Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 373689 times)

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: GTA V
« Reply #5160 on: November 13, 2021, 04:06:22 pm »
 :-\

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5161 on: November 15, 2021, 01:19:35 pm »
OK, that's me convinced. I won't bother.

The gym missions and getting fat again were a pain in the arse anyway.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5162 on: November 15, 2021, 06:07:49 pm »

one miserable game that too.
Yep. In hindsight, it's the reason why I think V is a massive step up from IV. Just the setting of Los Santos alone. I liked Niko as a protagonist, and I preferred the driving physics, but other than that, V is just a superior game in every single way. Blew me away with how they even achieved it on what is now two generations old hardware.

As for the recent remasters, those games haven't aged well to begin with, so remastering them wasn't going to improve them much, but fuck me, it seems like they've made a right hash of even doing that, which is very unusual for a developer like Rockstar. Surely they must have outsourced those to another developer and slapped their name on them?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 06:09:40 pm by Macphisto80 »

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5163 on: November 15, 2021, 06:11:12 pm »

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5164 on: November 16, 2021, 01:34:26 pm »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5165 on: November 16, 2021, 01:42:28 pm »
i'm dying

I’ve had a couple of bridges disappear, not too many other bugs though.  Think I’m about 40% through.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5166 on: November 16, 2021, 01:42:35 pm »
Good video by DF on GTA3. They are also doing separate ones for VC and SA.

It's basically a port of the mobile version which was a modified version of another version of the originals. Some of the design choices are baffling.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5167 on: November 16, 2021, 02:42:10 pm »

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5168 on: November 16, 2021, 03:07:39 pm »
Good video by DF on GTA3. They are also doing separate ones for VC and SA.

It's basically a port of the mobile version which was a modified version of another version of the originals. Some of the design choices are baffling.

Seems like a massive clusterfuck and there's no excuse for that. If you do a remaster like that, make sure it works properly and put some effort in. Looks like they didn't. Haven't played the definitive edition because I hate the current trend of remaking and remastering games, but I could have seen myself getting it at a cheaper price and if they were well made, because I remember Vice City and San Andreas fondly and would have liked to play GTA3 again as I probably didn't appreciate it that much when I was first playing it. But after having seen videos, screenshots and comments I'll give it a pass. The worst thing is the rain. Don't get how they put that in there and then at no point thought "Well, this looks pretty shite and the game can become close to unplayable, because you can't see anything, maybe we should dial it back a bit". The only thing that's worse is that going by that DF video they seem to be running like arse on modern machines.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5169 on: November 16, 2021, 07:48:17 pm »
GTA DE is the lowest scored game on Metacritic apparently.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5170 on: November 16, 2021, 09:13:05 pm »
Its worse than Cyberpunk on release. I played an hour or so of GTA SA, buggy as shit. Thank fuck it only came with gamepass.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Flaccid Bobby Fowler

• Supports the No To Racism campaign. Good lad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • *****In Istanbul, we won it 5 times*****
« Reply #5171 on: November 17, 2021, 08:51:21 am »
GTA 4 came out in 2009, GTA 5 came out in 2013 - four years in between. It's been 8 years, twice the cycle length and they throw out this mess, which means they are probably way behind schedule on GTA 6. It's a cash grab and it's absolutely a shit thing to do given the state of the actual remastered games. 

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5172 on: November 17, 2021, 09:04:04 am »
GTA 4 came out in 2009, GTA 5 came out in 2013 - four years in between. It's been 8 years, twice the cycle length and they throw out this mess, which means they are probably way behind schedule on GTA 6. It's a cash grab and it's absolutely a shit thing to do given the state of the actual remastered games. 

I have serious concerns about the direction Rockstar is heading in. Alot of the key people involved in those two games are long gone from the company and everything they're putting out recently (GTA Online, Red Dead Online, the Triolgy "remaster and GTA5 "remaster") just smacks of laziness and doing the absolute bare minimum to make as much profit as possible. The success of GTA 5 and the complete lack of any competition has made them complacent.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #5173 on: November 17, 2021, 10:02:01 am »
I have serious concerns about the direction Rockstar is heading in. Alot of the key people involved in those two games are long gone from the company and everything they're putting out recently (GTA Online, Red Dead Online, the Triolgy "remaster and GTA5 "remaster") just smacks of laziness and doing the absolute bare minimum to make as much profit as possible. The success of GTA 5 and the complete lack of any competition has made them complacent.

It is bizarre given how much money they make that they seem to be so lazy, and have such horrendous working conditions at times. You sense some other companies/developers have a real pride and passion for making great games (although there is a lot of laziness/sloppiness in the "AAA" industry of late). I don't understand why they can't combine the cash grab with putting out a top quality game.

The 8 year gap between GTA V and now (and it will probably be 10 years by the time we see GTA VI) is nuts, even allowing for the work on RDR2. They are literally making hundreds of millions of pounds from GTA Online.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 10:16:52 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5174 on: November 17, 2021, 10:09:07 am »
Quite sad actually.

