Author Topic: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous  (Read 88538 times)

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
Re: Stewards Confiscated my cards - ridiculous
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2016, 02:29:18 pm »
That's irrevant. AFAIK the T&Cs for a membership card also say they are no transferrable.

As stated by WanderingRed - it is clearly stated in the T&Cs (which the OP would have agreed to when getting the cards) that what they did was against the rules. The club have done nothing wrong here in the slightest.

The point of the matter is to stop touting - not as in this case, to ensure the ticket is utilised between friends and family for odd game(s) per season, which most have done due to work/illness/generosity.

The only way around, as suggested above, is to be refundable/transferable to actual friend/family attending up to 24hrs before KO. Anything can happen in 2 weeks... work it into the ticketing system somehow.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:31:01 pm by cmccarthy81 »

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2016, 02:29:31 pm »
Imagine all the extra admin work that would need to be undertaken to inform the club every time a spare was passed on for a 45,000 attendance match.

It could be something that can be implemented into the online ticketing system e.g. you fill in the persons details who is attending and they get sent a text with a code on which you input to confirm. Just a thought but saves all the manual work

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2016, 02:29:41 pm »
That's irrevant. AFAIK the T&Cs for a membership card also say they are no transferrable.

As stated by WanderingRed - it is clearly stated in the T&Cs (which the OP would have agreed to when getting the cards) that what they did was against the rules. The club have done nothing wrong here in the slightest.

Oh come on, yes it says some stuff in the small print - what doesn't these days. Same as Apple could probably decide to delete anyone's iTunes library if they felt like it, but they shouldn't and don't. It's just not in the spirit of things. We're made to pay a members fee, then buy our tickets six months in advance, you can't always get there and navigating the return policy is far more of a ballache than just passing it on to a mate to use...it's a joke, I'd be fuming had it happened to me.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2016, 02:30:23 pm »
Half the stadium are going in cards that aren't in their name. Why pick out those kids?

That's another matter entirely - if they picked on someone else then they could just say "why pick on us not those kids?". How the rules are administered and how they are enforced is not really relevant IMHO

My main gripe is that, once again, the club are being slated when they have done nothing wrong. Every single member/STH knows (or should know) the T&Cs they agreed to and knows the risks of giving their card to someone else. It is NOT the club's fault if, given the above, they break the rules anyway and get caught out.

Offline realoatsy

• Looking for wet work on Saturday
  • Main Stander
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2016, 02:30:51 pm »
That's just wrong in ever possible way!

Can't you get dups at the TO window or is the entire membership suspended or just the cards?

I was told the membership was suspended.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2016, 02:31:26 pm »

They are going after the wrong people.

People passing cards on to friends and family is not the problem - if you wanted to stop touting just go for a fucking walk outside the ground for 5 minutes. It's not rocket science.
cyas

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2016, 02:31:43 pm »
Absolutely appalling. Throwing kids out like that...an absolute disgrace.

Why not wait until the game is over and have a quiet word with the father, if there's a suspected issue of any sort?

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2016, 02:32:39 pm »
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/ticket-terms

I can't see how this poor fella has broken any terms here
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2016, 02:32:56 pm »
That's another matter entirely - if they picked on someone else then they could just say "why pick on us not those kids?". How the rules are administered and how they are enforced is not really relevant IMHO

My main gripe is that, once again, the club are being slated when they have done nothing wrong. Every single member/STH knows (or should know) the T&Cs they agreed to and knows the risks of giving their card to someone else. It is NOT the club's fault if, given the above, they break the rules anyway and get caught out.

Well, I would have issues with their consistency for starters mate.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2016, 02:34:55 pm »
Oh yeah and it's clear the rules are a backhand way to get more and more people to sign up for their shitty light membership which does the square root of fuck all other than let me buy tickets when I first bought a fancard "for life" about ten years ago which is obsolete unless you have credits for away games on it.

They could have let them finish watching the match, and then done some investigative stuff regarding how these tickets were moved on - they used the words 'Profiteering'. They did none of this. They aren't consistent enough and they sometimes target the wrong people - they've dropped a bollock here.

Imagine playing devil's advocate on this. Sake.

Offline cmccarthy81

• Anny Roader
  • c'mon no.19
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2016, 02:37:38 pm »
Oh come on, yes it says some stuff in the small print - what doesn't these days. Same as Apple could probably decide to delete anyone's iTunes library if they felt like it, but they shouldn't and don't. It's just not in the spirit of things. We're made to pay a members fee, then buy our tickets six months in advance, you can't always get there and navigating the return policy is far more of a ballache than just passing it on to a mate to use...it's a joke, I'd be fuming had it happened to me.

Correct.

Start by cracking down on people outside ground, social media, legal 'tout' sites (where tkts are blatantly advertised at a profit) - then concentrate on the finite details.

