Author Topic: Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')  (Read 40982 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')
« Reply #200 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:28 pm »
Neville giving Mane man of the match  ;D Thought he was shocking today really. Last half hour he played like Ali Dia.
Not really sure what happened to us after Toure went off. We looked well in control and if anything, adding to our lead. I don't think the sub changed the game as such, just that we seemed to retreat as soon as it happened. Annoying to lose the 2 points with them missing their chances, and that one for Lallana. But a draw is a fair result overall probably.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
Re: Re: Manchester City 1 vs Liverpool 1 - (Milner (p) 50'; Aguero 69')
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:30 pm »
Because we're too attacking!! We have three forwards, two attacking midfielders and two full backs as wingers, no other team plays as attacking as us, we should be leading scorers and then some. The fact is out goal difference is the issue.

It's better than City, Arsenal and Uniteds - and I don't know what it would prove if it wasn't - stop spouting utter chutney

Offline Prelude no.5

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • op.23. Thanks for everything Rafa
« Reply #202 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:30 pm »

It's out of our hands yes but there's still a lot of games to go.
"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this." ~ Rafa Benitez

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:33 pm »
The thrust from Can going forward surprised even city, best player on the pitch this evening. He's playing like he did last season again now.

Offline daj79

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:35 pm »
4th is really out of our hands now.

Not impressed really. When we go 1 up and city looks on the rocks we could have extended our lead. But instead we went back to our shell.

Man u by winning both games in hand going to climb above us now. Arsenal could equal us on points by doing the same.

We all laugh at how shit Man u is but they might be having the last laugh at the end of the season. And that by playing games in Europa as well.

I honestly think we blew our CL chances today.

Surely this is a wind up?

Offline themightybeard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #205 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:36 pm »
Thought we played well today.
Lallana's miss,  and Origi being outpaced by otamendi after only being on the field 15 minutes keeps replacing in my mind.
What? He had about 10 yards to make up, and you can't fuse through people - doesn't matter how much faster you are than someone if they get their body in the way well enough. Find that a bizarre criticism of the lad.

Offline Omygoditsomar

• Main Stander
« Reply #206 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:37 pm »
Lallanas miss :'( toure  :lmao fair result Manchester derby will be interesting

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:39 pm »
Origi was quality this time last year. What has happened to him?

Form is temporary, class is permanent?

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #208 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:41 pm »
How Fernandinho finished this match without a booking is probably one of the wonders of the season.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Malcolm Night

• Anny Roader
« Reply #209 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:50 pm »
Top 4 still very much in our hands, Utd have much harder remaining fixtures than we do coupled with Europe and Arsenal seem to be imploding at the minute. It comes down to us to seeing off the smaller teams which we've been unable to do this season really, but Burnley was a good start.

Online Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:51 pm »
He said something about them in an interview last week that they didn't like.

Ahh, missed that.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:53 pm »
How the fuck did Lallana miss that?   :o

AND then why didn't Bobby square it to Lallana for the chance afterwards?

I think you answered your own question!
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline CognacBut

• BrandyAss
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:57 pm »
Hard to watch that, for many reasons, but a great point if we get 3 against the Ev.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2017, 06:35:58 pm »
Origi was quality this time last year. What has happened to him?

It's hard when your starting the odd game and being brought on with time running out. Looks like he can't find a rhythm.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:02 pm »
What a miss from Lallana. That separates the good/very good from the very good/great players.
Aguero agrees with this.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:03 pm »
In the middle of a Premier League game in front of tens of thousands of people? Probably not.

Mate, I've scored much better in front of 20 people and three dogs. I'm sure I'm capable.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:15 pm »
Thought we played well today.
Lallana's miss,  and Origi being outpaced by otamendi after only being on the field 15 minutes keeps replacing in my mind.

I had the same thought when I saw that. Though he was a limited footballer, I consoled myself that at least he has pace to burn but even that looks to have gone. Sooner or later, there will be questions about his point of being in the team.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:18 pm »
Because we're too attacking!! We have three forwards, two attacking midfielders and two full backs as wingers, no other team plays as attacking as us, we should be leading scorers and then some. The fact is out goal difference is the issue.
Pretty sure we just played a side with a midfield of yaya toure, de bruyne and silva and who've played Kolarov at centre back plenty this season.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:19 pm »
how this game finished 1-1 I will never know. Both sides should have scored and had 2 penalties each. Having said that, Adam with the worst miss I have seen since Joe Allen at Goodison, miss of the season.

Can and Gini were fantastic, Can in particular with his best performance this year. I think everyone in the back except Ragnar who was very iffy looked solid,.Matip played well as did Clyne and Milner.

Firmino imo should have scored, Coutinho was disappoi ting and Mane so and so.

Ill take the point.

There were a number of chances which were bad misses from both teams. I mean City twice failed to score into an empty net today, amazing really.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:22 pm »
How could Neville say it was a debatable pen.
His foot is head height, he kicks him (with a slight touch of the ball) and jumps on his back!

the guys on Fox Sports where the same, no mention of the fact he literallly jumped on his back and almost booted his head 'oh he got a sligt touch'.

Could have and should have had another peno too, but then City should have had one, He's yet another dreadful referee.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
Re: Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool - FT
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:29 pm »
I've already forgiven them.

;D ;D

I'm only trying to make a point to strangers on the internet! But seriously, should have finished them, good side or not.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:30 pm »

Not impressed really. When we go 1 up and city looks on the rocks we could have extended our lead. But instead we went back to our shell.

