Author Topic: The Top Six Mini-League Thread... Sponsored by TENA  (Read 343963 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: The Top Six Mini-League and the Run In...
« Reply #920 on: April 17, 2017, 05:15:24 pm »
I think there is a difference between nervous anticipation and full-on bed wetting.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #921 on: April 17, 2017, 05:26:43 pm »
Fucking bedwetters. Shitting it because the mancs won a game they weren't supposed to and we're in 3rd? And you want this club to challenging for League titles and European Cups? When you're shitting it over this what hope is there for bigger things?  Pathetic!  :wanker

Fucking hell! You on your period or something?  :lmao

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #922 on: April 17, 2017, 05:31:05 pm »
Which is easier to do,? Win 5 games in a row, win 6 games in a row, or win 7 games in a row?

We must become believers  :D

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #923 on: April 17, 2017, 05:35:24 pm »
Which is easier to do,? Win 5 games in a row, win 6 games in a row, or win 7 games in a row?

We must become believers  :D
City, united and arsenal cannot win all their remaining games.

It is an impossibility.

Fact!  (As Rafa would say)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: April 17, 2017, 05:45:29 pm »
City, united and arsenal cannot win all their remaining games.

It is an impossibility.

Fact!  (As Rafa would say)

It has something to do with them playing each other?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: April 17, 2017, 05:50:48 pm »
It has something to do with them playing each other?

Of course!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #926 on: April 17, 2017, 07:13:35 pm »
If we win all of our 5 games I think we'll finish 3rd as I can see the City-United game being a draw. If you asked me what I preferred I would actually say a United win. Simply because I don't want to be a playing a qualifier in August or whenever it is, and I don't believe United will win all their games either.

But first and foremost, win all of our games. We have 3 out of the 5 at home so at the minimum we should win those 3 and try to sneak out a win in other 2.
YWNA

Offline Mark Wilson

• Kemlynite
« Reply #927 on: April 17, 2017, 07:24:22 pm »
If Arsenal don't win tonight I think we might sneak 3rd

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #928 on: April 17, 2017, 07:29:11 pm »
If we win all of our 5 games I think we'll finish 3rd as I can see the City-United game being a draw. If you asked me what I preferred I would actually say a United win. Simply because I don't want to be a playing a qualifier in August or whenever it is, and I don't believe United will win all their games either.

But first and foremost, win all of our games. We have 3 out of the 5 at home so at the minimum we should win those 3 and try to sneak out a win in other 2.

Watford away is winnable to me. They're safe and they're no tougher than Stoke or West Brom.

West Ham will hopefully be safe by the time we play them,  wouldn't want to go there with them needing something from the game.

We know Palace might be tricky but there shouldn't be anything to fear from those home games.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: April 17, 2017, 07:31:33 pm »

We could do with Arsenal thinking they still have a chance of finishing top four by time they play the mancs. Otherwise they're more likely to bend over and take it up the pipe hole than put up a fight and take some points off them.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #930 on: April 17, 2017, 07:33:40 pm »
We could do with Arsenal thinking they still have a chance of finishing top four by time they play the mancs. Otherwise they're more likely to bend over and take it up the pipe hole than put up a fight and take some points off them.
Arsenal's precious players will want to finish as high as possible to avoid having their summers cut short by early EL playoff games from finishing 6th (or 7th if Everton keep it up).

Saying that, I don't think Alexis will care if he's intent on leaving, but then he wouldn't care even if Arsenal had a chance for top 4 either.

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #931 on: April 17, 2017, 07:35:45 pm »
If spurs lose against United and Arsenal can't they be dragged into this top 4 shit as well? They're certainly capable of it. Would that make it harder for us?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #932 on: April 17, 2017, 07:39:35 pm »
If spurs lose against United and Arsenal can't they be dragged into this top 4 shit as well? They're certainly capable of it. Would that make it harder for us?

Theoretically yes, they could get dragged into a top 4 battle, but it would require them to not only lose to Arsenal and United, but also drop points in a few other fixtures too which seems rather unlikely given their form.

