Author Topic: Liverpool Players told not to Stop at Melwood to Sign Autographs or Selfies  (Read 17665 times)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Are you a spokesperson for the fans? I don't remember you surveying my level of disconnect. Empty seats at Anfield?? I'll give you the shite atmosphere but I doubt getting the aurl asses a selfie with Mignolet is going to make them sing.

I am not a spokesperson for the fans. And neither did I (or will I) survey your level of connect ot otherwise. Its not my job and its your problem to deal with it. I was merely suggesting ways that make the club interact with the fans. We can only support the club by going to the match and staying on until the final whistle (remember what Klopp felt about leaving stadium early?!?!?). And providing a atmosphere that would make even the best of teams nervous when they step inside our stadium. And of course buying merchandises.

I dont know you and from your posts, you certainly dont come across as a massive wanker. But I am sure you would have, as I have, stood in a crowd waiting to catch a glimpse of your favourite star. And a small selfie and/or an autograph on a poster/jersey would have meant a lot for you. I have. And its an amazing feeling to see the signatured post cards of Philip Lahm, Thomas Muller, Yusuf Malli, Xabi Alonso and Jhon Córdoba on my study room wall as I walk in.

The club, for whatever reason, wants to stop this. It is indeed a risk to have kids and teenagers run left and right and until the first contact of any car with any of the kid, we wont know whats in store for us. Its more of a preventive caution and I wont disagree with whats being done. So what is the alternative?

Those were the proposals that I thought of as I was sipping my morning coffee. Before you probe me further, I havent done any feasibility study, I havent measured how many people can fit in the parking lot, I dont know how many people gather on a Tuesday morning training schedule or how much time should be allocated into it, should a plan materialise. Those were some of the ideas that came up in my head at a very random lazy Saturday morning.

Let the club do what it has to do, by maintaining a high standard of safety, whilst preserving what is a tradition for over 5 decades. :) :)

They're doing numbers 1 & 2. Says it in the article. And your 3rd suggestion is already being done, as you pointed out.

Well right now, the crowd doesnt get to enter Melwood. They are stopped right before the gates.

How long before one of them gets in the front of a car as it is about to start?
How long before someone shouts something unruly at a player as they are arriving?
How long before someone tries to put his hand inside the car for a selfie? And how would the player view it if there are 4 hands through the drivers window?

So, no they arent doing #1. And even if we agree that they are, it isnt regulated or controlled. It certainly poses a risk. And I am glad the club is addressing it now.

That said, I am not for removing this tradition. I want it. I know how it feels to see memorabilia of such selfies and autographs. And I doubt it would be any different for a 12 year old. Just with a little bit of moderation so that no one gets injured.  :) :)

Offline readybreck

• road
  • Anny Roader
Load of crap for me ;just another way to move away further from the fans. During the modernisation they could have easily forseen this issue - Shanks would have gone mad. I Spent many a time gathering autographs as a kid at the Crown Road entrance.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Didn't the players use to get a coach from Anfield to Melwood so there would only be one vehicle entering Melwood as opposed to 20+ vehicles?

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
Load of crap for me ;just another way to move away further from the fans. Shanks would have gone mad.
Totally agree with your thoughts especially with regards Shanks god bless him.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
Didn't the players use to get a coach from Anfield to Melwood so there would only be one vehicle entering Melwood as opposed to 20+ vehicles?
I believe they did not sure when this stopped though.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
OK, so they're stopping this, but making up for it with school visits.

Can't see a problem to be honest. It is nice to interact with the players so much but it's not a god-given right.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
OK, so they're stopping this, but making up for it with school visits.

Can't see a problem to be honest. It is nice to interact with the players so much but it's not a god-given right.

Won't somebody think of the adults?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Load of crap for me ;just another way to move away further from the fans. During the modernisation they could have easily forseen this issue - Shanks would have gone mad. I Spent many a time gathering autographs as a kid at the Crown Road entrance.

Not sure when you where a kid, but take it there was not so many cameras owned by the kids then or the semi pro adult photographers fighting for space as well outside Melwood these days.

Also because on a busy day the pavements are crowded you have pedestrians inc mums with prams, the elderly etc moving out into the road to get past. Some of younger fans who gather there  are ignorant little shits who won't give a inch.

I saw all this may times a couple of seasons ago, I was only there getting Hillsborough books signed to raise money for the HJC. I was really surprised how chaotic it was at times, and definitely saw the potential of personal injury to somebody.

Maybe when you where a kid,the 'sue culture 'didn't exist either. You can bet some chancer would take the club to the cleaners if they suffered even the most minor of injuries outside Melwood caused by a players car.

Times have changed, this issue is definitely more of a problem than it was years ago.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Won't somebody think of the adults?

Adults can voice their concerns to the club! (I know that's easier said than done). I do reckon if there's demand for something essentially benign they should answer it.

All I can suggest is you become a teacher  :D

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT

Yes
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite

Also these days lots of staff cars enter and leave the premises, fans make a dash for these vehicles too (obviously only if they are decent motors!) Must be scary for some poor sod on the min wage, whose spending a chunk of money on repayments for there car to see it virtually jumped on every day.

Then there's the decoy trick, saw Stevie G a couple of times leave Melwood in a mates car with his head down, word gets out Gerrard is in the car and big mad rush to it.

Maybe nobody will ever get hurt outside Melwood, but why take the chance. Either way reckon many of the players and staff alike are a bit pissed off by it all, so makes sense to me to knock it on the head.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

The club, for whatever reason, wants to stop this. It is indeed a risk to have kids and teenagers run left and right and until the first contact of any car with any of the kid,
There's an awful lot of waffle in your initial post and this post considering you may actually understand there could be an issue.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
My Mum and I would  often go to Melwood after I was getting out of Alder Hey.  Both Joe Fagan and Kenny allowed us in to watch the lads train.
Players would make us drinks too/

Times they are a changing.

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Can't believe selfie is an actual word now.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Can't believe selfie is an actual word now.

I know. Unfortunately, it's a perfectly cromulent word.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow

All I had to do was look at your avatar for the reference ;D.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Just make 2 players per club shop sign autographs for one hour on one specific day, say Monday, twice a month.

Publish in advance on the club website which players will be at which shop.

Kids can figure out which store to go to in order to get their pics and autographs.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
I'm of the opinion the club has a massive disconnect with most fans and the city.

But this feels like the right call regardless of that.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
So what's the alternative?

Treat the fans on Merseyside the same way they treat fans in Australia/Malaysia/America etc. Every pre-season you see pictures and videos of them having open training sessions and community events wherever they go.

That is the one area where foreign fans get it better than locals.

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
I am not a spokesperson for the fans. And neither did I (or will I) survey your level of connect ot otherwise. Its not my job and its your problem to deal with it. I was merely suggesting ways that make the club interact with the fans. We can only support the club by going to the match and staying on until the final whistle (remember what Klopp felt about leaving stadium early?!?!?). And providing a atmosphere that would make even the best of teams nervous when they step inside our stadium. And of course buying merchandises.

I dont know you and from your posts, you certainly dont come across as a massive wanker. But I am sure you would have, as I have, stood in a crowd waiting to catch a glimpse of your favourite star. And a small selfie and/or an autograph on a poster/jersey would have meant a lot for you. I have. And its an amazing feeling to see the signatured post cards of Philip Lahm, Thomas Muller, Yusuf Malli, Xabi Alonso and Jhon Córdoba on my study room wall as I walk in.

The club, for whatever reason, wants to stop this. It is indeed a risk to have kids and teenagers run left and right and until the first contact of any car with any of the kid, we wont know whats in store for us. Its more of a preventive caution and I wont disagree with whats being done. So what is the alternative?