Sign of the politically correct times - don't remember scanning T&C's when paying cash at the gate!!!!

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2016, 02:38:29 pm »
To be fair to Arsenal this is a good solution and a transfer fee each time means they get more revenue.

http://www.alwaysaheadofthegame.com/red/ticketing/ticket-transfer

However I would go further because e-tickets could cause issues and allow the transfer to only members with a card -

The plus for the club is that way the club get more money by issuing more membership cards - it also means it goes to regular fans not day trippers as they will more than likely not have membership cards.

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
  • I Fucking Love Lucas....
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2016, 02:39:29 pm »
Thats so wrong.

Last season I gave mine and two other fan cards to some people to use.

They had been lost so I told them to say they needed new ones at the kiosk.

The club then had no issue giving these cards to someone that wasn't me and them using it for the game.

So weird as these circumstances are polar opposites.

Feel sorry for you there mate as if i cant go I always sell on my ticket.

Noticed the stewards in that stand are jobsworth c*nts

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2016, 02:40:49 pm »
They all have full credits on them, we normally buy in the kop but on this particular occasion got booted out of the ticket system on the

purchase screen and by the time we went back in could only get 129. To be honest we take the seats where we can get them. Am sick to

the stomach about this. The fact that I called the club explained exactly what happened and that I needed the cards back for Utd and their

response was "a procedure" sickens me even further.

Are they all in your name mate, or 4 people's names? Do the same 4 people normally go each week or do you often have a wide mix?

Just trying to get a proper idea to try and figure out how to best defend it with the club.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2016, 02:43:11 pm »
Thats so wrong.

Last season I gave mine and two other fan cards to some people to use.

They had been lost so I told them to say they needed new ones at the kiosk.

The club then had no issue giving these cards to someone that wasn't me and them using it for the game.

So weird as these circumstances are polar opposites.

Feel sorry for you there mate as if i cant go I always sell on my ticket.

Noticed the stewards in that stand are jobsworth c*nts

Probably because they know they won't get challenged as much as its mainly the adult & child section as the parent does not want the kid getting upset

Offline realoatsy

• Looking for wet work on Saturday
  • Main Stander
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2016, 02:45:07 pm »
Are they all in your name mate, or 4 people's names? Do the same 4 people normally go each week or do you often have a wide mix?

Just trying to get a proper idea to try and figure out how to best defend it with the club.

In 4 different names, same people go most weeks, however they are passed on to friends in a non profiteering manner if we can't make it.

Really failing to see their logic on this, I'd like someone to explain it to me.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2016, 02:47:32 pm »
Half the stadium are going in cards that aren't in their name. Why pick out those kids?

Exactly! My dad went in yesterday on my mates card as he couldn't make it and supporters clubs around the country are passing them around all the time.

This is just a token gesture by the club so they can say they are tackling touting without making any real effort. Just look at the amount of people outside the Kop last night walking round asking if people want any spares - but no officials picking on them.

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2016, 02:47:47 pm »
Probably because they know they won't get challenged as much as its mainly the adult & child section as the parent does not want the kid getting upset

Imagine it happening in 305/6 ...... nope it wouldn't.

Your ded right

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2016, 02:47:55 pm »

Yeah kicking a 9 year old kid out of the ground mid match, well in LFC a job well done!
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2016, 02:51:54 pm »
In 4 different names, same people go most weeks, however they are passed on to friends in a non profiteering manner if we can't make it.

Really failing to see their logic on this, I'd like someone to explain it to me.

Your best bet is to try and prove that the people named are the ones who regularly go, and in situations where they don't the tickets are only ever passed on at face value.

Hopefully if you can show that then they won't continue to be fucking idiots and let you get on with using them again.

It does seem to be a situation which the club need to address and clarify. My ST is in my dad's name as I was 6 or so when he got it for me, does this mean I'm breaking the clubs rules and have been for the last 25 years or so? Or if my Dad's knees are playing up and he can't make it up the stairs to the Upper that I take someone else with me?

It really would be a ridiculous stance for the club to take that you can't, in the odd occasion you can't make it, that they can't be passed on to family or friends at face value.

Now if it's a regular thing that's happening on a fan card (not saying it is in your situation) then think it would be harder to defend.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2016, 02:55:52 pm »
Difficult to see why the Stewards have been so specific in who they have picked on, doesn't look like a random check.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2016, 02:55:55 pm »
It really would be a ridiculous stance for the club to take that you can't, in the odd occasion you can't make it, that they can't be passed on to family or friends at face value.

Now if it's a regular thing that's happening on a fan card (not saying it is in your situation) then think it would be harder to defend.

But the club have no way of differentiating between those two cases.

Offline Paullfc95

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2016, 02:58:52 pm »
Still got no idea what they expect you to do if less than 2 weeks before the game you discover you can't go.

