Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 266595 times)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I mean all of us surely watched it 100s of times lol.
Three quarters of the views were by me.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
Had to bump this, just thinking about it all morning again. Never see anything like it again.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Had to bump this, just thinking about it all morning again. Never see anything like it again.

I won't be surprised if we do see something similar (not for a while as I don't think my heart could take the drama). This club has come back firmly fixed in its genome.

The trend was set when we believed we could come back from a 5-1 deficit to Ajax. That didn't happen but that belief never went away.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece

Posting again that I was literally sobbing at the end with the players singing YNWA with the whole stadium and especially the moment camera cut to Kenny.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

You're saying we're not capable of repeating this? Away the heathen! Shun the non-believer!
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Just listening to the BBC commentary again.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just listening to the BBC commentary again.
Nothing quite beats radio commentary

when we had no alternative back in the day most weekends and midweeks, those were the days

r.i.p. Peter Jones

• Legacy Fan
Nothing quite beats radio commentary

when we had no alternative back in the day most weekends and midweeks, those were the days

r.i.p. Peter Jones

It was great in the 60s and 70s when reception faded in and out, particularly when playing behind the Iron Curtain.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
You're saying we're not capable of repeating this? Away the heathen! Shun the non-believer!

We ll never repeat the first leg again, is what was meant ;)
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
We ll never repeat the first leg again, is what was meant ;)

Better bloody not!  My hair's already grey, don't want to go bald as well! ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
What a night!! Brings a smile to my face every time a post is added on this. Saw the highlights only last weekend

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What a night!! Brings a smile to my face every time a post is added on this. Saw the highlights only last weekend

Long time to wait to see the highlights!

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
I watch this weekly. In every language possible.

Would be so sweet if we could do something similar to Real Madrid  :lickin

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
Long time to wait to see the highlights!

It wasn’t the first time.haha Not seen the highlights properly though since that night  ;D
« Last Edit: December 23, 2019, 07:43:06 pm by ScubaSteve »

• Legacy Fan

Without losing 3-0 first!

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

I mean we smashed them 4-0 in 2009 (5-0 on aggregate)
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I was just reading that Liverpool's 4-0 demolition of Barcelona was the most watched YouTube video in the UK in 2019.  ;D

I've lost count of the number of videos I watched.  ;D  Think my favourite was the one in the Spanish bar with the fat bird shouting "Messi, puta!" whilst the lone red in the background tries not to laugh in case he gets himself lynched.

Popcorn's Art

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
Without losing 3-0 first!
There's a special value in doing a 'remontada' back to a spanish team.. it burns it on their minds forever
I mean we smashed them 4-0 in 2009 (5-0 on aggregate)
For sure, but them being the fickle most arrogant fans there are on the planet, they already forgot about it. That's the added value of a remontada haha

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
I've lost count of the number of videos I watched.  ;D  Think my favourite was the one in the Spanish bar with the fat bird shouting "Messi, puta!" whilst the lone red in the background tries not to laugh in case he gets himself lynched.
I think I posted that video in here. One of my favourites too. 😂
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
It was great in the 60s and 70s when reception faded in and out, particularly when playing behind the Iron Curtain.

Simpler times.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline dai_bonehead

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I quite like the BT no filter stuff.

https://youtu.be/fyUMiFYoU1o

This is the whole of the Champions League season. Please remove if posted in the wrong thread.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
We were unlucky the first leg, chances we missed, couple of spawny goals then the Messi free kick, 3-0 in the first leg  flattered them :no
#Sausages

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never re-watched the first leg but I have seen the second leg many times!!!
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
I have those Russian highlights downloaded where you can turn off the commentary so it is just the crowd volume. I've watched it so many times I'm almost embarrassed! That match is a highlight of watching footy that I think will struggle to ever be topped.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I have those Russian highlights downloaded where you can turn off the commentary so it is just the crowd volume. I've watched it so many times I'm almost embarrassed! That match is a highlight of watching footy that I think will struggle to ever be topped.