I guess the warning signs have been there for a while, what with the obsession with GTA and Red Dead Online and the amount of money they're obviously making through that, for minimal effort, rather than prioritising new games. But to rush out three almost unplayable 'remasters' and then remove the original games from the market is just dreadful, and I hope it costs them a fuck tonne of money and customers.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #5175 on: November 17, 2021, 10:24:44 am »
Since GTA V was released (on PS3 :lmao) there have been:

7 major Assassins Creed releases
2 major Halo releases
Various major Mario releases (all the more if you consider Mario Kart, Smash Bros etc)
8 major Call of Duty releases
2 major God of War releases (with another one imminent)
3 major Tomb Raider releases
3 major Monster Hunter releases
3 major Far Cry releases

etc. I'm not saying that they're all good games etc but they're all major projects.

And from the GTA series we have a crappy remaster trilogy.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5176 on: November 17, 2021, 10:46:23 am »
This remaster, the latest Pro Evo and Cyberpunk have all been absolute disasters. Hopefully these big gaming companies learn a lesson or two.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5177 on: November 17, 2021, 02:09:56 pm »
Since GTA V was released (on PS3 :lmao) there have been:

7 major Assassins Creed releases
2 major Halo releases
Various major Mario releases (all the more if you consider Mario Kart, Smash Bros etc)
8 major Call of Duty releases
2 major God of War releases (with another one imminent)
3 major Tomb Raider releases
3 major Monster Hunter releases
3 major Far Cry releases

etc. I'm not saying that they're all good games etc but they're all major projects.

And from the GTA series we have a crappy remaster trilogy.

I don't think that's a good thing though. I mean yeah we are overdue a GTA, it's playable across 3 generations of consoles now since it released but alot of those franchises have been milked to death. Be nice to see new IP instead of another game in an existing franchise (AC, Far Cry, COD etc)

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5178 on: November 17, 2021, 02:31:21 pm »
It is bizarre given how much money they make that they seem to be so lazy, and have such horrendous working conditions at times. You sense some other companies/developers have a real pride and passion for making great games (although there is a lot of laziness/sloppiness in the "AAA" industry of late). I don't understand why they can't combine the cash grab with putting out a top quality game.

The 8 year gap between GTA V and now (and it will probably be 10 years by the time we see GTA VI) is nuts, even allowing for the work on RDR2. They are literally making hundreds of millions of pounds from GTA Online.

Main GTA games are always released a couple of years after the next generation consoles are out, the PS5 & latest XBox's have only been around for a year, only spin off from GTA V is online which i don't like, i've no doubt GTA VI is in the pipeline, it's a case of waiting 2 or 3 more years for release.
#Sausages

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5179 on: November 17, 2021, 03:12:52 pm »
It’s a tragedy. Rockstar have been making high quality games for almost two decades now. You could always rely on them for a great single player experience. The talk-radio stations alone were worth the price.
I actually feel offended. How ignorant do these developers think we are?

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5180 on: November 17, 2021, 04:42:00 pm »
I don't think that's a good thing though. I mean yeah we are overdue a GTA, it's playable across 3 generations of consoles now since it released but alot of those franchises have been milked to death. Be nice to see new IP instead of another game in an existing franchise (AC, Far Cry, COD etc)

I agree. The fact that Far Cry is on the list underlines this point. This is basically a reskin every year now. Assassins Creed isn't much better, but at least there is some variety.

I'm actually happy Rockstar got this feedback. The backlash from the community should tell them they cannot release whatever and expect support and admiration. I hope they will feel the pressure to restore some faith and announce GTA 6  ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #5181 on: November 17, 2021, 04:44:08 pm »

I wasn't really saying it was a positive that all those games had been released in terms of IP or even the quality of the games themselves. I don't play many of the games on that list (just AC really) and there are a host of other new releases of excellent quality since 2013. My point was more that other comparable studios have been able to produce a significant volume of titles in the last 8 years whilst there's barely a sniff of the next GTA. There's no real excuse for it, especially given Rockstar's revenues.

Main GTA games are always released a couple of years after the next generation consoles are out, the PS5 & latest XBox's have only been around for a year, only spin off from GTA V is online which i don't like, i've no doubt GTA VI is in the pipeline, it's a case of waiting 2 or 3 more years for release.

Not really sure that holds out? Can't be all that relevant for the original GTA which was presumably just released as soon as it was ready, and GTA 2 was released in 2000 which was 6 years after the PS came out. GTA 3 came out within 12 months of the PS2 with VC and SA following. Agree that GTA IV was released a couple of years after the PS3 but GTA V was released before the PS4 and equivalent XBOX, and there wasn't a GTA title purely for the last gen of consoles. Agree though that they've probably been waiting until the PS5 and new Xbox before the next release but I don't feel that they need another 2-3 years ;D

However you look at it, 8-10 years between titles is lazy and complacent. I mean they could make a very similar game with new missions in a different location and it would still be great.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 04:46:54 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5182 on: November 18, 2021, 09:49:21 pm »
If they released any information whatsoever, or even just said "Yes we have a team developing it", that would do me.

I genuinely think they're not doing very much at all, maybe a meeting now and then to kick around ideas, whilst morons pour money into GTA online.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5183 on: November 18, 2021, 09:56:37 pm »
GTA VI's going to take longer than Chinese Democracy at this rate

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #5184 on: November 18, 2021, 10:17:06 pm »
GTA VI's going to take longer than Chinese Democracy at this rate

😂🤣and just as bad
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5185 on: November 19, 2021, 08:11:51 am »
😂🤣and just as bad

Dunno. I think Rdr2 was their best game. An achievement in a lot of ways that matter

But it's not the same company as even then. They're a Hauser down.

Where are the awkward business decisions coming from? This Trilogy, they even kept it under wraps implying they knew about the problems.

The GTAV online money obsession.

A game is more than one person at the top leading it, but you only have to look at Cyberpunk to see devs and QA being overruled by the men at the top to produce a disastrous game.

I sort of fear for their decision making process. With their income they really could do anything. So it says a lot about the choices they do make.

Still haven't been refunded for the Trilogy. They're ignoring my emails in the support chain now. I went to Xolla directly last night (their payment processer). Lesson learned.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5186 on: November 19, 2021, 09:23:50 am »

Where are the awkward business decisions coming from?

The parent company probably.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5187 on: November 19, 2021, 09:34:08 am »
I dont even mind them taking their time on GTA 6, but it seems pretty clear there's less ambition to get it out particularly quickly because they're raking it in with the old cash grab of the microtransactions in GTA Online and doubled down on it with a fucking woeful 'remaster' which has massively embarrassed them. They've done quite quickly from a video game company who 'do things differently' to one just as bad as the likes of EA and CD Projekt.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5188 on: November 19, 2021, 09:40:43 am »
Cyberpunk made a bit more sense because CDPR had investors breathing down their necks. Rockstar had no constraints, they have more money and resources than god. They had everything they needed to create a wonderful, staggeringly beautiful remaster, and they still would have made massive profits. It's such a wasted opportunity, these games deserved better. And it's not even that the remaster is lacklustre, it's that it looks like a single QA tester didn't even glance at it before they stuck their name and a £50 price tag on it, removing the original trilogy (it was available for under a tenner until recently) in the process as a final "fuck you" to its fans.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 09:44:50 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5189 on: November 19, 2021, 09:43:10 am »
I can't even be arsed to pirate it. That's pretty bad.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5190 on: November 19, 2021, 10:49:01 am »
And then you replay games like Max Payne 3 and remember the good ol’ days. Shooting mechanics are excellent, both the writing and story are excellent, it’s just a really solid game. It does make you think why they weren’t able to release a similar linear-type game during the PS4 era? As others have said, with their abundance of resources it’s pathetic really.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5191 on: November 19, 2021, 02:41:10 pm »
I was enjoying the fuck out of it, but I’m on the flying bit and that did my head in originally, Back when I had reactions.  I’d throw the controller if they weren’t £50 a pop.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5192 on: November 19, 2021, 02:51:28 pm »
And then you replay games like Max Payne 3 and remember the good ol’ days. Shooting mechanics are excellent, both the writing and story are excellent, it’s just a really solid game. It does make you think why they weren’t able to release a similar linear-type game during the PS4 era? As others have said, with their abundance of resources it’s pathetic really.

I'd say they should remake Max Payne, but considering how they managed to fuck up rain in GTA I'm not sure I'd trust them with bullet time and dead baby blood mazes.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5193 on: November 19, 2021, 03:03:48 pm »
I was enjoying the fuck out of it, but I’m on the flying bit and that did my head in originally, Back when I had reactions.  I’d throw the controller if they weren’t £50 a pop.

Learn to fly Carl.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5194 on: November 19, 2021, 03:06:45 pm »
Learn to fly Carl.

Hahaha. I got my pilots license, I still can’t fly, what does that tell you about the licensing authorities ? 

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5195 on: November 19, 2021, 04:23:13 pm »
I'd say they should remake Max Payne, but considering how they managed to fuck up rain in GTA I'm not sure I'd trust them with bullet time and dead baby blood mazes.

I hate that maze. That's the only time I used cheats in the first game, to skip that level
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5196 on: November 20, 2021, 08:12:59 am »
Rockstar have now addressed “ the unexpected technical issues that came to light as part of the launch of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – The Definitive Edition.” (I’m not making this up. It’s an actual quote). It just sums up the current state of large parts of the gaming industry: release  half-arsed, unfinished games. IF the game is poorly received, promise updates and patches. Count your money from pre-orders and move on to the next scam.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5197 on: November 20, 2021, 09:05:35 am »
unless you want a physical copy to arrive on the day of release I can't really see why anyone would pre-order these days.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5198 on: November 20, 2021, 09:56:39 am »
got my refund anyway

back to modded GTAV

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5199 on: February 4, 2022, 03:12:13 pm »
Rockstar confirm they're "well underway" with active development on a new GTA:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/ak73k92o47ko75/grand-theft-auto-community-update