Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [PC/PS4/XB1]  (Read 107239 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [PC/PS4/XB1]
« Reply #960 on: July 2, 2021, 12:10:52 pm »
Yep it’s horses for courses and I see where Ray and Stoa are coming from.

Personally I absolutely love collections in games. Love exploring the map trying to find everything.

As for Gwent. I enjoy card games anyway, always have. So I see mastering Gwent as a bonus. :)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #961 on: July 2, 2021, 01:06:17 pm »
Yep it’s horses for courses and I see where Ray and Stoa are coming from.

Personally I absolutely love collections in games. Love exploring the map trying to find everything.

As for Gwent. I enjoy card games anyway, always have. So I see mastering Gwent as a bonus. :)

I'll collect everything, to a point. once it starts being nothing more than a chore I largely lose interest. I'm not one for 'achievements' either and never have been.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #962 on: July 2, 2021, 01:43:00 pm »
I think that whichever side of the fence you are (and I'm somewhere between the two extremes) the good thing is that Gwent is totally non-impacting on the rest of the game.  You can play 'til your heart's content or just fuck it off entirely.  I think that it's only when games make sidequest stuff important to progression or the main story narrative that it becomes an issue.

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #963 on: July 2, 2021, 01:56:03 pm »
Anyone tried the first person mod with Vorpx in VR?
:D

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: July 5, 2021, 01:17:05 pm »
Did the “Wild at Heart” secondary quest last night. My fav quest yet.

It’s the one where the Hunter is searching for his wife who went into the forest and never returned home.

Spoiler
You get a choice to either spare or let the Hunter/Werewolf kill his wife’s sister at the end of the quest. Naturally I let the poor man exact his revenge on his jealous sister-in-law  :)
[close]

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #965 on: July 5, 2021, 01:57:08 pm »
Is that the one in the cave underneath the house?

Always struggled with that fight, its what got me realising the potions and oils were key.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #966 on: July 5, 2021, 02:29:19 pm »
Could never get into Gwent myself, and I'm ashamed of that.

Same, though I never gave it a chance. I think you get introduced to it in the first inn in White Orchard? At that point I was already overwhelmed with all the other stuff going on, the names, the quests, the inventory, spells etc. that I just couldn't be bothered to learn Gwent. Will give it a try on the remastered version and see what all the fuss is about.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: July 5, 2021, 04:03:28 pm »
Is that the one in the cave underneath the house?

Always struggled with that fight, its what got me realising the potions and oils were key.

Yeah that's the one

To be honest I wasted him first time using just Axii and then following up with a couple of strong attacks.  Rinse and repeat.

Just read up on Axii just now and found out that what i did is known as "Axii-stunning guerrilla warfare".  :)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #968 on: July 22, 2021, 02:54:04 pm »
I'm disappointed at the lack of updates from Pete, I was living vicariously through him ans avoiding a replay till the next gen update.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: July 25, 2021, 03:23:48 pm »
I'm so looking forward to this next gen upgrade.

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #970 on: July 27, 2021, 09:50:11 pm »
I'm so looking forward to this next gen upgrade.

Do you know when that’s coming out mate? I was tempted to play this through again, but I would rather wait for the next gen.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #971 on: July 28, 2021, 02:12:04 am »
Speculation is a late 2021 release, but no official word from CDPR. Personally I feel early 2022 is more likely.

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #972 on: July 28, 2021, 06:26:10 am »
Speculation is a late 2021 release, but no official word from CDPR. Personally I feel early 2022 is more likely.

Confirmed to be releasing alongside season 2 of the show, https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1413687388338069506

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #973 on: July 28, 2021, 07:43:46 am »
Confirmed to be releasing alongside season 2 of the show, https://twitter.com/witchergame/status/1413687388338069506

...if it's on time.  This is CDPR we're talking about here and I don't see an actual release date or it being coinciding with season 2 of the netflix series(?).  Then again, it's 'only' a remaster rather than a completely new title, so fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 07:50:07 am by Darren G »

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: July 28, 2021, 09:50:47 am »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #975 on: July 28, 2021, 09:59:03 am »
...if it's on time.  This is CDPR we're talking about here and I don't see an actual release date or it being coinciding with season 2 of the netflix series(?).  Then again, it's 'only' a remaster rather than a completely new title, so fingers crossed.

Well they've said this year and they're doing the whole Netflix DLC thing. Season 2 is December 17th so here's hoping!

