Author Topic: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'  (Read 728591 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'
« Reply #6520 on: December 17, 2013, 11:17:38 am »
Wish Wenger would shut the fuck up about Suarez. Stick your Giroud upfront and stop taking care about Liverpool players Arsene.

I wouldn't even let it bother you mate.

Offline shawnk

• redemptn
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #6521 on: December 17, 2013, 11:23:06 am »
This is the season by season PL top scorers:

2012–13   Robin van Persie (2)   26               
2011–12   Robin van Persie   30               
2010–11   Carlos Tévez   20               
2010–11   Dimitar Berbatov   20               
2009–10   Didier Drogba (2)   29               
2008–09   Nicolas Anelka   19               
2007–08   Cristiano Ronaldo   31               
2006–07   Didier Drogba   20               
2005–06   Thierry Henry (4)   27               
2004–05   Thierry Henry (3)   25               
2003–04   Thierry Henry (2)   30               
2002–03   Ruud van Nistelrooy   25               
2001–02   Thierry Henry   24               
2000–01   Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (2)   23               
1999–2000   Kevin Phillips   30               
1998–99   Dwight Yorke   18               
1998–99   Michael Owen (2)   18               
1998–99   Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink   18               
1997–98   Chris Sutton   18               
1997–98   Michael Owen   18               
1997–98   Dion Dublin   18               
1996–97   Alan Shearer (3)   25               
1995–96   Alan Shearer (2)   31               
1994–95   Alan Shearer   34               
1993–94   Andrew Cole   34               
1992–93   Teddy Sheringham   22               

I'm surprised God is not on it. Are you sure this list is valid?

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #6522 on: December 17, 2013, 11:27:43 am »
It is mate, Fowler never won the PL Golden Boot. Just one of them mad things!
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6523 on: December 17, 2013, 11:28:45 am »
Its ridiculous that 18 has won it a few times, and he's already just 1 goal behind that

Offline Mello

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6524 on: December 17, 2013, 11:30:50 am »

Yeah.  God's top league seasons were:

94-95: 25 Goals
95-96: 28 Goals
96-97: 18 Goals

Offline @indykaila

• the twitter guy off twitter with the hat, off twitter
  • Main Stander
  • Never forget JFT96
« Reply #6525 on: December 17, 2013, 11:31:13 am »
There's 22 games left. Assuming he was fit and selected for each one, and kept up the same scoring rate he would be on course for 51 goals (in 33 matches).

This is the season by season PL top scorers:

2012–13   Robin van Persie (2)   26               
2011–12   Robin van Persie   30               
2010–11   Carlos Tévez   20               
2010–11   Dimitar Berbatov   20               
2009–10   Didier Drogba (2)   29               
2008–09   Nicolas Anelka   19               
2007–08   Cristiano Ronaldo   31               
2006–07   Didier Drogba   20               
2005–06   Thierry Henry (4)   27               
2004–05   Thierry Henry (3)   25               
2003–04   Thierry Henry (2)   30               
2002–03   Ruud van Nistelrooy   25               
2001–02   Thierry Henry   24               
2000–01   Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (2)   23               
1999–2000   Kevin Phillips   30               
1998–99   Dwight Yorke   18               
1998–99   Michael Owen (2)   18               
1998–99   Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink   18               
1997–98   Chris Sutton   18               
1997–98   Michael Owen   18               
1997–98   Dion Dublin   18               
1996–97   Alan Shearer (3)   25               
1995–96   Alan Shearer (2)   31               
1994–95   Alan Shearer   34               
1993–94   Andrew Cole   34               
1992–93   Teddy Sheringham   22               

I'm sure he won't get 50 + goals, injury, suspension rotation and the return of Sturridge are all possible factors, but the absolute top benchmark is 30 really and that's only been reached 3 times since the turn of the century.

Intersting. Will use these stats later for my follwers on twitter.  Thanks. No god, crazy.
When we win the league my life will be completed

Offline mulfella

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hedgehogs are boss
« Reply #6526 on: December 17, 2013, 11:43:20 am »
I'm actually pretty certain he'll break 35 and set a new PL record, given the rate he's putting them away and his general resistance to niggling injuries. Bans are another matter, but I genuinely believe he's turned a new leaf on that front too.