Man u by winning both games in hand going to climb above us now. Arsenal could equal us on points by doing the same.

We all laugh at how shit Man u is but they might be having the last laugh at the end of the season. And that by playing games in Europa as well.

Who says United will win both games? Arsenal are shit at the moment.

We've got a great chance of getting top four, I don't think anyone other than Chelsea is guaranteed a top four place. Spurs might still collapse, Arsenal and United are terrible and City aren't all that great either.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:31 pm »
Pretty amazing game... we had the chances, they had the chances, point's probably fair.

That Lallana chance... gutted he missed it, it would have been an utterly amazing goal, and he had the easiest part in it! One thing that did annoy me, apart from that, was that 5mins that Toure was still on the pitch but couldn't walk. We should have decimated them - we won the ball a few times, but our attackers weren't breaking quick enough - Mane the chief culprit. I think they were all just incredibly knackered by then and we just ran out of juice way too early.

It's imperative we bolster the team this summer - if we had some more options I think Mane would have been off early too. Klopp probably also needs to take a look at the fitness planning, because we've had no European football and been out of all cups early on and we're still looking knackered at this stage of the season. It'll be interesting to see if it's been apparent given the nature of our games (we've played all the top teams in this last couple of months), or if it is that they're not at peak fitness for the run in.

Very good game of football, and a decent result given Arsenal's yesterday. Hopefully we can rack those points up whilst the rest of the top 5-6 teams play each other over the next 10 games now. We're in a great position for a Top 4 finish but we do need to make sure we can break down the lower league now.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:33 pm »

Isn't their game in hand against City? I doubt they'll win it.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline 12Kings

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:41 pm »
I'm confident we'll get 4th this season

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:42 pm »

We attacked several times after taking the lead, it was City forcing themselves back into it that pushed us back.

Bit of a negative take that really. Got through one of the hardest fixtures on the calendar with a point.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Kop307

• Bets against Liverpool. "I could be talking utter fucking shit".
  • Kopite
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:47 pm »
Would have took a point before the game

Happy with a point but a few things really fucked me off about that game.

But I'm seriously concerned about Coutinho.

Origi was a fucking disgrace when he came on, jogging about, nothing won in the air, barely completely a pass, lost every battle. Someone needs to have a word with that lad and let him know who he's playing for. Utterly fucking awful, Origi.

Lallana as well. I hope someone is having a word with him about that miss. That is fucking criminal. If we miss out on the top 4 by 2 points, how bad will that look.

On we go. More points thrown away from a winning position. At 1-0 City were there to be beaten, we sat off and fucking begged City to score. Not good enough on the counter.
There are 2 types of posters on RAWK - Those who have an opinion and post - and those who just comment on those who post. Have an opinion - grow up.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:50 pm »
Given the others in the top 6 all still have to play some of the others then I think that's a good point.  They can't all go on incredible runs from now until the end of the season. We take care of ourselves and we're okay.

Offline Yevgeny

• Kopite
  • Believer.
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:54 pm »
Was a good point. Hardly a disgrace drawing away to City. Yeah, Utd have 2 games in hand but they have to play Spurs away, City away, Arsenal away and Chelsea before the season's end, in addition to the inevitable draws in games they'll be expected to win (Bournemouth, Hull etc) and their Europa League distraction. Confident we'll finish above City and maybe even Spurs, who will struggle for goals without Kane like they did earlier in the season. Please god Coutinho will get his mojo back soon though. Showed some promising signs in the 2nd half today. Can, Gini and Lallana were immense.

Offline seal75

• Kopite
Re: Manchester City 1-1 Liverpool - FT
« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2017, 06:36:55 pm »
Fair result in the end, Can was a monster out there.  Origi has fallen off a cliff.
Beaten by Otamendi on a sprint... says it all !
"Ni pour, ni contre. Bien au contraire!", Coluche.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:03 pm »
Shoutout to emre who was fantastic today. Been poor most of the season but defo his best game this season. Hopefully he keep it up

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:07 pm »
The rest all have each other to play and points to take off each other. We don't.
AHA!

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:18 pm »
We win, draw or lose together

Except you Adam, get off the bus and make your own way back
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:26 pm »
Weird that he got booed too, he was a solid performer for City and didn't exactly fuck them over when he left. He'd have only been sat on the bench there anyway.
He only said he wanted to win things at Liverpool, and City fans took it the wrong way because they're not very bright.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:35 pm »
Mate, I've scored much better in front of 20 people and three dogs. I'm sure I'm capable.

Yeah, but there's a lot more pressure in a huge stadium surrounded by a crowd.

Offline pyroparty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:43 pm »

Good grief, this cant be far off the worst post this forum has ever seen. Ridiculous. And I like how a side that can barely win a home game and cant beat anyone good are apparently nailed on to win every week. Bizarre.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:44 pm »

You didn't watch the game if that's your conclusion. WTF!

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:49 pm »
And... breathe. Was fuming at the Mane not getting the penalty in the first half, but at the end, numb, mostly. Could have gone either way, 1 point to take home at least.
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:49 pm »
Strange thing to say. I'm shit and could have scored that.
Yeah. That's what separates the regular sitters from the omfg how could he

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2017, 06:37:53 pm »
Redknapp saying there's nothing you can do on their goal..... its a great ball but you need your centre back to be sharper than their striker then it gets cut out.
Having Milner and Klavan on the same side isn't something we can get away with