Can't pass on cards, can't get a refund.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2016, 02:59:43 pm »
They are going after the wrong people.

People passing cards on to friends and family is not the problem - if you wanted to stop touting just go for a fucking walk outside the ground for 5 minutes. It's not rocket science.

Or check out all the websites offering tickets for £200+ that are blatantly from people with numerous members cards/STs. Easy to track down the culprits if they can be arsed to.

Every week without fail I see people holding silver STs asking stewards where the seats are, they are blatantly not their cards so why are they not stopped? Not that I think they necessarily should be but it's no different from this guy's situation.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 03:03:26 pm by redgriffin73 »
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ripsaw19

• Kopite
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2016, 03:13:57 pm »
Listening to Talksport last night, there was some bloke on there who was sat in the Kop but supported Arsenal! Pretty sure he wasn't on his own membership card!
ST Waiting List Position - 1556

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2016, 03:24:35 pm »
Listening to Talksport last night, there was some bloke on there who was sat in the Kop but supported Arsenal! Pretty sure he wasn't on his own membership card!

One of the video's on BT when the first goal was scored showed part of the ground all jumped up to celebrate... apart from two men sat together towards the front, who stayed seated and didn't show any emotion...

I doubt they were home supporters either!

Offline Smithy_88

• Anny Roader
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2016, 03:45:50 pm »
One of the video's on BT when the first goal was scored showed part of the ground all jumped up to celebrate... apart from two men sat together towards the front, who stayed seated and didn't show any emotion...

Yea was onto that. Right at the front weren't they.

Offline dan7hughes

• Main Stander
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2016, 03:52:21 pm »
Slightly different but last year my mate had a card confiscated - he couldn't make a game so sold it on to a lad he knew through someone else. It was the league game immediately after the Chelsea semi final. The lad failed to return the members card saying it had been confiscated by a steward because of a report of racist abuse by someone in the same seat at the Chelsea game.
Now me and my mate sensed bullsh*t, but thought it might have been the lad who used the ticket playing up resulting in the ticket confiscation. My mate missed a few games whilst trying to work out what happened with the club, eventually the club replaced his card with no real explanation of what happened.

After all that I suspected if a steward being clever to their own gain, and having read your post wonder if it is the same.

Steward picks a game where the members card would need lots credits. Spots someone who doesn't look like they use that ticket every week (they can stand out working out where their seat is). Steward then abuses his position to confiscate the ticket. Steward then can abuse his position again to find out what seat the ticket is for and sell the card on, or use a mate to sell it on.
At first it sounds far fetched but if you have the steward has the balls to try it its pretty straight forward to pull off, even misleading a police officer to help you. Theres unlikely to be comeback as the member card owner has broken rules so is fearful of being in trouble.
So I suspect a steward is flogging your cards on for the Man Utd game, and did similar with my mates card last year (although was in the kop).

I don't believe for a minute its a genuine policy by the club. Such a hap hazard way of picking people, and with no clear idea of what has happened after. If it was the club they would have properly contacted your or my mate with what has happened, why they have done it etc.

And if the club really wanted to stop this there are easy fairer solutions:
1) the cards that have a different person each week requesting a duplicate at the ticket office 'as they forgot their card.' (this happens)
2) the away tickets that are touted on 3rd party websites for huge prices.
These are easy to pick out. The club could let people watch the game then take action against the person involved. For example (1) I'd warn them, and for (2) I'd confiscate the season ticket. Make an announcement on the website and everyone is happy as the touting is being addressed, more away tickets become available and a few people move up the season ticket ladder.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2016, 03:53:41 pm »
Or check out all the websites offering tickets for £200+ that are blatantly from people with numerous members cards/STs. Easy to track down the culprits if they can be arsed to.

This is all they need to do. Make a purchase, arrange to collect/receive, then they have the card/ticket who it was originally sold to. Simple.

But people have been saying this for 15 years, and it never seems to happen.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2016, 04:00:38 pm »
Fucking disgusting. My only access to match's in recent seasons has been through the ticket forum on this site. I have never once been overcharged or anything like that. Every time the transaction has been faultless. I don't see what the problem is here and to do this to someone with young kids in tow, about as bad as it can get. I hope it is a case of stewards acting like pricks (and that they will be sacked) rather than the club wanting to sell more fucking Thomas Cook packages.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 04:07:26 pm by Twelfth Man »
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2016, 04:39:31 pm »

They are unfortunately. A pair of moaning St holders
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2016, 05:00:03 pm »
If these are the rules, it is going to always be somewhat of a lottery for me to use the ticket exchange on this site (my only access to games - I am a member have been for years but can't build up the credit). Imagine spending £80 on a train ticket, £40 odd for a match ticket only to be turfed out. Sure these spot checks are random and frankly it won't put me off, but fuck I would be livid if this happened while I was taking my nephew to his first match at Anfield.

