Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 165677 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #1160 on: May 7, 2023, 05:44:25 pm »
Ideally I’d tell them to fuck off and actually leave. The problem is Sky actually have me by the balls, my parents and wife all watch a lot of Indian TV (it’s all my parents watch) and Sky have very good offering of Indian channels where as Virgins is pretty poor by comparison. Plus my dad is going through chemotherapy at the moment so doesn’t really leave the house so relies on the TV to keep him entertained so I can’t be without Sky, we even recently got an extra Sky box so he can watch TV in bed as he spends about 23 hours of the day there, other then that we have a very basic package, no cinema or sports or anything like that.
Ah sorry to hear about your Dad and understandable reasons why you stick with them.

My Mam lives alone, has dementia and watches the TV pretty much all day as she doesn't really go out much now we stopped her from driving.

She has the old box and pays about £125 a month for just the basic Sky package including multiroomz Sky fibre broadband and telephone which is a rip off but because she know how to use the Sky box we are reluctant to change it at the moment
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1161 on: May 7, 2023, 07:33:19 pm »
same, not bothered with anything apart from the Apple TV, I have another one free from Barclaycard too, which I'll activate once the Sky one runs out, that one included 6 month of other Apple offerings too
The Premier League tickets just like anything else decent is impossible to win (it feels like).

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1162 on: June 11, 2023, 07:41:51 pm »
I've been with Sky 18 months and out of contract.

I called up their retention team twice over the past few weeks to try get the best renewal possible. When I joined I was paying £65/month which included Sky Signature, SkySports HD and UHD, BT Sport and Netflix Premium. I was using NOW TV for my broadband (£20/month) which Sky own.

I spent an hour on the phone yesterday with their retention team and after my best haggling efforts, was quoted £73 which included Sky Signature, SkySports HD and UHD, Netflix Premium and Sky Broadband. If I want to add BT Sport when the PL starts it will be an extra £25, taking the total to £98!

I decided to take SkySports off for now seeing as theres no football anyway, meaning I'm paying £32/month. The sales agent told me if I call before the PL starts, I might be able to get SkySports and BT Sport at a reduced price as they usually run special offers.

I don't want to be paying £98 a month when the season starts again and wondering if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to try get more money off my package? Is it true if I decided to cancel, I would get a call within a few weeks from Sky offering me a much better deal? I heard that this is not 100% the case as only a selected few people get the call after being picked out by a random ballot.

I have 30 days to cancel if I need to.

If I can get them down to £80/month for everything i'd be happy!

Any help would be really appreciated!

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1163 on: June 12, 2023, 07:03:05 am »
Retentions are smarter than they used to be. You’ve said that you’ve called them twice but you’ve not actually cancelled. They can usually tell the difference between someone who genuinely wants to cancel and someone who’s got no intention of cancelling and just wants to blag a better price.

You need to ring them back and tell them that you don’t want to downgrade any services because you use them but the cost is too expensive. It’s also worth having in hand competitor prices. Price up the same package from BT (and Virgin if it’s available in your area) and have those prices to hand.

You need to be prepared to put the cancellation in and wait for the call back from retentions.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #1164 on: June 12, 2023, 08:35:58 am »
I managed to get them down twice before reluctantly agreeing to last offer of £32 (but will need to add SkySports and BT Sport in a few months).

I'm just worried that if I do ring them again and cancel, they don't call me back..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 08:39:12 am by Danny Singh »

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1165 on: June 12, 2023, 10:33:25 am »
I managed to get them down twice before reluctantly agreeing to last offer of £32 (but will need to add SkySports and BT Sport in a few months).

I'm just worried that if I do ring them again and cancel, they don't call me back..

You need to cancel if you're not being offered anything half decent.  The worst that can happen is you ring them back within the 30 day cancellation period and tell them that you don't want to cancel.

I have Sky Signature, HD and Sky Sports HD.  That went up to about £55 from £34 and was offered £42 (I think) when I rang up.  Put my cancellation in and was then contacted with an offer of £31.

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #1166 on: June 12, 2023, 12:06:41 pm »
I've just called Sky and cancelled (mentioned BT offering me the Big Sport + Fibre 1 package at £75/month.

The best they could offer me was £98 for Sky Signature, Broadband, SkySports HD + UHD, BT Sport in HD and Netflix Premium.

I've got 30 days to now play the waiting game and hope they call me back with a better price.

Would you guys say this is the right route to go down?

If they don't call me, I've got until July 12th to call back and not cancel..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2023, 12:13:45 pm by Danny Singh »

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #1167 on: June 12, 2023, 12:56:53 pm »
I'd tell them to shove it anyway. Not had sky for the best part of 20 years and never missed it. 

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1168 on: June 12, 2023, 02:00:39 pm »
I've just called Sky and cancelled (mentioned BT offering me the Big Sport + Fibre 1 package at £75/month.

The best they could offer me was £98 for Sky Signature, Broadband, SkySports HD + UHD, BT Sport in HD and Netflix Premium.

