Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2787812 times)

Offline A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #13640 on: May 5, 2021, 01:56:23 am »
Kin hell, the cry arsing in here over what should be an inevitability is madness. One of the most expensive teams ever assembled + a top quality manager / coach. Its the bare minimum they should be delivering.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13641 on: May 5, 2021, 02:16:46 am »
Kin hell, the cry arsing in here over what should be an inevitability is madness. One of the most expensive teams ever assembled + a top quality manager / coach. Its the bare minimum they should be delivering.

My thoughts exactly. They've been knocked out by Lyon,Monaco and Tottenham in recent years, when they were overwhelmingly the better side in quality. And now that they're finally able to get to a final, without fans in stadiums, we're supposed to be impressed?

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #13642 on: May 5, 2021, 02:24:20 am »
My thoughts exactly. They've been knocked out by Lyon,Monaco and Tottenham in recent years, when they were overwhelmingly the better side in quality. And now that they're finally able to get to a final, without fans in stadiums, we're supposed to be impressed?

Plus, they only got to the final, they haven't won it yet. I can see Chelsea taking that one (not that I want that to happen, but I hate Madrid immensely).
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13643 on: May 5, 2021, 03:44:26 am »

This!

And the folks pretending to not care are the ones investing their time and energy into proving that they don't care by using gifs. :D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13644 on: May 5, 2021, 05:30:21 am »
Tbf couldn't care less if they win it. They are not our rivals whatsoever. But for Manutd fans i bet it's painful. Damn, imagine Everton actually winning it, I'd have nightmares!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #13645 on: May 5, 2021, 06:19:22 am »
They're winning the CL, just accept it and move on. We need to focus on ourselves.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13646 on: May 5, 2021, 06:58:52 am »
And THAT is what we should all be protesting. THAT is what United fans should've been busting shit up about the other day. When they got left off last summer we should've all hit the streets. They're cheats.
I’ve said it before, but all fans should show their disdain by boycotting any game against Man City. Imagine what that would do for the sports washing!

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13647 on: May 5, 2021, 07:05:33 am »
I do care that they won. It’s depressing that a team that should have been banned advances to the Champions League final. I won’t lose sleep over this but I reserve the right to be slightly annoyed.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13648 on: May 5, 2021, 07:13:56 am »
I do care that they won. It’s depressing that a team that should have been banned advances to the Champions League final. I won’t lose sleep over this but I reserve the right to be slightly annoyed.
It’s just another nail in the coffin of a dying game. All we have left of our game is a competition between which owners have the most money. Only occasionally will a club win trophies purely through sporting merit, such as our recent success.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #13649 on: May 5, 2021, 07:19:15 am »
This!

And the folks pretending to not care are the ones investing their time and energy into proving that they don't care by using gifs. :D

Just like their fan base who've told everyone who'd listen they aren't arsed about Europe?

Football fans in the most are gobshites (I include myself in that).

I don't really feel anything. They've had a run to a European cup final and not a single one of them have enjoyed anything close to what we've seen from 77 to the run to Madrid.

They've all been sat in their Stockport houses watching it with a warm Carling.

How many are they taking to Istanbul? About as many as were outside the Etihad last night?

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13650 on: May 5, 2021, 07:31:11 am »
Given how much they hate Uefa and the Champions League it must really annoy them how seriously Pep is taking it this year.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #13651 on: May 5, 2021, 07:32:30 am »
Should be banned but no one talking about it.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13652 on: May 5, 2021, 07:38:14 am »
Should be banned but no one talking about it.
Correct.
Also, wasn’t one of their favourites from our recent win that we ‘shouldn’t even be in it because we didn’t qualify as champions’?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #13653 on: May 5, 2021, 07:39:56 am »
He's the type of guy who would see his wife cheating on him and he'd ask her to forgive him.

Fuck City, all their success is purchased and means nothing. Must hurt them that they'll never be mentioned in the same breath and us, Bayern, Madrid, Milan and even United.

You don't read the media then? Press and TV cresaming themselves over the best team ever. If/when they do 'the Quadruple' they'll be lauded as the greatest English team ever.

We can try and reassure ourselves that it doesn't matter but Man City are now, de facto, on the way to becoming the biggest team in world football.

Liverpool weren't part of the European elite for most of their history. When I started watching Liverpool (1970s) we'd won fuck all for a few years and were a decade away from being multiple European Cup winners. Arsenal had won more leagues than us. Barcelona at the time were big in Spain but had never won the European Cup.

Ajax, who you don;t even mention had won 3 European Cups in a row, more than both Milan and Internazionale.

The point is that time and the record books are what matter in the end.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13654 on: May 5, 2021, 07:52:39 am »

Indeed, it's all a bit embarrassing to be honest. All my life, football teams I don't particularly like have won stuff, and will continue to do so for eternity. Anyone under the impression that a Guardiola-led City wouldn't be crowned European champions at some point was living in complete delusion. More concerned that their neighbours make it a Manchester double in Europe while we have to play in the Conference League next season, which actually would be annoying.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13655 on: May 5, 2021, 08:00:14 am »
I’ve said it before, but all fans should show their disdain by boycotting any game against Man City. Imagine what that would do for the sports washing!

