Author Topic: AC Milan  (Read 5716 times)

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
AC Milan
« on: July 19, 2017, 11:24:25 am »
Great to see them awakening after their slumber.

The new owners mean business. Signed Bonucci for 35m. Morata looking likely too.

Offline cissesbeard

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: AC Milan
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 11:37:01 am »
as a kid Milan were THE team, will be good to see them strong again, one of those teams that you just want to see challenging for trophies - they have the history and romance. interested to see how borini gets on, a revived Milan should be good news for the league - need more teams to challenge Juve

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 12:24:03 pm »
I've got a love/hate relationship with Milan.

One the one hand they they're a lot like City and Chelsea - having success bought for them by a despicable man. Before Berlusconi they were comfortably the 3rd biggest club in Italy. With his ill gotten corrupt gains they became the biggest club in the world.

On the other hand though, as a kid falling in love with football in the late 80s/early 90s they were the ultimate team so will always have a special place in my heart. Players like Baresi, Maldini, Donadoni, Van Basten, Gullit and Rijkaard were amongst my favourites growing up.

Plus, their fans gave what I consider to be the most moving spontaneous YNWA I've ever seen in the immediate aftermath of Hillsborough when even large parts of our own country were blaming us. Still brings a tear to my eye watching it now.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mFX07w2-4ls" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mFX07w2-4ls</a>

So overall it's a yes from me, Clive. I'll be very happy to see them back in the big time.

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 05:48:31 pm »
Milan beat Bayern Munich 4-0 in a friendly in China today (saw the report on Sky Sports News). Mentioned that Milan have signed 10-players this summer (including Fabio Borini on loan from Sunderland).
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Online TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 05:50:38 pm »
Milan beat Bayern Munich 4-0 in a friendly in China today (saw the report on Sky Sports News). Mentioned that Milan have signed 10-players this summer (including Fabio Borini on loan from Sunderland).

Beggars belief how such an average footballer has managed to play for Liverpool, Chelsea, Roma and Milan. He must have one hell of an agent.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Dudek savessssss.........!

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop Forum
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 05:58:00 pm »
Along with Borini, Milan also have Gabriel Paletta and Suso on their books.
There was a two-minute interlude where Liverpool’s three-man attack squared up against United’s three-man defence and basically stalked them back into their own penalty area, like battle-hardened mountain wolves closing in on a flock of geriatric sheep.  Barney Ronay at Anfield @barneyronay Sun 19 Jan 2020 20.36 GMT

Offline RJ320

• Kopite
  • 17-01-42
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 07:25:50 pm »
Glad to see them back. Personally feel they're much bigger and more prestigious than Juventus.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2017, 08:09:05 pm »
Hope they have a great season, really good to see them making strong signings

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2017, 09:38:08 pm »
damn, they thrashed Bayern badly but then again it's a preseason friendly.
Do we expect Borini to get some matches there?

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2017, 11:11:27 pm »
damn, they thrashed Bayern badly but then again it's a preseason friendly.
Do we expect Borini to get some matches there?

I believe they are in Europa League this season so they will definitely be giving their squad players a good few games this year.

Offline BeautifulGame91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2017, 03:46:01 am »
Have nearly spent €250 mil on new players this summer

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 02:04:52 pm »
It would seem the Rossoneri have been kicked out the Europa League

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48801681

I wonder if they will be able to keep hold of the likes of Suso after this?
Justice for the 96!

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2019, 02:12:29 pm »
It would seem the Rossoneri have been kicked out the Europa League

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48801681

I wonder if they will be able to keep hold of the likes of Suso after this?

I'm sure he'll be fine missing a year in the Europa.
In fact I'm sure most big clubs would take the hit if they could get away with breaking some rules.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2019, 02:36:45 pm »
Wonder what Milan will think if City get away with it.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2019, 02:55:14 pm »
I'm sure their owners and fans are fine with this. It will just allow them to invest more with the hope that they can finally get back into the Champions League.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 02:57:55 pm »
I'm sure their owners and fans are fine with this. It will just allow them to invest more with the hope that they can finally get back into the Champions League.

if they are in breach of FFP, then seen more and are in breach again...won't they be banned from the CL?

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2019, 02:59:55 pm »
if they are in breach of FFP, then seen more and are in breach again...won't they be banned from the CL?