I've got 30 days to now play the waiting game and hope they call me back with a better price.

Check talk talk as well & then sign up for another service & ask them to let Sky know, Sky will then phone you up within days and offer you a better deal, usually much better.

You have to sign up for another provider though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #1169 on: June 12, 2023, 09:00:27 pm »
What other service and why would they inform Sky?

Signing up to another provider and then having to cancel seems extra work, unless it's guaranteed to work.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1170 on: June 12, 2023, 09:09:15 pm »

If you want to retain the same package I reckon you're being offered the best they'll come down to. They really are hard-ball c*nts.
Also, I'd recommend taking the best sports deal now rather than waiting - I waited last year and they wouldn't give the the rate they offered when I joined.
As I say, c*nts mate.

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1171 on: June 13, 2023, 02:15:39 pm »

Yes stick with it, if they don't contact you within the next week or two then ring them back, or go on a web chat.  I always do this and I know a lot of people who use this tactic, never failed yet.  Worst that can happen is you ring back before your cancellation date and take up the original offer that they gave you.

I did read something a while a go that you have to enable marketing preferences within your sky account, or opt in to receive contact via phone/email etc, but I can't say it's something that I've ever knowingly done and they've always contacted me once I've cancelled, but you might want to check that within your sky account.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1172 on: June 13, 2023, 06:55:25 pm »
What other service and why would they inform Sky?

Signing up to another provider and then having to cancel seems extra work, unless it's guaranteed to work.

You don't have to cancel because Sky would do that for you. All you'd do is sign up for another provider, once they contact Sky, Sky will ring you & you either take their offer or don't.

You literally don't have to do another thing.

Should add that I always sign up over the phone.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 07:12:32 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #1173 on: June 13, 2023, 11:11:47 pm »

You don't have to cancel because Sky would do that for you. All you'd do is sign up for another provider, once they contact Sky, Sky will ring you & you either take their offer or don't.

You literally don't have to do another thing.

Should add that I always sign up over the phone.

Can you give me an example please mate

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1174 on: June 14, 2023, 10:28:04 am »
Because you have internet with sky, if you sign up to another service, they have to inform your current provider they'll be taking over the line, so it's a big red flag in sky's face that you're actually leaving and they may contact you.

It's a bit of a risk, but if it's cheaper elsewhere for an equivalent service... you'll still get the cool off period to cancel with your new provider.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1175 on: June 14, 2023, 01:55:33 pm »

Fuck everyone off and get IPTV
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1176 on: June 14, 2023, 02:56:36 pm »
Fuck everyone off and get IPTV

Is it reliable and who do you go for?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1177 on: June 14, 2023, 03:09:09 pm »
There's an IPTV thread for all your needs.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1178 on: June 14, 2023, 03:46:55 pm »
Is it reliable and who do you go for?

Yes, rarely any issues. I have 2 providers and both are very reliable.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=329496.2480
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1179 on: June 14, 2023, 05:31:56 pm »
Can you give me an example please mate

I've done it before, it's no risk because you get the cooling off period so you can change your mind at any time in that 30 days  ;D

Claire explained it better than I.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2023, 05:35:39 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #1180 on: June 25, 2023, 05:59:42 pm »
Managed to use the live chat and get them down from £98 to £89 for Sky Sig, Sky Sports, HD & UHD, BT Sport, Netflix Premium and Broadband.

I need to call them back tomorrow and remove BT (£25) as the mrs is with EE and all customers can get BT Sport monthly pass for £15.

So £79 all in - pretty happy with that.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2023, 08:14:08 pm by Danny Singh »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1181 on: June 25, 2023, 08:52:00 pm »
Sky Q box driving me mad by deleting stuff I’ve already downloaded and starting it near the end of an episode or putting a continue button instead of ‘play’ and doing the same thing. Absolute bollocks UX.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1182 on: June 27, 2023, 04:39:15 pm »
Sky Q box driving me mad by deleting stuff I’ve already downloaded and starting it near the end of an episode or putting a continue button instead of ‘play’ and doing the same thing. Absolute bollocks UX.

Yep, theyre a bit shit.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1183 on: June 28, 2023, 08:14:28 am »
For extra fun, I noticed when it's downloading the new ep it doesn't actually delete the one I already had, only hides it and then when the download is finished I get two of that episode ;D

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1184 on: June 28, 2023, 06:32:49 pm »
Managed to use the live chat and get them down from £98 to £89 for Sky Sig, Sky Sports, HD & UHD, BT Sport, Netflix Premium and Broadband.

I need to call them back tomorrow and remove BT (£25) as the mrs is with EE and all customers can get BT Sport monthly pass for £15.

So £79 all in - pretty happy with that.
Have you got multiroom and is your BT Sport HD?