I think you are right, but I was just pointing out that I don't think its realistic to expect the scoring rate to continue for the rest of the season because it's beyond belief at the moment.

Barring anything odd though 35 - 40 is well achievable and as you say, will break / smash the current record.

18 has won it sometimes and he's only one goal off that already. (6 times, oddly, 6 years in a row).

I just wanted to highlight just how off the scale he is at the moment. Look at the players who's record's he's on course to smash.

Henry
Ronaldo
Van Persie
Drogba
Shearer
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:47:14 am by mulfella »
A place full of grammer Nazi's?
'Grammar' and no apostrophe in 'nazis'.

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6527 on: December 17, 2013, 12:20:15 pm »
I’m a very good friend of Stewie Griffin from Family Guy and he let me have a go on his time machine this morning. I sneaked around my future house in the year 2067 and after the shock of seeing me as a wizened face, baldy old man, somewhat like Garry Mac, with wispy, grey hair, stooped over a holographic ipad, I managed to spy on a holomail that I was composing to a friend in Alpha Centauri. (I also found out fairly quickly that scientists had finally managed to crack warp speed.) Apparently the Alpha Centaurians didn’t know much about football but even there, billions of miles away, they’d heard about Luis Alberto Suarez.

Darth Buck, my holomail friend from the future wanted to know more about the legendary man for a project that he was undertaking on a social science project at the Inter Galactic University of Alpha Centauri, about the most important Earthlings of the early 21st century. This is what my arthritic, veiny fingers wrote to him…

My Dear friend Darth,

You have asked an old man for his recollection of the most famous footballer of all time because as you know, I was there and I’m honoured to have been so. You asked specifically what Luis meant to Liverpool?

What Luis means to this day for all Liverpool fans is something difficult to explain to a foreigner/alien sixty years later. He was the symbol of the 2010's and if you were not in Liverpool from 2011 to 2019 you could never imagine what Suarez meant and still means to all of those on the red side of the city and billions of people throughout the planet and beyond.

From his arrival the fans began to love him like a son and almost immediately it became apparent that he was the man who would return Liverpool F.C. to their rightful place at the summit of English football.

Despite an illustrious past, the club had never won the revamped Premier League, nor a league title in 24 years and needed somebody who would be capable of leading the club back to the top of English, European and World football. This man was going to be Luis Alberto Suarez.

The years from 2011 to 2019 were unique and impossible to repeat. When he arrived from Ajax in the winter of 2011 and played his first game on the 2nd February 2011, the fans knew immediately that they were witnessing something special. And so it proved to be.

If you were in Liverpool at that time to witness the joy of the people when they won their first, second and third Premier League titles, becoming once again the most successful English side of all time, you would understand that some things are difficult to explain by words.

Suarez had a great social importance too. He became the idol of the people and many people living in the midst of a recession found a way to forget their problems thinking about the joy that the superstar brought to their difficult lives. Some people saw him as a liberator, somebody who could give them a reason to have courage and hope. I think that if some archaeologists in the year 3000 AD finds some "ancient" objects about Suarez, they will probably think that he was a sort of idol, something people worshipped. They wouldn't be far off the truth.

Suarez was almost everywhere in Liverpool; murals in the streets, on advertisements and his goofy smile shone on all kinds of souvenirs. Songs were sung in his honour, poems were written and statues were erected. My friend, he was everywhere. If you hated him, then you would have been better getting away from Liverpool. But nobody could hate him. He was a hero for everybody, he gave the joy of the first Premier League title to the people and a worldwide renown to the city, the likes of which hadn't been seen since a band called The Beatles rode to prominence in the 1960’s.

I have heard of many people whose thoughts, when they think about Liverpool, soon go to Suarez. A friend told me about a man in Tanzania, (a little known country in in those days, on Earth,) who when he heard the word England, said "What is England?", but when he heard "I am from Liverpool",  said "Ah, Liverpool: Luis Alberto Suarez". Since I am from Liverpool, when I speak to foreigners about football and I say "I’m a Liverpool fan," they suddenly tell me: "Liverpool, Suarez".

