Author Topic: Pre- Match thread:Liverpool V Bournemouth AFC, 5th April 2017 KO 8pm  (Read 23465 times)

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
5th April, 2017 – Liverpool V Bournemouth – FA Premier League- 8 Pm KO, Anfield

When I sat down to research some links between Bournemouth and Liverpool, I was surprised to read that the Beatles played more gigs there than anywhere outside of Liverpool or London. In fact, it is believed that the first ever live performance of ‘she loves you’ took place in the town, as announced by Paul McCartney himself to the screaming crowd that it was their…

“new single being released on Friday”

...of course, they bought it in droves. They loved them. The town has even had a Beatles exhibition in the recent past to show off its historical links with the band and its’ part in the craze that was to be known as ‘Beatlemania’. Of course, that song, as with many others, went to number one.

Fast forward 53 years to December 2016, Bournemouth AFC fans themselves were probably looking forward to seeing the ‘live’ version of the new thing from Liverpool, also with similar aspirations of being number one.

JKlopp’s boys arrived in town with a reputation for guaranteed entertainment and with goals a near certainty whenever they played, the highest attendance of the season thus far was a given. Liverpool were expected to dish out a hiding.... granted there had been a slip up at newly promoted Burnley back in August, but that was against a side who sat back and soaked up pressure…. Bournemouth weren’t that side…their style was to attack…. they were tailor made for us to pick off…. and besides, since the Burnley game, we had been demolishing teams at home and away with some of the most delicious football seen since Suarez, Sturridge et al were in tandem. The attacking play could be brilliant, the defending could be comical ……. but you just didn’t know which one would be on display.

Unfortunately, on that day we saw both.

Looking back, it’s probably the match that made me first really doubt we could win the league this year. Prior to this match, I had heard and read all the naysayers opinions in the media, telling everyone that we “wouldn’t win the league playing this type of football…. Klopp needed a new goalie……. he had no plan B ……. we couldn’t win ugly …. BLAH BLAH BLAH …”

You know who they are, they do it every year and they seem to enjoy saying it. I had told myself….

“this year would be different …. we would prove them wrong”
I have been doing it since 1990.

Well we know what happened that day in December. It seemed all those individual criticisms manifested themselves in one game. You just knew the critics would be loving it. For context, if we had won that day, we would have gone 1 point behind Chelsea. It would be the nearest we would ever get to them again.

Fast forward four months…. the title dreams have long since subsided and have been replaced with a more realistic ambition of nailing down one of the Champions League places. The dark days of January seem to have been flushed from the system, and we go into the home game v Bournemouth, no longer with aspirations of the number one slot but certainly with a growing optimism of feasting at champions league buffet next season. Saturday was great, our tails are up and we are playing with some style again. Wednesday is a home game and we may even have an eye on revenge of sorts….at the minimum, a score to settle?

We Know what we’ll get from Bournemouth. Nice football. Nice manager. We knew it in December.

As the Beatles song goes …

“Don’t let me down”

Prediction: 2-0

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
They played quite well against Southampton and really should have won..

But some of their finishing was astonishing...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I presume Sexy Sadio will be missing for this one?

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I presume Sexy Sadio will be missing for this one?

yep.

Only saw a bit of their game vs Southampton, but they did have a couple great chances, and that penalty  :o

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
Their match against Bournemouth was one of the more exciting scoreless draws I've seen over the years. Southampton battered them early and if Jay Rodriguez had quit doing his Craig Bellamy offside impersonation they could have been a couple of goals up.

Bournemouth grew into the game and really asserted themselves once Wilshire came on. It will be interesting to see if Howe drops a striker and starts Scrapy Doo in the middle.

Can't wait for this one. Got a ticket and will be well up for it, as a win here may well see us on our way to cementing a top four place. Need to make plenty of noise and help the lads get over the line. Think Fraser will be lively for them, but Jimmy hasn't let us down this season. Even more so when we expect him to be dominated by his opponent.

Think Divock will have a stormer, alongside Phil and Bob.

Come on the Redmen!

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
We owe these a turning over to be honest.  Hope Jürgen is playing the last 20 minutes of the 4-3 on loop in the canteen.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline bidgeir

• Nobody knows until all of a sudden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
Really looking forward to this game. Managed to extend my trip to the UK by one day and secure a ticket so I'm very exited. My second game of the season. The other one was the 5-1 against Hull so I expect something similar this time. 3-0 with Firmino scoring a brace and Matip with one.