Our contracts up in the next couple of months so getting ready for the haggling and trying to work out what I can expect. That seems a pretty good deal, will threaten to move our broadband and BT Sport to BT as well if I’m not getting a reasonable offer.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline klopptopia

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1185 on: June 28, 2023, 07:49:41 pm »
I gave notice of cancellation today. I was paying £55/month under the offer but went up to £69/month at the "normal rate". Thats for the following:
Sky Signature £23.00
Ultimate TV Add on £6.00
Sky Kids £5.00
Sky Sports - Complete Pack £22.00
Sky Sports HD £2.00
Sky HD £7.00
Ultra HD £4.00

All live chat offered was to reduce the packages to the base £15/month so not much use. hopefully get a decent offer but I am not too fussed if nothing comes up.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1186 on: June 28, 2023, 08:03:01 pm »
I gave notice of cancellation today. I was paying £55/month under the offer but went up to £69/month at the "normal rate". Thats for the following:
Sky Signature £23.00
Ultimate TV Add on £6.00
Sky Kids £5.00
Sky Sports - Complete Pack £22.00
Sky Sports HD £2.00
Sky HD £7.00
Ultra HD £4.00

All live chat offered was to reduce the packages to the base £15/month so not much use. hopefully get a decent offer but I am not too fussed if nothing comes up.

And they wonder why people are leaving them and getting iptv

Offline Danny Singh

• Main Stander
« Reply #1187 on: June 29, 2023, 11:43:24 am »
Have you got multiroom and is your BT Sport HD?

Our contracts up in the next couple of months so getting ready for the haggling and trying to work out what I can expect. That seems a pretty good deal, will threaten to move our broadband and BT Sport to BT as well if I’m not getting a reasonable offer.

We don't have multiroom but I'm thinking to get an IPTV in the bedroom. I've cancelled the BT Sport so now paying £64 a month.

In August, before the PL starts, the mrs will call EE and get the BT Sport monthly app for £15 which I think includes HD + Ultimate in 4K.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1188 on: August 2, 2023, 07:23:07 pm »
Has anyone had experience of their Sky Q remote, just ceasing to work?

Yes, Ive changed the batteries. Ive done the 1 3 and 7 9 thing too.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1189 on: August 3, 2023, 02:28:23 pm »
mine sometimes feel a bit slow on the circular button bit, have to press it a few times sometimes. It's not batteries here either.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1190 on: August 3, 2023, 02:32:25 pm »

Nope. Mum's remote did but we changed batteries and it was fine.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1191 on: August 6, 2023, 07:35:37 am »

Yes mate, a few weeks ago on the mini-box, it suddenly stopped pairing with the telly. I went round in circles following various advice and I can't remember was resolved it in the end.
It was a pain though.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1192 on: August 6, 2023, 06:47:05 pm »
Yes mate, a few weeks ago on the mini-box, it suddenly stopped pairing with the telly. I went round in circles following various advice and I can't remember was resolved it in the end.
It was a pain though.

:lmao Thanks mate

I might bite the bullet and call the 0898 number that is Sky Customer service

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1193 on: August 6, 2023, 06:58:40 pm »

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1194 on: August 6, 2023, 08:03:48 pm »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1195 on: August 7, 2023, 02:43:39 pm »
Anyone use BT TV?

Our Sky is due to go up to £180, I’ve been on to them a couple of times been offered £150 then £133. Been told I need to phone back within the last 30 days of contract as we have some big offers currently which they may only be able to replicate once we’re within that period. Still not sure they’ll be able to match/beat what we’re on currently (£117)

Looked at BT and looks like we could get pretty much the same package for £90. Just wondered what others experiences are of BT TV?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1196 on: August 7, 2023, 03:31:09 pm »
I'm currently paying £78 per month with sky (movies, sports, UHD etc. pretty much everything except Kids + TNT Sports)... current 'offer' expires in October. It's due to go up to £108 then. Having had a chat to them they want to offer me a 'deal' of £102. Told them too much. They said I need to come back nearer the time. Worst case scenario I'll cancel and see what the retention team offers.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1197 on: August 7, 2023, 05:00:36 pm »
I'm currently paying £78 per month with sky (movies, sports, UHD etc. pretty much everything except Kids + TNT Sports)... current 'offer' expires in October. It's due to go up to £108 then. Having had a chat to them they want to offer me a 'deal' of £102. Told them too much. They said I need to come back nearer the time. Worst case scenario I'll cancel and see what the retention team offers.
Our current package inc Broadband, all Sky channels, Sports, TNT Sports, Netflix, UHD and Multiroom. Not movies.

The second offer i got was from Cancellations but think they’ll be able to beat that next week when we’re in the last month of contract. Still don’t think it’ll be better than the BT price for the same package, the only drawback is all the Sky channels will be HD not UHD I think.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1198 on: August 8, 2023, 11:17:41 am »
don't you stream everything on BT? Have sky not offered you their new stream service? though I don't know how much it'll be tbf.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1199 on: August 8, 2023, 09:59:26 pm »
They tried to interest me in SkyGlass but I’m not. Yes I think it’s all streamed if you don’t have an aerial (for the free view stuff), and to be honest I don’t really want to move, but would like a much better offer so will see how far I can push it