Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4129369 times)

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #22920 on: July 15, 2012, 04:42:16 am »
was right on the neck/spine that
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #22921 on: July 15, 2012, 04:42:28 am »
Khan's famous chin comes back to haunt him yet again.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22922 on: July 15, 2012, 04:44:25 am »
Fucking hell.. This is real bad for khan.. He looked comfortable and then 1 shot ended it. Khan was dreaming of super fights but he be lucky to save his career. Fucks sake
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22923 on: July 15, 2012, 04:45:07 am »
Khans problem is his brain or lack off it should I say.  All he had to do was box sensibly like he did the first 2 rounds, instead he oped up a bit and got hit by a lucky punch. 

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22924 on: July 15, 2012, 04:45:18 am »
I don't get it, how could this end Khan's career?

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #22925 on: July 15, 2012, 04:46:52 am »
I don't get it, how could this end Khan's career?
He's finished as a top level fighter IMO.

He'll still be able to fight. Just not at the elite level. Garcia has just earned himself a ticket to the top with that performance.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22926 on: July 15, 2012, 04:48:09 am »
He's finished as a top level fighter IMO.

He'll still be able to fight. Just not at the elite level. Garcia has just earned himself a ticket to the top with that performance.
Agreed,think he should retire off the back of that.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22927 on: July 15, 2012, 04:48:34 am »
Think that result was the difference between Khan going for Bradley next and Khan going for Kell Brook next to be honest.. Expecting the latter to be arranged sharpish.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #22928 on: July 15, 2012, 04:48:55 am »
Khan look spent after the 1st knockdown. Had there not been 12 seconds of round 3 the fight would have been over there and then. Long way back for him now.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22929 on: July 15, 2012, 04:50:12 am »
Lucky punch? How can anyone say that about a  man who has boxed all his life through counter-punching, that it was a lucky punch? That's what counter-punchers aim to do: land their punches as the other throws and this fella just so happened to have the power with it. That's not luck. Khan went in like a headless chicken and got emptied. Simple as that, really.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22930 on: July 15, 2012, 04:50:15 am »
Yeah as dilks said he'd have to dig real deep and turn things round big time to get the elite fights.. He was talking about flloyd, you think hes gonna get that now?! Not a chance in hell, hes a good boxer but he would need to change alot for him to get to that top level and sadly i dont think he has it in his locker. Hard to see where hes gonna go from here.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22931 on: July 15, 2012, 04:50:50 am »
He needs to learn how to defend before he fights again.

Back to Chris Eubank jnr now.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 04:53:32 am by karl1987 »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #22932 on: July 15, 2012, 04:52:33 am »
All over for him now. Teddy will dump him, sharpish.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22933 on: July 15, 2012, 04:52:58 am »
Didn't realise Freddie Roach Parkinson's was so bad,feel for him.

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #22934 on: July 15, 2012, 04:53:16 am »
Retire? At 25? He has definitely ruined his short term chances of fighting at the highest level but he's not exactly over the hill. If he can take the time to address the obvious flaws in his defence there is every chance he could mature into a better fighter.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22935 on: July 15, 2012, 04:54:50 am »
Thats why I could never put serious cash money on khan. So reckless. He could have outboxed this guy and maybe looked to stop him late but he was just standing tin the pocket with dumb arse tactics

I had Garcia in play because I had seen some mean looking hooks whistle past Khan and I figured one of them would land

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22936 on: July 15, 2012, 04:55:49 am »
Its not over for him at all. he just needs a change of scenery and he needs to become a long armed boxing. He only officially has 2 losses

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22937 on: July 15, 2012, 04:55:57 am »
I don't think he can fight any other way. It's just ingrained in him. Prescott done him the same way; practically walks into punches that can hurt him, and in Khans case, seeing he has no chin either, that's never good for any boxer. He's a bit like Theo Walcott, this boy: all speed, no brains.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22938 on: July 15, 2012, 04:56:57 am »
Talk of Khan's career being over a tad premature.