With membership cards, surely it is much harder to tout, you have to return them for a start. I always presumed the touts outside the ground (easy to find on any given match day) were selling paper tickets. Given the security climate I can understand that transferring cards could be seen as an issue (but bags are checked so it should not be). The club should have a facility where a member can transfer a card to someone else and register that person's details with the club (a lot more admin sure, just get Arye to sign up with another donut company or something. Will also help create some local jobs).
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2016, 05:14:40 pm »
All the club have to do is have someone stood outside the Albert for every home game watching the same old faces collecting in tens or probably even more cards that they'd sold on, not someone passing them on to their mate and his kids for a Xmas prezzy. How is that going to encourage those kids to want to go again, having bizzies and little Hitlers-in-hi-viz coming up to them and making a show of them?

If they were genuinely concerned about 'profiteering' they could note the seat number, ring the person who owns that card the next day and ask them to explain, not seize cards and act like that.

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2016, 05:19:56 pm »
If these are the rules, it is going to always be somewhat of a lottery for me to use the ticket exchange on this site (my only access to games - I am a member have been for years but can't build up the credit). Imagine spending £80 on a train ticket, £40 odd for a match ticket only to be turfed out. Sure these spot checks are random and frankly it won't put me off, but fuck I would be livid if this happened while I was taking my nephew to his first match at Anfield.

With membership cards, surely it is much harder to tout, you have to return them for a start. I always presumed the touts outside the ground (easy to find on any given match day) were selling paper tickets. Given the security climate I can understand that transferring cards could be seen as an issue (but bags are checked so it should not be). The club should have a facility where a member can transfer a card to someone else and register that person's details with the club (a lot more admin sure, just get Arye to sign up with another donut company or something. Will also help create some local jobs).

I'm in exactly the same position to you, so if this is the new unofficial policy then it will make this extremely difficult for a large portion of supporters. I cannot see a problem with lending a membership card to someone you've known for a long / family etc.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2016, 06:06:19 pm »
If these are the rules, it is going to always be somewhat of a lottery for me to use the ticket exchange on this site (my only access to games - I am a member have been for years but can't build up the credit)

Why? You can get most games apart from Everton and Man U at home fairly easily on your own card, and all away games come with paper tickets.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2016, 06:06:33 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmKEERsVHi0

This is from an Arsenal Supporter in the Upper Centenary last night..........

Published on 13 Jan 2016

IM NOT A LIVERPOOL FAN!
I Follow Arsenal, But Got Tickets In The Home End, As It Was Easier To Get Tickets, Not Very Good For The View, But Still Very Good Atmosphere To Be In & A Brilliant Game.
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2016, 06:10:51 pm »
Four for Man U wouldn't be too bad if you were touting them out. Someone should confirm if these seats are empty or not on Sunday.

Offline Hij

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2016, 06:14:18 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmKEERsVHi0

This is from an Arsenal Supporter in the Upper Centenary last night..........

Published on 13 Jan 2016

IM NOT A LIVERPOOL FAN!
I Follow Arsenal, But Got Tickets In The Home End, As It Was Easier To Get Tickets, Not Very Good For The View, But Still Very Good Atmosphere To Be In & A Brilliant Game.

Yeah out of 45,000 people I can see a handful giving tickets to mates etc. I know it's looked upon as out of order and taking tickets from a fellow red but it must happen. I've been into Arsenal games in the home end on mates tickets in the past.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2016, 06:28:03 pm »
Why? You can get most games apart from Everton and Man U at home fairly easily on your own card, and all away games come with paper tickets.

Really? I assumed you have to have credit built up to stand a chance of getting a ticket. I was under the impression that there are a few that get leftover but you have to sit on the phone or website and snap them up as soon as they are available. I don't always have the time to do that. I'll certainly give it a go in the future though. Personally I like getting tickets from the exchange on here. You often get to meet people because they are at the match too. I just don't see why it is an issue for the club.

Offline WanderingRed

• Kopite
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2016, 06:32:28 pm »
Really? I assumed you have to have credit built up to stand a chance of getting a ticket. I was under the impression that there are a few that get leftover but you have to sit on the phone or website and snap them up as soon as they are available. I don't always have the time to do that. I'll certainly give it a go in the future though. Personally I like getting tickets from the exchange on here. You often get to meet people because they are at the match too. I just don't see why it is an issue for the club.

The club do two bulk sales throughout the year for league games (July & November) however this is a staggered sale so its members who attended +14 (Could be wrong) home games from the previous year then all members. Try going for the Cat A/B games for a year so you can build up your credits before applying for the Cat A games which you need 8+ home games for.

There is always the ACS for the Cup games too