Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4131418 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #62440 on: February 24, 2020, 09:23:22 am »
I still also think Fury has little KO power. Reminded me of when Ruiz hit Joshua in the sweet spot which got him dazed and made him do the chicken dance all night. Full credit to Fury though, went out there and got the job done with no doubts in anyone’s minds. Now can we all collectively bow our heads and pray that Saudi don’t get AJ v Fury.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #62441 on: February 24, 2020, 09:27:48 am »
All those "Fury has a weak punch" opinions seem to have dried up overnight  :D

He's not on the level of David Haye, Wilder or AJ for punching power.  I still think his punching power is fairly weak.

Think the tactics were spot on for Wilder but just because knocked him down a few times doesn't mean he's now a hell of a puncher.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62442 on: February 24, 2020, 09:33:25 am »
All those "Fury has a weak punch" opinions seem to have dried up overnight  :D

Not really mate he is a Heavyweight that came in the night at 20 stone so any punch could do damage and one did.

Might want to have a look at his record to see how many he KO'd.  ;D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #62443 on: February 24, 2020, 09:39:11 am »
I don't think he's overly powerful myself, but he is powerful. But Talksport is running a narrative about his power now  :D

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/673523/fury-incredible-punching-power-wilder-gomes-return/

I think he won because of tactics, determination and grit.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62444 on: February 24, 2020, 09:42:37 am »
Not really mate he is a Heavyweight that came in the night at 20 stone so any punch could do damage and one did.

Might want to have a look at his record to see how many he KO'd.  ;D

All those years of fighters being protected and building up huge unbeaten records has made everyone forget that all heavyweights can knock out all other heavyweights.

Fury has below average power for a heavyweight, but that's still enough to do the job in most cases.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62445 on: February 24, 2020, 09:42:53 am »
Even Hearn is saying Wilder has to take the Fury rematch and believes he will.

Can't believe kebab man aka Samie thinks otherwise

Hearn talking for about 20 mins and Whyte doesn't even get mentioned. Poor Whyte getting mugged off again.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 09:45:39 am by Fordy »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62446 on: February 24, 2020, 09:43:35 am »
Oh, and I meant Mike Tyson, not Fury  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #62447 on: February 24, 2020, 09:49:22 am »
He's got a busted ear drum and will need time to rest and recover. That 30 clause I suspect was put in on both sides in case either felt they got screwed over in the fight. In no way can Wilder claim he got screwed over here.  The man got schooled in their first fight and demolished in the second. :D

Just watching the press conference, and Wilders head coach Jay Deas was saying he didn’t want the towel throwing in but the other coach Mark Breland did it anyway so they’re not happy in the Wilder camp

No mention of a burst eardrum when they asked about injuries, they said he has a cut on the inside of his ear that needs stitches

They’ll take the rematch clause

No bust eardrum, they probably wished he did have one because he could use the equilibrium excuse to make the 3rd match a bit more palatable

One possible move is Wilder and Finkel letting AJ and Fury play out and renegotitate the clause to fight the winner of AJ and Fury for all the gold

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62448 on: February 24, 2020, 09:50:35 am »
AJ v Pulev June 20th at Spurs ground..

If no Fury v AJ

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62449 on: February 24, 2020, 09:54:09 am »
Even Hearn is saying Wilder has to take the Fury rematch and believes he will.

Can't believe kebab man aka Samie thinks otherwise

Hearn talking for about 20 mins and Whyte doesn't even get mentioned. Poor Whyte getting mugged off again.

Samie is thinking logically here. Samie and no one else who is sane think a third fight is called for not after the  result of the rematch and how he really won the first fight.  Now if it's all about the money sure go ahead and make the third but in evreyones eyes it's 2-0 Fury so it don't really matter.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62450 on: February 24, 2020, 10:07:38 am »
Samie is thinking logically here. Samie and no one else who is sane think a third fight is called for not after the  result of the rematch and how he really won the first fight.  Now if it's all about the money sure go ahead and make the third but in evreyones eyes it's 2-0 Fury so it don't really matter.