Spurs are already on 71 points, with 6 games remaining, and you'd think that anything north of 75 is beyond United or Arsenal at this stage. It would require a monumental mess for Spurs not to finish inside the top 3 (7 points +GD ahead of City) let alone 4th... and even if they did only get to like 72-74 points they'd still have pretty good odds to finish ahead of both Arsenal and United too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 07:43:05 pm by rickardinho1 »

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #933 on: April 17, 2017, 07:41:45 pm »
bedwetters

Grow up, tired of seeing this shite on here.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #934 on: April 17, 2017, 07:42:07 pm »

Doubt it. They don't have an easy run-in but I can't see them not finishing at least 2nd now. If we get 15 points out of 15 we'll finish on 81. In order to surpass them we need to make up 6 points (5 +1 because of their superior goal difference). That means they'll have to drop 9 points out of a possible 18 left to play for. I'd be shocked if that happened.
YWNA

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #935 on: April 17, 2017, 07:43:29 pm »
Theoretically yes, they could get dragged into a top 4 battle, but it would require them to not only lose to Arsenal and United, but also drop points in a few other fixtures too which seems rather unlikely given their form.
Never underestimate Spurs ability to be Spursy. Would anyone really be surprised if Palace and West Ham turn them over too?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #936 on: April 17, 2017, 07:44:02 pm »

They've 3 games in hand on us and are 12 pts behind us on 54. After tonight they have the FA Cup semi v City and then Leicester at home and Spurs away. Really can't see them making much of a dent in the gap we have over them.  Its then Utd at home, Southampton away and Stoke away before Sunderland and Everton at home. I doubt they'll break 70 pts this season.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #937 on: April 17, 2017, 07:46:48 pm »

Oh God,  don't tell me there are bedshitters too now!

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #938 on: April 17, 2017, 07:52:40 pm »

And I'm tired of the mentioned above.

You're going to shit it when we're third and with destiny in our hands,  what  chance have you got if we're challenging for titles and cups? I presume that's what you want the club to do right? So if we actually start doing that again and on a regular basis , are you going to be one of those who can't hack it?

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: April 17, 2017, 07:52:54 pm »
Doubt it. They don't have an easy run-in but I can't see them not finishing at least 2nd now. If we get 15 points out of 15 we'll finish on 81. In order to surpass them we need to make up 6 points (5 +1 because of their superior goal difference). That means they'll have to drop 9 points out of a possible 18 left to play for. I'd be shocked if that happened.

They've got some tricky games coming up, Arsenal and Utd at home, Palace and Leicester away. Could easily lose 3 of them.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: April 17, 2017, 07:53:59 pm »
Oh God,  don't tell me there are bedshitters too now!

There were some during our attempt at going for the title a few seasons back Nick.  I mean they couldn't hack it.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #941 on: April 17, 2017, 08:01:44 pm »

You're going to shit it when we're third and with destiny in our hands,  what  chance have you got if we're challenging for titles and cups? I presume that's what you want the club to do right? So if we actually start doing that again and on a regular basis , are you going to be one of those who can't hack it?

Just read back through the last couple pages and I don't know what planet your on but I can't see anyone shitting it or 'bedwetting'... Your making things up so you can come in here like the billy big bollocks.

Considering how many times we have fucked up over last couple of seasons people have every right to be a bit nervous or post about it(know one has though).

Those questions you have asked are bollocks considering I haven't said anything before about shitting it.  All I want for posters to do is knock off that ''bedwetting'' comment, is freaking embarrassing.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: April 17, 2017, 08:14:24 pm »
Looked up "bed wetting" in the dictionary
Considering how many times we have fucked up over last couple of seasons people have every right to be a bit nervous or post about it.
This was the definition

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #943 on: April 17, 2017, 08:19:03 pm »

Exactly - one of the biggest problems the club has had in recent years is mentality - belief that we're going to do it (whatever 'it' is). That runs through the club from top to bottom including the fans.

The message from some on here was totally negative because 'we're shit against the bottom teams' 'we always have problems against Stoke/West Brom/insert shit team's name here...' but we've just won two away games in a row, against West Brom and Stoke.

The past doesn't affect your future unless you allow it to. We all allow ourselves to believe in both 'form' and 'the law of averages' even though they contradict each other and neither are any use in predicting a one off event.

'Form' says that what ever you've been doing will carry forward into the next series of events. 'The law of averages' says exactly the opposite - that if you've been losing, you're bound to be on the brink of winning one...

The simple fact is that Klopp found a way to play with the players available that won both games. We have three home games left and we should win all three (Southampton probably being the most difficult) and I'd expect 4 points out of 6 from Watford and West Ham.

We had a shit January when we had a ridiculous schedule of games and we were wracked by injury.

