Author Topic: Further proof that Matt Le Tissier is a cock  (Read 22970 times)

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Further proof that Matt Le Tissier is a cock
« Reply #40 on: September 4, 2009, 12:19:19 am »
Don't see much wrong here.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #41 on: September 4, 2009, 12:19:20 am »
I'm sure I read somewhere that he's from the Channel Islands and so Southampton was ideal for him or something like that.

Personally I believe he couldn't cut the mustard anywhere else - not exactly a worker like Rushie was he?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: September 4, 2009, 12:26:53 am »
Don't see much wrong here.

Why not? Don't you mind footballers focusing on getting the ball out of play and losing possession just so that they can earn more money?

Its a bit ridiculous to be honest and a terrible attitude. Any player that did this would lose all respect in the game.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: September 4, 2009, 12:28:57 am »
Why not? Don't you mind footballers focusing on getting the ball out of play and losing possession just so that they can earn more money?

Its a bit ridiculous to be honest and a terrible attitude. Any player that did this would lose all respect in the game.

It was ages ago, and there wasn't anywhere near as much money in football then as there is now. I just see this as a way to get digs in on him. Fair enough to him for admitting to it. Still don't like him though.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: September 4, 2009, 12:35:42 am »
It was ages ago, and there wasn't anywhere near as much money in football then as there is now. I just see this as a way to get digs in on him. Fair enough to him for admitting to it. Still don't like him though.

He was still earning around 3-4k a week. Ok thats not even close to what he would be earning these days, but its still a brilliant wage.

Just greed to be honest and a disregard of the game. What if, from losing possession, the ball was hit up the field and they conceded a goal. You would like to think that when footballers go into a match they are doing so to represent the club that pays them, rather than just settling some of their personal bets.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: September 4, 2009, 12:42:41 am »

He mentioned four figure sums being involved in the betting so that was big money for his day.

Giving the ball away to the opposition to win a bet, pathetic IMO. No matter how miniscule it seems, its not the right attitude and not what fans pay for.

I wonder how we'd react if our talisman was giving away throw ins to win money. Rawk meltdown.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #46 on: September 4, 2009, 02:00:03 am »
Well he's a huge cock of a man anyway so this is hardly surprising, just about sums him up, the fuckwit couldn't even put the ball out properly.

Scored some cracking goals of course but i've often wondered just how good he really was, sure the talent was there but i'm not sure the application and desire was, this goes a long way to proving that.

People don't work there asses off all week so they can afford to go to a game to watch an overpaid prima donna kick a ball into touch to win a bet, fucking knob.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2009, 02:01:45 am by gritsvanilla »

Offline StuH

• Legacy Fan
  • Dalglish's marching army!
« Reply #47 on: September 4, 2009, 09:15:25 am »
The fact he couldn't see anything wrong with it says a lot about him IMO.
He's a manipulative bastard. Another deliberate attempt to put pressure on people in the game, which he thinks he'll get away with because of his "standing" in the game and his fucking knighthood.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: September 4, 2009, 10:06:33 am »
I must admit I found the article funny, because it's exactly the sort of behavior which I'd expect from a knob jockey like Le Tissier. The only let down was the fact that he didn't fail in his endevour, because the thought of him getting knee capped gives me great pleasure.

Err, he did fail.

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #49 on: September 4, 2009, 11:11:27 am »
I dont really like Le Tiss based on seeing him on Sky Sports, he irritates me but I dont hate him or anything the way I do Paul Merson! Le Tiss was a good player though, scored some fucking amazing goals, especially the one against Newcastle when he backheeled it over his head for his first touch, the freekick when he flicked the ball up as it came to him and volleyed it was special as well. He was amazing on his day. Good record at taking pens as well, how many did he miss in his whole career? Was only 1 wasnt it? Not sure. Good player, bit of a dick though.

As for what he said about the throw in things, its wrong, very wrong but what can you do about it? Im sure it still goes on today.
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline kopk1w1

• Loved the freedom, hated the responsibility.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: September 4, 2009, 11:24:46 am »
Who on here, or in life generally would not take advantage of some info to make a few quid, no matter how much you earn, it's human nature.

Happens every day in all walks of life, doesn't make it right, but to get heated over it is pointless.

When they get caught, throw several books at them, and they can have no reason for complaint.

And yes, he is still among the people that will be against the wall when the revolution comes.
"Hands up who knows what way we're kicking ?"

