Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1758454 times)

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #15440 on: June 22, 2022, 03:21:26 pm »
Legend Sadio. Will be badly missed. Long will we talk about ‘that front 3’ in years to come.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15441 on: June 22, 2022, 03:24:09 pm »

Don't think this is him. He doesn't have social media.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15442 on: June 22, 2022, 03:25:33 pm »
It's official, off his Instagram.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #15443 on: June 22, 2022, 03:41:27 pm »
Anyone got that GIF of Sadio cartoon style running fast, it's just his face side on sort of thing. Such a good gif of him.

Farewell, Sadio! 100% legend in my books!

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15444 on: June 22, 2022, 03:45:07 pm »
Even if could all have this emotional detachment towards players that were crucial to our success in recent years, like you do, you're saying fans shouldn't be bothered about losing proven world-class forwards, for little to no money? Players of the quality of Mane and Salah don't grow on trees, you know.

I don't have an emotional detachment to our players, but I have a real life understanding that they are footballers who will come, play, and then leave. Its always been the case.

I love them when they're here playing for us, but when they (or the club) decide its time to move on then so be it. Thanks for the great times you've given us, good luck in the future, hope you do well, no hard feelings at all. Cant wait until your replacement arrives.

Its not a big deal that Sadio wants to move on. Whether its for money, or a change of scenery, or whatever. Hes entitled to do it. I just appreciate the good times he gave us... and probably wont think about him again unless discussing days gone by.

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #15445 on: June 22, 2022, 03:46:00 pm »
I hope they make him a song soon, otherwise i'm sure there will be another poll on social media on where he should move next.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15446 on: June 22, 2022, 03:48:22 pm »
I hope they make him a song soon, otherwise i'm sure there will be another poll on social media on where he should move next.

Yup. Them Nigerians can be an impatient lot.  :)
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #15447 on: June 22, 2022, 03:53:34 pm »
Booked in as a legend already, thank you

Time waits for no mane

Diaz  Nunez  Salah (and Jota)

aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15448 on: June 22, 2022, 03:57:19 pm »
Probably the saddest I've been about a transfer since Gerrard left.

Phenomenal player, incredibly improviser, and showed in the second half of the season just how much he still has to offer. Pre-pandemic, I expect we'd be after at least double that. From our point of view, we must have had something in-mind for when he leaves and I hope Nunez & Diaz can be the perfect replacements.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15449 on: June 22, 2022, 04:00:57 pm »

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15450 on: June 22, 2022, 04:08:48 pm »
Always a horrible day when a legend leaves. All the best Sadio.

As usual, Jurgen nails it with his comments about Mane leaving and what he's done for us the past 6 years.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #15451 on: June 22, 2022, 04:31:48 pm »
I’m glad people are using the word ‘legend’ in relation to Sadio Mané. It’s generally reserved for a relatively select few. Sometimes it’s used and others might put up an argument against it. In this man’s case, I doubt there’s anyone who could deny his legendary status, which lasts forever of course. Thank you Sadio, you’ll be missed but not forgotten.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #15452 on: June 22, 2022, 04:37:47 pm »
Was asked this by a Utd fan(!) the other day... where does Mane rank in importance in the Klopp team of the past 5 years?  Is he more crucial to the team than Salah, Virgil, Fabinho, Trent, Alisson, Firmino, etc?

The way I looked at it was that he was the catalyst for the way Klopp wanted to move us forward, but not necessarily the single most important component once everything and everyone came together.  I'm not sure there really is one, other than the manager himself.

But Sadio was the blueprint for a Liverpool attacker under Klopp, he set the standard.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15453 on: June 22, 2022, 04:42:52 pm »
I decided to wait until it was official, while I feel its the right time for both parties I will miss the guy. He was the first piece of the puzzle and he has represented us superbly well and I have loved watching him play with all the gorgeous skills he has. He leaves a legend as do all those players who won us that title, all the best Sadio and hopefully one day he will come back to the club and we can give him a proper send off.  :wave
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15454 on: June 22, 2022, 04:52:55 pm »
It's a shame his last two appearances were the disappointment of the final day, and then Paris. He's one of the players I'd hoped would get a good send-off. Hopefully Bobby gets a fitting farewell when he likely leaves at the end of this season.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15455 on: June 22, 2022, 05:08:45 pm »
Time to move the thread no?

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #15456 on: June 22, 2022, 05:11:14 pm »
Better get used to these tough goodbyes I guess.
This is going to be a doddle compared to Virgil. Or Alisson.

OR KLOPP.

