Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2010699 times)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #15040 on: November 20, 2022, 05:31:59 pm »
Why do you hate old people so much?

Took away our rights.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #15041 on: November 20, 2022, 05:34:58 pm »
Took away our rights.

But what about the Suffragettes who gained your rights?

They must old as they are all dead.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15042 on: November 20, 2022, 05:35:30 pm »
But what about the Suffragettes who gained your rights?

They must old as they are all dead.

How old was the one who got hit by the horse?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #15043 on: November 20, 2022, 05:35:40 pm »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15044 on: November 20, 2022, 05:36:25 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15045 on: November 20, 2022, 05:36:26 pm »

She did have the chance to grow old.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #15046 on: November 20, 2022, 05:36:54 pm »
Is the Firmino new contract cult the same as the FSG cult? Because I’m not sure you can be in two cults at once
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #15047 on: November 20, 2022, 05:37:18 pm »
So we shouldn’t renew players who are on big wages?

Not when they are going to be 32 a few months into next season and you are a pressing team.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15048 on: November 20, 2022, 05:38:23 pm »
Is the Firmino new contract cult the same as the FSG cult? Because I’m not sure you can be in two cults at once

You misheard,they didn't say you were in a cult,they said you were a   :P

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15049 on: November 20, 2022, 08:15:15 pm »
She did have the chance to grow old.

Did she not die? Made of strong stuff.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15050 on: November 20, 2022, 09:57:03 pm »

You misheard,they didn't say you were in a cult,they said you were a   :P

Copying any joke is embarrassing, but copying an Al one….that’s quite the distance you’ve fallen in these past few months :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15051 on: November 20, 2022, 10:05:56 pm »
Not when they are going to be 32 a few months into next season and you are a pressing team.

What about when you've got more pressing issues?

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15052 on: November 20, 2022, 10:07:45 pm »
Firmino is out of contract at the end of the season - some people think he should get a new contract, some people think we should let him go
Either opinion is valid and so is dicussing it. Ta
Lol, one day try reading as well. Ta
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #15053 on: November 20, 2022, 10:09:10 pm »

Was she a Geordie?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15054 on: November 20, 2022, 10:09:36 pm »
The only pressing Bobby will be doing now will be his missus's ironing amirite Al?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15055 on: November 20, 2022, 10:18:00 pm »
My view is that we are competing with clubs that can afford to pay bobby's salary to have him clean the bogs. I have no idea how our finances work but if we can pay him to bring the huge smiles his special talents can, then yep I'm happy if he's at the club for a few years more.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15056 on: November 20, 2022, 10:32:40 pm »
Copying any joke is embarrassing, but copying an Al one….that’s quite the distance you’ve fallen in these past few months :D

I peaked a decade ago,all down hill from here.

Offline Huyrob

• Main Stander
« Reply #15057 on: November 20, 2022, 10:32:55 pm »
Totally agree, he has provided so many special moments and I love him. Heart says yes keep him but head ….still says yes, if he is prepared to reduce his game time. So perhaps one year extension?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15058 on: November 20, 2022, 10:44:40 pm »
Did she not die? Made of strong stuff.

Ha. My post missed an important ‘not’.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15059 on: November 20, 2022, 11:31:43 pm »
Its a no brainer on a 1 year contract with a team option of another year. He wont be on anywhere near 180 grand a week on a new contract. I would imagine around a 100k basic with some appearance and performance incentives. If he performs like he has this season with appearances and goals he would make a wedge closer to 150k. It would be great to have Bobby in the squad as the 5th attacking option.

I would think we would still be on the lookout for a younger forward option ideally someone who can play on Mo's side in the front 3. That Dortmund striker would be an opportunity we couldnt pass up if he wants to come and develop under Klopp

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #15060 on: November 21, 2022, 03:37:25 am »
Are there slower leagues, where he'd fit better now. But could still afford something near 180k a week?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #15061 on: November 21, 2022, 07:19:13 am »
I think some will be surprised how highly Firmino is valued by Klopp and the club.
He's been our most productive attacking player this season, but he's being described as being on par with Ox and Keita.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15062 on: November 21, 2022, 09:03:27 am »
Its a no brainer on a 1 year contract with a team option of another year. He wont be on anywhere near 180 grand a week on a new contract. I would imagine around a 100k basic with some appearance and performance incentives. If he performs like he has this season with appearances and goals he would make a wedge closer to 150k. It would be great to have Bobby in the squad as the 5th attacking option.