Christmas time with Geralt is my new favourite past time. That was ruined last year.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #976 on: July 28, 2021, 02:08:05 pm »
Well they've said this year and they're doing the whole Netflix DLC thing. Season 2 is December 17th so here's hoping!

Christmas time with Geralt is my new favourite past time. That was ruined last year.

True.  I think that it's just the lack of a release date that leaves me skeptical.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #977 on: July 28, 2021, 03:03:09 pm »
True.  I think that it's just the lack of a release date that leaves me skeptical.

Maybe they're a bit weary of setting specific dates since the whole Cyberpunk debacle..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: July 28, 2021, 03:23:12 pm »
Maybe they're a bit weary of setting specific dates since the whole Cyberpunk debacle..

That's what I'm getting at though mate.  I believe that's why they haven't given a specific release date, meaning that they're not 100 percent sure that it will be ready for any that they give.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #979 on: July 28, 2021, 03:26:20 pm »
as much as I enjoyed the game I won't be buying any remaster. I played it again last year or the year before and it looked fine, but I don't blame them for doing something that will probably bring in the most cash for the least effort.

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #980 on: July 28, 2021, 05:36:54 pm »
as much as I enjoyed the game I won't be buying any remaster. I played it again last year or the year before and it looked fine, but I don't blame them for doing something that will probably bring in the most cash for the least effort.

It's free.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #981 on: July 28, 2021, 05:37:42 pm »
It's free.

as was the version of the game that I have.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: July 28, 2021, 09:17:26 pm »
Maybe its time to see what all the fuss is about with this remastered version, always meant to play this but never got round to it

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #983 on: July 28, 2021, 09:35:40 pm »
Maybe its time to see what all the fuss is about with this remastered version, always meant to play this but never got round to it

I'd buy it now if I were you,price is bound to go up the closer it gets.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: July 29, 2021, 06:17:57 pm »
Yeah I will thanks

Offline Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: November 27, 2021, 11:15:22 am »
This was announced a month ago but completely passed me by apparently, so for anyone else who missed it, CDPR confirmed Witcher 3 remaster ain't coming out until mid-2022. Stupid Cyberpunk ruining everything

« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 11:17:23 am by Dench57 »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #986 on: November 27, 2021, 11:29:36 am »
Judging by the GTA remasters they probably thought it was wise not just rushing out a version where Geralts got the body of a Griffin
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #987 on: November 27, 2021, 11:29:37 am »
Damn, mid 2022.

Did Buck Pete ever complete this game? ;D

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: November 27, 2021, 11:41:57 am »
Judging by the GTA remasters they probably thought it was wise not just rushing out a version where Geralts got the body of a Griffin

I gave this another shot after your comments in the other thread a couple of weeks back and finally hooked on it. Just arrived on Skellige and on level 17 now.

It's still not on the same level as RDR2 for me and it has loads of flaws (I basically agree with all of Stoa's post below, but there is still plenty to enjoy about it. Think the issue before was aprtly that I wasn't really paying enough attention and taking on quests that were way to hard for my level at the time, and not figuring out all the oils and spells etc so was just finding it frustratingly difficult.

I think I can kind of see where you're coming from. The Witcher series is kind of hard to like for various reasons. Geralt as a character is kind of a twat and so is basically everyone else in the world. I don't know what it is, but I never really liked anyone in all the Witcher games I've played (played the first one a lot, tried various times to play the second one, but never got into it and finished the third one). Add to that that the mechanics and the game itself overall feels kind of clunky and not as "smooth" as other RPGs. You have to l ike the combat, you have to like using different oils and whatnot depending on the situation, you can't really heal yourself with potions, Geralt's movement is clunky, the whole UI is kind of messy. What made Witcher 3 work is that it really tells great stories whether it's in the main quest or whether it's the side quests. Other than that it's not really a classical RPG in my view, because you don't really build a character and loot means next to fuck all. I think that's why liking RPGs doesn't necessarily mean that you'll like the Witcher. It's just so different from the likes of The Elder Scrolls and other RPGs, because they often let you build your own character or the loot mechanics are more important.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #989 on: November 29, 2021, 04:56:18 pm »
Damn, mid 2022.

Did Buck Pete ever complete this game? ;D

Jake.  I'm gonna get slaughtered for this, but I found it really tedious and jacked it in.

