The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

Safe Standing ( split from: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield)

<< < (380/380)

mattyyt:
Glad to hear. Any idea if it’s related to the upper half of the Kop, or the whole ground?

emitime:

--- Quote from: mattyyt on August 16, 2023, 06:57:25 pm ---Glad to hear. Any idea if it’s related to the upper half of the Kop, or the whole ground?

--- End quote ---

Upper Kop, lower anny.

rob1966:

--- Quote from: Peter McGurk on January 10, 2023, 11:42:15 pm ---Last bit is not entirely true. The distance front to back for each step on the Kop is just over 560mm and the angle of the stand is about 25 degrees. The distance required for standing on a terrace is 280mm (for existing stands) and the maximum angle is also 25 degrees. So an extra step introduced in between each step would be 280mm and 25 degrees (or a step height of about 135mm) - theoretically good to go for standing terraces in the UK (currently lower divisions only).

--- End quote ---

Just to go back to this, I've never really paid attention before, but I noticed there is already a half step on the steps in the Kop, so I asked my lad to stand in front of me and I stood on the step - no way would I want to I want to be stood like that for a game anymore, he's almost 6ft 1 and I'm 5 11, all I could see was the back of his head - you put up with that in the days of the old standing Kop, you wouldn't now. I've put a bit of weight on recently, some is to do with hitting the gym, some with being a greedy get on holiday and when stood in my seat and people want to get out, I'm having to push right back into the rail and my seat to let them past - my lads are quite slim and people are having to squeeze past them to, so there is no way the additional step would be allowed as you'd be squashed against each other

Also noticed a few people were getting ejected for standing on the steps around rows 60 and back - this has been an issue for ages where people move up there from their seats. Stewards said its to do with the council and the safe standing licence, they're being really strict on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version