Hearn said for Wilder it's the quickest way to get his belt back or to try too anyway.

He will believe he can knock Fury out still.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62451 on: February 24, 2020, 10:10:26 am »
I don't think the third fight sells does it?

Much better for Wilder to find a couple more Jason Gaverns to knock out, build his confidence, maybe pick up a belt that drops off the winner of AJ and Fury, then come back and build a redemption story.  More money for him that way than taking 40% of a rematch no one is arsed about.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62452 on: February 24, 2020, 10:11:02 am »
And I believe I've got Scarlett Johansson tied to my bedpost.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62453 on: February 24, 2020, 10:17:20 am »

Much better for Wilder to find a couple more Jason Gaverns to knock out, build his confidence, maybe pick up a belt that drops off the winner of AJ and Fury, then come back and build a redemption story.  More money for him that way than taking 40% of a rematch no one is arsed about.
He needs to stop fighting taxi drivers and Polish plumbers. If he wants to build his name back up, a win against Whyte or Usyk will catapult him right back up there.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62454 on: February 24, 2020, 10:22:08 am »
He needs to stop fighting taxi drivers and Polish plumbers. If he wants to build his name back up, a win against Whyte or Usyk will catapult him right back up there.

Massively disrespectful of Jason Gavern there ;D

He's made a name for himself fighting at that level and a good living as well.  A couple of plumbers, play the rankings game, and he'll be a mandatory before long anyway.

If I was managing him, I wouldn't let him go within 500 yards of Whyte or Usyk.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62455 on: February 24, 2020, 10:24:05 am »
You have to take the Usyk fight early before he acclimatises to the Heavyweight division.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62456 on: February 24, 2020, 10:33:55 am »

Of course it sells mate, it did the biggest numbers for HW Boxing.

Wilder isn't going back to small time fights.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62457 on: February 24, 2020, 10:35:19 am »

Yeah because it was a 50/50 fight.  And the first fight was close.

Now it's a nothing fight.  No one wants to see it.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62458 on: February 24, 2020, 10:35:43 am »
Are you Wilders PR manager? For fuck sakes who you trying to convince?  ;D

Offline FTH

• Main Stander
« Reply #62459 on: February 24, 2020, 11:50:42 am »

Can't say I have much interest in watching fury punch his head in for 12 more rounds whilst wilder runs around hoping to land a bomb.

Very much enjoying Eddie Hearn having his world flipped in the last 12 months. AJ may hold more belts, but fury is the clear A side now. Let's just hope they can make the fight, and make it in the UK.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 11:53:52 am by FTH »

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62460 on: February 24, 2020, 12:42:08 pm »
Hey Fordy. Just a heads up, Amir ‘ petrified of Kell Brook’ Khan is appearing on Skysports news any minute now. Maybe you can run on set and demand he fights your boy.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62461 on: February 24, 2020, 02:26:38 pm »
Just got round to watching it. Lovely stuff from the big man. American Pie afterwards was too, he's great entertainment compared to that sterile instagram influencer Anthony Joshua. His physique too, like one of those old timey strongmen in leopard print leotards and oiled mustaches. Anyway, hope he gets AJ within a year and bangs him.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2020, 02:30:13 pm by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62462 on: February 24, 2020, 05:45:09 pm »
Can't say I have much interest in watching fury punch his head in for 12 more rounds whilst wilder runs around hoping to land a bomb.

Very much enjoying Eddie Hearn having his world flipped in the last 12 months. AJ may hold more belts, but fury is the clear A side now. Let's just hope they can make the fight, and make it in the UK.

I'd make Fury favourite against Joshua at this moment in time.

I do hope all the A side talk goes away its usually an American saying and is annoying.