Link please.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I think I posted that video in here. One of my favourites too. 😂

Posted it myself too, several times!  ;D 8)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Thanks.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
:D

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
I was just reading that Liverpool's 4-0 demolition of Barcelona was the most watched YouTube video in the UK in 2019.  ;D

I've done my part for the US  :wave

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
things you will tell your grandchildren about...

nothing compares..

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader

I need to have children before I can have grandchildren.
Anyone volunteering?  ;D

Offline Red an White Tea Party

• Anny Roader
  • How d'ya like them Onions barca?
I can spare a couple.
If you ask Smalling and Brown if they'd rather play Suarez or Carroll, they'd say Suarez all day long, because he's not going to bully them or run in behind them.

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise

nothing compares..

Funny enough, I said to my lad that he would tell his grand kids about this game as we came home that night. He is 15 and yet to have children . I also said that he should play me Trents Corner as I lie on my deathbed because of the happiest memories it will give us.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
Love that this thread is top of the pile on Christmas morning. Still loving Trent’s mad corner, Gini’s super sub, Div tearing up Barca. Robbo messi ng, Love it.  :) Happy Christmas!!!!!

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ib96h14d7ab995l/Sem-Final_-_2nd_leg_-_Liverpool_vs_Barcelona_-_07052019_RUSSIAN_1080i.torrent/file

I used this one. Hopefully it still works.
Brilliant, thanks for posting that.Just spent the last 2 hours n xmas day watching that with no comms... phenomenal
JFT 96

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
The Anfield game in particular feels like a moment of shared hysteria, the kind of game you watch through the prism of the crowd, the whole spectacle framed by their reactions.

It’s no secret Anfield does this to people. Pep Guardiola calls it “that place”, and seems more spooked every time he goes back, a man who has talked himself into seeing ghosts. For all the myth-making, you have to admit he’s got a point.

Perhaps there’s a science to it, the way the Anfield noise reverberates back across those tight single-tier stands. Perhaps it’s geography. Travel to Liverpool across the country and there is a feeling of the land falling away as you get closer, arriving at a kind of end point in that low grid of streets.

Science, geography, whatever. The end result is the same – Anfield does weird things to people.

The night before the Barcelona game had brought another note of drama, Vincent Kompany punting the ball past Kasper Schmeichel at the Etihad Stadium to give Manchester City a narrow but decisive-looking Premier League win.

It didn’t seem to have affected the vibe around the ground. Quite the opposite. It still felt like the witching hour. Anfield was a beautiful tableau before kick-off: the red shirts, the deep green of the stage, the powder blue as the light faded above the lip of the stands.

It is easy to forget Liverpool had a significantly weakened team, with no Mo Salah and no Roberto Firmino. The opening goal after seven minutes came at the end of a move involving Joël Matip, Jordan Henderson and Divock Origi who, for all their many qualities, are not players Spain’s elite clubs will have spent their pre-season anxiously studying. But how will we stop Matip? But they did for Barcelona all the same.

A 1-0 half-time lead felt like a foothold. The game changed completely between 54 and 56 minutes, as Georginio Wijnaldum scored twice. The first was made by Trent Alexander-Arnold, and involved giving the ball away in midfield then simply smashing through Jordi Alba to get it back, before pinging a cross into the six-yard box. The second one was a power-header into the corner.

At which point the night fell apart. People leapt and span around and tried to stand on things. The moon seemed to scroll backward through the sky. In the row of seats in front of me Jamie Carragher jumped around beating on the desks, combination-punching the air, hopping about like a seal chasing a beach ball. Which seemed like a fair point well made in the circumstances.

The fourth goal, the clincher, contained acting. Liverpool had a corner kick down below where we were sitting. Alexander-Arnold walked away nonchalantly, shoulders drooped – hmmm, where am I going? – then ran back suddenly and smacked the ball into the path of Origi, the acting, really quite good acting, all part of the pass.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/25/liverpool-barcelona-tottenham-ajax-champions-league
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
First goal was a heavy dose of Mane as well.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
Has to be the greatest night at Anfield ever right?

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader