Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 758416 times)

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3240 on: October 31, 2019, 08:41:10 am »
Ox should be restricted to only one game a week, with extended breaks whenever possible. His fitness and health should be carefully managed

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3241 on: October 31, 2019, 08:43:00 am »
Doubt it. For the same reasons as last week.
Yep, up you don’t want to take any risks with him.

Mind you, the power he generated for that shot was phenomenal. Very impressed he can do that again.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3242 on: October 31, 2019, 09:13:01 am »
He's got a habit of scoring screamers against City, give him 60 mins in that game?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3243 on: October 31, 2019, 12:11:21 pm »
No problem. Just wanted to highlight that our midfield can supply goals on the odd occasion - especially when AOC* in playing.

* I don't mean Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez - although she's also fab.

They would make the ultimate power couple.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #3244 on: October 31, 2019, 12:12:11 pm »
Arsenal fans booed him like he was one of their own, respect

;D
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #3245 on: October 31, 2019, 02:22:21 pm »
Arsenal fans booed him like he was one of their own, respect

Spot on! hahah.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3246 on: October 31, 2019, 02:28:16 pm »
It's brilliant he got his goal-scoring touch back - I thought it'd have been one of the harder skills to do so from a lengthy timeoff. Which means either from a cameo or a start we've another goal threat on the pitch.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3247 on: October 31, 2019, 02:55:32 pm »
He's a baaaaad man.

In Ox we have by far the best back-up AM in the world, it has become borderline impossible for Klopp to keep ignoring such player. He's levels above the player that's keeping him on the bench, hopefully insanity will stop pretty soon because we absolutely need this guy to win the league!

What a fucking player.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #3248 on: October 31, 2019, 03:00:08 pm »
He's a baaaaad man.

In Ox we have by far the best back-up AM in the world, it has become borderline impossible for Klopp to keep ignoring such player. He's levels above the player that's keeping him on the bench, hopefully insanity will stop pretty soon because we absolutely need this guy to win the league!

What a fucking player.

What insanity are you talking about? His minutes are being managed and he's being eased back.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3249 on: October 31, 2019, 03:04:31 pm »
There's no insanity and he isn't being ignored, he also needs to work on his overall performances in the game. His goals have been exceptional, the rest of his performances need to match that [Klopp's words]

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3250 on: October 31, 2019, 03:06:37 pm »
20 and 30 yard screamers. a touch of the coutinhos and gerard about him. 10 man defence? no problem, we go over it. unleash the ox missile

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3251 on: October 31, 2019, 03:17:04 pm »
He's a baaaaad man.

What a fucking player.

???

What a peculiar comment.

Offline Zimagic

• Legacy Fan
  • Liar, liar with your drawers on fire......
« Reply #3252 on: October 31, 2019, 05:00:45 pm »
Reckon he starts against Villa and Genk before the usual three return against City.

I think he sits the weekend & plays Genk, option off the bench for both league games.

"Truth, Justice, Freedom, Reasonably-Priced Love and a Hard-Boiled Egg!"

Offline Legoland

• Plazzie Brick Lid :)
  • Kopite
« Reply #3253 on: October 31, 2019, 05:06:46 pm »
He's a baaaaad man.

In Ox we have by far the best back-up AM in the world, it has become borderline impossible for Klopp to keep ignoring such player.
What a fucking player.

How has Klopp been ignoring him in any way?

He's levels above the player that's keeping him on the bench, hopefully insanity will stop pretty soon because we absolutely need this guy to win the league!

He's levels above whom? Hendo and Gini?
Hendo and Gini have been so consistent and part of a team that has been so successful over the past couple of seasons. What's with the insanity?

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #3254 on: October 31, 2019, 05:17:02 pm »
He's levels above the player that's keeping him on the bench, hopefully insanity will stop pretty soon because we absolutely need this guy to win the league!
You should watch the Liverpool Barcelona semi second leg again if you think Ox is levels above either Hendo or Gini.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3255 on: October 31, 2019, 05:32:58 pm »
I'd play him against Villa. They'll be camped deep.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #3256 on: October 31, 2019, 05:34:54 pm »
How has Klopp been ignoring him in any way?
Ox's playing time lately should have been in the league not LC - just my opinion.