Why? We can't decide who is going to own this club or that club, it's not in our power and it's not our business. Are Mancity fans happy with their owners? Their opinion only matters because it's their club. I haven't heard any Mancity fan wanting their owners out.

Why we should revolt only when someone is overspending and not when someone is underspending, like Newcastle for example? Why we don't think about saving football when that is the case? Nobody wasn't thinking about saving football when we were about to disappear under Tom and Gillett.

Fuck everyone else, all we have to do is to put the damn ball in the net, which we haven't done recently.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13656 on: May 5, 2021, 08:10:33 am »
Indeed, it's all a bit embarrassing to be honest. All my life, football teams I don't particularly like have won stuff, and will continue to do so for eternity. Anyone under the impression that a Guardiola-led City wouldn't be crowned European champions at some point was living in complete delusion. More concerned that their neighbours make it a Manchester double in Europe while we have to play in the Conference League next season, which actually would be annoying.

Agree its an inevitability, just rather apt that the season they get to the final is one of the two they were banned from the competition for, due to outright cheating. Them even being in it, never mind in the final and likely winning it, totally devalues the thing.

The bigger picture though is that the cheating from these and PSG, plus the failure of UEFA to deal with it, is what led to the other clubs going down the ESL route.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13657 on: May 5, 2021, 08:16:22 am »
Given how much they hate Uefa and the Champions League it must really annoy them how seriously Pep is taking it this year.

Will be the most awkward trophy handing ceremony ever if they win,AD fans getting a trophy they hate from the people they hate listening to the CL anthem they hate.
Handed with kisses to them by UEFA,to a club they took to court to throw out,then got spanked by Abu Dhabi's army of lawyers combined with their own ineptitude of first writing the rules and then reading them beforehand.

;D

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #13658 on: May 5, 2021, 08:20:14 am »

He takes it seriously every single year, he’s just flopped in previous seasons regardless of how much he spends.

Offline zimmie'5555

• passenger on an intergalactic spaceship... sometimes wishes he was a woman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13659 on: May 5, 2021, 08:21:44 am »
Agree its an inevitability, just rather apt that the season they get to the final is one of the two they were banned from the competition for, due to outright cheating. Them even being in it, never mind in the final and likely winning it, totally devalues the thing.

The bigger picture though is that the cheating from these and PSG, plus the failure of UEFA to deal with it, is what led to the other clubs going down the ESL route.

UEFA should have implemented FFP in a better way really right from the beginning, they were always legally flimsy and the original proposals only really served the interest of a few, already rich clubs, rather than doing anything to level the playing field in any meaningful way.

For the record I actually think Chelsea win the final, not that it's any better . . . 

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13660 on: May 5, 2021, 08:36:29 am »
The irony of them winning a competition they shouldn't be in and didn't want to stay in is amazing.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #13661 on: May 5, 2021, 08:37:15 am »
Meh. Who cares. First major European cup final in their history and they won't be able to have nearly as many fans over there for it as they would want. Even then they will probably boo the champions League music.

It's not as if the run to the final has been enjoyable for them either. No major dramas or comebacks. It's just been boring.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13662 on: May 5, 2021, 08:39:45 am »
If City do win it , I guarantee I won’t be as pissed off as 1999 when United won it.
I hope they don’t win it but not losing any sleep over it.

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13663 on: May 5, 2021, 08:41:43 am »
Why? We can't decide who is going to own this club or that club, it's not in our power and it's not our business. Are Mancity fans happy with their owners? Their opinion only matters because it's their club. I haven't heard any Mancity fan wanting their owners out.

Why we should revolt only when someone is overspending and not when someone is underspending, like Newcastle for example? Why we don't think about saving football when that is the case? Nobody wasn't thinking about saving football when we were about to disappear under Tom and Gillett.

Fuck everyone else, all we have to do is to put the damn ball in the net, which we haven't done recently.
Just because they are cheating bastards. It is already happening tho, people like you are already accepting that what they are doing is normal.
Wait and see what happens this summer. They will spend like no one has ever seen before whilst the rest of us are scratching around the bargain basement.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #13664 on: May 5, 2021, 08:46:15 am »
not the first time a team would make the final or win when they shouldnt be in it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2006/aug/02/newsstory.acmilan
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #13665 on: May 5, 2021, 08:59:08 am »
If City do win it , I guarantee I won’t be as pissed off as 1999 when United won it.

I don’t think anything could top the horror of that. Fucking awful.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13666 on: May 5, 2021, 09:01:30 am »
Just because they are cheating bastards. It is already happening tho, people like you are already accepting that what they are doing is normal.
Wait and see what happens this summer. They will spend like no one has ever seen before whilst the rest of us are scratching around the bargain basement.

It's not down to me to accept it or not. Why for you Mike Ashley is more acceptable than Mansour? One is underspending and is destroying one decent football club. Why we don't care about saving football when that's the case?