Good question, I'm honestly not sure. My assumption was they would be able to invest more and then the revenue they receive from the CL would ensure they remained compliant with FFP. I could be way off basis there though.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2019, 03:47:01 pm »
Seems like if you're going to breach FFP then you better have enough money to buy your way out of any proper punishment that might follow.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2019, 04:11:19 pm »
To a follower of the club or Italian league I can get why this would be a good choice.  But to any casual follower you would think it's a bad thing as all you know is AC Milan broke the rules and were punished for being rule breakers.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2019, 04:24:24 pm »
Great to see them awakening after their slumber.

The new owners mean business. Signed Bonucci for 35m. Morata looking likely too.

Ahh. Those heady days back when £35m was considered a decent wedge for  player.  And then the next season United went and spent £55m on Fred.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2019, 04:30:51 pm »
This actually seems like rewarding them rather than a penalty, i bet they were not looking fwd to the Europa league.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2019, 04:53:08 pm »
This actually seems like rewarding them rather than a penalty, i bet they were not looking fwd to the Europa league.

If you're struggling to meet FFP then foregoing the €40m or so for going deep in the EL seems counter productive.  Just because you get sanctioned once for FFP doesn't mean you don't have to meet it still in the future.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2019, 08:13:37 pm »
Now let's see if City also get punished.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2019, 08:40:27 pm »
If you're struggling to meet FFP then foregoing the €40m or so for going deep in the EL seems counter productive.  Just because you get sanctioned once for FFP doesn't mean you don't have to meet it still in the future.
I won't be surprised if they sell their keeper and Suso.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2019, 09:54:55 pm »
I won't be surprised if they sell their keeper and Suso.

I think I would take Pepe Reina back as a no2 keeper if Mignolet goes.
Justice for the 96!

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2019, 10:02:31 pm »

Mignolet ain’t going unless a “big club” want him. From what I’ve read, I honestly think he’d rather be part of this squad than number 1 for a midtable team. The way he ran towards Alisson at the whistle in Madrid shows he’s not being sulky about Alisson joining. He’s bought into the squad ethos and sees himself as part of a team with the other keepers. I think he was moody about Karius because maybe he thought he wasn’t that good from what he’d seen.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2019, 10:59:01 pm »
More importantly they are knocking down the San Siro.

It’s an absolutely legendary ground.. 
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2019, 11:04:49 pm »

Would love to get him back.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2019, 11:29:29 pm »

From what I've heard, it's falling apart. Legendary as it is, they badly need a new ground as much as they need squad investment. Same for Inter Milan.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2019, 12:49:38 am »
It's a bit like saying you can't get into the dance because you can't afford to while Man City are allowed in with a fraudulent ticket.

UEFA have really set a precedent here.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2019, 03:37:29 am »
Really hope City gets the same treatment
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2019, 02:57:47 pm »
Milan wanted to be left out this season anyway, so they're happy to do this
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2019, 03:57:27 pm »

Horrendous decision, amazing place and it's the most physically imposing ground I've ever been to. Luckily the reds weren't fazed when I went and won 1-0  8)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2019, 04:56:12 pm »

Looks like a Chinese restaurant from the outside.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2019, 04:58:17 pm »
Looks like a Chinese restaurant from the outside.
:lmao

I see that...

Brutalist architecture... just has real presence.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2019, 10:10:53 pm »
Desperate times call for desperate measures.

https://www.acmilan.com/en/news/media/2019-12-27/zlatan-ibrahimovic-rejoins-ac-milan

He's 38 years old and has no pace left whatsoever and they take this gamble just to try and advance from the mid-table mediocrity they're stuck in. Meanwhile, Inter are 21 points ahead and locked in a title battle with Juventus and (maybe) Lazio.

How the giants have fallen...
Linudden.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2019, 11:58:08 pm »
I knew he was old but didn't realise he was 38! Pure desperation from Milan, it's like us signing Torres again

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2019, 12:06:35 am »
Fuck'em
They deserve each other.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 29, 2019, 07:41:45 am »
This is the Serie A remember. I think Zlatan will bang them in there. Certainly better than anything else they've got.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2019, 07:54:45 am »
He's a massive legend. Imagine us in the same situation and signing Gerrard. Motivational boost if nothing else.

And he was solid at United like 2 years ago. I'm sure he's good for at least half a season at Serie A.