He was simply the best football player ever. The way he played at Liverpool was something unbelievable. I am proud to say: "I saw him" and "I was there." Especially when he led our team to win three Premier League titles, three F.A. Cup’s, two League Cup’s and possibly most importantly our fifth and sixth European Cups, when over a million people swarmed to the city to celebrate with him.

I was lucky to be part of the joy of Liverpool and I was lucky because I saw Him play. All Liverpudlian’s and fans around the world should thank him for what he gave to us and to the city. The years when he played at Anfield are unforgettable and will cast a long shadow for all time.

Now tell me more about those famous Alpha Centauri nymphs and the strange pleasure orifices that make you…

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6528 on: December 17, 2013, 12:24:55 pm »
Its ridiculous that 18 has won it a few times, and he's already just 1 goal behind that

Not really. Three players simply shared the golden boot on 18 that season.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #6529 on: December 17, 2013, 12:29:12 pm »

A good season for defenders!
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6530 on: December 17, 2013, 12:34:12 pm »
A good season for defenders!
I don't know about that mate, Dion Dublin scored 18 that season.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #6531 on: December 17, 2013, 12:37:51 pm »
I don't know about that mate, Dion Dublin scored 18 that season.

:lmao

Point taken!
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #6532 on: December 17, 2013, 01:48:35 pm »
I’m a very good friend of Stewie Griffin from Family Guy and he let me have a go on his time machine this morning. I sneaked around my future house in the year 2067 and after the shock of seeing me as a wizened face, baldy old man, somewhat like Garry Mac, with wispy, grey hair, stooped over a holographic ipad, I managed to spy on a holomail that I was composing to a friend in Alpha Centauri. (I also found out fairly quickly that scientists had finally managed to crack warp speed.) Apparently the Alpha Centaurians didn’t know much about football but even there, billions of miles away, they’d heard about Luis Alberto Suarez.

Darth Buck, my holomail friend from the future wanted to know more about the legendary man for a project that he was undertaking on a social science project at the Inter Galactic University of Alpha Centauri, about the most important Earthlings of the early 21st century. This is what my arthritic, veiny fingers wrote to him…

My Dear friend Darth,

You have asked an old man for his recollection of the most famous footballer of all time because as you know, I was there and I’m honoured to have been so. You asked specifically what Luis meant to Liverpool?

What Luis means to this day for all Liverpool fans is something difficult to explain to a foreigner/alien sixty years later. He was the symbol of the 2010's and if you were not in Liverpool from 2011 to 2019 you could never imagine what Suarez meant and still means to all of those on the red side of the city and billions of people throughout the planet and beyond.

From his arrival the fans began to love him like a son and almost immediately it became apparent that he was the man who would return Liverpool F.C. to their rightful place at the summit of English football.

Despite an illustrious past, the club had never won the revamped Premier League, nor a league title in 24 years and needed somebody who would be capable of leading the club back to the top of English, European and World football. This man was going to be Luis Alberto Suarez.

The years from 2011 to 2019 were unique and impossible to repeat. When he arrived from Ajax in the winter of 2011 and played his first game on the 2nd February 2011, the fans knew immediately that they were witnessing something special. And so it proved to be.

If you were in Liverpool at that time to witness the joy of the people when they won their first, second and third Premier League titles, becoming once again the most successful English side of all time, you would understand that some things are difficult to explain by words.

Suarez had a great social importance too. He became the idol of the people and many people living in the midst of a recession found a way to forget their problems thinking about the joy that the superstar brought to their difficult lives. Some people saw him as a liberator, somebody who could give them a reason to have courage and hope. I think that if some archaeologists in the year 3000 AD finds some "ancient" objects about Suarez, they will probably think that he was a sort of idol, something people worshipped. They wouldn't be far off the truth.

Suarez was almost everywhere in Liverpool; murals in the streets, on advertisements and his goofy smile shone on all kinds of souvenirs. Songs were sung in his honour, poems were written and statues were erected. My friend, he was everywhere. If you hated him, then you would have been better getting away from Liverpool. But nobody could hate him. He was a hero for everybody, he gave the joy of the first Premier League title to the people and a worldwide renown to the city, the likes of which hadn't been seen since a band called The Beatles rode to prominence in the 1960’s.