Those were the proposals that I thought of as I was sipping my morning coffee. Before you probe me further, I havent done any feasibility study, I havent measured how many people can fit in the parking lot, I dont know how many people gather on a Tuesday morning training schedule or how much time should be allocated into it, should a plan materialise. Those were some of the ideas that came up in my head at a very random lazy Saturday morning.

Let the club do what it has to do, by maintaining a high standard of safety, whilst preserving what is a tradition for over 5 decades. :) :)

Well right now, the crowd doesnt get to enter Melwood. They are stopped right before the gates.

How long before one of them gets in the front of a car as it is about to start?
How long before someone shouts something unruly at a player as they are arriving?
How long before someone tries to put his hand inside the car for a selfie? And how would the player view it if there are 4 hands through the drivers window?

So, no they arent doing #1. And even if we agree that they are, it isnt regulated or controlled. It certainly poses a risk. And I am glad the club is addressing it now.

That said, I am not for removing this tradition. I want it. I know how it feels to see memorabilia of such selfies and autographs. And I doubt it would be any different for a 12 year old. Just with a little bit of moderation so that no one gets injured.  :) :)

Crikey those kids look old.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline rednick75

• Begets Rednich85
  • Anny Roader
  • If the shit fits, wear it!
    • Rednick75 Youtube
This decision is clearly in the wake of Firmino's drink driving charge.  I guess no one needs him tearing into Melwood completely lashed ...

Offline happyhead_77

• El Duderino
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
Let them get on with their bloody jobs.
Eh, giving something to the fans is their job.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I don't get this connection with the fans stuff that's being posted. 

I've been a fan since 1972 only been to Anfield once for a competitive game and never met any players but it doesn't stop me feeling a connection with the club, the city, other fans etc etc.

Actually that's all a lie, my reason for being a fan all these years was because Steve Heighway came to my school for a presentation evening when I was 12 and me and some other 1st years were responsible for looking after him, so yeah I met him and got an autograph. 

I loved football but didn't have a "team" so he and that experience changed that, forever.

Get the players into schools for the kids instead of putting the kids in danger whilst they try to get a glimpse of their potential heroes.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
This decision is clearly in the wake of Firmino's drink driving charge.  I guess no one needs him tearing into Melwood completely lashed ...
Fkin 'ell  :lmao
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR

That post embiggened my mood.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Get the players into schools for the kids instead of putting the kids in danger whilst they try to get a glimpse of their potential heroes.
Yep Debs, in the long term I'm sure a community idea like this may transpire and people needn't worry about the immediacy of this decision. In fact people just need to stop fucking worrying about everything Liverpool do and everything Everton do or don't do :)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Yep Debs, in the long term I'm sure a community idea like this may transpire and people needn't worry about the immediacy of this decision. In fact people just need to stop fucking worrying about everything Liverpool do and everything Everton do or don't do :)

worrying without worrying?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
worrying without worrying?
You don't have to worry to be a worrier but you are a worrier

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96

Totally different world we live in now so you can't really compare it to shankleys era. The obsession with putting everything on social media is partly to blame here imo

Offline longtimered

• Kopite
Pre season tours always have open training sessions-why dont they have them periodically in season?

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
Pre season tours always have open training sessions-why dont they have them periodically in season?

That's a good idea. Bundesliga follows this already.

http://www.dw.com/en/let-us-not-underappreciate-the-open-training-session/a-18225256

Something that the Premier league could/should think about.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
This is a shame. I know the health and safety aspect cannot be overlooked, especially when many of the fans waiting for autographs are often young kids and teenagers, but I feel like this is another step in removing the connection between the fans and players. I have said on here before that as a kid growing up, around say 2005-2007, me and my mates spent quite a bit of time outside Melwood getting autographs. It was mainly through the summer months when pre-season started, but I'd be a liar if I said we didn't bunk the odd day off school to go (also, we were there that often that the odd player used to tell us on the sly when they were having an extra evening session under Rafa so that no other fans would be there and the players would be more likely to stop for us).

