Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 879164 times)

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.
« Reply #5560 on: March 20, 2024, 07:35:44 pm »
yes - 2.5 to 3 hours before. 

Legend, cheers!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5561 on: March 21, 2024, 10:37:11 am »
It was probably made worse by the fact it was a Manchester Club and likely that more away fans than normal would also be driving in your direction. If it was a London club they'd likely be heading for the train. I think that the traffic in all directions is heavier these days. Going to the game, I used to take the M53 direct to the Wallasey Tunnel entrance. Now I stick to the side roads because you can hit the end of the queue at Bidston.

And the fact it was a huge game on a knife edge, and a great performance, would have meant a minimal amount of early leavers.

It needs better public transport though. You don't want thousands more leaving early to beat the rush like in other grounds (that are better served by public transport than Anfield).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5562 on: March 23, 2024, 11:42:23 pm »

'A good look around the hospitality lounge at Liverpool FC's Anfield Road Expansion Update' - 28 minute video from KC Imageworks (Liverpool-Ajax Legends match):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9iCBXQy3Pc4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9iCBXQy3Pc4</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/9iCBXQy3Pc4

'Liverpool Legends v Ajax Legends - Matchday Vlog' - 23 minute video from GreyBeard Media - Merseyside & Beyond:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7Gya9CAnH1U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7Gya9CAnH1U</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/7Gya9CAnH1U

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 11:48:32 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5563 on: March 31, 2024, 05:32:15 pm »
A new league attendance record set today. 60,061.  :scarf
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5564 on: March 31, 2024, 08:28:38 pm »
A new league attendance record set today. 60,061.  :scarf

So the away section corner to complete and the back rows of the lower to top 61000.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
Let’s just imagine that the current ground was sitting  on a footprint which was relatively unrestricted in terms of further expansion.
If we were to repeat a MS on the SKD and a AR type single tier replacing the kop.
Anyone have a clue what capacity would be then?
Would look amazing but would have thought that capacity would not improve massively given the upgrade would be to modern standards.
I’m not dismissing the fact in cannot happen. I’m just bored really and a little curious.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
So the away section corner to complete and the back rows of the lower to top 61000.

Personally don't think it'll ever hit that number

There's always a lot of unused corporate in main stand and there's segregation between home and away fans

I think there's 500 ish more to come from the corner being filled in and the disabled seats at the back - I think.... The away wheelchair section is moving to the back too and the front being filled in with more seats but I could be wrong

I'd be amazed if we officially hit 61k though

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan

There's always a lot of unused corporate in main stand and there's segregation between home and away fans

I think there's 500 ish more to come from the corner being filled in and the disabled seats at the back - I think.... The away wheelchair section is moving to the back too and the front being filled in with more seats but I could be wrong

The official capacity may well be over 61k but as you say it'll never actually quite hit that number on a matchday due to segregation etc

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

The official capacity may well be over 61k but as you say it'll never actually quite hit that number on a matchday due to segregation etc

i feel betrayed and/or cheated.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
What's the reason behind us not finishing off that little corner bit of the lower tier Anfield Road end?

Offline laddo

• Forum Perv
  • Legacy Fan
It's currently being finished.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Ban the Manc c*nts until they sort their vile c*nt fans out and have a 100% home crowd. That'd do it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #5572 on: April 10, 2024, 06:38:45 pm »
Finally got an email to confirm the position of my forever stone. Will try and find it tomorrow as I havnt  had any luck without the map

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5573 on: April 11, 2024, 09:57:00 am »
Finally got an email to confirm the position of my forever stone. Will try and find it tomorrow as I havnt  had any luck without the map
Seen loads complain they bought one and never heard a word, also that they were in pretty bad nick
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5574 on: April 11, 2024, 11:21:34 pm »
Seen loads complain they bought one and never heard a word, also that they were in pretty bad nick

Found mine tonight with a little help. The rain had been that heavy that it was a bit difficult to see the writing.

Yeah, some of the stones are in bad condition.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #5575 on: April 12, 2024, 02:36:28 am »
Found mine tonight with a little help. The rain had been that heavy that it was a bit difficult to see the writing.

Some literally bad no writing visible on them, I was looking in the wrong area for mine (doh) but will have a look Sunday

Online ScubaSteve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5576 on: April 12, 2024, 09:05:40 am »
Some literally bad no writing visible on them, I was looking in the wrong area for mine (doh) but will have a look Sunday

Even knowing the area, it took a while to find it.

The highlight of an otherwise depressing night.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #5577 on: April 16, 2024, 10:44:52 am »

I spent hours looking for ours! Unfortunately I wont be at another game before the end of the season and it's closed other than match days. Hopefully it'll be open before the end of the season. I wanted to take the kids on the tour but I'd like them to go when the pitch is looking green.
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Main Stander
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #5578 on: April 16, 2024, 01:32:09 pm »

Thought it would be quite nice to get a replica of mine for at home but they're charging £70 for it! I've spent enough already and its only one of the smaller stones!

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5579 on: April 16, 2024, 03:41:58 pm »
Is there any further news on the fan zone which was supposedly opening underneath the stand?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5580 on: April 16, 2024, 07:16:06 pm »
Thought it would be quite nice to get a replica of mine for at home but they're charging £70 for it! I've spent enough already and its only one of the smaller stones!

Robbing shits.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5581 on: April 17, 2024, 12:12:08 pm »
Robbing shits.
indeed, who said you cant blood from a stone haha
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR