Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12264824 times)

Offline Koparoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Number 7 is just around the corner!!
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #101920 on: August 24, 2020, 01:45:31 pm »
Can we keep out these youth players won't make int in this thread?

Don't want to hear it to be honest. It's tough enough for any youth player as it is. I just want to know how well they're doing etc.

Yep - couldn't agree more!  Life's too short... and they've got better things to do.

Too much negativity - kills clubs...
"After 27 years and 11 days, finally, we got justice for the 96"
Adrian Tempany

... YNWA

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #101921 on: August 24, 2020, 05:06:52 pm »
Has anyone seen Koumetio playing for the youth teams?  Couldn't get a good idea of how quick he is in that limited time on the pitch, pace is such a crucial part of our defensive approach.
I watched all of his games that were On LFCTV last year, had his moments where he really looked like a kid in a mans body but overall very solid. It’s easy to forget sometimes when you see a lad that size that he’s 17 and in a new country, so you can forgive him a few brain fart moments (had a tendency to tune out/lose focus occasionally). Plus, it’s tough to stand out as a CB at u18 level as the games can be a tad...chaotic. Still dominated in the air and looked very comfortable on the ball.
It seems clear that he’s made pretty staggering progress over the past year.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 05:14:43 pm by NsRed »

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101922 on: August 24, 2020, 05:21:43 pm »
Highlights of the U18 5-0 win over Crewe now on the web sight for those interested in catching glimpses of the new first year U18s cohort

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101924 on: August 24, 2020, 07:04:34 pm »
Highlights of the U18 5-0 win over Crewe now on the web sight for those interested in catching glimpses of the new first year U18s cohort
Made for some fun viewing that! Stewart just too good for this level, but great to get a glimpse at some of those who will be major players for the new look 18s.

Balagizi is really looking like he could be a Yaya Touré type midfielder, what a unit he is. Very skilled and always plays with his head up as well. We’ve played him in a number of different roles, from out wide to #6 and everywhere in between, but he definitely looks like he could be an incredible 8 if he stays fit and continues to develop at this rate.

Harvey Blair will be one to watch this year. We oddly enough have very few wide forward types in our academy setup, even though they are obviously a major feature in our first team. He looks like he’s got the pace and skill set to play that role though, has grown as well.

The new boy Musialowski could have bagged a hat trick in his second half cameo. The way he rolled those two massive Crewe defenders for his goal was wild. Looks like we could have a good one on our hands. 

Offline phil236849

• loves a Kwenchy Kup
  • Legacy Fan
  • Across the face of the goal
« Reply #101925 on: August 24, 2020, 07:40:41 pm »
Frauendorf has LiverpooolFC on his Insta profile according to Twitter (looks like it but I don’t do insta, snapchat, tiktok or other shite)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101926 on: August 24, 2020, 07:46:28 pm »
Frauendorf has LiverpooolFC on his Insta profile according to Twitter (looks like it but I don’t do insta, snapchat, tiktok or other shite)

https://www.instagram.com/melhinjo11/

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101927 on: August 24, 2020, 07:51:46 pm »
https://www.instagram.com/melhinjo11/
His Hoffenheim teammate Nick Breitenbucher was linked back in July when Frauendorf was as well, wonder if he’ll follow

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #101928 on: August 25, 2020, 11:06:10 am »

The new boy Musialowski could have bagged a hat trick in his second half cameo. The way he rolled those two massive Crewe defenders for his goal was wild. Looks like we could have a good one on our hands.

You could say they were Muscleoffski

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #101929 on: August 25, 2020, 11:10:21 am »
Are those U18 highlights knocking about anywhere for free?
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101930 on: August 25, 2020, 12:17:37 pm »
Neil Jones saying Klopp has held two one-to-one training sessions with Koumetio, working on tactical understanding and positioning.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101931 on: August 25, 2020, 05:56:23 pm »
Neil Jones saying Klopp has held two one-to-one training sessions with Koumetio, working on tactical understanding and positioning.

Absolutely amazed at this lad, I have to say. You think of young talents at that age who have impressed over the years and honestly I can only think of Kompany having looked anywhere near as physically able at that age, combined with composure between the ears. That was in Champions League group games though - that's your caveat I guess - Koumetio's playing for us in pre-season. 

It's a funny one - when a young player breaks through and has that kind of power - Micah Richards was 17 and raw as could be, wasn't he?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #101932 on: August 25, 2020, 06:12:08 pm »
Absolutely amazed at this lad, I have to say. You think of young talents at that age who have impressed over the years and honestly I can only think of Kompany having looked anywhere near as physically able at that age, combined with composure between the ears. That was in Champions League group games though - that's your caveat I guess - Koumetio's playing for us in pre-season. 

