Author Topic: Destiny 2 - The sequel we needed?  (Read 55969 times)

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
Re: Destiny 2 - No Spoilers Guardians
« Reply #80 on: June 15, 2017, 10:55:31 am »
I'm so excited I'll probably end up buying it twice lol ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #81 on: June 15, 2017, 12:42:00 pm »
Same I'm super excited to see what there is for us all. New everything! Leave the Gjallarhorn alone until D3 though. They brought it back for RoI, just leave it alone and let us work with other tools for a bit.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2017, 03:59:19 pm »
Digital Deluxe Edition purchased. Really looking forward to the Beta now 8)

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2017, 04:33:30 pm »
Apols for the double post but.....how do I get my code for the Beta?

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2017, 05:20:13 pm »
Apols for the double post but.....how do I get my code for the Beta?

I think its emailed to you by the people you pre ordered the game from just before the Beta goes live.

Thats my understanding anyway.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2017, 05:22:50 pm »
Will we be starting a RAWK clan?

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2017, 05:27:35 pm »
Cheers China. The chances of a RAWK clan on PS4 are probably quite good....Xbox not so much ::)

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2017, 07:42:39 pm »
Will we be starting a RAWK clan?

There used to be one started by myself, Team Sleep and Rattleduser were part of it and at least one or two more.  Struggled to organise stuff though and it disbanded.  I'll see if I still have access to it on PSN if you want and 'hand it over' if you will.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2017, 09:10:34 pm »
There used to be one started by myself, Team Sleep and Rattleduser were part of it and at least one or two more.  Struggled to organise stuff though and it disbanded.  I'll see if I still have access to it on PSN if you want and 'hand it over' if you will.

I owe you for getting me the raids for my year one moments of triumph! Vault of Glass carrying five noobs and two with no mics...

If I could play any game again it would be year one Crucible through to the end of the pulse rifle meta in House of Wolves. Competing the Thorn quest with a That Beautiful Glow fusion rifle was an achievement.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2017, 09:30:29 pm »
I'm so excited I'll probably end up buying it twice lol ;D ;D ;D ;D
if they follow D1, you'll probably get to buy it 3 times
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #90 on: June 19, 2017, 11:53:35 pm »

Hopefully there will be more people this time I was late into the first game.

And I guess the guided games option will help if enough people aren't online at the time.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2017, 08:04:44 pm »
I owe you for getting me the raids for my year one moments of triumph! Vault of Glass carrying five noobs and two with no mics...

If I could play any game again it would be year one Crucible through to the end of the pulse rifle meta in House of Wolves. Competing the Thorn quest with a That Beautiful Glow fusion rifle was an achievement.

Nothing will ever beat the HoW meta.  Whilst Thorn was fucking mental, everything else also seemed strong.  But yeah, the pulse rifle love was awesome.  I know we've spoken recently about it, but it really was fantastic. Destiny at it's best.

As for Raiding, for me the most enjoyment always been gained from the social-ness (if that's a word?) of the group.  I'm just happy to be part of the fire-team, no matter who it is, what people's skill levels or understanding of the game is like, or even their age.  Although 5 squeakers does present a......challenge.  We've all been noobs at some point, we've all had that first time.  People just need to remember their own and pay it forward, if you will.  I'm just gutted you've binned it off.

For now ;)
Believe.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2017, 08:07:02 pm »
if they follow D1, you'll probably get to buy it 3 times

Not sure I follow this comment.....
Believe.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2017, 08:09:18 pm »
Hopefully there will be more people this time I was late into the first game.

And I guess the guided games option will help if enough people aren't online at the time.

Guided games should really help the less hardcore and more time-pressed players match up with those that can help.  I've said it before though, there needs to be a rep system and the ability for party/fireteam leaders to be able to report griefers and also warn others about the idiots.
Believe.

Offline Team Sleep

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • A walking surplus.
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2017, 10:09:26 am »
Nothing will ever beat the HoW meta.  Whilst Thorn was fucking mental, everything else also seemed strong.  But yeah, the pulse rifle love was awesome.  I know we've spoken recently about it, but it really was fantastic. Destiny at it's best.

As for Raiding, for me the most enjoyment always been gained from the social-ness (if that's a word?) of the group.  I'm just happy to be part of the fire-team, no matter who it is, what people's skill levels or understanding of the game is like, or even their age.  Although 5 squeakers does present a......challenge.  We've all been noobs at some point, we've all had that first time.  People just need to remember their own and pay it forward, if you will.  I'm just gutted you've binned it off.

For now ;)

I'm in Germany for a week and a half from today. Back 3rd July - I'll reinstall it so I can give you a hand with some of those squeaker groups.