As a boxing fan id say Fury is the man at the minute but Eddie knows how to tap into the casuals market which is why I think a 50/50 split is totally fair now.

What needs to happen is AJ v Fury in ENGLAND but will it happen & will it be in UAE ?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62463 on: February 24, 2020, 06:08:55 pm »
How far back to we have to go to find a HW that can realistically beat Saturdays Fury or was Wilder a bit of a fraud all along ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62464 on: February 24, 2020, 06:12:35 pm »
Prime Wlad or Vitali? So we're talking a decade at least and longer for Vitali.

Wilder had one name on his record that meant anything before Fury and that when he fought Stiverne in their first fight. Beating up tomato cans and a grandad in Ortiz twice who by the troubled him isn't any sort of CV.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62465 on: February 24, 2020, 06:38:17 pm »
How far back to we have to go to find a HW that can realistically beat Saturdays Fury or was Wilder a bit of a fraud all along ?

Wouldn't say Wilder was a fraud. Wilder does have the best right hand in boxing.

I just think Fury is the best boxer in HW. He will beat AJ in the same fashion but AJ is a better boxer than Wilder.

Fury coming in at 6ft 9 and 19.7 stone with boxing skills is extremely hard to beat.

Fury's team got their tactics spot on.

In my mind only Whyte can trouble Fury but doubt we will see that fight.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #62466 on: February 24, 2020, 06:51:31 pm »

Personally i think wilder has been massively overated, hes not a fraud...his right hand is real but he has been gassed to a ridiculous level by his reps who want to milk him, by the desperate american media, by casual fans who saw the shiney cv and bought the baddest man on the planet bullshit without any revision.

Fury was nearly beaten by chisora and big fat john mcdermott but that was a long time ago. I think hes beatable...i personally think aj gives him trouble and see that fight as 50/50 depending on the weight of both guys...both can fight going forward and back , both can move laterally...joshua hits harder and has quicker big shots but fury has the skillset advantage and will be heavier...all in all i think its an interesting fight.

I said to friend a couple of years ago that fury would beat wlder , that wilder would beat joshua and that joshua beats fury...I still believe so.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62467 on: February 24, 2020, 06:56:53 pm »
Wilder was hyped because he was the best American Heavyweight for over 20 years. But he's nowhere near Tyson/Holyfield and even Bowe would beat his arse.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62468 on: February 24, 2020, 09:50:13 pm »
Well it looks like we won't be getting Joshua v Fury this year

------------------------

Lance Pugmire
@pugboxing shortly: Deontay Wilder
@BronzeBomber tells me he is definitely exercising his rematch clause for a summer trilogy against @Tyson_Fury, that his legs were weakened by his 45-pound costume he wore to the ring to honor Black History Month.

Also told by
@BronzeBomber
 that he is re-evaluating retaining asst. trainer Mark Breland, because his team knew "I'd rather die in the ring than have the towel thrown in. I'm a warrior." Full story coming to
@TheAthleticBOX shortly.

Wilder also has harsh words for referee Kenny Bayless, alleging Bayless declined to effectively confront Fury over a slew of punches to the back of Wilder's head and neck after telling Wilder he would disqualify him if he did the same in pre-fight dressing room.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62469 on: February 24, 2020, 09:54:35 pm »
 :o  ;D

What a fuckin' excuse.

Offline Diomedieocre

• Well-dressed meat 'n veg.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow me, fuckface.
« Reply #62470 on: February 24, 2020, 10:34:43 pm »
Have just been reading that the wilder fanboys have started a petition to get mark breland (wilders trainer) the sack for throwing in the towel... 😂😂😂😂  fucking morons.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62471 on: February 24, 2020, 10:38:37 pm »
Well it looks like we won't be getting Joshua v Fury this year

------------------------

Lance Pugmire
@pugboxing shortly: Deontay Wilder
@BronzeBomber tells me he is definitely exercising his rematch clause for a summer trilogy against @Tyson_Fury, that his legs were weakened by his 45-pound costume he wore to the ring to honor Black History Month.