I would think we would still be on the lookout for a younger forward option ideally someone who can play on Mo's side in the front 3. That Dortmund striker would be an opportunity we couldnt pass up if he wants to come and develop under Klopp

Why would he almost halve his wage? Dunno lets see what happens but able to go on a free but you halve your wage at 31?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15063 on: November 23, 2022, 03:14:31 pm »

If he does sign a new contract I fear a few are going to be a little upset, because there's little chance a 31 year old Bobby Firmino is taking a big wage cut (if at all)

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15064 on: November 23, 2022, 05:13:49 pm »
If he does sign a new contract I fear a few are going to be a little upset, because there's little chance a 31 year old Bobby Firmino is taking a big wage cut (if at all)
None of us know anything but there were some reports earlier in the year which, reading between the lines a bit seemed to indicate that he would be open to a new contract that was, shall we say 'non preferential', i.e where the term or amount wasn't what someone in his position would ideally expect, or demand, i.e accepting something lesser to stay on where he and his family are settled and happy.

Sorry I ain't got no links

Offline Skagger

• Main Stander
« Reply #15065 on: November 23, 2022, 08:17:19 pm »
Maybe not the right place for it but the significant uptick in passive aggressive sniping and oneupmanship recently on RAWK is a shame, this is comfortably the best football forum of the past quarter century.

On topic, Bobby is boss now and has always has been, we're lucky to have him.
Henderson has been very good in patches and if he had the confidence of Shelvey he would be some player.
Shame how it ended, hell of a ride though.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #15066 on: November 28, 2022, 11:52:41 pm »
Wonder why its taken so long for any talk about a new contract for Bobby to come up?.

Would take a rolling 1-2 year contract for him. He has a skillset in the squad no one else seems to have.

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #15067 on: November 29, 2022, 07:43:48 am »
Maybe not the right place for it but the significant uptick in passive aggressive sniping and oneupmanship recently on RAWK is a shame, this is comfortably the best football forum of the past quarter century.

On topic, Bobby is boss now and has always has been, we're lucky to have him.

Agree. As Tom Johnson once said:

From Anfield Shrine comment:

This month has told us a lot about the state of our fans. January has seen Liverpool undertake their worst run of the season and one of the worst runs of the past few years. The media was declaring it a crisis, and certain 'fans' were slating the team and the management. This sort of thing is nothing out of the ordinary on the official site for example, which seems to house some of the worst fans Liverpool have got. Personally I don't class them as fans, I see fans as people who LOVE their club and I really mean LOVE. Fans who will stick with them through thick and thin and whatever their opinion is they won't voice it, not openly to criticise the team anyway. These sort of fans realise that criticism from fans doesn't get the club anywhere, especially not at Liverpool. I don't buy all that ' paid my money so I'll say what I want' crap. Yes football is a million pound game and yes players are paid a stupid amount but I still see it as we owe them something not the other way round. Perhaps this isn't the case at other clubs or with other fans but I feel lucky that I have Liverpool as my club, I feel lucky that I can go and watch them at all, win or lose. I love Liverpool so much that it hurts when we play poorly, but it hurts even more when someone slates MY team. I get so angry when some so called fan dares to criticise the club I love and the club they are meant to support with such venom. I hate the arrogance of some people, they think they're the best Liverpool fan in the world because they've paid so much money on the club and their son has a full Liverpool FC bedroom design, because they know what's best for the team, they know Murphy's shite, they know Thompson is a waste of space. I despise these people, I prefer the die hard mancs to these people. If you really love the club, it's impossible to hate those within it so fiercely.