And then I'll delete it again the next time I'm up against a 6 stack of top tier Stormcallers with year one shotguns  ;D

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2017, 10:45:05 am »
Anyone else get the email from Bungie last night?

This Week At Bungie – 06/22/20170h - DeeJ
This week at Bungie we’re planning a monument to all of your wins.

Even before our old friend Cayde revealed that your stuff (but, more importantly, his stuff) would soon fall prey to the Red Legion, we let you know that we were going to honor our veteran players who join us again in Destiny 2. Today, we’re going to shine a little light on what you can expect if you count yourself among those ranks.

We say a little light, because we have competing goals to contend with on this subject. Some of the ways in which we’ll tip our hat to your legacy in Destiny 2, and some of the ways you’ll be able to show all the young pups that you’d become legend long before they were ever reborn in the Cosmodrome, are best left for you to experience for yourself. Others are little touches that will fall snuggly into the realm of “you just had to be there.” We’re not going to spoil them for you right here and right now.

On the other hand, we do have a handful of emblematic accomplishments that could compel you to tie up some loose ends this summer. We’d hate to have you look back on this time once Destiny 2 launches and wonder why we just didn’t let you know that if you’d just done that one last thing prior to August 1st, 2017, you’d have one more memento to add to your visible Destiny 1-era accomplishments in Destiny 2.

In the spirit of saving some small, but hopefully emotionally impactful surprises for you to experience first-hand in Destiny 2, and in the interest of arming you with the information you need to form your plan of attack over the next few months, here are seven Destiny 1 gameplay accomplishments that we’ll be carrying over into Destiny 2.

In Destiny 2, the real estate just above your Guardian in the character screen is being commandeered to reflect the design of your currently equipped emblem. Emblems will still be visible in orbit while you’re forming your Fireteam, as you would expect, as well. If this sort of personal touch is the type of thing that floats your boat, then you’ll want to pay close attention to the selection of emblems below, and the things you’ll need to accomplish in order to add them to your new collection.

Fair warning for those of you who joined us in progress: Some of these emblems have been reserved for Guardians who stood together during specific, triumphant moments in time. In the literal sense of the word, the four emblems that fall into that category are strictly about commemorating and respecting the deeds of those who were there with us at the beginning of our first and second year of adventures. Two, however, are still actively achievable as part of the Age of Triumph record book, and one is tied directly to your still malleable Grimoire score.

We’ll be tracking the deeds associated with these rewards until August 1, 2017. After that, the data will be frozen in time so we can begin the migration process for the launch of Destiny 2.

Destiny 2 Memorialization Emblems

Laurel Triumphant
You completed a Moment of Triumph during Destiny’s first year.

Laurea Prima II
You completed all 10 Moments of Triumph during Destiny’s first year.

Slayer of Oryx
You owned The Taken King and completed a Moment of Triumph during Destiny’s second year.

Heard the Call
You owned The Taken King and completed all 8 Moments of Triumph during Destiny’s second year.

Young Wolf
You owned Rise of Iron and reached Rank 2 in the Age of Triumph record book.

Saladin's Pride
You owned Rise of Iron and reached Rank 7 in the Age of Triumph record book.

Lore Scholar
Your achieved a Grimoire score of over 5,000 in Destiny 1.

Whether you’ve been with us from the very beginning and failed to spend your Strange Coins on Gjallarhorn in week 2, rose up for the first time to throw shade at Oryx deep within his creepy loot-filled fortress, or took your first steps in the snow of Old Russia after hearing the howls of Lord Saladin’s wolfpack, it has been our honor to host you in our world. We’re looking forward to our next big adventure together this September, but before we get there, we have some moments to forecast before the sequel drops.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2017, 10:49:38 am »
Defo missing a few of the triumphs, shame you can't go back...I don't even have a year one book, so no idea if I managed the first two but I defo didn't finish the year 2 stuff on time, fuck nose how that happened (or didn't) as my OCD usually makes me collect fucking everything!

Laurel Triumphant
You completed a Moment of Triumph during Destiny’s first year.

Laurea Prima II
You completed all 10 Moments of Triumph during Destiny’s first year.

Heard the Call
You owned The Taken King and completed all 8 Moments of Triumph during Destiny’s second year.

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2017, 10:54:53 am »
I'm an Xbox'er for D2 so if anyone wants to team up, get in touch!

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2017, 10:56:31 am »
Tried that once..... ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2017, 12:13:46 pm »
Tried that once..... ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Getting in touch with me?  :o

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2017, 12:26:11 pm »
Pretty certain I joined your clan for a short while but no one ever appeared to be online or raiding so I jibbed it.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2017, 12:44:59 pm »
I love the dig in TWAB about Gjallarhorn being sold in week 2.  Bungie do the social stuff so well.  Even the thread on Reddit for the weekly update had Deej in it proclaiming himself 'first to post, as you often see with Youtube comment sections.
Believe.