Ox was born to be an 8 in this team and is significantly more suited for the role than the player he's been benched for.

Gini is irreplaceable for all the stability he gives to our midfield - I thought we all knew that by now.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3257 on: October 31, 2019, 05:36:34 pm »
Bit weird that  you can't type Henderson isn't it? I mean all the letters to type it on your keyboard work so I don't understand why you can't link them together.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3258 on: October 31, 2019, 05:39:36 pm »
Bit weird that  you can't type Henderson isn't it? I mean all the letters to type it on your keyboard work so I don't understand why you can't link them together.

If you read his posts you’ll probably get a clearer idea 
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3259 on: October 31, 2019, 05:41:32 pm »
If you read his posts you’ll probably get a clearer idea 

Oh no I completely get it, sarcasm doesn't come across well I guess. He's a right weirdo.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3260 on: October 31, 2019, 05:45:01 pm »
???

What a peculiar comment.

That doesn’t even touch the sides mate. The lad was talking about it being a final straw for Klopp and we had no chance of winning the league if we keep playing Henderson after the United game :D I’m guessing Hendo ran over his dog or something.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3261 on: October 31, 2019, 06:05:03 pm »
That doesn’t even touch the sides mate. The lad was talking about it being a final straw for Klopp and we had no chance of winning the league if we keep playing Henderson after the United game :D I’m guessing Hendo ran over his dog or something.

ha! I did actually forget about his Henderson-hate, lucky for me I suppose!

Thing with Ox also, is that they are still being careful with him I suspect.  And as has been noted, in the CL game, even though he scored 2 excellent goals, he wasn't at his best - so it's not like you can say 'he's playing amazing, need to drop someone to accomodate him'. But last night again - another step in the right direction. He's getting there.

I like how it's going with him actually, just easing him into the season. And he'll play more as the games get even more frequent over the next couple months.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3262 on: October 31, 2019, 06:23:23 pm »
It’s odd that people still find it so difficult to grasp that midfield is where we rotate so much more than attack or defence, so the idea of a first choice midfield doesn’t even really exist. There’s a few who have still got this obsession that Henderson gets dropped and once it’s happened that’s it, and he’ll never sully our pitch again.

I personally like the idea of Fabinho/Keita/Ox in midfield because it’s attacking as fuck but the contempt people like SerbianScouser show for the manager in thinking he’s some idiot for playing Jordan Henderson is bound to push people to support him even more.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3263 on: October 31, 2019, 06:26:47 pm »
Ox's playing time lately should have been in the league not LC - just my opinion.

Ox was born to be an 8 in this team and is significantly more suited for the role than the player he's been benched for.

Gini is irreplaceable for all the stability he gives to our midfield - I thought we all knew that by now.

Ox hasn't been ignored, Ox however can't play 3 games in a week, considering the injury he came back from, his minutes need to be managed, and in certain games until he gets up to speed, he's going to miss. He's also gotten minutes in the league this season. His performances need to be consistent as well.

So again you're overstating and blowing things out of proportion.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3264 on: October 31, 2019, 06:28:45 pm »
ha! I did actually forget about his Henderson-hate, lucky for me I suppose!

Thing with Ox also, is that they are still being careful with him I suspect.  And as has been noted, in the CL game, even though he scored 2 excellent goals, he wasn't at his best - so it's not like you can say 'he's playing amazing, need to drop someone to accomodate him'. But last night again - another step in the right direction. He's getting there.

I like how it's going with him actually, just easing him into the season. And he'll play more as the games get even more frequent over the next couple months.

From Klopps own mouth ''Ox's performance was up in down, he can do much better'' [paraphrasing] after the Genk game. that's a sign as to why he wouldn't be an immediate starter, but he is getting minutes there's no doubt about that.

He scored a wonderful goal last night but again his performance didn't match the goal he scored.

If he does play this weekend, hopefully both wil occur [him scoring and playing well through out]

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3265 on: October 31, 2019, 07:32:44 pm »
It’s odd that people still find it so difficult to grasp that midfield is where we rotate so much more than attack or defence, so the idea of a first choice midfield doesn’t even really exist. There’s a few who have still got this obsession that Henderson gets dropped and once it’s happened that’s it, and he’ll never sully our pitch again.

