Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12263435 times)

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #101960 on: August 28, 2020, 06:02:07 pm »
He didn’t get any game time against Salzburg so maybe just for fitness?

He started the second half against Stuttgart, but was then subbed off for Koumetio. Did he pick up a knock, dip his cock in Jurgen's Erdinger, or what?  ;D

I'm guessing they need 4 CBs for full 11v11 training - with Phillips covering Matip's role while he's injured, even though, like you said, he is likely to be sold if we get an offer, so I'm guessing Koumetio has leap-frogged SVDB for that fourth spot?

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101961 on: August 28, 2020, 06:19:01 pm »
He started the second half against Stuttgart, but was then subbed off for Koumetio. Did he pick up a knock, dip his cock in Jurgen's Erdinger, or what?  ;D

I'm guessing they need 4 CBs for full 11v11 training - with Phillips covering Matip's role while he's injured, even though, like you said, he is likely to be sold if we get an offer, so I'm guessing Koumetio has leap-frogged SVDB for that fourth spot?

I don’t think either of sepp or Koumetio are legitimately in the running for fourth cb status for us this season. With the fixture congestion and injury history of both Matip and Gomez, I’d say we are nailed in to bring in a first team senior cb.

Neither are ready yet. I’d say Koumetio has probably surpassed Sepp, but they both need consistent game time at u23 level.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101962 on: August 28, 2020, 08:52:44 pm »
I don’t think either of sepp or Koumetio are legitimately in the running for fourth cb status for us this season. With the fixture congestion and injury history of both Matip and Gomez, I’d say we are nailed in to bring in a first team senior cb.

Neither are ready yet. I’d say Koumetio has probably surpassed Sepp, but they both need consistent game time at u23 level.

mein Herr Klopp has previous for bringing through unheralded young CB's
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101963 on: August 28, 2020, 10:59:17 pm »
The details of the new U18s are now on LFC.  I find it interesting that there is only 10 new players.  That’s the smallest number for years I think, so finally fitting in with inglethorpe’s policy of reducing numbers and going for quality.  More to the point 3 of those have been bought in from abroad, so only 7 promoted from U16.  That’s tough on the number released.  And of the 10, 2 are goalies.  Why we need that many and LFC are still considering offering a contract to the 19 year old Spaniard making up the numbers to 5 training with the firsts in Austria, goodness only knows.  Goalies are becoming a bit of an obsession. 

Offline Kadafi

• Main Stander
« Reply #101964 on: August 28, 2020, 11:07:40 pm »
VdB's had his settling-in period, hopefully he kicks on this season. Looking back at his PEC Zwolle highlights, I'd say that he's yet to show those attributes at LFC, the English game is tougher and more intense, so it's understandable.

Once he's adapted we'll see more confident displays and his reading of the game should blossom. We'll see what Sepp is made of this season, I believe.

Koumetio and players blessed with his physique, athleticism and flair will often jump the queue as they've already got a part of the game youngsters struggle with.

Personally, alongside these two, I'm really interested in seeing Rhys Williams' development. He's impressed me almost every time I've seen him.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101965 on: August 29, 2020, 03:16:40 am »
VdB's had his settling-in period, hopefully he kicks on this season. Looking back at his PEC Zwolle highlights, I'd say that he's yet to show those attributes at LFC, the English game is tougher and more intense, so it's understandable.

Once he's adapted we'll see more confident displays and his reading of the game should blossom. We'll see what Sepp is made of this season, I believe.

Koumetio and players blessed with his physique, athleticism and flair will often jump the queue as they've already got a part of the game youngsters struggle with.

Personally, alongside these two, I'm really interested in seeing Rhys Williams' development. He's impressed me almost every time I've seen him.
I thought Sepp looked a bit off the pace in his first few games for the first team last season, but he really stepped it up in the FA Cup replay against Shrewsbury. He was really impressive that day.
Yeah, hope he kicks on this season. It would be nice for him and Koumetio if we feel we can trust those two enough (along with Fabinho in bigger games) to not bring in another senior cb.

Offline Henderson19

• Main Stander
« Reply #101966 on: August 29, 2020, 03:58:23 am »
Thanks for this. From watching, I think I could identify:
Sepp Van den Berg
Remi Savage
Larouci
Woodburn
Elijah Dixon-Bonner
Jack Bearne
Liam Millar
Rhys Williams
Dal Varesanovic

Not sure who the #9 was (Awoniyi maybe? Didn’t look tall enough) or the #7. Anyone have any ideas? Could be a trialist situation? The 9 scored and they didn’t mention whoever it was on the official sites report, could support the trialist theory. The report on the site was so barebones it makes me wonder if we had a few involved that haven’t officially signed yet.
#9 is Awoniyi and #7 is Ojo I think.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101967 on: August 29, 2020, 05:53:22 am »
That was my first thought, but then I thought they looked too small. 7 especially seemed too squat to be Ojo, but maybe it was just the camera angle or the new kits?