I have heard of many people whose thoughts, when they think about Liverpool, soon go to Suarez. A friend told me about a man in Tanzania, (a little known country in in those days, on Earth,) who when he heard the word England, said "What is England?", but when he heard "I am from Liverpool",  said "Ah, Liverpool: Luis Alberto Suarez". Since I am from Liverpool, when I speak to foreigners about football and I say "I’m a Liverpool fan," they suddenly tell me: "Liverpool, Suarez".

He was simply the best football player ever. The way he played at Liverpool was something unbelievable. I am proud to say: "I saw him" and "I was there." Especially when he led our team to win three Premier League titles, three F.A. Cup’s, two League Cup’s and possibly most importantly our fifth and sixth European Cups, when over a million people swarmed to the city to celebrate with him.

I was lucky to be part of the joy of Liverpool and I was lucky because I saw Him play. All Liverpudlian’s and fans around the world should thank him for what he gave to us and to the city. The years when he played at Anfield are unforgettable and will cast a long shadow for all time.

Now tell me more about those famous Alpha Centauri nymphs and the strange pleasure orifices that make you…

Great first post mate, welcome to the forum :)
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6533 on: December 17, 2013, 02:13:07 pm »
The reason Suarez didn't get his big move this summer was because he was seen as a "toxic cheat" in the game.

The big money signings, unless you're an oil baron club, are on the basis of commercial power of the player. Real Madrid can justify spending 80m on Ronaldo and Bale, because they know they can turn those slick haired prancing bells into pin ups around the world. Real obviously have that platform because they are a massive commercial machine. They have the history to attract big players, they're competitive in their league, always in the CL and can also afford to pay these players £300k+ a week. The plan is to make it back on the back of selling merchandise, massive sponsorship deals, massive tv deals and filling out their massive stadium.

But they wouldn't have gone for Suarez in the summer because he'd been controversial to say the least. Obviously he was also halfway through another long ban at the time as well.

This season, he will have come out, focusing on his football, being the best he can and keeping his head down. Giving those humble interviews (how many times did he turn out for those last season?) and bit by bit, his football will do the talking. Henry Winter's about turn is the whole point of this season for him. Because instead of Arsenal (who wouldn't go above £40m+1 for him) he wanted a Barca or Real to come in and take him to that level of Ronaldo, Messi etc. He's trying to convince them this season, and next summer he'll probably get his wish to be honest. Especially if he's scoring at the rate he's doing all season, and turning around that image he's built up over the last couple of years.

It's probably a bit cynical, but I think that's what it is. I'm fine with it, I know how these players think, and Suarez is one of the very very few in history who'll probably get the chance to be such a player. Worldwide superstardom, tripled an already big salary, playing for a decorated club and playing in the big competitions.

As Stevie said the other day, let's just enjoy him whilst he's here. If there's a small chance he stays next season, then great, otherwise we'll get to (hopefully) see one of the best season's a player in this league's ever had, and a £60m+ injection into the transfer kitty for next season.

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6534 on: December 17, 2013, 02:17:38 pm »

What do you mean not really?

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6535 on: December 17, 2013, 02:18:10 pm »

If there's a small chance he stays next season, then great, otherwise we'll get to (hopefully) see one of the best season's a player in this league's ever had, and a £60m+ injection into the transfer kitty for next season.

if it happens (even if we make the CL) - ie he keeps a clean image and also wants to leave - it will be 80+.

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #6536 on: December 17, 2013, 02:24:27 pm »
if it happens (even if we make the CL) - ie he keeps a clean image and also wants to leave - it will be 80+.

Or £100m plus. If we were persusded to sell. Any way, pointless talking about that now.

-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #6537 on: December 17, 2013, 02:55:32 pm »
Just wait for all the shite in the Jan transfer window and £80m + offers

Good to see that Suarez is settled and is playing so well, so all the bollocks can be ignored,
but we really do need to offer him an improved contract before Jan.

Charlie Stillitano, a radio personality, agent and former player here in the US said on Monday this week (and he is quite well connected in Europe) for Liverpool to brace themselves for offers for Suarez, in particular cause he is not cup tied. He also said in summer to expect an offer that will blow the Gareth Bale offer out of the water.
I hope we keep a hold of Suarez regardless of any offers and get him tied up long term. 