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2017, 01:28:36 pm »
Pretty certain I joined your clan for a short while but no one ever appeared to be online or raiding so I jibbed it.

Avalanche or DestinyRaiders?

My clan is pretty active (although not so much in the lul but there is a very active chat)

Whats your GT? Hopefully might refresh my memory - I feel bad you had a negative experience. The clan, especially the Slack chat is pretty good.

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2017, 01:57:20 pm »
Avalanche or DestinyRaiders?

My clan is pretty active (although not so much in the lul but there is a very active chat)

Whats your GT? Hopefully might refresh my memory - I feel bad you had a negative experience. The clan, especially the Slack chat is pretty good.
DestinyRaiders and my GT is Alterego2121 :wave

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2017, 02:01:33 pm »
Yeah, DestinyRaiders...  :-X

Well if anyone wants to join Avalanche UK which is my active, UK Xbox clan, happy to take on any members. Regularly chat in Slack.

https://avaclanche.uk/

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2017, 03:52:33 pm »
Closed to new members ya big wally ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2017, 04:10:50 pm »
Closed to new members ya big wally ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not if you know an admin :)

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2017, 04:18:10 pm »
Ha ha send us an invite then buddy, Alterego2121 :wave

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2017, 04:31:51 pm »
Ha ha send us an invite then buddy, Alterego2121 :wave

DM an email and I'll get a chat invite out first. I've opened the clan too for a few hours.

Offline StormyDog

• You know had only 4 shots on target
  • Legacy Fan
  • Give yourself the chance to be Heroes
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2017, 07:24:03 am »
Not sure I follow this comment.....
Almost all of D1 DLC was in production at release. The entire game was cut up and sold in parts to the customer base.
There are plenty of videos explaining how Activision/Bungie repackaged what would have an exceptional £60 game into £160+ worth of Content.

The game was awesome and even with all the price gouging can still be seen as value for money, but I've stopped playing now as I not longer can devote the time to it.
Pep Guardiola: "We knew immediately when the draw was made - Anfield, they won it five times, the fans believe - it will be hard. We were beaten by an exceptional team."

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #110 on: July 3, 2017, 10:18:31 am »
For anyone waiting for the Destiny 2 beta release, we have at least finally reached the launch month.

While Bungie themselves have said they will be adding new information on code redemption and installation instructions soon, other secrets are being kept… well, secret.

Speaking to the Express Online at E3, Destiny 2 project lead Mark Noseworthy confirmed that there would be some surprises during the beta phase of the game.

“There will be some surprises, there wouldn’t be any if I gave them away now though,” he commented.

“There’s going to be a little bit more, and will be talking more about the beta as the summer continues.

“Fans are going to get their hands-on with some of these amazing activities and this amazing sandbox.”

As you can tell, Bungie weren’t ready to give anything away about what the Destiny 2 beta surprises.

Fans will be hoping for some top Crucible action in July, with the dates now fully confirmed for consoles.

Beta begins on 07/18/17 on PS4 and 7/19/17 on Xbox One for pre-ordering players. Non-pre-ordering console players will have access to the Destiny 2 Beta beginning 7/21/17.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/823866/Destiny-2-beta-news-Bungie-surprises-Clans-release-date-PS4

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #111 on: July 7, 2017, 09:48:07 am »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ohcDVmVfPLA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ohcDVmVfPLA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6YX9udnSr1c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6YX9udnSr1c</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0J3xN0BeEjo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0J3xN0BeEjo</a>

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #112 on: July 7, 2017, 06:18:55 pm »
I've stayed away from all of the spoilers as I want to experience it for myself on launch day.  I'm debating even whether to play the beta.

The reason for this is I don't want a repeat of D1.
Believe.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 7, 2017, 08:12:57 pm »
What do you mean by a repeat of D1? Do you mean having half a full game at full price? Or something else?

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2017, 01:22:32 pm »
I hope you can pre load the Beta a day or 2 before you can play it so its all ready to go.

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2017, 09:18:27 pm »
*Apparently*, that might be possible from tomorrow.....
Believe.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2017, 06:33:09 pm »
Yes its up to download now surprised its less than 400mb.

I'm waiting for my Amazon code so I can download it.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2017, 06:33:34 pm »
Received my Amazon code and redeemed on Bungie.net

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2017, 07:44:24 pm »
12GB file size on ps4
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2017, 07:51:38 pm »
Still haven't received my code yet.  :(