Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1753927 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #15360 on: June 21, 2022, 04:25:25 pm »
Let him have one last Anfield goal.

As a 90th minute consolation when we're already 4-0 up.

In his own net.

That's it, respect, thanks, an ovation, and a good hiding...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15361 on: June 21, 2022, 04:39:20 pm »
I’d put money on Mane being the top scorer next season, especially if Lewa does go.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #15362 on: June 21, 2022, 05:11:25 pm »
I’d put money on Mane being the top scorer next season, especially if Lewa does go.
Imagine the number of shots he'd have to take with his conversion rate... Astronomical!  ;D
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15363 on: June 21, 2022, 05:17:38 pm »
Gutted to hear the news about him to be honest.

However Klopp needs to start building his next team, which I think has been obvious for at least twelve months given the age of some of the players.

I can't help but think about us playing in three finals, two with extra time and not scoring a single goal. I'm hoping that we can sign someone that can provide that bit of 'extra' clinical finishing in these big games against the top teams.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15364 on: June 21, 2022, 05:19:59 pm »
I'm hoping that we can sign someone that can provide that bit of 'extra' clinical finishing in these big games against the top teams.

I mean we're not going to sign another forward unless Salah goes, so the hope is that Nunez, and a more settled Diaz, and a back in form Salah, are those players. Not forgetting Jota too who can always pop up with an important goal.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #15365 on: June 21, 2022, 07:06:31 pm »
I hope we draw Bayern in the CL at some point next season, I'd love to hear Mane's reception.
Brilliant footballer and even better person, love him to bits.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15366 on: June 21, 2022, 07:08:32 pm »
I hope we draw Bayern in the CL at some point next season, I'd love to hear Mane's reception.

I would too, but mostly so we can knock them out.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15367 on: June 21, 2022, 07:39:59 pm »

I'd hope he'd get a proper reception like we used to give and then twat the fuck out of them "Mane Mane whats the score?, Mane whats the score?"
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15368 on: June 21, 2022, 10:12:47 pm »
I'd hope he'd get a proper reception like we used to give and then twat the fuck out of them "Mane Mane whats the score?, Mane whats the score?"

The Suarez return with Barcelona was wonderful, probably doesn't get any better than that. Was Coutinho also involved that night as I can't remember as he'd become irrelevant by then.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15369 on: June 21, 2022, 10:14:12 pm »
The Suarez return with Barcelona was wonderful, probably doesn't get any better than that. Was Coutinho also involved that night as I can't remember as he'd become irrelevant by then.

Yeah, Coutinho played that night, think he started for them
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15370 on: June 21, 2022, 10:14:32 pm »

Keegan with Hamburg is unlikely to ever be beaten.

"You should have stayed at Anfield" bellowed the Kop.

And I loved Kevin.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15371 on: June 21, 2022, 10:25:25 pm »
I'm genuinely not too bothered about losing players these days (i just worry about them being replaced) but not going to lie seeing Mane in another shirt is weird and going to take a while to process.  An absolute legend that typified everything about Klopps football.  He brought so much to this team in every game so it's going to be interesting to see how the team evolves without him.  Anyway good luck to him. 

Online blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15372 on: June 21, 2022, 10:52:31 pm »
Not sure why everyones got worked up over him going. Great player for us, but has decided hed like to fuck off. See ya. Good luck an all that, but no big deal.

Not that arsed about whether Salah stays or goes either to be honest.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #15373 on: June 21, 2022, 11:23:38 pm »
Not sure why everyones got worked up over him going. Great player for us, but has decided hed like to fuck off. See ya. Good luck an all that, but no big deal.

Not that arsed about whether Salah stays or goes either to be honest.
Even if could all have this emotional detachment towards players that were crucial to our success in recent years, like you do, you're saying fans shouldn't be bothered about losing proven world-class forwards, for little to no money? Players of the quality of Mane and Salah don't grow on trees, you know.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15374 on: June 21, 2022, 11:36:59 pm »
Even if could all have this emotional detachment towards players that were crucial to our success in recent years, like you do, you're saying fans shouldn't be bothered about losing proven world-class forwards, for little to no money? Players of the quality of Mane and Salah don't grow on trees, you know.

But they do age.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #15375 on: June 22, 2022, 12:43:04 am »

But they do age.
Of course they do, that's not the point, though. People are obviously going to be upset by the loss of one of our best players in recent years, who's also won a shit ton of titles, and is still playing at a very high level, even if he's not exactly at his prime anymore. It's a natural and understandable reaction, especially when you lose him for a fraction of his actual worth.

