Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1757903 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #15520 on: June 23, 2022, 12:44:30 pm »
So the Bayern manager has admitted to tapping him up

Everyone does it, we got caught tapping Virg up, so best keep our heads down on that score.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #15521 on: June 23, 2022, 01:00:11 pm »
So when does this topic get moved to the former players' tab?
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #15522 on: June 23, 2022, 02:33:32 pm »
So when does this topic get moved to the former players' tab?
Wondering the same. Been too devastated to post anything.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15523 on: June 23, 2022, 03:00:49 pm »
Oooh edited though, what did he say first?

"You will be missed by all of us (except me)"
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15524 on: June 23, 2022, 06:16:53 pm »
Sally's Ham Sandwich is a bell to be honest.

Online darragh85

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15525 on: June 23, 2022, 09:15:17 pm »
Everyone does it, we got caught tapping Virg up, so best keep our heads down on that score.

and backed out of the deal to sign the player.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #15526 on: June 23, 2022, 09:21:55 pm »
My partner’s daughter lives with a video and film maker who’s worked on different stuff with Mane and his entourage. He told me that Sadio is very committed to projects in his home region in Senegal, and the impression was strong that all those in his camp viewed him a little like a cash cow.

I have no way of proving this, but my gut feeling is that this Bayern move is all about the money - and not for personal gain, but to enable a continuation of the projects in his home country. I watched his interview on the club channel, and that gut feeling was reinforced.

I don’t know whether the oft repeated idea that he’s on a downward trajectory will prove to be salient, but I rather doubt it. He’s an incredibly durable player with a fantastic fitness record; he’s probably not as lightning quick as he was in his mid 20s, but I don’t see him being one of those who’s form and fitness fall off a cliff. Good luck to him.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15527 on: June 23, 2022, 09:40:13 pm »
and backed out of the deal to sign the player.

Only for a bit, we got him 4 months into the season.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #15528 on: June 23, 2022, 10:08:00 pm »
Still gutted, having just watched the LFC video waving him farewell.

Over riding sense of respect from him, but little niggles you can see in the body language when asked about the song (Mane, running down the wing…) and the manager improving him. That said, he couldn’t say a bad word, and he’s obviously motivated by continuing to challenge himself.

Wish him all the best, absolute legend.

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #15529 on: June 23, 2022, 11:02:30 pm »
I noticed the same with how he reacted to those questions. I think there's an element of wanting to make more money but also possibly to get out of Salah's shadow

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #15530 on: June 24, 2022, 07:59:52 am »
What about the manager improving him? I can’t see how he can feel negative about that?
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15531 on: June 24, 2022, 08:03:20 am »
My partner’s daughter lives with a video and film maker who’s worked on different stuff with Mane and his entourage. He told me that Sadio is very committed to projects in his home region in Senegal, and the impression was strong that all those in his camp viewed him a little like a cash cow.

I have no way of proving this, but my gut feeling is that this Bayern move is all about the money - and not for personal gain, but to enable a continuation of the projects in his home country. I watched his interview on the club channel, and that gut feeling was reinforced.

I don’t know whether the oft repeated idea that he’s on a downward trajectory will prove to be salient, but I rather doubt it. He’s an incredibly durable player with a fantastic fitness record; he’s probably not as lightning quick as he was in his mid 20s, but I don’t see him being one of those who’s form and fitness fall off a cliff. Good luck to him.

Who knows the figures but I would be surprised if Bayern are paying him more than we were offering. They’re not renowned for astronomical salaries because they’ve nobody to compete with in Germany.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #15532 on: June 24, 2022, 08:57:05 am »

Fair play to him. He's dead right.

I too have always gotten the impression from Sadio that his main mission in life is to help the people of his country to better their lives and improve their communities. And that football is merely a vehicle to help him in attaining that. Obviously this is a Liverpool FC forum so people will naturally look at this from a footballing point of view, but in the wider context of things, I say fair fucks to him. If he wants to cream an extra few quid off Bayern to build schools in his home country then good for him. If a pay rise was on the table then I'd do exactly the same, and so would the vast majority of people. Anyone saying they wouldn't are just lying to themselves
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15533 on: June 24, 2022, 08:59:23 am »
He will be president of Senegal when he hangs up his boots.

Offline Bend It Like Aurelio

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15534 on: June 24, 2022, 09:08:01 am »

Agree with this. Think something similar with Salah also. Both of them have been very selfless philanthropists in regards to where they came from.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #15535 on: June 24, 2022, 09:11:41 am »
Fair play to him. He's dead right.

I too have always gotten the impression from Sadio that his main mission in life is to help the people of his country to better their lives and improve their communities. And that football is merely a vehicle to help him in attaining that. Obviously this is a Liverpool FC forum so people will naturally look at this from a footballing point of view, but in the wider context of things, I say fair fucks to him. If he wants to cream an extra few quid off Bayern to build schools in his home country then good for him. If a pay rise was on the table then I'd do exactly the same, and so would the vast majority of people. Anyone saying they wouldn't are just lying to themselves

Not if I was good enough to play for liverpool

But, amd I think this is the crux of the matter, I’m a liverpool supporter and it’s my life

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Paul_h

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15536 on: June 24, 2022, 12:10:33 pm »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=595359985279195&id=100044155958197

awesome words from the boss..
“I respect completely his decision and I‘m sure our supporters do also. If you love LFC, you have to love Sadio – non-negotiable."

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15537 on: June 24, 2022, 12:15:14 pm »
Sally Armitage could really do with not talking, every time he opens his trap he sounds like a total fucking prat.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #15538 on: June 24, 2022, 12:26:16 pm »
He just doesn't look right in that Bayern top.  :-\
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #15539 on: June 24, 2022, 01:18:36 pm »
Farewell Sadio - fantastic memories of a great player and person.....you deserve all the plaudits. The best of luck with your next venture.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #15540 on: June 24, 2022, 01:27:07 pm »

The GDP per capita in Senegal is 1400 USD per year. So he will make about the same amount of money at Bayern as 10,000 people in his home country. He could afford to help a lot of people.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15541 on: June 24, 2022, 01:54:43 pm »
Trevor Sinclair on talkcrap this morning

*he was never lauded by the Liverpool fans
*why isn’t he being paid what he’s worth
*Klopps lost him by belittling Afcon

The levels of idiocy from him furthering all these points nearly made me crash the van

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15542 on: June 24, 2022, 02:05:53 pm »

The levels of idiocy from him furthering all these points nearly made me crash the van
If only we'd have had a good song for him.  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15543 on: June 24, 2022, 02:41:36 pm »
I suppose sometime soon this thread will be placed in the past players group of threads.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15544 on: June 24, 2022, 03:21:42 pm »
Still gutted, having just watched the LFC video waving him farewell.

Over riding sense of respect from him, but little niggles you can see in the body language when asked about the song (Mane, running down the wing…) and the manager improving him. That said, he couldn’t say a bad word, and he’s obviously motivated by continuing to challenge himself.

Wish him all the best, absolute legend.

What's this people are saying about him being odd mentioning his song? He (half) sang the line from his song didn't he, I'm not sure it was a dig at Mo's song, it just has the same words. The way I took it he just said Mane instead of Sadio as the song actually goes.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #15545 on: June 24, 2022, 03:48:05 pm »

Why do you listen to Trevor Sinclair?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #15546 on: June 24, 2022, 04:41:39 pm »

You've sort of answered your own point.....'talkcrap' sums it up

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15547 on: June 24, 2022, 06:24:06 pm »
Why do you listen to Trevor Sinclair?

I have talkcrap on in the van. It breaks up the boredom between jobs

I hate everyone on there. I couldn’t give you a definable answer to be honest. I do a lot of things to myself I shouldn’t

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15548 on: June 24, 2022, 06:41:02 pm »

I hate everyone on there. I couldn’t give you a definable answer to be honest. I do a lot of things to myself I shouldn’t

I used to have it on but sacked it off over a decade ago,used to wind me up too much.

Listen to R6 or Absolute nowadays.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Giant

• da red giant asshole
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15549 on: June 24, 2022, 07:12:07 pm »
Great player, even better person.
Perfect fit for us. It was fun while it lasted.
Wish him well except when he plays against us.
Goodbye Main Man Mané!

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15550 on: June 24, 2022, 07:34:08 pm »

*Raises eyebrow*

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15551 on: June 24, 2022, 07:44:08 pm »

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15552 on: June 24, 2022, 08:43:46 pm »
Whilst previously on this thread I’d said that I’d rather lose Mane over Salah, I must admit the realisation of Mane not playing for us now is actually really sad. What an absolute beast of a player. He was immense at the end of this season and actually he was an absolute monster with us throughout his time here.

I will miss him, and wish him nothing but the best at Bayern!

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #15553 on: June 24, 2022, 09:27:52 pm »
Never thought I’d say this but eager for the new season now.
Want to see the new reds.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #15554 on: June 24, 2022, 09:54:03 pm »
Wondering the same. Been too devastated to post anything.

Ive posted "fuck' several times.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15555 on: June 25, 2022, 01:00:56 am »

I used to have it on but sacked it off over a decade ago,used to wind me up too much.

Listen to R6 or Absolute nowadays.

I’m drawn to it

I know what they’re doing aswell. Just fishing for calls

But I actually think Sinclair is too thick for even that. I think he genuinely believes what he was saying

Jurgen Klopp

Offline rushyman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15556 on: June 25, 2022, 01:01:58 am »

Jurgen Klopp

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15557 on: June 25, 2022, 01:06:18 am »

No takers ?

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #15558 on: June 25, 2022, 01:31:54 am »
No takers ?
Sounds like you're volunteering to give Bobinhood some, WhereAngelsPlay.  ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15559 on: June 25, 2022, 01:42:30 am »
Sounds like you're volunteering to give Bobinhood some, WhereAngelsPlay.  ;D