(Rafa Benitez – Half time.
Ataturk Stadium. Istanbul.
25th May 2005)

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: September 4, 2009, 11:43:40 am »
Don't need any proof.

Offline carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: September 4, 2009, 11:49:34 am »
I never thought he was a cock to be honest (I rarely watch Sky Sports).

But seriously after reading that ... what a cock!

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #53 on: September 4, 2009, 12:19:36 pm »
You can't be serious?

He spent the first couple of minutes of the game trying to kick the ball out of touch....and if he hadn't, he admits he would of spent the remainder of the game worrying about getting kneecapped.

Whether he was trying to affect the scoring outcome of the match is 100% entirely irrelevant!!

It's a disgrace, and I would say the same if one of our own players past or present did the same.

At last some sense
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #54 on: September 4, 2009, 02:18:18 pm »
He'll probably get some stick on Soccer Saturday for 5 mins and that'll be about it. Paul Merson won't say anything though. In fact  i'd bet his house on it if he actually still owned one.

Always wondered why Le Tissier never moved on from Southampton. There must of been interest in him. Were'nt we linked to him in the mid 90's? Then again maybe he just enjoyed being a big fish in a small pond.

Offline Throxenby

• Has a date with Fat Frank sometime in 2007
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: September 4, 2009, 02:23:28 pm »
how would yer know if he'd of got kneecapped ? fat little bastard never ran anyway. find ity inexcuseable hes allowed to talk about top flight footy, cos his ambition was as limited as his punditry.
God bless the skywashed for they know not what they do.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #56 on: September 4, 2009, 02:28:05 pm »
What a bellend. Seems harmless enough on the surface, but what if the oppo had scored from the throw in? Imagine the uproar if that happened to us.

It makes him an even bigger bellend that he couldn't manage to kick the ball out of play too.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: September 4, 2009, 02:28:22 pm »
Always wondered why Le Tissier never moved on from Southampton. There must of been interest in him.

i posted earlier that chelsea nearly signed him in the mid90s but they pulled out

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #58 on: September 4, 2009, 02:35:15 pm »
i posted earlier that chelsea nearly signed him in the mid90s but they pulled out

just seen it. Dunno how i missed that :/

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #59 on: September 4, 2009, 03:04:52 pm »
Carlton Palmer got more England caps than Le Tissier.

I just looked up his wiki entry and got this:

In the run up to 1998 FIFA World Cup, he scored a hat-trick in a game for England B; despite this, he was controversially overlooked by manager Glenn Hoddle for the final squad.

This makes sense. Glenda was well known for always wanting to be the best player in training, even as a manager. Le Tiss would have screwed that.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #60 on: September 4, 2009, 03:20:25 pm »
For those who are saying that they don't see what is wrong with this, mind explaining yourselves further?

Agreed, reading the article, it is funny, but that's beside the point.

Offline BIGdavalad

• Major Malfunction. Yearns To Be A Crab! MOD Agony Aunt. Dulldream Believer. Is the proud owner of a one year old login time.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: September 4, 2009, 05:49:59 pm »
Le Tissier, who now makes a living as a popular pundit

You shouldn't be allowed to lie like that in the media.
Joining Betfair? Use the referral code UHHFL6VHG and we'll both get some extra cash.

All of the above came from my head unless otherwise stated. If you have been affected by the issues raised by my post, please feel free to contact us on 0800 1234567 and we will send you an information pack on manning the fuck up.

Offline Samee

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: September 4, 2009, 06:26:25 pm »
You would like to think that when footballers go into a match they are doing so to represent the club that pays them, rather than just settling some of their personal bets.

Fair enough.
@Samee
In Leicester?

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #63 on: September 4, 2009, 07:09:13 pm »
This was common place when spread betting first came in.

An ex-Newcastle centre forward made a similar arrnagement at Southampton and one of my mates got in on it. They kicked off and twatted the ball into the stand.

In the story Le Tissier tells, he doesn't mention the Wimbledon captain but I hope it was the squeaky clean Robbie Earle.

Offline RedStevie1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: September 4, 2009, 07:12:28 pm »
Lovely guy.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #65 on: September 4, 2009, 09:57:18 pm »
Funny? Sorry, but focusing on who has a 1 pound coin in their hands while we're defending corners in the last minute against the likes of Coventry in 1997 instead of the actual fucken conrner isnt funny at all. It's fucken disgraceful and an insult to every Reds fan or ex player.