I thought Stoke was good, but yesterday was a fantastic performance. The kind that closes out seasons. I was shaking liek a shitting dog of course because football can bite you on the arse and a goalie playing right mid for the last five minutes throws everything into chaos. But we were solid, we won with a header from a set piece, we defended corners and long throw ins and the goalkeeper was on his game.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #944 on: April 17, 2017, 08:19:25 pm »
Looked up "bed wetting" in the dictionary This was the definition

;D
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #945 on: April 17, 2017, 08:44:05 pm »
Fuckety fuck Arsenal are beating boro, we're doomed now etc etc

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: April 17, 2017, 08:46:40 pm »
I think we showed against stoke and especially against west brom that the players mentality has improved. Can see us getting cl before our final game. That would give our hearts a rest anyway.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #947 on: April 17, 2017, 08:53:33 pm »
united will finish on 68 points, so we only need one more win to see them off
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline rafas red brigade

• Anny Roader
« Reply #948 on: April 17, 2017, 09:10:12 pm »
1-1 now, get in Negredo! 40 mins + added time to go, time to knock Arsenal out of the reckoning altogether.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: April 17, 2017, 09:13:28 pm »
“When I look at my history, I would say I’m sure it will go on to the last day. Most of the time, it was like this actually. So we have to be prepared for this."

"Jurgen Klopp"

We is doomed, how are our nerves going to take it  :(

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: April 17, 2017, 09:14:19 pm »
1-1 now, get in Negredo! 40 mins + added time to go, time to knock Arsenal out of the reckoning altogether.

I don't think they're in the reckoning at all, they're awful and need a near perfect end to the season. It will still be nice to have it mathematically confirmed soon though
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: April 17, 2017, 09:20:51 pm »
united will finish on 68 points, so we only need one more win to see them off
That's more like it, this is the kind of thing I want to hear around here.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: April 17, 2017, 09:26:10 pm »
“When I look at my history, I would say I’m sure it will go on to the last day. Most of the time, it was like this actually. So we have to be prepared for this."

"Jurgen Klopp"

I think he is just trying to prepare the players so they don't slack off and think we're already there. Which is basically what I was trying to get at yesterday. We have to prepare with the mindset our rivals won't drop any points.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #953 on: April 17, 2017, 09:33:43 pm »

Yes it gets used when anyone is trying to be sensible............apparently you are a bedwetter or a superfan.........nothing in between
#JFT97

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #954 on: April 17, 2017, 09:37:16 pm »

"Jurgen Klopp"

Even if 4th is sewn up before the last round 3rd place will surely be all to play for which would mean having to avoid a CL qualifier.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #955 on: April 17, 2017, 09:54:47 pm »
1-2 To Arsenal... Good news actually, as this will mean they go hell for leather against the shite, where a nice draw between them would do us for the 2nd/3rd place (2nd hopefully, as the much hoped Spurs fall comes!)
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #956 on: April 17, 2017, 09:58:01 pm »
When the "bedwetting " translates into our  supporters creating unnecessary tension, it's certainly not helpful...just as optimism and positive support creates positive vibes for the 11 on the park, whining and uffing and aghing from the Kop/ the ground in general are best kept at home. The last thing we need is for the players to pick up on the fannies..It's normal for there to be healthy debate on here ,and discussing what might  happen. It's normal for there to be a bit of trepidation , but for the Good Lord's sake, match-going nervous types, please give your tickets to your mates who tend not to bottle it. Out with the cojones lads and total encouragement for the remaining matches please- don't create unnecessary tension for the players, 'cos they really do pick up on it.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: April 17, 2017, 10:04:15 pm »
True that
W

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #958 on: April 17, 2017, 10:04:18 pm »
1-2 To Arsenal... Good news actually, as this will mean they go hell for leather against the shite, where a nice draw between them would do us for the 2nd/3rd place (2nd hopefully, as the much hoped Spurs fall comes!)

yeah its perverse but them winning tonight is probably good for us - we want them with at least a vague shot at top 4 when they play united

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #959 on: April 17, 2017, 10:04:40 pm »

Sneaked past, unquestionably, the worst, most nothing team in the league and made hard work of doing it.

Unless they improve pretty dramatically over the coming weeks, Utd and Spurs will destroy them. Everton could also beat them on their day pretty comfortably though I wouldn't expect any favours off that lot on the last day of the season. Even if they won all their remaining games except those two, we'd need probably only 6 points from our last 5 games to finish above them (unless they start racking up some big wins for their GD). Their margin for error is effectively zero. Even if they win the Utd game (lets be generous) that's points off Utd and still probably not enough to ovehaul us, unless we colossally fuck up our remaining games.

Hopefully Utd start to unravel over the coming weeks, but they look a damn sight more threatening than Arsenal do at the moment.