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #6538 on: December 17, 2013, 02:56:47 pm »
I'm not ashamed to say I was one of the supporters of the opinion the club should have got rid in the summer as his constant comments angered me so much,

However it honestly feels like a distant bad dream at the moment and he is slowly becoming the 2nd greatest player I've seen in an LFC shirt, I was born in 86 so Gerrard still holds that title and will do unless Luis stays for at least another 4-5 years,

On that subject I genuinely believe if we qualify for the CL and fight for the title until April/May he will stay. He deserves CL league football and if he was competing in that competition he'd be a geniune contender for the Ballon D'or no question and he knows it, so if we can give him it, I can see no reason for him leaving,

If (it's a big if) he behaves on the pitch and continues this form, come next summer no club and I mean no club will be able to afford him. He'll be in the same price bracket as Ronaldo and Messi (priceless). Real have fucked this up big time with their £85m signing of Bale because where do they go for future targets?? Bale's a great player and doing very well at Real but Luis is honestly twice the player, our manager and board know this so they'll have to go north of £100m to even get our attention because we can just say simply 'you paid £85m for Bale, Suarez is much better, you must pay much more'.

I may never love him the same as I did pre-summer because I do not want to trust a hope however he truly is an astonishing talent who I love playing for our club. The fans reaction when he returned, showed we are a class above the petite nature of most fair weather fans who turn their back on players for the slightest thing, Suarez has seen this and maybe, just maybe he realises he is home?

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6539 on: December 17, 2013, 03:28:25 pm »
Charlie Stillitano, a radio personality, agent and former player here in the US said on Monday this week (and he is quite well connected in Europe) for Liverpool to brace themselves for offers for Suarez, in particular cause he is not cup tied. He also said in summer to expect an offer that will blow the Gareth Bale offer out of the water.
I hope we keep a hold of Suarez regardless of any offers and get him tied up long term.

We'll really really have really fight off interest from all angles. Not only other clubs but I guarantee that his agent will in his ear all the time. He'll want that insane commission from the deal. I think the best thing we need to do is offer him a BIG contract. He's worth 2 top players alone.

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6540 on: December 17, 2013, 03:45:14 pm »

Such insight from Mr Stillitano there.

Offline No Appreciation of Liverpool Opposition

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #6541 on: December 17, 2013, 03:48:14 pm »
Just wait for all the shite in the Jan transfer window and £80m + offers

Good to see that Suarez is settled and is playing so well, so all the bollocks can be ignored,
but we really do need to offer him an improved contract before Jan.
seems pretty apparent from the club that the deal they made with Suarez this summer was if it's too a foreign team you can go next summer. This was also kind of alluded too by Gerrard in the studio after the Spurs game. Thing is no one abroad really wants him and if we can finish this season out third or above I think he'll stay.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #6542 on: December 17, 2013, 03:49:05 pm »
Such insight from Mr Stillitano there.

He's a "radio personality". Show some respect.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6543 on: December 17, 2013, 03:49:10 pm »
seems pretty apparent from the club that the deal they made with Suarez this summer was if it's too a foreign team you can go next summer. This was also kind of alluded too by Gerrard in the studio after the Spurs game. Thing is no one abroad really wants him and if we can finish this season out third or above I think he'll stay.

How do you know this?

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #6544 on: December 17, 2013, 03:52:44 pm »
How do you know this?

Clearly they didn't want to buy him in the summer, they didn't bid.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6545 on: December 17, 2013, 03:53:35 pm »

Big difference from now and what happened in the summer though.

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #6546 on: December 17, 2013, 03:54:57 pm »
Big difference from now and what happened in the summer though.

Agreed. I just thing that was the point he was trying to make, think.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6547 on: December 17, 2013, 04:01:58 pm »

;)

I genuinely don't know if I can make it through another transfer window, the bullshit has started already.

• Won't get out of bed for Palace. Gimme an N! Gimme a U! Gimme an M! (yet still needs it spelt out!)
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #6548 on: December 17, 2013, 04:10:25 pm »
How do you know this?
for one gerrard talking about a "big club will come knocking for him" and it only makes sense i mean how else did they quite down his want for a move? they had to promise him something. The other thing is he needs to play this year anyway what with the world cup and all, he couldn't pull a tevez.
I fell in love with football as I would later fall in love with women: suddenly, uncritically, giving no thought to the pain it would bring

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6549 on: December 17, 2013, 04:11:37 pm »
for one gerrard talking about a "big club will come knocking for him" and it only makes sense i mean how else did they quite down his want for a move? they had to promise him something. The other thing is he needs to play this year anyway what with the world cup and all, he couldn't pull a tevez.

