Author Topic: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?  (Read 31898 times)

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
Re: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2020, 05:41:25 pm »
I had a girlfriend back in the day  who was so posh she gave me lobsters.

Jayne Mansfield perchance?
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2020, 05:57:29 pm »
I developed flu like symptoms monday so self isolated and worked from home the rest of the week. GP and 111 said unless i had been abroad or in contact with someone that had been confirmed with it I wouldn't need testing. Was pretty quick to get through to 111, not sure if there have been any issues for others. Im off next week fortunately anyway by chance so will get over whatever this viral infection is then. I think most people who will get it won't know whether they actually had it. I'd say I haven't but honestly who knows!

We're probably that used to getting colds and flu in the UK that our bodies are pretty well adapted at fighting off stuff like Covid.

How many of us on here have genuinely had the Flu - I mean the knock fuck out of you, totally fucked for a few weeks flu, not a bad cold? I had it once when I was 21, not had it since.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2020, 06:04:16 pm »
I had a girlfriend back in the day  who was so posh she gave me lobsters.

First person I know who mistook Lobsters for Crabs.
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2020, 06:09:43 pm »
We're probably that used to getting colds and flu in the UK that our bodies are pretty well adapted at fighting off stuff like Covid.

How many of us on here have genuinely had the Flu - I mean the knock fuck out of you, totally fucked for a few weeks flu, not a bad cold? I had it once when I was 21, not had it since.
Last time I had genuine Flu was about 20 year or so ago. It put me on my back for two weeks. I was delirious and totally floored. I honestly couldn't have got out of bed for a million pounds. It felt like I was dying, and it went on and on, day after day. It was then I truly understood how and why Flu could kill you. It's also gave me real perspective on the difference between a cold and Flu, and that when people say they went to work as normal with Flu, they really just had a cold.

Thankfully I've not had Flu since, and I pay for a Flu jab every year now just to give myself every chance of not getting it again. That last bout of it took me around six weeks to recover from.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 06:11:31 pm by Sons of pioneerS »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2020, 06:42:17 pm »
They're doing blanket testing in South Korea and the biggest group that have been seen to have the virus are 20-29 year olds.  They're the most socially mobile and one of the least likely to exhibit any symptoms.

90% of those who had the virus have had a fever.  So if you get a fever, no matter how mild or for how long there's a good chance you've got (or had) it and should self isolate, especially if you live with others.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2020, 09:09:56 pm »
Last time I had genuine Flu was about 20 year or so ago. It put me on my back for two weeks. I was delirious and totally floored. I honestly couldn't have got out of bed for a million pounds. It felt like I was dying, and it went on and on, day after day. It was then I truly understood how and why Flu could kill you. It's also gave me real perspective on the difference between a cold and Flu, and that when people say they went to work as normal with Flu, they really just had a cold.

Thankfully I've not had Flu since, and I pay for a Flu jab every year now just to give myself every chance of not getting it again. That last bout of it took me around six weeks to recover from.
Ive never had anything like that mate,I tried to make an appointment at the doctors on Friday(which would of been my first time at docs for 16yrs),but was told that there was nothing doing..I’m going,or supposed to be going this Friday,not holding breath,not Corona related either ..

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2020, 10:08:27 pm »

I was the same, I remember lying on the couch unable to move and then being weak as fuck for weeks after, not much fun when you are a driver for a tool hire company delivering and collecting from site all day, some of the stuff I was lumping about was heavy.

I get a free NHS jab now, although I did forget to get this years :butt
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2020, 01:27:15 am »
I was the same, I remember lying on the couch unable to move and then being weak as fuck for weeks after, not much fun when you are a driver for a tool hire company delivering and collecting from site all day, some of the stuff I was lumping about was heavy.

I get a free NHS jab now, although I did forget to get this years :butt

So you are tired from grafting and feel fucked after a hard days graft and get a jab to make you feel better ?

Kin ell lad , fuckin ell.

Well done for forgeting by the way..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 01:29:29 am by kesey »
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2020, 01:29:36 am »
When I started this thread, it was more out of fear. I was quite hot at the time, shortness of breath to the point of using my Husband’s asthma inhaler and a runny nose...

It settled during the day and now I am thinking/hoping it was the little cleaning buzz I was on first thing and an unusually early start.

I’m trying to stay indoors but for necessary trips out - shopping or if I had to go into the office. But what about going for a run? Outside, no contact with anyone for an hour and back in again? Is there any point lying low and then going out running? Is that silly?

If you’re self isolating, you shouldn’t be going anywhere. Otherwise, you can still go out for runs etc. Doubt you’re having close contact with anyone on a run?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2020, 01:32:56 am »
I had a scratchy throat and a bit of a cough yesterday which seems to be gone today. Part of me wishes it was COVID and it’s out of the way. (Another part thinks it was an allergy to my girlfriends cat).

