Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [PC/PS4/XB1]  (Read 106541 times)

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [PC/PS4/XB1]
« on: August 19, 2014, 11:53:06 pm »
So, a 35 minute gameplay demo is now available... and it looks insane:

<a href="http://youtube.com/v/xx8kQ4s5hCY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://youtube.com/v/xx8kQ4s5hCY</a>

If you want the 720p/1080p version, click here.

:o
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:09:43 pm by JongWK »
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [PC/PS4/XB1]
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 11:58:43 pm »
That is one big video!

The game looks great though.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 12:50:00 am »
That is one big video!

The game looks great though.

Erm, I can edit it to 480p. It just doesn't do justice to the game, I think. I'll leave a link for the bigger res.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:27:06 am »
Draw distance is phenomenal. I'd watched previous vids and wasn't too impressed but this obviously as a grander showing of continuous gameplay has won me over. Comes out four months after Dragon Age as well so I'll be ready for another fantasy RPG by then ;D

What a maniacal February we're gonna get. This, Arkham Knight, and The Order 1886.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 09:46:27 am »
It does look utterly fantastic - and a very deep explorative RPG - but I wish the acting and writing were a little bit better, truth be told. After stuff like TLOU, I've been spoilt.

Plus, you can't get away with standard American accents in sword n' sorcery epics anymore. It's a matter of authenticity - everyone knows that back in the day of dragons and wizards and stuff, they all had English accents. Maybe the odd Scot or Taffy, very occasionally Irish. Okay, the inhabitants of certain realms back then apparently sounded very much like Americans trying to do a sort of neutral English accent, but that's the closest it gets.  ;D
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 10:06:40 am »
Day one purchase for me, just waiting for the usual nobheads to do side by sides for the PS4 and X1 though!

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 11:34:43 am »
It does look utterly fantastic - and a very deep explorative RPG - but I wish the acting and writing were a little bit better, truth be told. After stuff like TLOU, I've been spoilt.

Plus, you can't get away with standard American accents in sword n' sorcery epics anymore. It's a matter of authenticity - everyone knows that back in the day of dragons and wizards and stuff, they all had English accents. Maybe the odd Scot or Taffy, very occasionally Irish. Okay, the inhabitants of certain realms back then apparently sounded very much like Americans trying to do a sort of neutral English accent, but that's the closest it gets.  ;D

I think it was that Kevin Costner Robin Hood film that put an end to that, right? ;D

Dragon Age has American accents for dwarves, and welsh for elves. Then obviously the typical english and scottish for humans. Works so well! All a part of how one handles their lore I guess.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 12:55:33 pm »
Looks fab. Will have to upgrade the PC or buy a PS4 though :(
"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2014, 04:47:55 pm »
Loved W1 and W2, bought a new PC for this and GTA 5. Can't wait.

Offline Redmaj

• Anny Roader
  • Butter does not Discriminate.
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 09:27:46 pm »
Was so impressed by that trailer that I went an got the first game. My PC just about runs it. WOW, great game, great world, great leveling system and it has what most most games today lack: Character. Most fantasy RPG's are so vanilla, goody/baddy's etc but the witcher's world is all shade's of grey, love the darkness/noir of the whole thing.

It does not reinvent the wheel but hearing an NPC saying 'your wife sucks dwarf cock' did it for me. And being told to fuck off by others when I piss them off.

Only about 10 hours into Witcher 1 and loving it.

Started saving for new mobo and processor for part 3.

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best day and night to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight and never stop fighting."

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 09:35:10 pm »

It does not reinvent the wheel but hearing an NPC saying 'your wife sucks dwarf cock' did it for me.

;D

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 11:19:44 pm »
If only the main game-mechanics weren't that awful... ;)

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2014, 12:06:00 am »
I think I'll get a PS4 when this comes out, looks incredible.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 02:09:27 pm »
Short trailer, with a bit more about the main plot:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HtVdAasjOgU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HtVdAasjOgU</a>

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 02:10:17 pm »
When's the release date for PC?

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 02:15:12 pm »
When's the release date for PC?

February 24, 2015.

EDIT: Steam link here.

EDIT 2: Just realized Charles Dance is the voice actor for the Emperor.  8)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 02:27:52 pm by JongWK »

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2015, 10:54:19 pm »
Finally a game that i mights stump up the cash for a new console

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-NxWHYO87MM

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-NxWHYO87MM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/-NxWHYO87MM</a>
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:27:02 am by macca007 »

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2015, 10:02:38 pm »
I caved in and preordered. I know I shouldn't, but the flesh is weak...  :lickin

It's $40 in GOG. Not sure about the price for UK buyers, but it's far cheaper than Steam right now. DRM free too.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2015, 11:38:26 pm »
If I get a ps4 anytime soon, this, Batman, destiny and bloodborne are the games i would happily spend my time on without doubt. Batman and W3 look outstanding beyond all other things so far

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 05:45:18 pm »
was gonna get dragon age until i seen this
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 06:11:19 pm »
If this is anything like the Elder Scrolls games then I'm all over it. I haven't gotten around to playing the second one yet even though I have it downloded on the 360!
XBL: Flash6289

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2015, 06:23:59 pm »
Coming round to this a bit now, looks fantastic (literally).