No I meant , how do you know no-one wants him?
The other part made sense.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #6550 on: December 17, 2013, 04:12:06 pm »
How do you know this?
oh the no one abroad wants him. well they didn't buy him did they? and who can buy him. Bayern, Barcelona, Real, maybe PSG. no room for him in there.

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6551 on: December 17, 2013, 04:13:30 pm »
oh the no one abroad wants him. well they didn't buy him did they? and who can buy him. Bayern, Barcelona, Real, maybe PSG. no room for him in there.

They didn't buy him then. Lots changed since the summer.

Really, no room is any of those teams? I think any of those teams would happily make place for Suarez.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #6552 on: December 17, 2013, 04:15:08 pm »
They didn't buy him then. Lots changed since the summer.

Really, no room is any of those teams? I think any of those teams would happily make place for Suarez.
where? i mean seriously you have to demote a top top player for suarez to fit in one of those teams. Bale and Ronaldo ain't going anywhere. Or messi and neymar.

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #6553 on: December 17, 2013, 04:15:27 pm »

I take it you've actually seen the lad play this season?

Their is not a team in the World who wouldn't want him.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 04:17:10 pm by exiledinthemanger »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline TomMorganLittle

• Kopite
  • -P-U-N-X-
« Reply #6554 on: December 17, 2013, 04:16:26 pm »

I think, they would make room for one of the best strikers in the world.
-P-U-N-X-

Bastion of Invincibility

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
    • My blog
« Reply #6555 on: December 17, 2013, 04:17:26 pm »
I take it you've actually seen the lad play this season?

They're is not a team in the World who wouldn't want him.
for the price. I mean seriously as we saw with Ozil and Bale Real would need to sell a player to come up with the funds to buy him that wouldn't relaly be a step forward for them. Maybe make it easier for Perez to stay president. Same with Barca. Bayern has the most likely hole for him i feel but he still won't be the centre piece there and he's still a 50+ million player. you don't spend that sort of money on the drop of a hat.

Gaston Ramirez.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6556 on: December 17, 2013, 04:18:45 pm »
Maybe I'm just a fool. But I generally believe Suarez WILL stay if we get into Champions League next season.

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #6557 on: December 17, 2013, 04:18:49 pm »

http://www.sportspromedia.com/quick_fire_questions/charlie_stillitano_on_how_to_organise_a_pre_season_soccer_tournament/

While he does have a radio show here on satellite radio he is about as well connected as anyone. His primary work is agent, promoter etc. You can see from the article that's linked.  He is particularly connected to Real Madrid, and did say that Real Madrid absolutely love Suarez on Monday, before going in to offers to be made.
Now, I think we'll keep Suarez as I think that John Henry is no Daniel Levy. We'll learn the Spurs lesson I suppose. I don't think John Henry will submit to anyone but it will likely take a very improved contract for Suarez as well, which he does deserve based on his ridiculous form.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6558 on: December 17, 2013, 04:19:24 pm »
where? i mean seriously you have to demote a top top player for suarez to fit in one of those teams. Bale and Ronaldo ain't going anywhere. Or messi and neymar.

Bale and Ronaldo are wide players, Suarez isn't. So he wouldn't be replacing and of those.

Messi is injured and plays behind the striker ala Countinho. Neymar would be Suarez direct competition yes but if it's a choice between Suarez and say Alexis Sanchez , Sanchez would be on the bench.

Or say Benzema, I think Suarez would get in the team ahead of him.

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #6559 on: December 17, 2013, 04:20:56 pm »
Maybe I'm just a fool. But I generally believe Suarez WILL stay if we get into Champions League next season.

I think based on our 2013 form (post Coutihno and Sturridge) that CL qualification for us is a no brainer. We are kicking ass and taking names and Suarez is getting better and better. The question will be, does Suarez really "love" Madrid so much that he will try another shitstorm again. I think not.