Offline kasperoff

• Legacy Fan
  • What happened to Sabu?
« Reply #15457 on: June 22, 2022, 05:28:49 pm »
Big game player and one that will be missed. But the time is right. Good luck Sadio. Thanks for everything.
I think the same, can't stand him, but if you could have a Ł1million pound cheque or steve bruces head hollowed out and filled with pound coins which would you have?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #15458 on: June 22, 2022, 05:49:47 pm »

You meanie.  ;)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15459 on: June 22, 2022, 05:51:49 pm »
Bye Sadio. Thanks for the memories

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #15460 on: June 22, 2022, 05:55:06 pm »
Goodbye Senegal's rose..... we'll always have Villa Park
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15461 on: June 22, 2022, 06:22:03 pm »
He's in a different league, doesn't really impact us. He's been a proper legend for us so it'd be nice if he carried on doing well elsewhere, but really wouldn't lose any sleep if he does flop either.
that's pretty much how I feel. I love them when they are with us, indifference when they go. It doesn't mean I won't look back in fondness in a few years time once he has retired but in the grand scheme of things he's an ex-player now and I won't take much notice of his career unless their game affects us
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15462 on: June 22, 2022, 06:22:54 pm »

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #15463 on: June 22, 2022, 06:28:26 pm »

This must be fake Samie, clearly Mo and Sadio don’t like each other, everyone knows that
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15464 on: June 22, 2022, 06:36:12 pm »
No wonder I had 100 Wakandans abuse me on social media.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15465 on: June 22, 2022, 06:40:17 pm »
Wait until Senegal hear what Mane said to Mohammed Salah.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15466 on: June 22, 2022, 06:44:00 pm »
This must be fake Samie, clearly Mo and Sadio don’t like each other, everyone knows that

Weird how that Mane's annoyance at Salah for not passing to him at Turf Moor snowballed into it being accepted that they absolutely loath each other, almost comical.

Firmino's reaction was worth it though.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15467 on: June 22, 2022, 06:45:38 pm »
Thanks everything Sadio.

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
« Reply #15468 on: June 22, 2022, 06:47:53 pm »
Good luck Sadio, what a player he was for us

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15469 on: June 22, 2022, 06:52:51 pm »
What an absolute monster this lad was for us. Will rightly go down as a modern day great.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #15470 on: June 22, 2022, 07:03:23 pm »
Oooh edited though, what did he say first?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15471 on: June 22, 2022, 07:07:54 pm »
He was very frustrating at times but he’ll still be missed.

Feels like the end of an era and the start of a new one with him being Klopps first big signing.

Have no doubts that if Lewa goes, he’ll be up there as one of the top scorers (if not THE) top scorer next season.

All the best Sadio.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #15472 on: June 22, 2022, 07:11:59 pm »
Weird how that Mane's annoyance at Salah for not passing to him at Turf Moor snowballed into it being accepted that they absolutely loath each other, almost comical.

Haha I feel there may be a gif out there somewhere
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15473 on: June 22, 2022, 07:13:47 pm »

Why? Are you Senegalese?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15474 on: June 22, 2022, 07:16:37 pm »
Why? Are you Senegalese?

Never met an online survey I didn't like.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15475 on: June 22, 2022, 07:28:43 pm »
Been a long long long time since i've been this gutted about a player leaving

Mane is a modern day Liverpool legend. The start of his Liverpool career was just so electric and the goal then celebration just feels like such a huge moment even though it wasn't the usual defining moment people remember. Him coming in really set the ball rolling on some incredible times with Klopp managing us and that goal was outrageous, to this day I still love the image of him leaping onto Klopps back after scoring.

He had his critics due to a slightly less aesthetically pleasing style of play, not the most flawless of first touches, had a knack of scoring while falling :lmao but fucking hell was he an elite forward and that front 3 had the whole world of football talking. At this club if you are in the conversation for best winger with John Barnes then you've made a huge impact.

A lot has been said about him recently but personally i'll only have fond memories of Mane. There are very very few footballers I can think of, especially in recent years who have been so effective in moving positions and reinventing themselves and I dont think that gets nearly enough attention when it comes to Mane, that and the fact the guy just doesn't know when he's beaten, if any player summed up the never say die attitude of this club in the Klopp era it's Mane. We've seen countless stories of the guy doing the things people just dont associate with footballers, smashed phone, cleaning toilets, spending vast amounts on helping those from his home country and reading some of the finer details of those actions recently just left me thinking 'typical Mane'.

I wish him the best of luck at Bayern, I hope he wins a lot there and is really loved at the club, everyone approaches and processes thing different but I dont get the constant groans when a player fights tooth and nail for the club from day one and eventually decides to take on a new challenge. No faking injuries, no running down his contract, no using his agent to badmouth the club, just hard work and a departure followed by respectful words and appreciation of the fans and the club, calling himself a 'small part' again sums up the man.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15476 on: June 22, 2022, 07:37:58 pm »

Firmino's reaction to pretty much anything is worth it in some manner...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15477 on: June 22, 2022, 07:45:12 pm »
Remember the transfer forum? Of course you all do.
I've just had a glance through the Mane thread when he was about to sign for us in May 2016.

55 pages of 80% sceptics and doubt about Sadio :) There's some good posts but there loads of people proven absolutely wrong, hahahaha.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15478 on: June 22, 2022, 07:47:31 pm »
I've just had a glance through the Mane thread when he was about to sign for us in May 2016.

55 pages of 80% sceptics and doubt about Sadio :) There's some good posts but there loads of people proven absolutely wrong, hahahaha.

;D

I was one of them John. Sadio definitely shoved it down people's throats.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15479 on: June 22, 2022, 07:48:27 pm »

Please tell me I was the lone voice of reason Uncle John?