Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 552668 times)

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
Re: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #1720 on: October 24, 2022, 11:26:23 pm »
I support Liverpool, presumably same as most here.

Did you have anything to take issue with or add with regard to the content of my post?

No you don’t.
I take issue with your comparison to a cpu.
Not to mention your anti Klopp agenda.
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1721 on: October 25, 2022, 10:31:45 am »
Gordon confirmed out until 2023 with his pelvic issues.
AHA!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1722 on: October 25, 2022, 10:55:52 am »
Gordon confirmed out until 2023 with his pelvic issues.
I haven't got any comparisons with other clubs, but over the years some of our younger players, particularly ones that are tipped to progress, have had some really long term injuries. It's difficult to make accurate comparisons, but I'd be interested in whether this is normal.

Offline Aldo1988

• Legacy Fan
  • Superduperfan & Whopper. Ooh sexist.
« Reply #1723 on: October 25, 2022, 11:15:14 am »
There's got to be something wrong with our training methods if we are having so many bad injuries.  Are we over working our player, are the fitness coaches any good?  Not sure if it's the club doctor's fault either.
"Has Anyone Really Been Far Even as Decided to Use Even Go Want to do Look More Like?"

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1724 on: October 25, 2022, 11:17:18 am »
Just listening to TAW and there was a comment about our best midfielders (Thiago) being of the age where we have to manage there minutes, our prime midfielders in terms of age are hugely injury prone and then you have kids. That's not right to be in that position. Then you have Fabinho who looks fucked

No club doctor as well apparently? And being so risk averse for players getting injured but they're getting injured anyway so it's not even working

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1725 on: October 25, 2022, 11:18:07 am »
It’s a growth issue, I’m not sure even having Doctor House could help with it.
AHA!

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1726 on: October 25, 2022, 11:21:35 am »
Not sure why a doctor would help any of these issues.  Surely it is the sports scientists and physios who deal with the training schedule not a club doctor?

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: October 25, 2022, 11:33:29 am »
Not sure why a doctor would help any of these issues.  Surely it is the sports scientists and physios who deal with the training schedule not a club doctor?

Why don't we have one though? I'm not saying a club doctor could or couldn't of prevented injuries but it's the fact we don't have one..just like we thought we could get away with old and injury prone midfielders, even the defence is injury prone. Gomez, Matip and Konate pick up injuries, alot.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: October 25, 2022, 11:38:41 am »
Just listening to TAW and there was a comment about our best midfielders (Thiago) being of the age where we have to manage there minutes, our prime midfielders in terms of age are hugely injury prone and then you have kids. That's not right to be in that position. Then you have Fabinho who looks fucked

No club doctor as well apparently? And being so risk averse for players getting injured but they're getting injured anyway so it's not even working
It's not their faults but the £90m and the £250k/week in wages that went on Ox and Keita is what's hurt us.  If they were playing 50 games between them - the minimum you'd expect from players of their age - then our midfield would look well stocked.

It's been evident for some time that they can't do that but FSG don't seem willing to carry them and add further midfielders.  Both will almost certainly be gone this summer so it feels like it's a crossroads for FSG to either dig deep and sort the midfield or cheap out and leave Klopp to manage a slow decline similar to Wenger's final years.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1729 on: October 25, 2022, 12:02:29 pm »

he would have diagnosed it as Rabdo anyway

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1730 on: October 25, 2022, 01:53:29 pm »
Why don't we have one though? I'm not saying a club doctor could or couldn't of prevented injuries but it's the fact we don't have one..just like we thought we could get away with old and injury prone midfielders, even the defence is injury prone. Gomez, Matip and Konate pick up injuries, alot.

With the fixture list we have this season, everyone is going to be injury prone this season, it's totally stupid.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1731 on: October 25, 2022, 01:57:29 pm »
Out until 2023 sounds more drastic than it is but still frustrating.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: October 25, 2022, 02:07:20 pm »

Yep I don’t think it’s anything to worry about in the long term, Gerrard had some of the same issues coming through just one of those things.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1733 on: October 25, 2022, 02:54:07 pm »

Club doctor left in August for whatever reason (himself promoted from the academy after his predecessor left). We are plugging the gap again with staff on temporary promotion from the Academy while looking for a replacement.

Piece from Ian Doyle yesterday to this effect.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: October 25, 2022, 02:57:52 pm »
he would have diagnosed it as Rabdo anyway

:D

And definitely not Lupus, it's never Lupus.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1735 on: October 25, 2022, 03:03:23 pm »
Ramsey, Konata, Nunez and Keita back in training. No sign of Thiago.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: October 25, 2022, 03:06:44 pm »
Ramsey, Konata, Nunez and Keita back in training. No sign of Thiago.
I'd guess with Thiago that he'd go straight back into the squad as soon as his ear is better.  It's not one of those where he'd need to prove his fitness in a training session.  Without wanting to tempt fate how long can an ear infection really last for?  :o

Hopefully the shortness of Darwin's absence means he's also in contention as we looked very blunt without his directness.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1737 on: October 25, 2022, 03:22:12 pm »
I'd guess with Thiago that he'd go straight back into the squad as soon as his ear is better.  It's not one of those where he'd need to prove his fitness in a training session.  Without wanting to tempt fate how long can an ear infection really last for?  :o

Hopefully the shortness of Darwin's absence means he's also in contention as we looked very blunt without his directness.