It's a funny one - when a young player breaks through and has that kind of power - Micah Richards was 17 and raw as could be, wasn't he?

You have to remember that Koumetio was playing in a makeshift defence. Put him in with VVD and Robertson to guide him and you should get a better idea of his ability.

As long as Milner doesn't tell him to 'Fuck Off' he'll be fine. :D

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #101933 on: August 25, 2020, 06:49:45 pm »
Milner has been very aggressive lately.
I just love that this post is in this thread.   ;D

Yeah, Milner has been acting as both, a father figure and a teacher for the younger players. 
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101934 on: August 25, 2020, 08:14:55 pm »
This sounds good, but it would be nice to know the context, ie does this happen with a lot of our young players or is Koumetio the only one Klopp's done this with? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious as it might provide an indication of just how highly Klopp rates him. As others have said, he does look really good, ridiculously good considering his age actually, but all I have to go on are these two preseason matches as I don't watch the youth sides these days.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #101935 on: August 25, 2020, 08:59:51 pm »
I just love that this post is in this thread.   ;D

Yeah, Milner has been acting as both, a father figure and a teacher for the younger players.

Looks like he’s trying to end Tsmikas though.

Offline dudek05

• Main Stander
« Reply #101936 on: August 25, 2020, 09:32:01 pm »
Milner seems to be making sure new players have a welcome to the club and also keeping everyone on their toes to make sure no one goes big time and lets standards drop because we have won a title. Looks like great leadership to me and will probably be mirrored by Hendo when he returns.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101937 on: August 26, 2020, 12:07:57 am »
Looks like he’s trying to end Tsmikas though.

Yeah he almost killed him and helped daka get a third! Lol.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101938 on: August 26, 2020, 12:20:18 am »

Liverpool complete signing of German youth international from Hoffenheim
Highly-rated 16-year-old Melkamu Frauendorf has completed his transfer to Liverpool

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfer-news-melkamu-frauendorf-18825038.amp
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101939 on: August 26, 2020, 08:42:06 am »
The Melkman always delivers the cream. And so forth.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101940 on: August 26, 2020, 08:50:13 am »
This sounds good, but it would be nice to know the context, ie does this happen with a lot of our young players or is Koumetio the only one Klopp's done this with? Not that it really matters, I'm just curious as it might provide an indication of just how highly Klopp rates him. As others have said, he does look really good, ridiculously good considering his age actually, but all I have to go on are these two preseason matches as I don't watch the youth sides these days.

Pretty sure I read this was because the club didn't want to push him too much (as he is still developing physically) with the heavy sessions the seniors are doing so they pulled him out of one session a day. Klopp took him to one side to do something different instead of him just being sat around.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101941 on: August 26, 2020, 04:17:07 pm »
Liverpool complete signing of German youth international from Hoffenheim
Highly-rated 16-year-old Melkamu Frauendorf has completed his transfer to Liverpool

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfer-news-melkamu-frauendorf-18825038.amp
What exactly does this line mean?
Hoffenheim will be owed training compensation for their development of the player.
Seems a fancy way of saying that we're giving them money? Or is James Milner flying to Germany for a day to yell at some Hoffenheim U-18s?
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101942 on: August 26, 2020, 04:22:52 pm »
What exactly does this line mean?Seems a fancy way of saying that we're giving them money? Or is James Milner flying to Germany for a day to yell at some Hoffenheim U-18s?

Its basically compensation for them for "educating" him for however many years he's been there.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101943 on: August 27, 2020, 11:40:16 pm »

Offline Instalamus

• Boys Pen
« Reply #101944 on: August 27, 2020, 11:53:17 pm »
https://youtu.be/DUaaexoPfgs

Extended highlights of the u23s game

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101945 on: August 27, 2020, 11:57:19 pm »
What exactly does this line mean?Seems a fancy way of saying that we're giving them money? Or is James Milner flying to Germany for a day to yell at some Hoffenheim U-18s?

It's like when over here it goes to a tribunal, but it's a set fee that UEFA have set. Think it's only a few hundred thousand.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101946 on: August 28, 2020, 12:19:25 am »
Isn't it a fixed fee of 250k when I youngster moves to a club in another country?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101947 on: August 28, 2020, 12:20:25 am »
Isn't it a fixed fee of 250k when I youngster moves to a club in another country?