I do think maybe I was perhaps playing it on too low difficulty.  The dialogue and stories bored me to tears too. The game just felt clunky to me

Don't get me wrong I love the Witcher TV series and like fantasy/RPG games.  I've heavily played the Demon/Dark souls games, GoW and loads of other titles.

Just not for me this I'm afraid :(

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #990 on: November 29, 2021, 05:31:13 pm »
Personal taste matters a lot and I do think that sometimes, for whatever reason, be it intangible or vague, you just don't get on with a game. Take the Souls games, I can't stand them and have tried loads of times to get into them. Clunky, terrible looking, esoteric layout, I just couldn't get on with it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #991 on: November 29, 2021, 07:16:49 pm »
Personal taste matters a lot and I do think that sometimes, for whatever reason, be it intangible or vague, you just don't get on with a game. Take the Souls games, I can't stand them and have tried loads of times to get into them. Clunky, terrible looking, esoteric layout, I just couldn't get on with it.

People who like the Souls games also like being kicked in the balls or ovaries. That's a scientific fact... ;)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #992 on: November 30, 2021, 07:44:34 pm »
Jake.  I'm gonna get slaughtered for this, but I found it really tedious and jacked it in.

I do think maybe I was perhaps playing it on too low difficulty.  The dialogue and stories bored me to tears too. The game just felt clunky to me

Don't get me wrong I love the Witcher TV series and like fantasy/RPG games.  I've heavily played the Demon/Dark souls games, GoW and loads of other titles.

Just not for me this I'm afraid :(

Get out. ;D

Online Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #993 on: December 1, 2021, 01:33:04 am »
I open this thread to see not only dislike of The Witcher 3, but Dark Souls as well?

Opinions aren't subjective, ya'll are simply wrong. ;D

Oh and Skyrim is one of the dullest games in existence.  :wave

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #994 on: December 20, 2021, 11:21:38 pm »
Souls games are quite beautifully designed - both aesthetically and in gameplay. The main issue with them is they're aggressively bad in the QoL aspects. No map. Crap menus. Crap inventory system. Weird stat system. I don't mind difficult, but I don't believe it's a virtue for games to be irritating to navigate and learn. It may mean many of the people that do overcome the issues like it end up being true believers, but that's not a virtue either.

I've tried to play Witcher 2 a bunch of times and found it quite hard to get into, partly because it's a bit dated in presentation and partly because I'm finding the systems to be not as intuitive as Witcher 3, so these things matter. Will prolly try and give it another red hot go later but would like it if they remastered it.

Witcher 3 really demands that you get about 1/4 of the way through the game before it really picks up. The combat is just a bit too basic and easy (I never play hardest difficulty in any game except this one) and the world is pretty but a lot less so in the early swampy bits. But once you play a few of the great, great quests, that's when you know whether or not you'll be into it. IMO if you don't like it by the time you get to the Bloody Baron you won't like the game. If you do you will.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: December 21, 2021, 12:03:42 am »
The bloody baron quest is the only one in gaming that’s stuck with me since I first played it.

Heart wrenching, grotesque yet oddly mesmerising.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: December 21, 2021, 08:26:21 am »
Souls games are quite beautifully designed - both aesthetically and in gameplay. The main issue with them is they're aggressively bad in the QoL aspects. No map. Crap menus. Crap inventory system. Weird stat system. I don't mind difficult, but I don't believe it's a virtue for games to be irritating to navigate and learn. It may mean many of the people that do overcome the issues like it end up being true believers, but that's not a virtue either.

I’ve never seen so much wrong in one post.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #997 on: December 23, 2021, 12:22:20 pm »
When is the next gen upgrade coming? Holding off on actually playing this properly until then. Red Dead will suffice for my Christmas game over the next few days. Still haven't bothered with Cyberpunk properly yet for the same reason.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #998 on: December 23, 2021, 12:28:05 pm »
When is the next gen upgrade coming? Holding off on actually playing this properly until then. Red Dead will suffice for my Christmas game over the next few days. Still haven't bothered with Cyberpunk properly yet for the same reason.

Q2 2022 apparently.

I now own a legit copy of this game (7 whole pounds) so I can have another bash on it once that update happens

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: December 24, 2021, 03:09:49 am »
Yeah, I owned a *free* copy first too. The game was just so good though that I wanted to support CDPR, so bought it. This was pre-Cyberpunk obviously.