Thiago only came down with it on Saturday morning so it'll wipe him out for a few days and hoping it responds to any antibiotics to kill the infection. They can take a while to get rid of or settle on your chest.

It sounded like a bad one.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #1738 on: October 25, 2022, 03:24:50 pm »
I also have an ear infection right now, I also wasn't in training today.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1739 on: October 25, 2022, 03:31:36 pm »
Meh! we were sent to school with a piece of cotton wool dipped in some sort of warm oil stuffed in our ear.
I'm sure it's no different for elite sports people.

Online gerrardisgod

• Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1740 on: October 25, 2022, 03:32:53 pm »
It wouldn’t be a bad thing to get as much cotton wool in and around Thiago, I guess.
AHA!

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1741 on: October 25, 2022, 07:48:03 pm »
Seeng as though we don’t have a team doctor at the moment has anyone considered Thiago might need antibiotics 😜

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: October 25, 2022, 07:48:55 pm »
Seeng as though we don’t have a team doctor at the moment has anyone considered Thiago might need antibiotics 😜
nope.  last I heard the physios were taking turns trying to slap the dizziness out of him.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: October 25, 2022, 07:50:03 pm »
Klopp definitely frustrated about players minutes being managed. We are doing all that and still players are getting injured. Does Klopp get to knock his medical and sports science team out? If he doesnt then surely he gets the chance during the world cup?

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1744 on: October 25, 2022, 07:54:57 pm »

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1746 on: October 25, 2022, 07:56:53 pm »
nope.  last I heard the physios were taking turns trying to slap the dizziness out of him.

They just need to throw his head back, that will stop the dizziness.

Online SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1747 on: October 25, 2022, 08:24:44 pm »
throw his head back

and lose him for the season ??!!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: October 25, 2022, 08:30:45 pm »
and lose him for the season ??!!

I have to do that, when my ear crystals go walkabouts.  ;D

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1749 on: October 25, 2022, 09:03:58 pm »
Klopp definitely frustrated about players minutes being managed. We are doing all that and still players are getting injured. Does Klopp get to knock his medical and sports science team out? If he doesnt then surely he gets the chance during the world cup?

Why did the club doctor leave in August and with no replacement? If he was going to leave why not at the end of last season?

The World Cup break is a chance to reset some things but it's all a bit of a shitshow at the moment.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1750 on: October 25, 2022, 10:08:41 pm »
Klopp’s has made quite a fair few frustrated comments about the medical staff in press conferences this season. Something clearly not quite right there.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1751 on: October 25, 2022, 11:14:29 pm »
Why did the club doctor leave in August and with no replacement? If he was going to leave why not at the end of last season?

The World Cup break is a chance to reset some things but it's all a bit of a shitshow at the moment.

Maybe it was him who choose to leave rather than the club getting rid of him. We have a big medical team including a head of fitness and conditioning, head of recovery and performance, head of physiotherapy, head of nutrition, etc. So it's not as though not having a full time club Dr leaves us in peril.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1752 on: October 25, 2022, 11:31:13 pm »
Klopp’s has made quite a fair few frustrated comments about the medical staff in press conferences this season. Something clearly not quite right there.

Well he gets in the neck. Already I have seen people discuss Henderson and Trent not starting and why we didnt play them from the start and take them off after 45 or 60 minutes. I think he spelled it out that he was told they (i presume he meant them) could only play for 20 minutes.

All these managements of minutes, Klopp getting it in the neck that makes it harder to motivate his side and his players are getting injured anyway.

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1753 on: October 26, 2022, 12:20:48 am »
Kostas Tsimikas and Calvin Ramsay, who were both pictured taking part in training, were not spotted boarding the plane to Amsterdam.

... please ... don't tell me .....

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #1754 on: October 26, 2022, 01:42:34 am »
Kostas Tsimikas and Calvin Ramsay, who were both pictured taking part in training, were not spotted boarding the plane to Amsterdam.

... please ... don't tell me .....

That's because they got on the with the in-flight crew earlier.

FSG cut the pilot budget so the lads are helping out.
We are Liverpool!

Online SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1755 on: October 26, 2022, 02:23:05 am »

You've been talking to Al haven't you?

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1756 on: October 26, 2022, 02:28:09 am »

Make sense, Ramsay might not be even an actual footballer. He might be a junior pilot who is acting as though he is an elite athlete. FSG was worried that we will demand for a back up right back, so they hired Ramsay. Luckily we have 17 year old Milner boy as back up.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1757 on: October 26, 2022, 11:30:24 am »
Thiago only came down with it on Saturday morning so it'll wipe him out for a few days and hoping it responds to any antibiotics to kill the infection. 

I had an ear infection a few years ago that resulted in several days of acute vertigo and a visit to A&E. It fucked with my balance and produced waves of dizziness.  I'm not surprised that Thiago isn't available for Ajax considering it was bad enough for him to go to hospital

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1758 on: October 26, 2022, 11:43:49 am »
I had an ear infection a few years ago that resulted in several days of acute vertigo and a visit to A&E. It fucked with my balance and produced waves of dizziness.  I'm not surprised that Thiago isn't available for Ajax considering it was bad enough for him to go to hospital

I used to get them all the time.  Took around a week even with antibiotics, they can be really nasty.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1759 on: October 26, 2022, 04:21:26 pm »
I used to get them all the time.  Took around a week even with antibiotics, they can be really nasty.

And when that plane comes in to land at Schipol you certainly wouldn’t want your ears popping with pressure change.