Got to show up against these and not ruin another great win with a bad performance in the next game after

Offline NO COUTINHO

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
if we didn't lose our heads in the reverse fixture we would've won comfortably. howe won't park the bus, as long as we keep concentrated we'll win this.
Barcelona BEATEN, Liverpool TRIUMPHANT, Messi MASHED on Merseyside

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
With United playing Everton and City playing Chelsea a win here would leave us in a very good position.

Think 5 more wins will probably be enough for top 4 and our home games represent the best chance of getting the bulk of the necessary points.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
Think one of there players had a go at us after the last game, something about us caving in and i think he had a pop at Karius.  Klopp had a right fuckin weed on and said something along the lines of, we'll see what he's got to say when they come to anfield.  I can't remember who the player was but I hope Klopp does and he's reminding the players about it and he sends them out to give bournemouth a good pasting.  really want to see us twat them cos for 60 minutes in the last game they where the worst side we've played this season.  I still don't know how the fuck they beat us. 

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
I was surprised to read that the Beatles played more gigs there than anywhere outside of Liverpool or London.

Including Hamburg?
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline goalspaytherent

• Just thought of a CT.....then saw the post history.....not gonna bother.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm your huckleberry
UK ...it's my first time ...didn't forsee the resident Beatles egghead quizzing my sources ;)
« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 09:24:46 pm by goalspaytherent »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Think one of there players had a go at us after the last game, something about us caving in and i think he had a pop at Karius.  Klopp had a right fuckin weed on and said something along the lines of, we'll see what he's got to say when they come to anfield.  I can't remember who the player was but I hope Klopp does and he's reminding the players about it and he sends them out to give bournemouth a good pasting.  really want to see us twat them cos for 60 minutes in the last game they where the worst side we've played this season.  I still don't know how the fuck they beat us.

It was Steve Cook making comments about them targetting Karius. Defo wound Kloppo up at the time. Not sure if it will be that big a deal now. He said after the game:

“Actually, that’s one of the worst things I ever heard in my life,” he said of Cook’s comments. “That the guy who won the game – I don’t know who it was – thinks he needs to say something like this after the game. I am really looking forward to playing Bournemouth again because of this."
« Last Edit: April 3, 2017, 09:40:43 pm by Die Nullfünfer »

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
The Echo said that Can wasnt present in training.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

but Sturridge was  :o

Damn, no Can would be crap.

Might be starting Grujic at this rate.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
A win is all that matters and all that, but we could really do with smashing these. It would be great to get a run of form going at this stage in the season. Win the next 4 or 5 and it would probably be as good as job done, assuming we don't lose the following 3 or 4 and one or two of our rivals dont win all their games.

We should have enough to win this.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Where did they say it and did they say why?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
A win is all that matters and all that, but we could really do with smashing these. It would be great to get a run of form going at this stage in the season. Win the next 4 or 5 and it would probably be as good as job done, assuming we don't lose the following 3 or 4 and one or two of our rivals dont win all their games.

We should have enough to win this.

We already are on a run of form at the moment.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Where did they say it and did they say why?

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sturridge-returns-boost-klopp-striking-12840591

No they didnt say why, just that it appears that he wasnt there based on the pictures I presume.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sturridge-returns-boost-klopp-striking-12840591

No they didnt say why, just that it appears that he wasnt there based on the pictures I presume.

I wouldn't worry, I don't always see every first team member in these pictures.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
We already are on a run of form at the moment.

Lets keep it going, and lets start smashing teams again like pre-December.

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
so what about the captain, is he returning this month? What is his injury, anyway?

Another crucial match, hoping for the best. That away game was very sad, hope we put this one to bed this time
The change is cast

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
so what about the captain, is he returning this month? What is his injury, anyway?

Another crucial match, hoping for the best. That away game was very sad, hope we put this one to bed this time

he's been sent to Miami with Adam Lallana! Not sure if it's for some sun, or for some actual treatment!  Jürgen Klopp said last week he'd miss this game, and the Stoke game at least.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
is it on d'telly?