But anyway, maybe it's my nostalgia and inner-kid talking but this makes me sad. The issue perhaps is that the driveway into Melwood isn't all that big, and it's not on a private road like many other training grounds. That's one issue at play. If a player stops to sign things and another car is driving down the road that passes by the entrance then said car has to stop or wait for the player signing to move on (when it's particularly busy, anyway). Sometimes two or even three players leave at once, and if a couple of them stop then again the congestion builds up and there is no real control over anything. When I used to go there was only ever one security guy on and it seemed like a job too big for one fella during the busy periods.

The people who were there when I went used to expect every player to stop. That obviously didn't happen, and you would always sense the frustration: "He's on 50 grand a week and can't fucking stop to sign a couple of pictures." I understood it, but if a player doesn't want to stop then what can you do? Some players would stop every single time, whether there were 10 people at the gate or 100. Carragher, Agger, Rafa, Pepe, Dirk and Bellamy are the ones who come to mind when I think of the players who were always available. Not that it matters now like, I'm just reflecting a bit here! Stevie was hit and miss but I always felt that he hated fans asking him 50 questions of his future, so I understood that.

But as I said I don't like this too much. The idea that going into schools makes up or counterbalances the fact that they can't sign things outside Melwood is stupid. In all likelihood you are talking about one or two players every now and then in just a few schools. It's not just kids who like to get things signed, and some of you will laugh at the idea of grown ups wanting to meet their idols but it happens. You used to get tourists over for the game who popped down to Melwood to try and meet the players they've spent £1000's perhaps to come and watch. Is that such a bad thing? Some parents would bring their grown-up kids who had disabilities to try and meet the players or have things signed. It's not always a group of unruly kids being menaces outside the gates. In fact I often found it was the grown up's who were hellbent on getting their merchandise signed to put up on Ebay who were the idiots.

The solution? I don't know, there is talk of the entire set-up being moved to the Academy in Kirkby over the next couple of years and recently on this very issue I believe the was the talk of having two exits or something? So if a player went one way you'd know he would be stopping and if he went the other you knew he wasn't. That seems fair. But even if you factor in the chaos and health and safety this seems like a cold and calculated move. Something that doesn't sit right with me UNLESS a fairer and more rounded approach is taken up that isn't promises of visits to local schools.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
But even if you factor in the chaos and health and safety this seems like a cold and calculated move. Something that doesn't sit right with me UNLESS a fairer and more rounded approach is taken up that isn't promises of visits to local schools.

I think its only cold and calculated for those that wish to perceive it as so mate. Here is the initial report as it wasn't in the OP.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-players-asked-refuse-autographs-12416461

The footage and images illustrate the issues clearly and although the club have not suggested its part of their thinking, the article depicts concerns about personal safety of the players.

The club have been proactive and I imagine they've conducted a full risk assessment of the whole activity factoring in the gatherings, the close contact and the potential traffic congestion that ensues behind the cars in a busy community and they've reached a sensible conclusion about the concept. It will be interesting to see how/if they respond to fill the gap now.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
I think its only cold and calculated for those that wish to perceive it as so mate. Here is the initial report as it wasn't in the OP.
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-players-asked-refuse-autographs-12416461

The footage and images illustrate the issues clearly and although the club have not suggested its part of their thinking, the article depicts concerns about personal safety of the players.

The club have been proactive and I imagine they've conducted a full risk assessment of the whole activity factoring in the gatherings, the close contact and the potential traffic congestion that ensues behind the cars in a busy community and they've reached a sensible conclusion about the concept. It will be interesting to see how/if they respond to fill the gap now.

As I said mate, I was speaking as a kid a decade or so ago. I do understand the concerns but perhaps I'd be more accepting if there was a better designed way of letting people get autographs and photos. Maybe once or twice a month you could have a day where 50-100 people are invited after training or something? Done so via a ticketing system where you apply. I don't know if that would work, but such a drastic move won't go down well with the younger fans, especially given that many of them probably don't go to many games for a number of reasons which I wont go into now.