It's also the reason why we're still on 18 league titles. If the likes of Ruddock and his pals had any sort of professionalism, we'd have walked the league every season under Evans.

I don't find Ruddocks gme funny either. Glad/hope those days are long gone.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Red_Skippy

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • Facebook
« Reply #66 on: September 5, 2009, 10:17:41 am »
I would like to hedge my bets that  players from every club are in on some kind of fixing eb it big or small.
I think I love football more than woman...

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #67 on: September 5, 2009, 11:22:54 am »
Funny as, lighten up.

I'd love to see video of that match, 1st two minutes at least.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: September 5, 2009, 01:22:45 pm »
Was speaking with a mate about this yesterday, he found it quite funny and not a bad way of making some money. After all they are not on millions back then, well thats was his view on things, personally I think it's all relative, back then they were still on a damn site more than any of us.

I told him about the Ruddock situation, one which had heard before, he then changed his attitude about Le Tissier. I guess it's ok and kind of funny.. until it involves your own club.

Personally I think he is a twat for how he is these days, but a fantastic player in his day who I enjoyed watching.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: September 5, 2009, 01:24:07 pm »
I would like to hedge my bets that  players from every club are in on some kind of fixing eb it big or small.

Enough of them hit the bottle and bookies when there days are up, just get more time to do so than when they were playing. I'd have to agree with you.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2009, 11:20:37 am »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/8250042.stm

;D

''In his autobiography, Taking Le Tiss, he admitted gambling on the time of the first throw-in in Southampton's 2-0 win at Wimbledon in April 1995.''

Le Shit is brining out an autobiography? Oh my that will be shit 'I was the big fish in the small pond'

Offline Fluro Kaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2009, 11:34:00 am »
For those who are saying that they don't see what is wrong with this, mind explaining yourselves further?

Agreed, reading the article, it is funny, but that's beside the point.
I see that its "wrong" but not really that serious, If liverpool were middle lower table side and I had the chance to play for em on smaller wages than alot of footballers and had a chance to do this...I would....wouldnt fuck it up either  ;)

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2009, 11:53:51 am »
Le Shit is brining out an autobiography? Oh my that will be shit 'I was the big fish in the small pond'

its already out - been out for about 2 weeks now

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #74 on: September 11, 2009, 11:59:37 am »
its already out - been out for about 2 weeks now

Have you read it or is that a silly question? Bet it is crap.

Offline JohnBarnesBigToe

• Legacy Fan
  • We decide when it's over
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2009, 03:15:03 pm »
This was common place when spread betting first came in.

An ex-Newcastle centre forward made a similar arrnagement at Southampton and one of my mates got in on it. They kicked off and twatted the ball into the stand.

In the story Le Tissier tells, he doesn't mention the Wimbledon captain but I hope it was the squeaky clean Robbie Earle.

I remember this happening quite alot during the 90's to the extent that at one match I was either watching or listening to on the radio, even the commentator made a snide remark about what was going on.
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques". Bill Shankly

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2009, 03:42:28 pm »
Have you read it or is that a silly question? Bet it is crap.

have no interest in giving the prick money (or even reading a stray copy), but knowing that he's fucked up by admitting this in his book makes me want to read it a little bit more

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2009, 03:46:58 pm »
I remember this happening quite alot during the 90's to the extent that at one match I was either watching or listening to on the radio, even the commentator made a snide remark about what was going on.

Was it a West Ham game? I think I can remember Fat Frank not bring able to take a kick off for West Ham properly for a few weeks without launching it straight into touch? (possibly explains why the West Ham fans don't like him much too?)
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #78 on: September 11, 2009, 03:53:32 pm »
Was it a West Ham game? I think I can remember Fat Frank not bring able to take a kick off for West Ham properly for a few weeks without launching it straight into touch? (possibly explains why the West Ham fans don't like him much too?)
Did the ball take any deflections on its way?

Offline RyanBabelsFish

• used2bee1101
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: September 11, 2009, 04:11:30 pm »
Le Tissier had great natural talent, no doubt about it, but never possessed the hunger or drive to make the most of that talent. He was also too wooden to ever be truly mobile, hence why he worked so hard on his volleying. I think Saints suited him perfectly because had he gone elsewhere the team would not have been built around him and he'd have had to work as well as look fancy. It's also much easier to stand out in a team full of technically inferior players.
My Tips @ www.inside-bet.com

RH: "You're under pressure as manager of Liverpool if you lose two games at any point in the season and we've already lost, five I think, out of eight, or is it four?"