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Come on Redmen!
We have opened the door in recent games, just need to walk through it.
Mane a big miss, hope we use some young legs this time.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
We've got about 4 midfielders and attackers left haven't we?? .... I'm increasingly close to getting a game in this one.

I'm pretty slow, iffy first touch but I'll run all day and will kick the shit out of anyone that goes by me.... so plenty to offer; sort of Sean Dundee without the quality

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Ok, stating the bleedin' obvious here but, after beating Everton this now becomes the most important game remaining for us this season. Win it (however we do it....) and it just cranks up the pressure on Arsenal and Utd, maybe even City if they get beat by the plastics. It is really simple, just win.
B'mouth could do anything, give them their head and they could beat us, they would have no problem with that. Unlike the Grocs coming up they are gonna play with pace and the ball on the deck, just like we like to do so we just got to be better than them.
No Hendo, Lallana, Mane but Studge is edging into the squad ?? Origi has his confidence quota up, Bobby is due a goal, Coutinho will love playing these and he's on the up too.
Lots of goals. 3-1 Reds !

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
We've got about 4 midfielders and attackers left haven't we?? .... I'm increasingly close to getting a game in this one.

I'm pretty slow, iffy first touch but I'll run all day and will kick the shit out of anyone that goes by me.... so plenty to offer; sort of Sean Dundee without the quality

:o :o :o

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
Okay so... Henderson, Lallana, and Mane definitely out. Can possibly out.

Possibly this?

Migs

Clyne - Matip - Lovren - Milner

Lucas
         Wijnaldum Grujic/Stewart

Coutinho                   Firmino
                   Origi

With Karius, Moreno, Klavan, Trent, Woodburn, Grujic/Stewart, and Sturridge on the bench??

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"

Possibly this?

Migs

Lucas
         Wijnaldum Grujic/Stewart

Origi

With Karius, Moreno, Klavan, Trent, Woodburn, Grujic/Stewart, and Sturridge on the bench??

Hang on a minute. Can out says who?  :o
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is huge. Dropped points and players missing puts us in a little rut again, win and maybe Utd or Arsenal drop points and we are flying! Fine lines. Needs a big atmosphere and please God no injuries but certainly not to Firmino or Coutinho!

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
Lucas was fantastic at the weekend but I'm not sure about starting him again on such short rest. Still, not like we have loads of other options. If Stewart doesn't even make the bench for this game he should realise he'll never make it here.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Hang on a minute. Can out says who?  :o
The only information is that he wasn't in the training pictures today so the Echo are implying something might be wrong, but not every first team player is photographed every day.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Possibly this?

Migs

Lucas
         Wijnaldum Grujic/Stewart

Origi

Lucas and Stewart in the same midfield would be a huge no-no, however many players are out. Grujic or TAA would be my choice.

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
   Migs

Clyne - Matip - Lovren - Moreno

Lucas/Can
        Milner/Wijnaldum
                  Woodburn/Wijnaldum

Wilson/TAA                             Coutinho
                   Origi/Firminho

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
The only information is that he wasn't in the training pictures today so the Echo are implying something might be wrong, but not every first team player is photographed every day.

Exactly usually one of our goal keepers never get photographed. Not panicking then.  ;D

No wonder the manager was looking a bit down in the interviews, really hope there is a big atmosphere on Wednesday night. Everyone needs to pull together when crap like this happens.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rich87

• Justice for the 96
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
   Migs

Clyne - Matip - Lovren - Moreno

Lucas/Can
        Milner/Wijnaldum
                  Woodburn/Wijnaldum

Wilson/TAA                             Coutinho
                   Origi/Firminho

Perhaps

Migs

Clyne    Matip       Lovren    Moreno

Can
         Wijnaldum
               Firminho/ Coutinho

TAA/Wilson                            Firminho/Coutinho

Origi

Online RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
I have a bad feeling about this one. The last match has took a lot out of us physically and mentally.  I feel our squad is too thin and too inexperienced to slug it out.

The good thing is that other teams are also having tough fixtures and won't be able capitalise.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I have a bad feeling about this one. The last match has took a lot out of us physically and mentally.  I feel our squad is too thin and too inexperienced to slug it out.

The good thing is that other teams are also having tough fixtures and won't be able capitalise.
Luckily we do have breathing space at the moment.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
Someone offer Gerrard a contract until the end of the season...
Seriously things could get ugly quickly...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones