Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1758479 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #15480 on: June 22, 2022, 07:54:00 pm »
Please tell me I was the lone voice of reason Uncle John?

I think I might have made an Office/Des'ree joke that some mistook for criticism :P
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #15481 on: June 22, 2022, 08:10:51 pm »
A real legend with the kind of heart, desire and fighting spirit that most others could only dream of. I loved watching him maraud all down that left side, so direct and would scare the life out of defenders, especially in the early days.

Hopefully he has some great times at Bayern to cap off a remarkable career.

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15482 on: June 22, 2022, 08:15:50 pm »
I’m not particularly fussed about him leaving because all good things come to an end and I do believe that he is on a downward trajectory, but it will be strange to not see him lining up for us next season. Probably my favourite ever Liverpool player all things considered. Just stupidly good. Best of luck to him in Germany.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15483 on: June 22, 2022, 08:18:13 pm »
I think I might have made an Office/Des'ree joke that some mistook for criticism :P

Mané don’t make my world go round? :D

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #15484 on: June 22, 2022, 08:18:24 pm »
Oh, bloody hell.  I'm crying...

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15485 on: June 22, 2022, 08:19:09 pm »

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15486 on: June 22, 2022, 08:26:40 pm »
Mané don’t make my world go round? :D

I think so ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15487 on: June 22, 2022, 08:36:15 pm »
Why? Are you Senegalese?

No Nigerian
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #15488 on: June 22, 2022, 08:40:23 pm »
Remember the transfer forum? Of course you all do.
I've just had a glance through the Mane thread when he was about to sign for us in May 2016.

55 pages of 80% sceptics and doubt about Sadio :) There's some good posts but there loads of people proven absolutely wrong, hahahaha.

One of my very favourite threads on this forum that :lmao Only reason I miss the old transfer forum!

A few regulars had a nightmare, one more than most lol.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15489 on: June 22, 2022, 09:05:40 pm »
Please tell me I was the lone voice of reason Uncle John?
All we hear is...Sadio Mané (clap clap)
;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15490 on: June 22, 2022, 09:10:41 pm »
;D

Fucks sake! If you arseholes had paid attention to me, that would have caught on and Sadio would still be here. Hope you can all live with yourselves.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:19:49 pm by Crosby Nick »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15491 on: June 22, 2022, 09:19:22 pm »
One of my very favourite threads on this forum that :lmao Only reason I miss the old transfer forum!

A few regulars had a nightmare, one more than most lol.
I can't find the post now but you were in support of the signing. Loads baulked at the fee :)

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #15492 on: June 22, 2022, 09:49:29 pm »
An absolute Liverpool legend, and one of my favourite ever players.  Was explosive on the right when he joined, gets moved to the left when Salah joined the following year, and got even better.  There were a couple of seasons when he was legit top 2-3 players in the world.  I remember Messi voted for him in Balon dor.  Had a bit of a dip in form in 20/21, but reinvented himself again this season playing in the middle.  Still one of the top forwards in world football, but probably just on the other side of his peak, hence why i think the club have made this calculation.  Wish you all the best Sadio, a top human being, a brilliant footballer, YNWA.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15493 on: June 22, 2022, 10:02:42 pm »
I can't find the post now but you were in support of the signing. Loads baulked at the fee :)

30 mill is far too much for a really inconsistent player from Southampton, what are we doing! He went months without scoring! He scored all his goals in about 5 games! We’re only signing him cos he had a blinder against us!

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15494 on: June 22, 2022, 10:12:23 pm »
Wish him well on a personal level, a fantastic player, no doubt he'll be missed.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15495 on: June 22, 2022, 10:26:53 pm »
So sad to see him go…..

But nice that we’re in a position to let players go because they’ve literally won everything with us…..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15496 on: June 22, 2022, 10:35:49 pm »
Knowing Bayern they may even fix his receding hairline.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #15497 on: June 22, 2022, 10:38:44 pm »

Can't you just make the historical transfer threads view only in perpetuity for documentary reasons? :D

I'm sure there are some gems in those.
Linudden.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15498 on: June 22, 2022, 10:44:14 pm »
Knowing Bayern they may even fix his receding hairline.

God I hope not otherwise Mo will definitely join him.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15499 on: June 22, 2022, 11:08:20 pm »
I’m glad people are using the word ‘legend’ in relation to Sadio Mané. It’s generally reserved for a relatively select few. Sometimes it’s used and others might put up an argument against it. In this man’s case, I doubt there’s anyone who could deny his legendary status, which lasts forever of course. Thank you Sadio, you’ll be missed but not forgotten.

