The Liverpool FC Forum > Hillsborough Memorial Board

A Tribute to the King - Kenny Dalglish

<< < (3/5) > >>

norecat:
Thank you Saoirse for your kind words and well done on a smashing post. Yes Kenny Dalglish is a remarkable man. He was just the right person the club needed at its darkest hour. And from its darkest hour rose its greatest hero on and more importantly off the pitch, one Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish. Now that those who died at Hillsborough have been completely exonerated (its a disgrace to even have to write those words) maybe the way is clear now for Kenny to be knighted. It was remiss of me not to acknowledge the wonderful help his wife Marina was to him and the club at such a tragic time. As I failed to point out, Kenny too was a victim of Hillsborough. He had to have paid an awful price emotionally for what he witnessed at the ground and after in terms of funerals and hospital visits. He did the right thing stepping down in 1991 if his health was at risk. He owed nothing to Liverpool and it owed him everything it could possible ever offer. As we know he came to the club's rescue at short notice after Hodgson's tenure was rightly ended. Again he brought us glory in winning the league cup. A winner on the pitch, off the pitch and most importantly as a human being. He has always carried himself with the highest dignity and integrity. He is the greatest living embodiment of the values and virtues  of a club that you could possibly have.

For a man of his stature in the game Kenny is remarkably humble. I hope he can accept us mere mortals viewing him as a hero for that he is. Whether he gets a knighthood or not he will always be King of Liverpool Football Club.

MichaelA:
I don't think the knighthood stuff is relevant, and I'm not sure a gong from the Establishment is worth much in the eyes of many Reds, possibly for the King himself. It's entirely plausible that he's already turned one down. He's King Kenny, and has been for nearly forty years.

elbow:
Another beautiful post in amongst so many this week. He will always be our King.

saoirse08:
Thanks everyone. And special thanks to Rhi for giving my reply to @norecat's excellent points a separate thread.

Kenny should be honoured every time we visit Anfield. Something permanent should be there to signify the gratitude we fans feel towards him. Think @MichaelA is right, he needs a statue or a stand named in his honour. Something he may personally feel uncomfortable with, no doubt. Like others, I don't really care if the state gives him official recognition or not. It's necessary this club do something lasting at Anfield in his honour, though. 

For now: clap, clap - clap, clap, clap - clap, clap, clap, clap - Dalglish!

Alf Garnett!:

--- Quote from: MichaelA on April 28, 2016, 01:27:18 pm ---I don't think the knighthood stuff is relevant, and I'm not sure a gong from the Establishment is worth much in the eyes of many Reds, possibly for the King himself. It's entirely plausible that he's already turned one down. He's King Kenny, and has been for nearly forty years.

--- End quote ---

I'm not so sure,plausible yes-i think its something he'd accept,only the man himself could verify either way.
Times & things change,we could all have a very dfferent view in the future.
You're right of course tho,King Kenny..our King Kenny is a much more valued & recognised decoration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version