The Liverpool FC Forum > Anfield Stadium

The Stadium Tour

<< < (21/28) > >>

mjoymc110:
never been there but always wish to be  ::)

Wabaloolah:
Did the tour at the end of August when in Liverpool on cricket tour, I did the old tour about 8 years ago so prior to the Main Stand being erected.

Personally I preferred the old tour to the new one as you had a local lad taking you round and talking to you about it giving stories about the old days and so on.

The modern one was much more impersonal, you pretty much went round your self with minimal interaction with the stadium staff and all the commentary was automated via headphones. Some of the elder members of the tour party struggled to keep up with the video and headphones.

You can't beat the human touch in my opinion

SvenJohansen:
I got a gift of the VIP Anfield Experience for my 50th in September. Myself and the missus are going. We're going in March the day Liverpool are playing Bournemouth away. I can't fucking wait!! When I opened my present I nearly had an emotion. I was in Anfield once in 2006 but never did the tour. Did I tell you I can't can't friggin' wait?

18 yard line:

--- Quote from: Waybuloo: A Christmas You'll Forget, laaa... on November 30, 2022, 05:54:53 pm ---Did the tour at the end of August when in Liverpool on cricket tour, I did the old tour about 8 years ago so prior to the Main Stand being erected.

Personally I preferred the old tour to the new one as you had a local lad taking you round and talking to you about it giving stories about the old days and so on.

The modern one was much more impersonal, you pretty much went round your self with minimal interaction with the stadium staff and all the commentary was automated via headphones. Some of the elder members of the tour party struggled to keep up with the video and headphones.

You can't beat the human touch in my opinion

--- End quote ---

That’s disappointing to hear as it was not my experience at all.  Our guide a few months ago was very local, has been around the club for many years and had a great knowledge, sense of humour and lots of stories from the past 50 years.

West Cork Red:

--- Quote from: 18 yard line on December  1, 2022, 04:34:04 pm ---That’s disappointing to hear as it was not my experience at all.  Our guide a few months ago was very local, has been around the club for many years and had a great knowledge, sense of humour and lots of stories from the past 50 years.

--- End quote ---
Same as when I done the tour last year, guide was local and very good, took as much time as needed to see everything, couldnt have asked for a better one

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version