Yeah it's something like that unless it's changed recently. Really isn't like over here between clubs where it's decided on a case by cases basis and can be millions.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101948 on: August 28, 2020, 04:54:00 am »

Thanks for this. From watching, I think I could identify:
Sepp Van den Berg
Remi Savage
Larouci
Woodburn
Elijah Dixon-Bonner
Jack Bearne
Liam Millar
Rhys Williams
Dal Varesanovic

Not sure who the #9 was (Awoniyi maybe? Didn’t look tall enough) or the #7. Anyone have any ideas? Could be a trialist situation? The 9 scored and they didn’t mention whoever it was on the official sites report, could support the trialist theory. The report on the site was so barebones it makes me wonder if we had a few involved that haven’t officially signed yet.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 05:00:56 am by NsRed »

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101949 on: August 28, 2020, 11:09:59 am »
Sepp Van den Berg
Remi Savage
Larouci
Woodburn
Elijah Dixon-Bonner
Jack Bearne
Liam Millar
Rhys Williams
Dal Varesanovic

Not sure who the #9 was (Awoniyi maybe? Didn’t look tall enough) or the #7. Anyone have any ideas? Could be a trialist situation? The 9 scored and they didn’t mention whoever it was on the official sites report, could support the trialist theory. The report on the site was so barebones it makes me wonder if we had a few involved that haven’t officially signed yet.

Could be Awoniyi but pics of him suggest he is a much broader than the scorer on the vid.  I also saw Rhys Williams, Tom Clayton at CB in the second half (I recognised Rhys by his new hairstyle in the latest photo on the official website).  And Longstaff and Clarkson in the second half too.

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #101950 on: August 28, 2020, 11:19:14 am »
Sepp Van den Berg
Remi Savage
Larouci
Woodburn
Elijah Dixon-Bonner
Jack Bearne
Liam Millar
Rhys Williams
Dal Varesanovic

I thought Larouci was leaving/had left already?
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101951 on: August 28, 2020, 02:34:14 pm »
Surprised SVDB was there. He's been sent to play with the kids, whilst Koumetio, Phillips stay with the firsts, or is there another reason?

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101952 on: August 28, 2020, 02:39:31 pm »
Surprised SVDB was there. He's been sent to play with the kids, whilst Koumetio, Phillips stay with the firsts, or is there another reason?
I think Sepp is firmly in with the u23s for this season. Koumetio will be as well, but I think he’s getting the extended look in with the first team that he hasn’t had before. Phillips will get a move of some kind I would expect.

Online dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101953 on: August 28, 2020, 02:39:52 pm »

He didn’t get any game time against Salzburg so maybe just for fitness?

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101954 on: August 28, 2020, 02:40:09 pm »
I thought Larouci was leaving/had left already?

He’s said he isn’t going to sign a new deal so he’ll be getting a move. Hasn’t materialized yet though.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101955 on: August 28, 2020, 02:42:22 pm »
Could be Awoniyi but pics of him suggest he is a much broader than the scorer on the vid.  I also saw Rhys Williams, Tom Clayton at CB in the second half (I recognised Rhys by his new hairstyle in the latest photo on the official website).  And Longstaff and Clarkson in the second half too.
Good eye, yeah. Didn’t think it was Awoniyi either, must be a newbie of some kind (hence no name attributed to his goal). It’s been pretty quiet on the academy front so far in terms of news about coming and goings. Hopefully that changes soon and we get an idea of what the underage squads will look like.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101956 on: August 28, 2020, 02:50:00 pm »
5-0 win against Huddersfield for the u18s today. Frauendorf made his debut and scored. Harvey Blair with a brace (exciting prospect him), Sean Wilson and Tom Hill also scored.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101957 on: August 28, 2020, 03:31:38 pm »
5-0 win against Huddersfield for the u18s today. Frauendorf made his debut and scored. Harvey Blair with a brace (exciting prospect him), Sean Wilson and Tom Hill also scored.

Is Harvey a younger brother to Marley out of interest?   Marley appeared to join us a couple of years back then never played in the U18s, then left after a year.  He was also a forward/winger.  No idea why it didn’t work out for Marley but if he is a brother I guess there are no hard feelings. 

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101958 on: August 28, 2020, 04:16:02 pm »
Is Harvey a younger brother to Marley out of interest?   Marley appeared to join us a couple of years back then never played in the U18s, then left after a year.  He was also a forward/winger.  No idea why it didn’t work out for Marley but if he is a brother I guess there are no hard feelings.
Think he was just released/not offered a deal. And yeah they're brothers

Offline Chrisfers

• Boys Pen
« Reply #101959 on: August 28, 2020, 04:19:08 pm »

Recognised #4 as VDB, #10 was Bearne I think. 22# Larouci? Which other players had which number?