I don't think taking players of the level of Salah and Mané for granted, is a smart way to go about things though. It will not be easy to replace their impact on a football field, when or if they go, no matter how much false bravado one spouts. I have all the faith in the world in Klopp and the stuff to do so, but there are things that are obviously out of their control.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #15376 on: June 22, 2022, 02:08:47 am »
Fuck
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #15377 on: June 22, 2022, 02:14:46 am »
Of course they do, that's not the point, though. People are obviously going to be upset by the loss of one of our best players in recent years, who's also won a shit ton of titles, and is still playing at a very high level, even if he's not exactly at his prime anymore. It's a natural and understandable reaction, especially when you lose him for a fraction of his actual worth.

I don't think taking players of the level of Salah and Mané for granted, is a smart way to go about things though. It will not be easy to replace their impact on a football field, when or if they go, no matter how much false bravado one spouts. I have all the faith in the world in Klopp and the stuff to do so, but there are things that are obviously out of their control.
I agree with most of these sentiments. But perhaps Salah and Mane would have never became the players they are now had it not been for Klopp and all the coaches. Perhaps them going elsewhere will not be as big a success as people think. Players are not Lego building blocks; you get the double red here and put it there and you have a new shape. In fact, the recent Liverpool transfer history confirms that. The days when Suarez, Xabi left and had big success elsewhere seem gone now. And finally, perhaps our analytical team has seen a trend in a player that will only get worse with time and won't help us win more titles. I don't know, it's a complex issue with many variables. Nowadays, I just trust the club to make the right decision, and I'm at peace with Mane leaving and wish him good luck. And I will do the same to Salah next season when he leaves.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15378 on: June 22, 2022, 09:47:34 am »
https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1539511064466948096?s=20&t=cWU7vtOQ5xrthR8kD1E-vA

Goddamn it, Neil's tweet thread has got me all sad this morning.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15379 on: June 22, 2022, 09:48:15 am »
Never really bothered me when a player leaves, Mane is no exception. However, a nod to the club and a quick mention of the good times may have led to his departure ending on a higher note, as it stands it all seemingly went a bit sour very quickly. This behaviour seems to be happening more often with our ex players,  or am I just seeing things?! I guess eventually the full and true story will emerge.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:49:58 am by has gone odd »
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #15380 on: June 22, 2022, 09:57:54 am »
Been fantastic but life goes on.

I think he is a wonderful player, and person given all he does in his homeland. I shook hands briefly with him once and he was one of those people you could tell was a nice guy just by shaking his hand.

At this club we always move on when people leave, there are examples of great players leaving and we didnt really pull up many trees in the years after (Torres, Mascherano and Suarez). That was probably because we werent at a great level then, ok with Suarez we had just finished 2nd but it felt like we punched well above our weight that year.

Alonso was perhaps the best example of a signing leaving and the team going pear shaped but again the clubs instability at the time was the main reason we struggled after he left.

Mane is a huge loss but for all the examples of above there have been others who left and it didnt take us long to get over it, players who had been hugely successful and were club legends and we got over it and still marched on.

Keegan in 77, big loss but in comes Dalglish and we retained the european cup and continued to be a dominant force in England and Europe

Souness in 84, season after wasnt great but then two years later we won the double.

Rush in 87, ok he was only gone a year but I am sure when you sell him you think the good times are over but the following year was one of the greatest, most entertaining sides we ever had.

McManaman in 99 left for free, ok we had been poor for years but losing a player of his calibre for free is not a good thing. 2 years later we won the treble

Michael Owen in 2004, our highest scorer every season for 6 years, leaves and we win the champions league

Coutinho in 2018, leaves, we end up in 3 of the next 5 cl finals winning one as well as the league and every other major competition

Wijnaldum who won a lot of honours with the club leaves in 2021 and a year later we win trophies and almost win the quadruple.

Life will and the club will go on
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15381 on: June 22, 2022, 10:04:29 am »
See you  :wave

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15382 on: June 22, 2022, 10:46:00 am »
Feeling more annoyed than I should be that he's being pictured in Bayern t-shirts before the transfer has been confirmed.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #15383 on: June 22, 2022, 10:52:21 am »
Has already filmed a leaving interview with LFC TV

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15384 on: June 22, 2022, 11:50:31 am »
Bayern Sporting Director, Hassan Salihamidžić:

"When I heard that Mané rejected all Liverpool's attempts to extend his contract, I was immediately interested. Two days later, Julian Nagelsmann, Marco and I were on a plane to Liverpool"

“Sadio received us at his home. He was relaxed in shorts and holding a mango. He smiled and welcomed us with ‘Servus’.”