Goback through the thread, there were a couple of entitled cry arses arguing against him  being a legend

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15500 on: June 22, 2022, 11:08:40 pm »
Transfer threads can be quite skeptical but I do think that when someone actually officially arrives then mostly everyone tries to get on board which is what matters

Thanks Mane! I'm still not sure if I want you to do well though. A bad part of me loves it when players find out how good they really had it here. I'm pretty sure you were appreciative of that though. And you'll definitely be considered a hero whenever you return.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 11:10:40 pm by B0151? »

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #15501 on: June 22, 2022, 11:25:43 pm »
Hopefully Bayern can dump City, PSG and Real out of next years CL and then Mo can have his revenge over Sadio in the final (in his last game)
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15502 on: June 22, 2022, 11:36:59 pm »
Remember the transfer forum? Of course you all do.
I've just had a glance through the Mane thread when he was about to sign for us in May 2016.

55 pages of 80% sceptics and doubt about Sadio :) There's some good posts but there loads of people proven absolutely wrong, hahahaha.
I laughed my tits off the year before when the mancs nearly signed him. Can’t remember what I thought when we were about to do it.

Offline Songs to Sing

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Hold your head up high He made the people happy
« Reply #15503 on: June 22, 2022, 11:46:51 pm »
Feels like the end of an era. That front three… so many memories. They tore up the league and beyond for so many years. Sad it is over but glad we got to witness it reds.
-Rafael Benitez 03/06/2010: "Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone." No, thank you, you wondeful, humble, gracious man. You fought for us for years and won't be forgotten.-
The 5th Benitle

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #15504 on: June 22, 2022, 11:49:59 pm »
The first of Klopp’s revolutionaries to come to Liverpool and the first to leave. Seems apt and inaugurates a new era. Will miss him dearly.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #15505 on: June 23, 2022, 01:10:14 am »
Going to be awful when he has a bad game in Germany and the media all decide he hates Thomas Muller and he's mad that the giant T mobile logo aren't singing his name.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15506 on: June 23, 2022, 01:14:48 am »
Been a long long long time since i've been this gutted about a player leaving

Mane is a modern day Liverpool legend. The start of his Liverpool career was just so electric and the goal then celebration just feels like such a huge moment even though it wasn't the usual defining moment people remember. Him coming in really set the ball rolling on some incredible times with Klopp managing us and that goal was outrageous, to this day I still love the image of him leaping onto Klopps back after scoring.

He had his critics due to a slightly less aesthetically pleasing style of play, not the most flawless of first touches, had a knack of scoring while falling :lmao but fucking hell was he an elite forward and that front 3 had the whole world of football talking. At this club if you are in the conversation for best winger with John Barnes then you've made a huge impact.

A lot has been said about him recently but personally i'll only have fond memories of Mane. There are very very few footballers I can think of, especially in recent years who have been so effective in moving positions and reinventing themselves and I dont think that gets nearly enough attention when it comes to Mane, that and the fact the guy just doesn't know when he's beaten, if any player summed up the never say die attitude of this club in the Klopp era it's Mane. We've seen countless stories of the guy doing the things people just dont associate with footballers, smashed phone, cleaning toilets, spending vast amounts on helping those from his home country and reading some of the finer details of those actions recently just left me thinking 'typical Mane'.

I wish him the best of luck at Bayern, I hope he wins a lot there and is really loved at the club, everyone approaches and processes thing different but I dont get the constant groans when a player fights tooth and nail for the club from day one and eventually decides to take on a new challenge. No faking injuries, no running down his contract, no using his agent to badmouth the club, just hard work and a departure followed by respectful words and appreciation of the fans and the club, calling himself a 'small part' again sums up the man.

Good post. Will always have love for Sadio. He was just fucking great. Skilful warrior
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15507 on: June 23, 2022, 01:33:02 am »
Been a long long long time since i've been this gutted about a player leaving

Mane is a modern day Liverpool legend. The start of his Liverpool career was just so electric and the goal then celebration just feels like such a huge moment even though it wasn't the usual defining moment people remember. Him coming in really set the ball rolling on some incredible times with Klopp managing us and that goal was outrageous, to this day I still love the image of him leaping onto Klopps back after scoring.

He had his critics due to a slightly less aesthetically pleasing style of play, not the most flawless of first touches, had a knack of scoring while falling :lmao but fucking hell was he an elite forward and that front 3 had the whole world of football talking. At this club if you are in the conversation for best winger with John Barnes then you've made a huge impact.

