Author Topic: The I'm a fat bastard and trying to lose weight thread aka JoeyC's skiving zone  (Read 480740 times)

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dropped from 112kg to 95kg by cutting out booze on weeknights and no longer eating breakfast, still losing just under a kilo a week if I stick to it, although it's slowing down. Not really sure what my target weight is, I'll let the mirror be the judge of that but I reckon about 85kg (I'm 6'3"). Booze was definitely my problem.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I’m off the booze at the moment, trying to only eat between 12-8 and broadly sticking to it.

Haven’t had time to do any exercise this week though which probably hasn’t helped.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget

Will be drinking though.

Will have to re-think that

drank way too much last night meaning feeling a little hung over this morning. The only way to get jump started for a hard work day is a 3 egg cheese omelet topped off with a can of baked beans

realising its hard to be consistent if you have drinks from time to time

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Will have to re-think that

drank way too much last night meaning feeling a little hung over this morning. The only way to get jump started for a hard work day is a 3 egg cheese omelet topped off with a can of baked beans

realising its hard to be consistent if you have drinks from time to time

Not only does drinking impact on the rest of your diet, but work out how many calories you actually consumed in alcohol last night - if it was enough to make you hungover I guess it was fair few.

There are over 200 calories in your average pint. That's anywhere between 5-10% of your daily allowance. In one drink. Without any nutritional value.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Not only does drinking impact on the rest of your diet, but work out how many calories you actually consumed in alcohol last night - if it was enough to make you hungover I guess it was fair few.

There are over 200 calories in your average pint. That's anywhere between 5-10% of your daily allowance. In one drink. Without any nutritional value.

thanks. Just looked it up

basically about three vodkas - about 200 calories
three glasses of wine - 400 calories

sheesh - 600 pointless calories

yep, I see your point. Thanks.

Also a bit worn out this morning so not really wanting to exercise either

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
Weighed myself on Jan 4th this year and was at 83.2kg.

81.2kg this morning. It's a start. Nice to see the effort so far having an impact.

Got out and did about 13,000 steps today. Ended up with a kebab for lunch while we were out which wasn't ideal, but I've factored it into my calorie allowance for the day and made it (just about) fit.

Had a go on the skipping rope a couple of days ago as well. Only 20 minutes, but my calves were fucked this morning. If ever there was a sign that I've been getting lazy it's the body reacting like that.

Anyway, we go again tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2022, 12:50:10 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline AndyInVA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Anyone recommend a calorie counter app

Just downloaded one that seemed free. Then find out it’s $40 a year subscription

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble

Just downloaded one that seemed free. Then find out it’s $40 a year subscription

MyFitnessPal is the obvious answer. The only one I've used as well, to be honest.
Twitter | Blog

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Another vote for myfitnesspal. It's American, so you'll get cups, oz's and what the fuck Zucchinis are ;)
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Went from 16st 1lb to 16st 13lbs ;D

Been on the South Beach phase one since last Tuesday, low carb and eating chicken, fish and loads of salad and green veg, back down to 16st 3lbs and feeling so much better and oddly sleeping better, aiming for 14st 7lb by about May/June time.

Down to 16st exactly today, so well happy with that. Also walked 55 miles so far this month, roughly 4 miles a day we are doing.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Another vote for myfitnesspal. It's American, so you'll get cups, oz's and what the fuck Zucchinis are ;)

Seconded (or thirded!). It’s got a barcode scanner too so you don’t have to search for the food item or enter the calories manually…
Believer

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I use Lifesum with premium sub. It’s very good, also has a barcode scanner and comes with diet plans, weight loss tracking and goals and recommendations based on intake levels and food type. You can connect it with activity tracking apps also.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
81.2kg this morning. It's a start. Nice to see the effort so far having an impact.

Got out and did about 13,000 steps today. Ended up with a kebab for lunch while we were out which wasn't ideal, but I've factored it into my calorie allowance for the day and made it (just about) fit.

Had a go on the skipping rope a couple of days ago as well. Only 20 minutes, but my calves were fucked this morning. If ever there was a sign that I've been getting lazy it's the body reacting like that.

Anyway, we go again tomorrow.

Bought a 1 lb. jump rope for Christmas, first time I used it, 10 sets of 20 with 1 min rest, not at all heavy work load, calves were sore for more than a week after. But because you have so much calf musculature from when you were younger and more active, they snap back into shape well after subsequent workouts.

Loving the 1 lb. rope, really brings  the back and shoulders into things, highly recommend using one of them if you continue rope jumping...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Right I've gone and got myself a personal trainer.

I need the discipline. I know how to work out, I know what foods are good and bad, I know that pure "weight loss" is all about CICO but I just don't have the discipline. Working at my desk all day, log off at 6-7 and I can't be fucked exercising so I plonk in front of the telly or games console. Some days I don't even do 1000 steps. I just live in front of screens.