Another thing I never factored in was the selfie craze. Mobile phones when I used to go were used for calls and texts, if you had the internet on your phone you were an aristocrat! So yeah, I can see why having 10 different arms with 10 different phones reaching in hoping for a picture would be a concern.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
Whether we agree with this move or not, and whatever your views on health and safety, if the club sees this as a safety risk then they are legally obliged to act. Seems they've taken the view that it's best to try and remove the risk altogether. The schools visits are a good idea and will give the genuine local fans a chance to do all this in a safe environment. As for adults or supporters who have travelled a long way, it's tough luck really.

By the way, interesting to read those insights into what it was actually like from those who used to go down there.
« Last Edit: January 8, 2017, 11:12:57 am by Red_Mist »

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"the players will instead visit local schools"

Problem solved.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"the players will instead visit local schools"

Problem solved.

When I was a kid I'd have loved to see Liverpool players come to the school and chat to us, that's far better than a quick scribble on a piece of paper or something.

Actually that's all a lie, my reason for being a fan all these years was because Steve Heighway came to my school for a presentation evening when I was 12 and me and some other 1st years were responsible for looking after him, so yeah I met him and got an autograph. 

When our kid was 11, the school team he played in won everything that season, so the PE teacher arranged a trip to Manchester Airport. When the coach turned up it was the LFC coach and Steve Heighway was on board to spend the day with the kids. One of the photos taken at the airport with the kids ended up being used in Heighways testemonial programme.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
This, cos I've seen it happen loads of times. If a players car so much as touches anyone outside Melwood (especially a child) the shit would hit the fan. The player in question could face prosecution etc etc, unlikely but deffo a possibility judging by the scenes I've witnessed there.

Not been for a season or so, but there was loads of fans there last time I went.Most of the young ones went from car to car to grab as many signatures as possible, made worse if one player had stopped but was ready to move on thinking nobody else was about, then out the blue somebody makes a dive for the car.

Then there's the fellas just out to make money by selling the signed stuff on bay etc, ok not a health and safety issue but still something we could do without.

The latter are everywhere these days. A friend is an autograph hunter. He came to Liverpool when Arsenal were playing (He's an Arsenal fan) and he went to Melwood to collect autographs (he wanted Gerrards, the most valuable at the time). I went with him to keep him company. It was all very strange. I reckon there were 5 professional 'graphers' to every ordinary fan. This latter group were fairly diverse; there were a bunch of local deadbeats who turned up everyday to try and wangle an autograph and keep their bank balance tipping over. The players that stopped knew them by sight and looked fairly cheesed off signing yet another shirt/boots/piece of paper for them. There were the true professionals (shop owners) that were there for specific autographs on specific goods (agreed in advance with customers). They would be there day in and day out camping for that one autograph. Then there were the ones like my friend, fans that had got hooked on the whole business and were collectors/businessmen.

When certain players came out these 'graphers' charged en masse to get to the front, quite happy to shove ordinary fans hoping to see the players out of the way. They could be quite aggressive and quite cynical. For example, when Gerrard came out there was a scrimmage formed around his car, clearly trying to stop him leaving. He drove on through regardless and a lot of the pros left soon after. I remember one schoolgirl (in her uniform) waving at him as he went by. After he left she went over to a parked car where what I presume was her dad was waiting. A discussion ensued, after which her dad leaned out, hoiked up her skirt even higher and sent her back into the fray. I was agog, it was quite extraordinary.

After all the big names left the madness left too and only a handful of real fans remained, waiting for the lesser names to make an appearance. But prior to that it was a somewhat manic free-for-all. I can see why the club have stopped players stopping for fans. Its dangerous if they don't stop (since many of the more aggressive collectors will try to step accidentally-on-purpose in front of their car in the hopes they will wind down the window. If the players do stop it only encourages the collectors even more. Sad, but there is a reason imo.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Kevin Keegan would just stop and sign for everyone no matter how long it took him

He's still like that these days at dinners and events.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.