A lot has been said about him recently but personally i'll only have fond memories of Mane. There are very very few footballers I can think of, especially in recent years who have been so effective in moving positions and reinventing themselves and I dont think that gets nearly enough attention when it comes to Mane, that and the fact the guy just doesn't know when he's beaten, if any player summed up the never say die attitude of this club in the Klopp era it's Mane. We've seen countless stories of the guy doing the things people just dont associate with footballers, smashed phone, cleaning toilets, spending vast amounts on helping those from his home country and reading some of the finer details of those actions recently just left me thinking 'typical Mane'.

I wish him the best of luck at Bayern, I hope he wins a lot there and is really loved at the club, everyone approaches and processes thing different but I dont get the constant groans when a player fights tooth and nail for the club from day one and eventually decides to take on a new challenge. No faking injuries, no running down his contract, no using his agent to badmouth the club, just hard work and a departure followed by respectful words and appreciation of the fans and the club, calling himself a 'small part' again sums up the man.
Well said, mate.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #15508 on: June 23, 2022, 06:13:18 am »
Best of luck Mane , gutted your leaving .

Hope they keep  giving  you the admiration you deserve.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #15509 on: June 23, 2022, 07:07:59 am »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=595359985279195&id=100044155958197

Jürgen Klopp on the exit of Sadio Mané to Bayern Munich.

"It’s a big moment. There is no point in anyone trying to pretend otherwise. One of Liverpool’s greatest ever players is leaving and we must acknowledge how significant this is.

“He leaves with our gratitude and our love. He leaves with his status among the greats guaranteed. And, yes, he leaves in a moment where he is one of the best players in world football.

“But we must not dwell on what we now lose, instead celebrate what we were privileged to have.

“The goals he scored, the trophies he won; a legend, for sure, but also a modern-day Liverpool icon.

“Since he first stepped through the door, he made us better. If someone had told us in that moment what he would go on to contribute and achieve for this club, I’m not sure it would have been possible to comprehend in that moment. Not the scale of it at least. Sadio made it all possible.

“To be that good for such a sustained period and continuously improve season on season – no matter how high he set his own bar in the previous one – is an example to any player anywhere on the planet that professionalism and dedication leads to reward.

“I respect completely his decision and I‘m sure our supporters do also. If you love LFC, you have to love Sadio – non-negotiable. It is possible to do this while accepting our loss is Bayern’s gain.

“We wish him nothing but success in every match he plays in, unless, of course, it's against us. His star will continue to rise, I have no doubts.

“I remember last season I was asked, in an interview or Q&A from memory, to describe Sadio in three words. I said at the time it’s not possible to do this.

“If I was to try I’d need to be allowed multiple attempts – because there are so many ways you can describe him using three words.

“World-class player!

“True club legend!

“Ideal role model!

“The perfect teammate!

“Compassionate, caring person!

“But the three words that feel the most appropriate today are also the hardest to say. ‘Will miss you!’”

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #15510 on: June 23, 2022, 08:03:15 am »
Long as he comes back for the Legends game against Man U

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #15511 on: June 23, 2022, 09:25:48 am »
Hope he makes some new friends at Bayern, who else will provide him with such goal celebrations?

:wave :(

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #15512 on: June 23, 2022, 10:20:03 am »
https://www.transfermarkt.de/salihamidzic-uber-mane-transfer-bdquo-sogenannte-sbquo-spartak-moskau-klausel-lsquo-wurde-akzeptiert-ldquo-/view/news/406470

Salihamidzic on Mané transfer and Spartak Moscow: "With our entry offer, there were bonus models that were initially ridiculed. Let's put it this way: the now so-called 'Spartak Moscow clause' was accepted by Liverpool - so it couldn't have been that outlandish."

Even before the official presentation of Sadio Mané (30) at FC Bayern, sports director Hasan Salihamidzic spoke about his top new signing in the "Sport Bild" and provided insights into the negotiations with the attacker and FC Liverpool. According to reports, the Senegalese costs 32 million euros plus possible bonuses of 6 million and 3 million euros.

The path to Mané led via contract negotiations with Björn Bezemer and Daniel Delonga from the consulting agency "ROOF", who represent Serge Gnabry (26) - Bayern's technical director Marco Neppe was also present. "In the conversation I thought to myself: 'Oops, something is possible!' When I walked Björn to the door, I asked him how big the chance of Mané really was. When I heard that Mané had turned down all of Liverpool's extension attempts, I was immediately on fire. Two days later, Julian Nagelsmann, Marco and I were on the plane to Liverpool."

In Liverpool, Mané was visited and convinced of the FC Bayern project - a fact that was to become important in the transfer poker. Salihamidzic had "assured him that I would go through the wall with my head to get him". Neppe showed Mané a presentation "that showed a mix of tactical things, but also the identity of FC Bayern, so that Sadio already gets a feeling for our fans, our city, and our club. Sadio asked a lot of questions, everything interested him. I already believe that this emotional overall package impressed him," said Salihamidzic.

Talks followed with the Reds, who were only willing to negotiate because "Sadio and his advisor have always behaved very fairly towards the club in their six years at Liverpool FC", according to Bayern's sporting director. The transfer poker over the player, who has one year left on his contract, got off to a rough start and The Times reported clauses that would only be fulfilled if Mané became a world player and Bayern won the Champions League three times - Salihamidzic says: "In our entry offer there were bonus models that were initially ridiculed by one side or the other." Spartak Moscow, among others, made fun of the hard-to-fulfil conditions on social media.

Salihamidzic reveals, "Let's put it this way: the now so-called 'Spartak Moscow clause' was accepted by Liverpool - so it couldn't be that absurd." Robert Lewandowski (33) proved that it is possible to become a world footballer with the Munich team and the last victory in the "royal class" was not too long ago, in 2020. So it will be in Bayern's interest that Mané ends up costing up to 41 million euros - either way, the Senegalese is the most expensive over-30 transfer in the club's history.

Mané spoke to the "Bild" newspaper after his medical checks on Tuesday: "When my advisor first told me about Bayern Munich's interest, I was immediately on fire. I saw myself there straight away. For me, it was the right club at the right time. It's one of the biggest clubs in the world and the team is always fighting for all the titles. For me, that's why it was a very good idea and the right decision to come here." The official announcement of the deal is set for Wednesday, when Mané will sign his contract, which runs until 2025 and is expected to pay him €20m per season.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15514 on: June 23, 2022, 11:07:16 am »
Salihamidzic needs to stop talking. Always so unseemly how Bayern conduct transfers publicly then yap about them after, simply to show off. 

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15515 on: June 23, 2022, 11:10:30 am »
He was a mouthy bastard as a player. Seem to recall him saying Barca or Real were shitting themselves after they played Bayern one time.

Offline TAA66

• Kopite
  • Nobody grows up wanting to be a Gary Neville
« Reply #15516 on: June 23, 2022, 11:53:18 am »
https://www.transfermarkt.de/salihamidzic-uber-mane-transfer-bdquo-sogenannte-sbquo-spartak-moskau-klausel-lsquo-wurde-akzeptiert-ldquo-/view/news/406470

Salihamidzic on Mané transfer and Spartak Moscow: "With our entry offer, there were bonus models that were initially ridiculed. Let's put it this way: the now so-called 'Spartak Moscow clause' was accepted by Liverpool - so it couldn't have been that outlandish."

So the Bayern manager has admitted to tapping him up

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15517 on: June 23, 2022, 12:04:45 pm »
They must've been seething at that Photoshop from Spartak.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #15518 on: June 23, 2022, 12:07:10 pm »
I can't tell which Salihamidzic quotes are real and which ones are made up by Yorky now, they're all pretty much the same level of stupidity
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15519 on: June 23, 2022, 12:24:12 pm »
I can't tell which Salihamidzic quotes are real and which ones are made up by Yorky now, they're all pretty much the same level of stupidity

This is the real thing. Nothing to do with me.

Neppe showed Mané a presentation "that showed a mix of tactical things, but also the identity of FC Bayern, so that Sadio already gets a feeling for our fans, our city, and our club. Sadio asked a lot of questions, especially about our fans. He wanted to know why so many of them didn't bother watching the game and preferred to play with their flags instead. He also wanted assurance that the way they all followed instructions from men in black with megaphones wasn't a sign of something from the German past which we couldn't quite eradicate. We put his mind at rest by telling him to shut up and get a move on. I already believe that this emotional overall package impressed him," said Salihamidzic.

Talks followed with the Reds, who were only willing to negotiate because "Sadio and his advisor have always behaved very fairly towards the club in their six years at Liverpool FC", according to Bayern's sporting director. The transfer poker over the player, who has one year left on his contract, got off to a rough start and The Times reported clauses that would only be fulfilled if Mané became a darts player and Bayern won the Champions League three times and played in the Ashes - Salihamidzic says: "In our entry offer there were bonus models that were initially ridiculed by one side or the other." Spartak Moscow, among others, made fun of the hard-to-fulfil conditions on social media.

Salihamidzic reveals, "Let's put it this way: we only asked that FC Bayern competed in the Ashes. We said nothing about actually winning them."

Mané spoke to the "Bild" newspaper after his medical checks on Tuesday: "When my advisor first told me about Bayern Munich's interest, I was immediately on fire. Fortunately the suits from Bayern had a bucket of water handy."