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101968 on: August 29, 2020, 05:58:34 am »
The details of the new U18s are now on LFC.  I find it interesting that there is only 10 new players.  That’s the smallest number for years I think, so finally fitting in with inglethorpe’s policy of reducing numbers and going for quality.  More to the point 3 of those have been bought in from abroad, so only 7 promoted from U16.  That’s tough on the number released.  And of the 10, 2 are goalies.  Why we need that many and LFC are still considering offering a contract to the 19 year old Spaniard making up the numbers to 5 training with the firsts in Austria, goodness only knows.  Goalies are becoming a bit of an obsession.
The keeper thing is a bit odd, but I’m sure there’s a master plan. Train them in our style of play from an early age, hope one becomes good enough to be the heir apparent. No more need to spend 70 million on a keeper, and can likely turn a good profit on the others.

I do like our quality over quantity policy now. Especially with the new training complex opening soon, I think it gives a real sense of one team with one style of play/expectations etc. It should give the young lads something to really strive for and allow them more opportunities to work closely with their senior peers and coaches.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #101969 on: August 29, 2020, 08:06:27 am »
Regarding the debate on no9. It is interesting that he is the only scorer not mentioned on the official site report. Makes me think it was a trialist?
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101970 on: August 29, 2020, 11:02:48 am »

Good call.  I think

2. Quansah?
3. Norris?
4. Sepp
5 Savage
6. Dixon-Bonner
7. OJo
8. Woodburn
9. awoniyi
10.  Bearne
11. Millar
12.  Rhys 2
15.  Clayton
17.  Clarkson
18.  Cain
19. Glatzel
20. Sharif
21.  Longstaff
22. Larouci
23.  Varonesavic?

Couldn’t see the goalies but reckon it was Jaros in the first half and Winterbottom in the second.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101971 on: August 29, 2020, 03:11:17 pm »
Pretty sure I read this was because the club didn't want to push him too much (as he is still developing physically) with the heavy sessions the seniors are doing so they pulled him out of one session a day. Klopp took him to one side to do something different instead of him just being sat around.
Ah, that makes sense, cheers man.

Just saw a clip of Musialowski's debut goal. I'm finding it quite hard not to get excited about this lad.

https://streamable.com/l4av54

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #101972 on: August 30, 2020, 12:19:35 am »
It’s disappointing that the Huddersfield and Carlisle highlights haven’t made it on to LFC TV GO.

I may even fire off a strongly worded letter.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101973 on: August 30, 2020, 04:00:25 pm »
It’s disappointing that the Huddersfield and Carlisle highlights haven’t made it on to LFC TV GO.

I may even fire off a strongly worded letter.
You’d have to think at least the U18 highlights will be up today.

Offline Kitch83

• Main Stander
« Reply #101974 on: August 30, 2020, 07:14:03 pm »
Does anyone know if Ritaccio is back after his injury yet? Not seen him in any pics.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101975 on: August 31, 2020, 01:07:59 pm »
Tyler Morton signs his first pro contract.  He seemed to only get his chance when Tom Hill was playing up last season, but he looked accomplished when he did play. 

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101976 on: August 31, 2020, 02:50:13 pm »
Tyler Morton signs his first pro contract.  He seemed to only get his chance when Tom Hill was playing up last season, but he looked accomplished when he did play.
He looked sharp last season. Tall, mobile and good range of passing. Lots of intriguing midfield prospects in our setup all around the 17/18 age. Morton, Hill, Clarkson, Cain, all offer something a bit different as well.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101977 on: August 31, 2020, 04:03:10 pm »
Glatzel, Bearne and O’Rourke score in today’s 3-1 U23s warm up match v Derby.  Bearne is a curious one.  I have seen him play On LFC tv when not injured over the last couple of seasons, but not sure quite how to describe him as a player.  Probably doing him a disservice to suggest he is a no 10 type, but then I get the impression he is smaller than Eg Layton Stewart and more often playing on the right of a front 3 but isn’t the dribbling/speed merchants of many wingers.  But, give him his dues, he scores a bit. 