Callum Hudson-Adoi reported mild cold like symptoms on Monday which were gone by Tuesday. He was confirmed to have it. I’m by no means a professional athlete but if it was really that mild for him, I expect many of us will have had it or will get it without knowing.

He’s super fit. When I was at my fittest, running 60 miles a week, I could run 16 miles with a heavy cold. Wish I was still in that shape, but it’s motivated me to get back out there running now.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2020, 03:06:28 am »
He’s super fit. When I was at my fittest, running 60 miles a week, I could run 16 miles with a heavy cold. Wish I was still in that shape, but it’s motivated me to get back out there running now.

I've cycled more or less that with a chest infection in a day .

Iam on about the 60 miles and not popping out for a loaf mileage.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2020, 03:10:38 am by kesey »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2020, 03:12:06 am »
I've cycled more or less that with a chest infection in a day .

Iam on about the 60k not the popping out for a loaf mileage.

I said running not cycling haha. You can’t roll downhill on your feet. ;-)

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2020, 09:38:25 am »

This is actually a really good idea for anyone, like me, with poor fitness and low lung capacity.  Your body may need all the strength it can get to fight the virus should you catch it. If you're stuck indoors it would be a good idea to follow a vigourous exercise regime to really get your heart working and increase your lung capacity. I've passed this advice on to my sister who is overweight and, like me, has an underlying health condition that puts her at risk.

I'd started one with my girlfriend but we weren't being strict with ourselves and doing it every day.  Now that this is ramping up and we're both at home, we'll be making sure we do it together every day without fail.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2020, 09:43:39 am »
If you're actually ill (more than a simple cold) you shouldn't do any exercise - there have been (young) people at peak fitness who have died exercising in such situations. Think the advice is if you feel ill above the neck (other than a fever) then it's OK but maybe scale it back, below the beck and don't do any.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2020, 11:58:06 am »
This is actually a really good idea for anyone, like me, with poor fitness and low lung capacity.  Your body may need all the strength it can get to fight the virus should you catch it. If you're stuck indoors it would be a good idea to follow a vigourous exercise regime to really get your heart working and increase your lung capacity. I've passed this advice on to my sister who is overweight and, like me, has an underlying health condition that puts her at risk.

I'd started one with my girlfriend but we weren't being strict with ourselves and doing it every day.  Now that this is ramping up and we're both at home, we'll be making sure we do it together every day without fail.
get some kettlebells, best bang for buck home fitness equipment imo

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2020, 12:05:04 pm »

My dad is 71 and going nuts about the plan for being forced to stay in - he cleans an office of an evening and spends the rest of the day in the Gym or walking his dog - he's fitter than me and probably most fellas over 50 and refuses to sit in the house vegetating and he cannot work out properly at home.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2020, 12:35:01 pm »
My dad is 71 and going nuts about the plan for being forced to stay in - he cleans an office of an evening and spends the rest of the day in the Gym or walking his dog - he's fitter than me and probably most fellas over 50 and refuses to sit in the house vegetating and he cannot work out properly at home.
That's fair enough.  Obviously working out at home is not ideal for everyone but if he's already fit then walking the dog is not going to make a huge amount of difference. And nobody's going to stop walking their dog.  Maybe he can do some star jumps in the park. He should definitely stay well away from the gym equipment that they have in some parks these days.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2020, 01:33:06 pm »
I'm working at home today and for the rest of the week I think.

I got a temperature and dry cough over the weekend. The high temperature comes and goes, but at its worst, it's still relatively mild. I had proper flu back in 2009 and that absolutely floored me for two weeks and I lost almost two stone. I could do with that now but without the flu.

If it stays like this and it is COVID-19 then I'll be glad to have got it out of the way. The ridiculous situation where you can't get tested so you never know is going to prolong this virus in our society.

The lack of information and advice (never mind access to testing) from the government is absolutely shocking.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2020, 01:59:34 pm »
Been sent home to self-isolate for 7 days. Sore throat, cough and shortness of breath/chest pain. Which is nice.

Me and another girl in my department. Feel like shit, rapidly feeling shitter.

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2020, 02:27:17 pm »
What happens after 7 days if you feel better? Seeing people I follow online who have been diagnosed with it and self isolating

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2020, 02:41:23 pm »
get some kettlebells, best bang for buck home fitness equipment imo
Apologies for the sidetrack...for an average sized male who usually goes to a gym and is in decent shape, what size kettlebell(s) are best? I can bench and squat my own weight for reps. Am I ok with one, or should I get two of different weights? I'm leery of ordering one way too light or way too heavy. Thanks in advance.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2020, 02:56:32 pm »
If you’re self isolating, you shouldn’t be going anywhere. Otherwise, you can still go out for runs etc. Doubt you’re having close contact with anyone on a run?