So I've signed up to a(nother) nice gym, Nuffied this time, and I've hired a PT. One session a week.

So far its the end of the first month and I've not really lost any timber, but I've not sorted the diet out. Too many nights out in the calendar and when I go out, its lager and a takeway.

But I do find myself enjoying the gym more and his workouts kill me. Hopefully there'll be a tipping point and I'll start to see a difference soon.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

• Legacy Fan
Right I've gone and got myself a personal trainer.

I need the discipline. I know how to work out, I know what foods are good and bad, I know that pure "weight loss" is all about CICO but I just don't have the discipline. Working at my desk all day, log off at 6-7 and I can't be fucked exercising so I plonk in front of the telly or games console. Some days I don't even do 1000 steps. I just live in front of screens.

So I've signed up to a(nother) nice gym, Nuffied this time, and I've hired a PT. One session a week.

So far its the end of the first month and I've not really lost any timber, but I've not sorted the diet out. Too many nights out in the calendar and when I go out, its lager and a takeway.

But I do find myself enjoying the gym more and his workouts kill me. Hopefully there'll be a tipping point and I'll start to see a difference soon.

Have you tried working out before work? Obviously not for everyone, but it helps get it out the way, is one thing less to worry about, and can give you a good "pick me up".
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Have you tried working out before work? Obviously not for everyone, but it helps get it out the way, is one thing less to worry about, and can give you a good "pick me up".

Yeah I've been a member of about 10 gyms in the past 13 years ;D I sign up, go for a month or two, something happens to get me out of my rhythm and I never get back into it.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
Yeah I've been a member of about 10 gyms in the past 13 years ;D I sign up, go for a month or two, something happens to get me out of my rhythm and I never get back into it.

Think Cush was referring specifically to the particular time of day being a way of breaking your track record of broken rhythms...

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR

Oh sorry mate I totally misread this. I thought you were just asking if I've worked out before, missed the word "work".

I'm really really not a morning person. Can't think of owt worse. I'd much rather go when it is late and have a late night.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Think Cush was referring specifically to the particular time of day being a way of breaking your track record of broken rhythms...

Yeah maybe I should work out my eyes too ;D

Online afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
Yeah maybe I should work out my eyes too ;D

:D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
How’s everyone doing?

I’ve just started My Fitness Pal again for the first time in years. Might as well try and be more accountable with what I eat. Quick question - it’s tracking my steps automatically so deducts a few calories there. Does that mean I don’t need to log it as exercise as well?

What about when I go for runs? Presumably I’ll burn a lot more there so do you log runs separately? Don’t want to double count anything!

Offline mattybeard

• Chicken Fondler. Group hug? Anyone?
  • Anny Roader
I'm jumping in here for accountability too, best thing I can do is be transparent I think.

I've started using NutraCheck, it's paid for but it's working so far for me and it's really made me re-assess the way I look at food and meals. What I thought was a healthy meal 6 months ago really wasn't. One thing I was shocked at was cereal - particularly those ones you think (or I thought) may be a little bit healthier.

4 weeks in, 13 lb's down - 87lbs to go.

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
How’s everyone doing?

I’ve just started My Fitness Pal again for the first time in years. Might as well try and be more accountable with what I eat. Quick question - it’s tracking my steps automatically so deducts a few calories there. Does that mean I don’t need to log it as exercise as well?

What about when I go for runs? Presumably I’ll burn a lot more there so do you log runs separately? Don’t want to double count anything!

I think that depends on the *thing* tracking the steps.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.

My mother called me fat the other day. On Mother`s Day. Perhaps she thought she had a free hit? It was rather annoying as she is a wee round ball at this stage in her life, but she often does it, commenting on friends: "oh i saw your pal the other day, he`s fair put the pounds on". Obviously projecting.

I`m 5`7" and 11 stone. When i stood up she said "oh your jumper must just have runkled up".
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Joined a new gym at the weekend and went for the first time yesterday (left our previous one about a year ago). Was about 16 stone when we went last, walked past the scales yesterday and thought I'd jump on....18 fucking stone

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
I'm jumping in here for accountability too, best thing I can do is be transparent I think.

I've started using NutraCheck, it's paid for but it's working so far for me and it's really made me re-assess the way I look at food and meals. What I thought was a healthy meal 6 months ago really wasn't. One thing I was shocked at was cereal - particularly those ones you think (or I thought) may be a little bit healthier.

4 weeks in, 13 lb's down - 87lbs to go.
are you trying to lose a total of 100 lbs?

No, not here to make fun, just surprised and more to the point, best of luck.

a good loss so far
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Aye I'm back on myfitnesspal too, had a real moment the other day.

Found a calendar I got a fair few years ago now that tracks your weight and exercise etc. I got it as I was 189lbs and wanted to get in shape.

Well as a 219lb man now, I was absolutely fucking devastated.

Two days in, a few thousand more to go.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I’ve kind of given up on it already. :D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Aye I'm back on myfitnesspal too, had a real moment the other day.