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101978 on: August 31, 2020, 04:04:13 pm »
Really want to see Glatzel get back his form. He was always the better of the two between him and Duncan - and you hope the injury is one he fully recovers from.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101979 on: August 31, 2020, 04:12:34 pm »
Glatzel, Bearne and O’Rourke score in today’s 3-1 U23s warm up match v Derby.  Bearne is a curious one.  I have seen him play On LFC tv when not injured over the last couple of seasons, but not sure quite how to describe him as a player.  Probably doing him a disservice to suggest he is a no 10 type, but then I get the impression he is smaller than Eg Layton Stewart and more often playing on the right of a front 3 but isn’t the dribbling/speed merchants of many wingers.  But, give him his dues, he scores a bit.

Bearne is an interesting one. We picked him up from Notts county as a highly rated 15/16 year old. Has always looked dangerous when fit, but he doesn’t seem to have grown at all since he’s arrived. He’s started preseason quite brightly with the u23s though. He’s got a bit of Ryan Fraser about him, not a standout athlete but good dribbling, change of pace and creative.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101980 on: August 31, 2020, 11:27:09 pm »
Really want to see Glatzel get back his form. He was always the better of the two between him and Duncan - and you hope the injury is one he fully recovers from.

Agree completely with you. Duncan got the attention because of his family connections imo but Glatzel always had more about his overall game. He looks like he’s really muscled up during his rehab so I am hoping he is fit and ready to take the next step in his development.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101981 on: September 1, 2020, 11:13:52 am »
Agree completely with you. Duncan got the attention because of his family connections imo but Glatzel always had more about his overall game. He looks like he’s really muscled up during his rehab so I am hoping he is fit and ready to take the next step in his development.

I think Duncan is a bit of an easy target after the really poor way he left.  I don’t think it was his family connections that led to any overstatement of his abilities.  He got some early publicity as a 16 year old being the first England youth to score a hatrick again Brazil away, and in a very good Man City youth team.  He was so determined to return to LFC that he took a year out at a crucial stage of his development without a club as Man City wouldn’t release him.  That was unheard of.  Imo he was a better striker/finisher than Glatzel, but I agree Glatzel is more of a Klopp type of all round forward. 

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101982 on: September 1, 2020, 11:24:22 am »
Highlights of the 2nd 5-0 U18 warm up game v. Huddersfield on on the website.  A few missed shots from close range but blowing the usual gale at Kirby.  No Layton Stewart on view.  Hope he’s not injured because I don’t think he’s with the U23s yet, at least not while there are so many there waiting to get loans.   

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #101983 on: September 1, 2020, 12:44:20 pm »
Highlights of the 2nd 5-0 U18 warm up game v. Huddersfield on on the website.  A few missed shots from close range but blowing the usual gale at Kirby.  No Layton Stewart on view.  Hope he’s not injured because I don’t think he’s with the U23s yet, at least not while there are so many there waiting to get loans.   

I think Layton was with the u18's in their first game, not sure he has moved up the u23's yet.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline scout94

• Kemlynite
« Reply #101984 on: September 1, 2020, 12:48:54 pm »
that No17 Isaac Mabaya look very good :lickin

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101985 on: September 1, 2020, 01:58:37 pm »
Is that who 17 was? It was clear the commentators were avoiding  saying his name whenever he was on the ball and he wasn’t on the lineup card so I thought maybe another trialist situation perhaps. He looks an absolute unit and quite skilled as well. I’ve heard a lot about him but don’t think I’ve ever seen him. He and Balagizi both have incredible physical profiles for their ages.

Thought both Hill and Morton looked excellent in those highlights, they appear to have grown physically and in confidence since last year. I suppose they are now out of The “shadow” of Cain and clarkson and the midfield is theirs to run, and it shows. Throw in the like of Balagizi and Stephenson and our midfield options are tasty.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101986 on: September 1, 2020, 02:01:00 pm »

It’s possible that Stewart and Musialowski were with the u23s for their friendly against Derby which I think was the day after this. It’s possible we decided prior to send them up for that one and use some of the younger kids against Huddersfield.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101987 on: September 1, 2020, 02:12:15 pm »
Nice to see Frauendorf get on the scoresheet in his first appearance, could have had a second half hat trick if the ball settled for him a bit better a couple times. As Hopeful mentioned, the wind was outrageous and played havoc with the ball all afternoon.

Really liking the look of Harvey Blair. Bagged a couple goals (including a pen he won) but aside from that he made several excellent runs and got into great goal scoring positions. Seems to have a good build and pace for his age as well.

The centre backs look like a nice pairing with Jonas and Quansah. Quansah played a fair amount with this group last year but mostly as a full back, so interested to see how he develops in the centre of defence this year. They both look athletic and like being on the ball.

