Darwin was playing on the wing (his holdup play wasn't great last year) but now we're a solid 3/4 so we've improved.

BER:
Why do we continue with this pig of a formation when Gomez is playing right back? Make it make sense.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version