Do wish I wasn't forced to play as some frowny silver fox of a yank, though. I know it's the next chapter in his story, but half the fun of fantasy RPGs is in creating your own weird and wonderful hero. It defo makes a difference in stuff like GTA Online too, where I've genuinely burst out laughing at some characters. It's what interactive fantasy is all about.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2015, 12:43:59 am »
If this is anything like the Elder Scrolls games then I'm all over it. I haven't gotten around to playing the second one yet even though I have it downloded on the 360!
I'd say it is nothing like TES.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2015, 10:48:54 am »
It looks and sounds interesting, but I'll wait until I've seen some gameplay-videos and then I'll decide whether to buy it or wait for a sale. I really enjoyed the first game, but Witcher 2 was just awful in some aspects in my view. The fighting was unresponsive and the interface was wank as well...

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2015, 11:20:04 am »
What exactly do you mean? There is a 35 minute gameplay video of this on YouTube plus a few more 5 minute videos on there too. All of which are gameplay videos not cut scene CGI bits what we usually get from devs. Other than the pause screen inventory screen stuff I would say it shows the game very well considering its not out yet.

What would have been good would be if there was a multiplayer where you could make your own witcher who completed quests in an online world, which in turn affected the single player experience, making it harder or easier for Geralt. Or at least a co op where you and a friend could team up as Geralt and Ciri (as Ciri is a playable character in this game anyway). The multiplayer part might be a lil difficult to put in but the co op idea I think would've been perfect for a game like this.

Online Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2015, 02:09:16 pm »
It looks and sounds interesting, but I'll wait until I've seen some gameplay-videos and then I'll decide whether to buy it or wait for a sale. I really enjoyed the first game, but Witcher 2 was just awful in some aspects in my view. The fighting was unresponsive and the interface was wank as well...

Agree with you about Witcher 2. I really wanted to get into it but I found it so incredibly frustrating to control. I hope that the new game can smooth out those rough edges, it could be really something special.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2015, 02:12:18 pm »
Agree with you about Witcher 2. I really wanted to get into it but I found it so incredibly frustrating to control. I hope that the new game can smooth out those rough edges, it could be really something special.

Really? I found it to be the opposite. Easy to control smooth game play and switching between stuff was easy.

Really looking forward to the 3rd installment.

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2015, 04:34:16 pm »
I personally didn't have a problem with witcher 2 controls either. They weren't difficult or overly complicated nor groundbreaking either. Just run of the mill. Spent a bit too much time making potions n stuff. That's the only thing that irked me a little

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2015, 05:05:01 pm »
I'd say it is nothing like TES.
Pre-order cancelled.
XBL: Flash6289

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2015, 08:52:18 pm »
Really? I found it to be the opposite. Easy to control smooth game play and switching between stuff was easy.

Really looking forward to the 3rd installment.

The menues/inventory were shite. Stuff like drinking potions was too complicated. And it felt like whenever you pressed a button the Witcher had to think for a second what he's supposed to do now...
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 12:31:16 pm by stoa »

Online Devon Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 09:45:12 am »
I wasn't too happy about having to memorise symbols - just give the spells proper names next time, that at least hint at what they do.

I did come to Witcher 2 straight after Dark Souls 2 - which as far as I'm concerned has a pretty much perfect action-RPG control system. On a pad anyway. Perhaps if I'd come to it fresh I would have been more forgiving.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 12:27:11 pm »
I did come to Witcher 2 straight after Dark Souls 2 - which as far as I'm concerned has a pretty much perfect action-RPG control system. On a pad anyway. Perhaps if I'd come to it fresh I would have been more forgiving.
I think this is why I always try to convince myself that I'll like Witcher III.  Because I love Dark Souls 2 and its control scheme, but the truth is that series is the exception for me and I generally can't stand the unresponsive action RPG games from other studios.

I haven't liked the sound of the "adult themed" dialogue in the Witcher III trailers so far either.  Seems way too forced and cringingly "edgy".
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 12:32:02 pm »
I wasn't too happy about having to memorise symbols - just give the spells proper names next time, that at least hint at what they do.

That's another thing I hated and that was so completely unnecessary...

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: May 8, 2015, 08:09:29 pm »
I have been scouring YouTube for more bits of gameplay of this. Overall I think I've seen a decent 2 hours of gameplay and the surface of this has not been scratched dented or even slightly marked. This look freaking huge, elegant, beautiful, exciting and downright awesome. I haven't got a next gen console n I'm gonna have to not watch walkthrough vids when it comes out although I really want to watch it. If the game is truly as good as it looks it may be for me the best RPG I've ever seen.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: May 8, 2015, 11:34:04 pm »
Conan has done it again... ;)
(May contain some spoilers...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfjLRuE1CLw&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: May 9, 2015, 12:05:25 am by stoa »

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 9, 2015, 12:57:40 pm »
Worth buying?

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 9, 2015, 02:13:44 pm »
Conan has done it again... ;)
(May contain some spoilers...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfjLRuE1CLw&feature=youtu.be
:lmao searching the inventory for his 'sex finder'

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on