I’m curious to see where the new boys Frauendorf and Musialowski see most of their minutes. We generally get creative with our formations at the academy level so that will open up different opportunities, but we do seem to have a glut of midfielders in this group compared to forwards for example. Frauendorf apparently is usually deployed as an 8 or on thr left wing, Musialowski seems like a 10 first and foremost. Fun times ahead either way, this could be a really strong group at this level.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101988 on: September 1, 2020, 02:40:24 pm »
Another day, another friendly victory for the 18s. This time it’s a 4-1 win against Leicester. Two more goals for Tom Hill, with Layton Stewart (no injury then) and Luke Chambers also scoring.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101989 on: September 1, 2020, 10:40:22 pm »

Ha ha.  I just looked at it again.  I’ve also heard of him but never seen him.  Must take quite some restraining from Steve Hunter not to mention his name.  oK so he is still technically an U16, but he is 16 this month and is bound to play up in the U18s some Time this season.    They don’t normally avoid mentioning schoolboys when playing.   

This is quite a tall team U18 team.  Even the LB, Luke Chambers, looks fairly tall. 

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101990 on: September 1, 2020, 10:45:16 pm »
He's already been mentioned in highlights last season so not sure why they'd deliberately avoid mentioning him now
« Last Edit: September 1, 2020, 10:52:11 pm by Chris~ »

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #101991 on: September 1, 2020, 10:54:23 pm »

Seems like he’s not 16 for another 3 weeks so that probably explains the data protection concerns.

Offline Two-Headed Sex Beast

• Kemlynite
« Reply #101992 on: September 2, 2020, 06:56:57 pm »
18s 4-1 Leicester win highlights up on LFCTVGO now. Tom Hill looks like he’s developing into quite a player, same with Stewart. Hill reminds me of jones a bit in how good he is at shooting off both feet.

Blair looks exciting too, pacey for sure.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101993 on: September 2, 2020, 06:58:24 pm »
18s 4-1 Leicester win highlights up on LFCTVGO now. Tom Hill looks like he’s developing into quite a player, same with Stewart. Hill reminds me of jones a bit in how good he is at shooting off both feet.

Blair looks exciting too, pacey for sure.

Looks like a really talented group doesn’t it? Balagizi looked unplayable in those highlights, couple of assists and heavily involved in some very impressive team moves

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101994 on: September 2, 2020, 06:58:52 pm »

Told you all few pages back that this lad has all the makings.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #101995 on: September 2, 2020, 07:05:47 pm »
Told you all few pages back that this lad has all the makings.

What did you say? It’s always good to see an ITK in action ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Two-Headed Sex Beast

• Kemlynite
« Reply #101996 on: September 2, 2020, 07:51:27 pm »
Looks like a really talented group doesn’t it? Balagizi looked unplayable in those highlights, couple of assists and heavily involved in some very impressive team moves

Certainly does. Balagizi was name dropped a few months ago by Neil Jones as one the academy has high hopes for. Seems to be him, Hill, Norris and Stewart who are openly acknowledged as having the potential to make it for us, so far.

Speaking of that, where is Norris? Is he exclusively 23s now? Also, Muasialowskii hasn’t been in the squad the last two 18s games for some reason, hope it’s not an injury.

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101997 on: September 2, 2020, 07:54:08 pm »
What did you say? It’s always good to see an ITK in action ;)

He said Isaac May be a very good player, though at this age you can often say that and it's just as likely he'll be offloaded to Everton youth.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101998 on: September 2, 2020, 08:21:01 pm »
Certainly does. Balagizi was name dropped a few months ago by Neil Jones as one the academy has high hopes for. Seems to be him, Hill, Norris and Stewart who are openly acknowledged as having the potential to make it for us, so far.

Speaking of that, where is Norris? Is he exclusively 23s now? Also, Muasialowskii hasn’t been in the squad the last two 18s games for some reason, hope it’s not an injury.

I think Norris will be first choice lb at u23 level this year, Chambers will step in at u18.
Don’t think Musialowski is injured, it seems like we are rotating players to some extent in these friendlies. Could just be bedding him in gradually.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101999 on: September 2, 2020, 09:23:57 pm »
He said Isaac May be a very good player, though at this age you can often say that and it's just as likely he'll be offloaded to Everton youth.

Well that was clear to those who look out for who is being picked for the England youth teams and Isaac appears to have been a regular in U15s and 16s.  That isn’t a certain thing for success later on but it’s a good start.  to be so because he was the regular Eng youth player in that age group.  Funny how one has a picture of some players In your mind before you see them..  I had him pictured as a small (and speedy) striker.  There must have been some pics on the net of him as a much younger youth player because he is clearly far from short