Garcia is a class act, Khan will get big fights still needs to bounce back quickly though.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22939 on: July 15, 2012, 04:58:04 am »
Thats why I could never put serious cash money on khan. So reckless. He could have outboxed this guy and maybe looked to stop him late but he was just standing tin the pocket with dumb arse tactics

I had Garcia in play because I had seen some mean looking hooks whistle past Khan and I figured one of them would land

Wish i'd had this view, only put Ł20 on him but still gutted, thought he would have put in a much better performance than that. little shit.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22940 on: July 15, 2012, 04:58:15 am »
Garcia is gonna make nice money being fed to Mayweather for his comebacking fight

Offline Mr Dilkington

• would rather be too cold than too hot
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never buy the Sun
    • www.level3football.com
« Reply #22941 on: July 15, 2012, 05:00:26 am »
Talk of Khan's career being over a tad premature.

Garcia is a class act, Khan will get big fights still needs to bounce back quickly though.
That's the thing - I don't think Garcia is a class act at all.

He's tough, no doubt. His left hook is incredible if he comes up against someone who lets him use it. But a 'class act'? I don't see it, fella.

All credit to Garcia like, but I have a suspicion that Garcia will be found out if he fights an elite fighter. Khan isn't even close to being that.
You change all the lead, sleeping in my head, as the day grows dim, I hear you sing a golden hymn.

Offline Lee-87

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22942 on: July 15, 2012, 05:00:38 am »
Garcias da throwing a completley out of the blue "im not racist" in his interview there.

Offline Red Cez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stop Fucking Moaning!!!!
« Reply #22943 on: July 15, 2012, 05:00:48 am »
Think he should pull back from any big fights for a little bit. Sticking him in with two or three journeyman types while he works on the flaws in his game would be better for his career in the long term imo.
Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation.

Oscar Wilde

Offline lfc786

• Kopite
« Reply #22944 on: July 15, 2012, 05:06:46 am »
Disappointed for Khan. But it was all his fault he doesn't use his brain always wants to exchange punches. Khans career isn't over he'll move up to welterweight and fight kell Brook. Also look at mallinagie how he came back after Khan beat him and now is a champion.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22945 on: July 15, 2012, 05:09:51 am »
That's the thing - I don't think Garcia is a class act at all.

He's tough, no doubt. His left hook is incredible if he comes up against someone who lets him use it. But a 'class act'? I don't see it, fella.

All credit to Garcia like, but I have a suspicion that Garcia will be found out if he fights an elite fighter. Khan isn't even close to being that.
Yeah class might be pushing it a bit mate - it remains to be seen how good he is, not saying I'd fancy him against a Mayweather by any means but he's definitely a talent.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22946 on: July 15, 2012, 07:31:43 am »
Just watched the fight then. Not the first time he's done that, he's always gonna have that in him. He's too reckless, he shouldnt be getting caught like that,,plus he wanted to move up in weight didn't he? No chance. Think he's gonna have to rebuild again but I'm not so sure how he can. He's just gonna be liable at some point down the line to fuck up again IMO.

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22947 on: July 15, 2012, 07:48:43 am »
Great speed. Terrible defence.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #22948 on: July 15, 2012, 08:07:28 am »
Khan looked like he would completely dominate the fight after round two finished, Garcia missing and Khan looking lightning fast... and then Khan got caught. Garcia was trying to use timing to catch Khan with a solid shot, knowing he couldnt match his speed and that's what he did.

Khan is still only young and he can come again.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22949 on: July 15, 2012, 08:34:49 am »
How wrong was I and others.

Khan never learns. Once again before a fight he is talking about Mayweather. Fucking hell Khan concentrate on the fight in front of you. Mayweather would kick your fucking arse.

Khan is a cocky fool that's all he is really. He isn't good enough to talk about Mayweather. He should of been talking about Bradley if anyone.

Khan will come back at the he has to stay at his current weight and prove himself again. Mirra has to accept that Khan has a glass chin.

Credit to Garcia though - for the 1st two rounds when Khan was punching him he took all of Garcia punching and Khan wasn't hurting him at all.

Let's face this defeat was coming for Khan - Khan lost against Patterson and was lucky in his last other 2 fights.

Khan got BATTERED and it's nearly game over.  Khan has to fight Brook now for me to prove himself again.

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #22950 on: July 15, 2012, 08:39:02 am »
Amir Khan could be great, but he just makes fundamental errors. He was in control of the fight for two rounds, but leaving himself so wide open against a counter-puncher like Garcia was such a massive error and he got caught with one big bomb, and that was that. 

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #22951 on: July 15, 2012, 08:45:10 am »
Dont want to be doom monger but I think Khan's career is over.