Also told by
@BronzeBomber
 that he is re-evaluating retaining asst. trainer Mark Breland, because his team knew "I'd rather die in the ring than have the towel thrown in. I'm a warrior." Full story coming to
@TheAthleticBOX shortly.

Wilder also has harsh words for referee Kenny Bayless, alleging Bayless declined to effectively confront Fury over a slew of punches to the back of Wilder's head and neck after telling Wilder he would disqualify him if he did the same in pre-fight dressing room.
Fucking hell. He's been beat twice and once to a guy who had just lost 12 stone and hadn't fought for 3 years. Do one you dosser.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62472 on: February 24, 2020, 10:54:23 pm »
Fucking hell that's worse than David Haye's toe ;D

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62473 on: February 24, 2020, 11:27:43 pm »

We don’t have to go back at all, Joshua beats him currently.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62474 on: February 24, 2020, 11:31:26 pm »
Mate big AJ fan but he really doesn't if all things are equal.   ;D

It's a Heavyweight fight so anything can happen though.  But he's a better boxer than Wilder for sure.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62475 on: February 24, 2020, 11:31:42 pm »
Fury will love a rematch easy night's work and a good pay day lol  ;D

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #62476 on: February 24, 2020, 11:39:40 pm »
Maybe don't wear a costume that weighs 45 pounds to the ring, you fucking imbecile! :wanker

Most of us knew that Wilder was a terrible boxer with massive power. Fury cleverly neutralised it, so it was an easy night's work. I think Fury is a complete arse with some questionable beliefs and opinions, but his ring IQ cannot be questioned. I make him favourite against Joshua, but it isn't a foregone conclusion because AJ can box unlike Wilder who is utterly dreadful, and would be a Jason Gavern level fighter if he had mediocre power. However, in boxing, especially HW boxing where you fight lots of out of shape guys, punch power can take you long, long way.

As for the question on how far back to beat Fury, I think prime Vitali beats him, possibly prime Wlad, and definitely Lennox Lewis.

Offline jizzspunk

• Cumming soon. Or going. Depends how 'real' it gets. #livinginrealism
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62477 on: February 25, 2020, 01:09:39 am »
still feel AJ more likely to fulfil a mandatory next imo..I wouldn't mind in one sense seeing the Trilogy...just to see how Wilder approaches the next one..he was so bad on Saturday..he was like a dumbed down Trevor Berbick for 6 rounds..

AJ needs to get fighting and the gap between Povetkin and Ruiz in the Garden proved way too long...

The AJ v Fury style of fight has probably gone full circle in 12 months...we would have had AJ as the probable aggressor with Fury working the jab...there's a whiff that AJ may stick with the Ruiz 2 model and Fury coming forward....I think I prefer the latter as a view 👀

according to 24/7 I will be scrambling round for tickets on the exchange all season #STH #19awayclub

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #62478 on: February 25, 2020, 07:41:21 am »
Wilder and his excuses  ;D

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/feb/25/boxing-deontay-wilder-blames-ring-walk-outfit-knockout-loss-tyson-fury

He didn’t hurt me at all, but the simple fact is my uniform was way too heavy for me,” Wilder told Yahoo Sports. “I didn’t have no legs from the beginning of the fight. In the third round, my legs were just shot all the way through. But I’m a warrior and people know that I’m a warrior.”

“A lot of people were telling me: ‘it looked like something was wrong with you.’ Something was, but when you’re in the ring you have to bluff a lot of things. I tried my best to do so. I knew I didn’t have the legs because of my uniform,” Wilder said.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62479 on: February 25, 2020, 07:58:19 am »

Jesus, lets not get too carried away ;D

As Clayton said, he's 2-0-1 in world title fights, and one of those ended with a drugs ban.