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #13667 on: May 5, 2021, 09:11:07 am »
Meh. Who cares. First major European cup final in their history and they won't be able to have nearly as many fans over there for it as they would want. Even then they will probably boo the champions League music.

It's not as if the run to the final has been enjoyable for them either. No major dramas or comebacks. It's just been boring.

Errr I think you'll find that football sage Gary Linekar tweeted this after the first leg

That was one of the best performances, in an away leg, by an English side in the history of European football.

ONE OF THE BEST
Believer

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #13668 on: May 5, 2021, 09:11:58 am »

i could see those two goals coming all game

if there was online betting back then and i have the phone i have now i would have made 1000s
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #13669 on: May 5, 2021, 09:15:19 am »
Its taken them enough time to get to the final, with at least 700m+ net spend over 5 years, a bench in a semi final worth 300m+, its frankly ridiculous that its taken that long to get there. Shows how difficult it is. Imagine doing it without throwing all that money at it.

I still struggle to understand that there isnt a wider revulsion from other fans at the way they have bought their titles - imagine if it had not been for us and in particular Klopp, what the domestic situation would have been - The premier league would be less competitive than Germany or France!

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #13670 on: May 5, 2021, 09:28:16 am »
You don't read the media then? Press and TV cresaming themselves over the best team ever. If/when they do 'the Quadruple' they'll be lauded as the greatest English team ever.

We can try and reassure ourselves that it doesn't matter but Man City are now, de facto, on the way to becoming the biggest team in world football.

Liverpool weren't part of the European elite for most of their history. When I started watching Liverpool (1970s) we'd won fuck all for a few years and were a decade away from being multiple European Cup winners. Arsenal had won more leagues than us. Barcelona at the time were big in Spain but had never won the European Cup.

Ajax, who you don;t even mention had won 3 European Cups in a row, more than both Milan and Internazionale.

The point is that time and the record books are what matter in the end.
The media might pretend that is true, but ever fan I know or speak to agrees there will forever be an asterix beside their name on the winners list.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13671 on: May 5, 2021, 09:29:33 am »
It's not down to me to accept it or not. Why for you Mike Ashley is more acceptable than Mansour? One is underspending and is destroying one decent football club. Why we don't care about saving football when that's the case?
Over the last 5 seasons Newcastle’s net spend is higher than ours!

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13672 on: May 5, 2021, 09:32:00 am »
Its taken them enough time to get to the final, with at least 700m+ net spend over 5 years, a bench in a semi final worth 300m+, its frankly ridiculous that its taken that long to get there. Shows how difficult it is. Imagine doing it without throwing all that money at it.

I still struggle to understand that there isnt a wider revulsion from other fans at the way they have bought their titles - imagine if it had not been for us and in particular Klopp, what the domestic situation would have been - The premier league would be less competitive than Germany or France!
It will be...

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13673 on: May 5, 2021, 09:33:22 am »
Errr I think you'll find that football sage Gary Linekar tweeted this after the first leg

ONE OF THE BEST
They said this after Real. They were really outplayed by PSG in the first half of the first leg and was only due to poor finishing from PSG that they weren't 2 or 3 down.

They did recover in the second half but both goals were very flukey. They played well in the second half but it isn't one of the best.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #13674 on: May 5, 2021, 09:33:45 am »
Twats.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #13675 on: May 5, 2021, 09:34:32 am »
Last week: "Evil Big 6 should be flayed for fucking football in the ass"
Sunday: "Working class heroes sticking it to the man, too much money in football!"
Last night: "SPUUunNNNKKKKKbLlluuRgghH"
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13676 on: May 5, 2021, 09:59:32 am »
It will be...

And no-one outside the other top 6 clubs gives a fuck, all the rest care about is pocketing £100 million plus every season. All this fake outrage over the ESL, like teams like Burnley give two fucks if they can't play in it, all they saw was someone potentially  leading the PL/SKY/BT cash cow out of the door and wanted to stop that happening. If West Ham do play in it next season, will they invest to try to do well? Will they fuck, they'll just stick the money in the bank.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13677 on: May 5, 2021, 10:08:09 am »
And no-one outside the other top 6 clubs gives a fuck, all the rest care about is pocketing £100 million plus every season. All this fake outrage over the ESL, like teams like Burnley give two fucks if they can't play in it, all they saw was someone potentially  leading the PL/SKY/BT cash cow out of the door and wanted to stop that happening. If West Ham do play in it next season, will they invest to try to do well? Will they fuck, they'll just stick the money in the bank.
Exactly. I don’t see Karen Brady shouting for null and void this season.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13678 on: May 5, 2021, 10:11:55 am »
Exactly. I don’t see Karen Brady shouting for null and void this season.

Utter hypocrite that one. If they really cared so much they wouldn't have started the current season at all, but they had around 120 million reasons not to say that. They'll be dreading the toxic supporters coming back into the London Stadium, back to mid table and less prize money to bank

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13679 on: May 5, 2021, 10:30:37 am »
I reckon Alot of those pricks in the media are getting nice presents from Abu Dhabi to write nice things about man city.
« Last Edit: May 5, 2021, 10:37:46 am by darragh85 »