He will do a hatton towards the end of his career and fight a few bums in Bolton
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22952 on: July 15, 2012, 08:45:23 am »
Amir Khan could be great, but he just makes fundamental errors. He was in control of the fight for two rounds, but leaving himself so wide open against a counter-puncher like Garcia was such a massive error and he got caught with one big bomb, and that was that. 

He wasn't using his speed. He didn't hit and move.

Khan boxed like a fool.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #22953 on: July 15, 2012, 09:12:44 am »
Khan is a pretender. All hype with little talent.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22954 on: July 15, 2012, 09:18:38 am »
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #22955 on: July 15, 2012, 09:33:48 am »
Khan's problem is that his brain is way behind his body. I've always felt that Khan lacked something which would prevent him getting to the top and it's his discipline, concentration and brain even more than his chin. He just fights like an idiot sometimes and doesn't seem to have the discipline to carry out a gameplan. Even against Maidana, he was winning the fight well and got nailed in (round 10?) and was hanging on for dear life after that. Tonight, he boxed well but allowed his concentration to drop and got nailed. In boxing, you switch off for a heartbeat and it's goodnight.

Offline StevenLFC

• Charles Colville. Spyin Kop purveyor extraordinaire. Likes pigeons and buses.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @stehoare
    • The Bib Theorists
« Reply #22956 on: July 15, 2012, 09:36:01 am »
He wasn't using his speed. He didn't hit and move.

Khan boxed like a fool.

I'd agree. If he got in and out quickly he would have been comfortable but he kept himself within range of Garcia's counter punches.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22957 on: July 15, 2012, 09:43:17 am »
Well i predicted Khan would be stupid, make the fight tough and take lots of heavy shots. I just thought he'd be able to take them this time.  :)

Khan's lack of intelligence and chin mean he will never be a great fighter or be in the super fights BUT he can still have a good career. Khan, his promoters and management need to accept that they now have to be very selective with their match making. They need to avoid bangers at all costs.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 09:45:02 am by peachybum »
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #22958 on: July 15, 2012, 10:05:57 am »
Think Khan will get beat.

Genuinely don't see what everyone else sees in Amir Khan.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #22959 on: July 15, 2012, 10:06:03 am »
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!
;D

Garcia is gonna make nice money being fed to Mayweather for his comebacking fight

Goldenboy won't put Garcia anywhere near Floyd, they're in different weight divisions for starters. Did you not see Oscar afterwards, I am convinced I actually saw $$ instead of two eyes. They will play up the whole Puerto Rican / American thing and they will all make lots of money. I expect Garcia to fight Maidana next, he is fairly crude but they will put him in fights that he will win for a good while yet

I thought McGuigan called it spot on last night when he said they were timing the 'same time' shot as that's what nailed Khan, they took a few rounds to get into rhythm but once that landed it was good night. He has proper power in both hands. All this bullshit about Khan being chinny should be swerved too, the shot on the neck would have dropped anyone, in fact he  did fucking well to get up from it, debilitating punch. He will come again, they will re-invent him at 147 as they did at 140 after Prescott and he will still be in exciting fights cos that's his style. It's career limiting though!

I thought the whole macho "I'm going to knock him out" thing was just him playing back up to the camera's to Garcia and his camp and I thought he would fight a smart fight, I definitely thought the video they showed of him sparring on Beyond the Ropes was put in there on purpose cos he was getting fucking nailed and Roach was off training Chavez Jnr  :-\ He will leave Roach now I reckon, Freddie has too much on his hands with Pacquiao and Chavez Jnr and Freddie is looking progressively worse (his corner work wasn't brilliant was it). I hope Khan is honest enough after the fight though and take it for what it is, that he was caught flush and not make all sorts of excuses about a long camp or start blaming Ruben Tabares etc

Haye was boss and did as I expected, Chisora is very very limited and it sort of puts the fight with Vitali into perspective. Haye said he isn't fighting again this year and Klitschko is set to fight Manuel Charr (who called Haye out politely at the post fight presser) before going into parliament so I will be surprised if that fight gets made and besides, Vitali will be two years on by then from when Chisora fought him so what would it really mean, much rather see a rematch with Wlad?

On a side note, besides Garcia Snr, is there anyone more annoying in boxing than Sam Watson and his two fucking Winky wanabee sons, camera hogging twats