Found a calendar I got a fair few years ago now that tracks your weight and exercise etc. I got it as I was 189lbs and wanted to get in shape.

Well as a 219lb man now, I was absolutely fucking devastated.

Two days in, a few thousand more to go.
after you lose 100 what will you weigh? Sounds very low

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
I don't want to lose 100lbs pal, that would leave me at 8 stone 7 - wowza.

I'm probably aiming for 168lbs which is 12 stone and take it from there. Thats what I was when I went to Uni anyway and I was the fat one of the group then. Now I'm about 15 and a half stone.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I don't want to lose 100lbs pal, that would leave me at 8 stone 7 - wowza.

I'm probably aiming for 168lbs which is 12 stone and take it from there. Thats what I was when I went to Uni anyway and I was the fat one of the group then. Now I'm about 15 and a half stone.
quoted the wrong person. Apologies

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Oh yeah I just read up, 100lbs is a hell of an aim, hope its within healthy parameters.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Oh yeah I just read up, 100lbs is a hell of an aim, hope its within healthy parameters.
yeah i wish them all the best with that

i know I am about that much heavier than when i was 16 with a lean stomach. about 12 stone at time

though the way muscle devlops and still with some height and growing to do, if i was that weight again now I would look anorexic, id be stick and bone

15 would be my ideal weight now i reckon

Offline mattybeard

• Anny Roader
are you trying to lose a total of 100 lbs?

No, not here to make fun, just surprised and more to the point, best of luck.

a good loss so far

Yeah my aim is to lose a total of 100lbs - I'm still chipping away, hit 21lb loss this week.

A total loss of 100lb will leave me at 224lbs (16st) which is what I weighed when I started uni at 18 (15 years ago). I thought the 100lb number is a nice round number that works perfectly me for me to chip away. I'm totally sure that my ultimate target will change in time but right now I'm working towards that, just so I know the scale of what I need to achieve.

Offline Lalesa

• Kemlynite
I'm also working on losing weight. It is harder than I thought. I'm currently using Kombucha tea for this purpose. I read here https://betterme.world/articles/kombucha-weight-loss/ that I can also accrue a lot of health gains. This tea contains essential substances such as antioxidants and polyphenols, which have been associated with weight loss, so I hope for a good result. Did anyone try it?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 03:05:54 pm by Lalesa »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Can't stand any type of tea. I'd rather drink petrol. In terms of beneficial weight loss liquids - my money is on apple cider vinegar. :)

• Legacy Fan
I'm also working on losing weight. It is harder than I thought. I'm currently using Kombucha tea for this purpose. I read that I can also accrue a lot of health gains. This tea contains essential substances such as antioxidants and polyphenols, which have been associated with weight loss, so I hope for a good result. Did anyone try it?

I mean it might have marginal weight loss benefits but as with most things like that, it's only going to work if you're on a calorie deficit. Just adding Kombucha to your life isn't going to magically make you lose any weight.

Offline eddymunster

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I mean it might have marginal weight loss benefits but as with most things like that, it's only going to work if you're on a calorie deficit. Just adding Kombucha to your life isn't going to magically make you lose any weight.

This is the be all and end all. Replace the word Kombucha with, Keto, Atkins, Paleo, intermittent fasting, "fat burners" etc, it's all the same, without a calorie deficit, you are not losing weight.

Calories, calories, calories.

I lost 4 stone from counting calories without skipping a single friday night takeaway. nutrition professor Mark Haub lost weight on a diet solely consisting of twinkies, doritos & oreos (27lb in 2 months) because he was in a calorie deficit for gods sake.

I'd imagine Mark Haub felt like shit admittedly, but it shows that if you stick to a calorie deficit, you WILL lose weight.

Prob been posted before, but;

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 12:01:30 pm by eddymunster »
Brexit (n) - "The undefined being negotiated by the unprepared in order to get the unspecified for the uninformed."

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
In the last couple of weeks I've pulled my back doing a deadlift in the gym and managed to land myself with Plantar Fascitis (which I hadn't ever heard of previously).

Basically means I now can't work out in the gym, I can't run, jog, jump, skip - even walking is an issue.

Fucking demoralising having got right back into things and really enjoying it.

Just focusing on retaining the diet at the moment, and doing anything possible to sort my foot/back out.
Twitter | Blog

Online .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Got back from holiday earlier in the year and weighed in the heaviest I've ever been: 14st 6lbs.

Weighed in at 13st 2lb this morning after being on the 5:2 diet for the past 18 weeks or so. Feeling good about my progress and hoping to get to the 13st mark before my holiday in November.

Once back from holiday, I'm going to try to adopt a healthier, long-term approach to eating as the 5:2 isn't sustainable for me. What I have noticed is that even on my non fasting days, my appetite is nowhere near as voracious as it was so I should be able to reduce the volume of what I was eating.