"Then the coach explained to him our sporting concept. Sadio noticed quickly why he would be a perfect player for FC Bayern and that his way of playing football fits us like a glove. In the end we showed him a presentation.”

"Our visit lasted around 4 hours. I told him that every person in charge at Bayern is convinced he would fit our team at 100%. Sadio brings not only footballing qualities and goal threat, but also this hunger that has always characterized FC Bayern.”

[@SPORTBILD]

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #15385 on: June 22, 2022, 12:04:48 pm »
Does hurt more than it should seeing him in another shirt, but I hope people don't carry on as if he's put it out there himself. Someone will have leaked it or lashed it on twitter or something. He'll probably have just done a medical/interview or something. Nothing to be annoyed about.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #15386 on: June 22, 2022, 12:13:30 pm »
Bayern Sporting Director, Hassan Salihamidžić:

"When I heard that Mané rejected all Liverpool's attempts to extend his contract, I was immediately interested. Two days later, Julian Nagelsmann, Marco and I were on a canoe to Liverpool"

“Sadio received us at his caravan. He was relaxed in shorts and holding a dildo. He smiled and welcomed us with ‘Servus’. He got out a string instrument of African origin and played some music for us from the high prairie. The wistful sound seemed to us to be saying 'Come to Munich, All we be Well'. We in turn unpacked our cellos and played Bach's Suite no 4 for Sadio. You could feel the love in the room."

"Then the coach explained to him our sporting concept. Sadio noticed quickly why he would be a perfect player for FC Bayern and that his way of playing football fits us like a glove. In the end we showed him a presentation. A full scale model of the Golden Temple of Amritsar. Sadio gently explained that he was a Muslim not a Sikh, but accepted our apologies with magnanimity and grace”

"Our visit lasted around 4 weeks - much of it playing Wordle together. I told him that every person in charge at Bayern is convinced he would fit our team at 100%. Sadio brings not only footballing qualities and goal threat, but also this hunger that has always characterized FC Bayern.”

[@SPORTBILD]

What is this shit?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15387 on: June 22, 2022, 12:18:42 pm »
Official now. Goodbye

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #15388 on: June 22, 2022, 12:21:59 pm »
Good luck Sadio, absolute legend and thanks for everything  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15389 on: June 22, 2022, 12:22:59 pm »
 :'( :'( :'(

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15390 on: June 22, 2022, 12:23:58 pm »
Adios Aném.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #15391 on: June 22, 2022, 12:25:47 pm »
Thanks for the memories Sadio

Offline Studgotelli

• they have zero understanding of what I’m actually talking about. Got a GCSE in Economics and thinks he knows everything.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15392 on: June 22, 2022, 12:26:17 pm »
All the best Sadio “Main” it’s been a pleasure the last 6 years

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #15393 on: June 22, 2022, 12:26:55 pm »
Thanks for everything, Sadio.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15394 on: June 22, 2022, 12:29:07 pm »
I share none of the animosity directed towards him. He gave us his best years, and clearly felt it was a natural time to move on. He had a great few months after January, but the signs of decline have been there over the last couple of seasons. It's time for us to evolve too. Thank you Sadio. A true great, and one of our best ever. He's given us some incredible memories, and will be remembered as the first signing that kicked off the Klopp era.

Pissed with the fee though, Ł27m potentially rising to Ł35m is very underwhelming.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #15395 on: June 22, 2022, 12:30:07 pm »
@LFC
269 games 🏟️
120 goals ⚽
38 assists 🅰️

Thank you, Sadio ❤

I guess people can stop getting offended by him wearing a shirt to a medical when the clubs had already agreed the transfer.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15396 on: June 22, 2022, 12:30:12 pm »
One of our greatest.

Also a great time to sell as he’s notably physically declined. Bayern aren’t getting him at his best. Thanks for everything Sadio.

Offline G1-tiga

• Kopite
« Reply #15397 on: June 22, 2022, 12:32:35 pm »
A legend.

That's all that needs to be said, I wish him all the best.

Thank you Sadio Mane.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15398 on: June 22, 2022, 12:39:36 pm »
People really do throw around legend too easily these days, but the description is a fitting one for Sadio. What a player and person, good luck to him.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15399 on: June 22, 2022, 12:40:26 pm »
I feel like I did when a girlfriend binned me off back in 1990. However life goes on, and you get over these things.