I personally like the idea of Fabinho/Keita/Ox in midfield because it’s attacking as fuck but the contempt people like SerbianScouser show for the manager in thinking he’s some idiot for playing Jordan Henderson is bound to push people to support him even more.

Yeah, I'd like a Fabinho, Gini, Ox midfield (till Keita plays himself in) as well in the longer run. Agree with your post fully. It's going to one extreme by some that's really odd. Why would anyone hate a solid Liverpool player like Henderson? It's not like he's Konchesky, let alone Diouf. But comments on him often sound like he's either one of those, that it's bizarre.

Not that it matters much, but it's fans like these who give the general opposition/neutral fanbase license to belittle our players, how would they rate them when we can't appreciate our own good players?

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3266 on: October 31, 2019, 07:33:10 pm »
just keep giving him some minutes and allow him to get back up to speed, more important games ahead than Aston Villa

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3267 on: October 31, 2019, 07:37:05 pm »
Yeah, I'd like a Fabinho, Gini, Ox midfield (till Keita plays himself in) as well in the longer run. Agree with your post fully. It's going to one extreme by some that's really odd. Why would anyone hate a solid Liverpool player like Henderson? It's not like he's Konchesky, let alone Diouf. But comments on him often sound like he's either one of those, that it's bizarre.

Not that it matters much, but it's fans like these who give the general opposition/neutral fanbase license to belittle our players, how would they rate them when we can't appreciate our own good players?

They can keep belittling him and criticising him, and he'll keep on lifting major trophies, including hopefully the PL trophy in May.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline UNO

• Kopite
« Reply #3268 on: October 31, 2019, 11:34:20 pm »
Although he did not have his best game last night, he once again shows his brilliant shooting skills by scoring that goal. I believe 99% of all players could not keep that ball under the cross bar! The reason Ox is such a good shooter is that he is able to always hit it solid and always keep the ball low! Messi is the player who always does it and he rarely hits it too high! Hope he continues to progress because we need a great long range shooter in our team!

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3269 on: November 1, 2019, 08:12:32 am »
He's a baaaaad man.

What a fucking player.

Did you actually watch the game?

He scored a blinder of a goal but actually the rest of his game was only about a 6-7/10. There's more to football than just scoring great goals. If we looked at his performance sans his goal, he would not have been the best player out there. Not even top 5.

As for Klopp ignoring him. Maybe you're just using the wrong words, but that is a pretty thick comment. He clearly isn't ignoring him. I'm not sure if you know anything about injuries and competitive sports, but he's not up to playing 3 games a week yet. He needs to be eased back into to build up his confidence in his body, and to get his form back. Klopp knows what he is doing.

Offline diehard

• Main Stander
« Reply #3270 on: November 1, 2019, 08:25:11 am »
It’s refreshing to see Ox scoring Worldies. Last season we didn’t really have that threat from our midfield.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3271 on: November 2, 2019, 06:47:19 am »
I would put him in for Fab against Villa, drop Henderson back, Ox as the 8 give him 60 mins then bring on Lallana for last 30 (assuming Keith isnt fit enough) then rest him for Genk and see where we are for the City game. Just my two pence worth

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3272 on: November 2, 2019, 05:17:48 pm »
Can’t wait until he can play back to back matches

Thought he was excellent again today

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #3273 on: November 4, 2019, 08:32:20 pm »
To come on and score vs City?

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3274 on: November 4, 2019, 08:38:59 pm »
Really gives us another option with his shooting from long range. Had about three cracks within a minute of being on on Saturday.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3275 on: November 4, 2019, 09:56:01 pm »
Really gives us another option with his shooting from long range. Had about three cracks within a minute of being on on Saturday.
Shouldn't he have concentrated on playing football instead?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3276 on: November 5, 2019, 10:03:50 pm »
Well taken goal.
On his way back. No doubt
bollocks

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3277 on: November 5, 2019, 10:05:06 pm »
Really looking impressive now.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3278 on: November 5, 2019, 10:05:31 pm »
Delighted to see him back playing and scoring again. Brilliant player and brilliant person. Great stuff

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3279 on: November 5, 2019, 10:05:55 pm »
Getting back to his best, on as sub and score Sunday
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA