Author Topic: So, Disney are closing LucasArts.  (Read 7096 times)

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
Re: So, Disney are closing LucasArts.
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2014, 09:30:17 pm »
20+ disney classics coming from GOG.  Will be keeping my eye on this.

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2015, 10:32:51 am »
Grim Fandango Remastered available on Steam now :wave

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #42 on: December 5, 2015, 06:49:58 pm »
Full throttle will be remastered by Lucasarts alum Tim Schafer's Doublefine

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 8, 2016, 11:48:40 am »
Day of the Tentacle Remastered will be coming to PC, PS4 and PS Vita on March 22nd

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #44 on: March 8, 2016, 12:00:42 pm »
They should make a jedi game with the Arkham Asylum combat system.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 8, 2016, 05:12:30 pm »
Day of the Tentacle Remastered will be coming to PC, PS4 and PS Vita on March 22nd

Fuck yes!

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 8, 2016, 07:44:16 pm »

Yes and yes and hell yes!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2016, 02:58:03 pm »

Out now. Currently downloading on my PS4 now. Should be ready when I get home

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: April 4, 2022, 04:41:38 pm »
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!!!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sahskKAxSCY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sahskKAxSCY</a>

Stick your Elden Ring up your arse. Return to Monkey Island is my game of the year
« Last Edit: April 4, 2022, 06:15:27 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #49 on: April 4, 2022, 06:00:50 pm »
Holy shit!
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 4, 2022, 06:14:33 pm »
Big freaking news. What a time to be alive!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: April 9, 2022, 11:36:01 am »
That's made me quite excited :) Thimbleweed Park is on my radar to pick up as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2022, 10:26:29 am »
That's made me quite excited :) Thimbleweed Park is on my radar to pick up as well.
Do it after the match tonight, mate. You will not be disappointed.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 11, 2022, 08:26:58 pm »

Gonna get it as an Easter present for myself :)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 2, 2022, 07:49:30 pm »
Really interesting (and long) interview with Ron Gilbert and Dave Grossman.

https://adventuregamers.com/articles/view/ron-gilbert-dave-grossman-return-to-monkey-island

Unfortunately with the internet the way it is, a vocal minority has lost their shit over why it doesn't have the 'pixel art' style of the early 1990's games. Which is a real shame.

If I wanted Monkey island 1 and 2 I'd just run SCUMMVM and go to town.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2022, 10:13:52 pm »
Its a really different take on the art style

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/p3mxq44HhnU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/p3mxq44HhnU</a>

I can't decide if I like it or not. Has more of the Devolver Digital style than a lucasarts style. But loads of small cameos in that video to have my attention.

Always going to be a hard line to tread. Too far one way it might as well be a lazy retro fan game. Too far the other way and you lose out on what made those games so good in the first place.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2022, 09:20:17 am »
I’m unsure too. I had hoped for something looking like Thimbleweed Park. All in all, I’m just happy we’re getting a brand new game! There is so much vitriol about the graphics on various social media platforms (not in here, of course)  and it’s disappointing. You would think that the MI community would react maturely and welcoming after all these years.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 09:22:14 am by dalarr »

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2022, 06:33:05 am »
Can’t believe they’re doing another Monkey Island game! Love it, what a genius series that is.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2022, 08:42:38 pm »
19th September release date which happens to be International Speak like a Pirate day

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2022, 09:07:40 pm »

I finished it a few weeks ago and liked it initially but found it getting more and more annoying as the game wore on, and I was running around for ages sometimes not knowing what to do. I don't know if it was having to be multiple characters that I couldn't get to grips with but it eventually started to drag. Still, I enjoyed playing as Ransom :)

Hopefully Monkey Island will just be playing as Guybrush.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2022, 02:50:22 pm »
Today's the day

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2022, 03:35:35 pm »
Was looking forward to having a go this bank holiday but you have to wait until 5.00pm today to play it :(

Offline quirkovski

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2022, 06:00:50 pm »
Return to Monkey Island is great.

Was not sold on the new art style like most at first but you soon forget about it, Wouldn’t mind seeing the first 2 games updated with the same style.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: September 24, 2022, 10:29:50 am »
Need some help here. My processor is too old to run this (Intel Core i5 6300HQ). Is it still worth a try or would you rather get it for the Switch instead? I would appreciate some answers here, dying to play this game

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #64 on: November 2, 2022, 09:00:55 am »
Return to Monkey Island coming to ps5 (I assume Xbox too?) on November 8th!

Saves me trying to borrow a switch from someone

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 2, 2022, 09:52:53 am »
Return to Monkey Island coming to ps5 (I assume Xbox too?) on November 8th!

Saves me trying to borrow a switch from someone

Onto Game Pass day one

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #66 on: January 9, 2023, 08:14:42 am »
Finished Return to Monkey Island last night.
Lots of fun and full of nostalgia

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2023, 07:48:22 pm »
It's sticking around.

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/NzyttU9joXc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/NzyttU9joXc</a>

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2023, 09:40:50 pm »
'Star Wars Outlaws: World Premiere Trailer':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/XF0kMT39GNY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/XF0kMT39GNY</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/XF0kMT39GNY

The blurb...

'Watch the World Premiere trailer of Star Wars Outlaws. Introducing scoundrel Kay Vess in the first-ever open world Star Wars game. Coming 2024.

Experience the first-ever open world Star Wars game, set between the events of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Explore distinct planets across the galaxy, both iconic and new. Risk it all as Kay Vess, an emerging scoundrel seeking freedom and the means to start a new life, along with her companion Nix. Fight, steal, and outwit your way through the galaxy’s crime syndicates as you join the galaxy’s most wanted.'

'Star Wars Outlaws, the first-ever open-world Star Wars game, is coming to Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC in 2024.' - www.starwarsoutlaws.com

Apparently, there is a gameplay trailer or gameplay video out for this due sometime on Monday.

https://metro.co.uk/2023/06/11/star-wars-outlaws-launches-2024-more-to-come-at-ubisoft-forward-18932849
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 10:33:47 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2023, 10:16:36 pm »

'Star Wars Outlaws: Official Gameplay Walkthrough | Ubisoft Forward' - 10 minute video from Ubisoft:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/c7K2TA0bBpY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/c7K2TA0bBpY</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/c7K2TA0bBpY

'Star Wars Outlaws: Gameplay Breakdown By the Developers' - 12 minute Gamespot video with game developer commentary (gives more background & detail):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/KGI5CggrRbs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/KGI5CggrRbs</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/KGI5CggrRbs

« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 01:36:10 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2023, 07:35:27 am »
Super.

I've come to realise that I need lots of things to do in a game now - maps to explore, secrets to find, so on, all at my own pace. I bought SW Battlefront 2 the other month, just to play through the single player campaign, and it was so boring I struggled to get through it. Squadrons I gave up on completely. Everything was just so on rails and overly scripted, I was just waiting for the next map marker to appear, just to run/fly towards it, shoot at a dozen things, then wait for the next marker etc. Fallen Order scratched that itch and I'm keen to get on the sequel, just think that I need a new PC at this point as I'm still on a 7th gen i7 with GTX 1070.

So something truly open-world will probably really draw me in if it's done well, at first I thought it might more like an RPG but seems more likely to be a GTA-style caper-em-up (if that's a thing).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2023, 06:20:44 pm »
'Watch the World Premiere trailer of Star Wars Outlaws. Introducing scoundrel Kay Vess in the first-ever open world Star Wars game. Coming 2024.
Cheers mate. That looks right up my alley.

The original Star Wars was the second film I ever saw that the cinema (the first was The Rescuers. I was five). The first three films are unmatched. I've fallen asleep through some of the rest, felt I'd seen it before due to referencing the originals or just not bothered.

That this game is set during the time before trade federations and Mitochondrion nonsense which is perfect. The gameplay trailer shows a perfectly scruffy Star Wars universe the way it should be. There's action in Imperial ships/bases by the looks of things too.

Can. Not. Wait

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2023, 06:23:08 pm »
Squadrons I gave up on completely
Same here. I really wanted to love it. Played it once.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #73 on: June 14, 2023, 06:40:30 am »
Same here. I really wanted to love it. Played it once.

It's just narratively so bizarre, in that it warps you from one side of the campaign to the other as it goes. I couldn't get into the stories at all because they were being presented side-by-side equally. It would have been far better to just have 2 shorter solo campaigns, one as the Rebels & one as the Empire. Same story but the part you play in the other is replaced by a named ace pilot - maybe Keyan Farlander & Maarek Stele. And then each ends in the same one on one dogfight with you playing either role depending on the campaign.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #74 on: June 20, 2023, 09:50:48 pm »

This Outlaws game does look promising.

I know what you both mean about some of the other previous games. I still hope for a modern re-do of the old X-Wing PC games - or old Rogue Squadron series on the GameCube!) or even a simple update of 'Star Wars Acrade' - www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiswEP7-z-A ;D

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2023, 03:12:16 pm »
I still hope for a modern re-do of the old X-Wing PC games

I think Squadrons is good as we're ever going to get, officially. The era of the true Flight Sim as a major game release is in the past (even if Microsoft keep theirs going).

In heavily related news (regarding TIE Fighter Total Conversion) I do now have my flight stick recovered from my old address and have spent some time mapping preferred buttons in the in-game flight simulator. This weekend I'll be kicking off the Reimagined campaigns... I remember giving the Dimok & Ripoblus a seeing to back in the 90s, time to slap them down again in a new storyline.

If you don't know what I'm on about...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oEVrdwZ9bEk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oEVrdwZ9bEk</a>

Sadly I don't think similar projects are at the same level for the other 90s games. TIE Fighter just always had the more dedicated fan base.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 03:42:29 pm by Riquende »