The day I boo, or seriously criticise any Liverpool player is the day I cease being a Liverpool fan. Ziege, Collymore, Babb or Murphy, they have all worn that red shirt so in my book they all deserve my respect or atleast my recognition. I also don't believe that loving your club means that you get angry when they fail and therefore attack team. If you really loved the club you wouldn't be able to attack the team, I know I can't. Of course you have opinions on the team, who should play and who shouldn't but I value everysingle player in our squad. A Swindon friend of mine often asks me 'which player do Liverpool fans really hate?' I say we don't hate any of them, we value and support each and every one of them.

Liverpool fans and players have always been known to be the most intelligent in the game. I've said before, Leicester might need 20 000 people to boo to tell them their shite, but Liverpool don't. Every Liverpool player knows what we expect from them, and they know when they fail. Having Anfield boo them won't encourage them it will demoralise them. They know that the true reds are the ones who will stick with them through thick and thin, the ones who when they sense a player isn't doing well will chant their name with passion.

It is a crying shame that the fans which have made this club so special are becoming the minoruty. Out numbered by new age fans, old git fans, executive fans, yuppie fans who know bollock all about the way Liverpool should be supported and just see us as an 'alternative' to Man Utd. It makes me so angry, but I think we'll have to accept that if we are going to be successful in modern times we'll attract all these fickle fans who have no real love for Liverpool.

The only thing the true reds can do is sing that little bit louder, give that spare ticket to a dedicated red, encourage true fans to continue to come to Anfield and not lose faith with its recent poor atmosphere and most importantly, educate young fans in 'The Liverpool Way.'

© Tom Johnson
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15068 on: November 29, 2022, 08:15:27 am »
Agree. As Tom Johnson once said:

Boss that. Thanks for posting. Agree with the gist of it (if not every single point), as my posts over the years have shown

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15069 on: November 29, 2022, 08:48:24 pm »

Would take a rolling 1-2 year contract for him. He has a skillset in the squad no one else seems to have.

You mean the inability to press?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15070 on: November 29, 2022, 09:25:50 pm »

Not the be all and end all,all top sides in the past have used forwards coming to the end of their careers as they are often match winners when coming off the bench.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15071 on: November 29, 2022, 09:28:30 pm »

Not the be all and end all,all top sides in the past have used forwards coming to the end of their careers as they are often match winners when coming off the bench.

United hold the world record. ;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15072 on: November 29, 2022, 09:28:59 pm »

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #15073 on: November 29, 2022, 09:39:02 pm »

Yup, and considering Jota looks like he’s made of glass we will need 5 decent strikers in the squad for cover.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15074 on: November 30, 2022, 06:56:55 am »
He's perfectly fine to get a new contract. It's not an urgent need to replace. His wages are irrelevant.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #15075 on: November 30, 2022, 08:47:26 am »
He's perfectly fine to get a new contract. It's not an urgent need to replace. His wages are irrelevant.
Yep, not sure why people get so worked up about it! Still making contributions even if he is past his peak. We have 3 young forwards, why do we want to spend precious cash on buying a replacement? He's unlikely to be playing much for Brazil so he will be valuable for games around intl breaks.

If he wants to go or doesn't want to accept the offer, then no problem we'll deal with it but it's not an urgent priority.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #15076 on: December 8, 2022, 11:31:57 pm »
According to Football Insider, Liverpool have tabled Firmino a ‘big-money’ new contract in a bid to ‘keep hold’ of him and fend off external attention.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline marmite sw

• Main Stander
« Reply #15077 on: December 9, 2022, 04:57:30 am »
really hope its true such a important player for the club still scoring and still very much the team player one to keep til his playing days are over me thinks
im autistic and have dyslexia as well as being born deaf so if thats a problem then its your problem ... awaits the gramma nazis ......lfc supporter since 1976 watch every game and get up to liverpool as often as i can......

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15078 on: December 9, 2022, 06:33:20 am »
According to Football Insider, Liverpool have tabled Firmino a ‘big-money’ new contract in a bid to ‘keep hold’ of him and fend off external attention.

I read that as new contract on reduced basic terms but with significant performance-based bonuses.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
« Reply #15079 on: December 9, 2022, 09:44:56 am »

The lack of respect to Bobby is unacceptable.
His game has adapted and as a result he has prospered.
A heavily incentivised contract to keep a fine player and a huge character in the team makes lots of sense.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.