Depends on the curfew. In Spain you're not allowed to even go for a run:

http://www.surinenglish.com/local/202003/15/walk-common-questions-answered-20200315134340.html?fbclid=IwAR27m1cjh0cvnC5UGG_bHgnZKiCtT3MQ1fAsB5pnL3GL0lxWzpCwVHzhz3o

In other places, like Germany for example, I think you're still allowed to, for the moment. I live in a rented studio apartment, so I'm weighing up whether to get a fairly cheap indoor bike and some dumbbells, just in case we go the way of Spain. I don't think the neighbours downstairs (as I've got wooden flooring and just walking about is noisy) would appreciate me trying to complete an ultra marathon in my flat.

I seem to have picked up a cold - I don't have the fever or a cough that is associated with the coronavirus, at least not yet. Still, I've decided to work from home until I'm better.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2020, 02:58:16 pm »
What happens after 7 days if you feel better? Seeing people I follow online who have been diagnosed with it and self isolating

If the cough persists but all other symptoms have cleared up after 7 days, you can go back to work etc. That's according to the 111 website.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2020, 02:59:05 pm »

Best way to pass the time whilst you can't go out.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2020, 03:41:10 pm »
I've had a cough for weeks but today started feeling a bit of tightness in my chest and got a bit breathless walking down 6 flights of stairs at work. Not hot so probably just a cold

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2020, 03:57:57 pm »
I've had a cough for weeks but today started feeling a bit of tightness in my chest and got a bit breathless walking down 6 flights of stairs at work. Not hot so probably just a cold

Still lugging that couch around?

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 16, 2020, 03:58:28 pm »
My body temp feels like it's tripled overnight, no coughs just a lot of sneezing so I'm guessing it's just a cold. Either way, been asked to work from home for a week

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 16, 2020, 04:04:53 pm »

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 16, 2020, 04:17:58 pm »
Still lugging that couch around?
Live shot of Rob, perplexed how he is short of breath. ;D

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 16, 2020, 04:30:06 pm »
I said running not cycling haha. You can’t roll downhill on your feet. ;-)
Was a bit tipsy last night.

;D

Never one to flap here but I feel like cack today. No energy at all.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 16, 2020, 04:42:43 pm »
Apologies for the sidetrack...for an average sized male who usually goes to a gym and is in decent shape, what size kettlebell(s) are best? I can bench and squat my own weight for reps. Am I ok with one, or should I get two of different weights? I'm leery of ordering one way too light or way too heavy. Thanks in advance.
8/12kg will probably be good (at least for starters), some squats, swings etc are good fun

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: March 16, 2020, 05:13:10 pm »
Me and another girl in my department. Feel like shit, rapidly feeling shitter.
Aren't you pregnant Sian? You should be getting monitored properly.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 16, 2020, 07:10:57 pm »
Felt poorly a while ago. Got bronchitis at the moment. Inhaler has been a massive help.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: March 16, 2020, 08:12:45 pm »
Should add a poll to this. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: March 16, 2020, 08:14:49 pm »
Aren't you pregnant Sian? You should be getting monitored properly.

Got a friend who is due on Saturday.  I don't have any kind of regular contact with her but we chat intermittently on FB.  I've not raised the issue because she probably has enough to deal with and has plenty of family supporting her, but I am kind of worried for her and Harvey.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline God's Left Peg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2020, 09:33:40 pm »
If you're actually ill (more than a simple cold) you shouldn't do any exercise - there have been (young) people at peak fitness who have died exercising in such situations. Think the advice is if you feel ill above the neck (other than a fever) then it's OK but maybe scale it back, below the beck and don't do any.

Head and nose anything goes
Throat and chest give it a rest
"The socialism I believe in is everybody working for the same goal and everybody having a share in the rewards. That's how I see football, that's how I see life."

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2020, 10:15:17 pm »
Think I’ve got it. Came back from Amsterdam Thursday night and today I’ve been absolutely sweating and have an annoying dry cough and I’m now going from sweating to freezing on and off.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 16, 2020, 11:06:38 pm »
Was a bit tipsy last night.

;D

Never one to flap here but I feel like cack today. No energy at all.

Haha.  ;D

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 16, 2020, 11:09:27 pm »

Yeah that’s how I’d decide. Head cold fine. On the chest give it a rest.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: March 16, 2020, 11:23:27 pm »

Think I’ve got it. Came back from Amsterdam Thursday night and today I’ve been absolutely sweating and have an annoying dry cough and I’m now going from sweating to freezing on and off.
How old are you Andy?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2020, 09:01:48 am by Mark Walters »