Author Topic: FA cup tickets stolen.  (Read 104676 times)

Offline edinburghred

• Anny Roader
Re: FA cup tickets stolen.
« Reply #120 on: May 8, 2006, 10:07:46 am »
nope, i havent. Ours must have been stolen. Wonder what the club will do now

theyve come out and said that the stolen tickets have been cancelled, but never actually said whats going to happen to the unfortunate ones who have had them stolen, mabye try and give the ticket  office a call.

Offline AdamBrunt

• Dominated By His TV Missus
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: May 8, 2006, 10:18:30 am »
In reality, the entitled ticket holder probably has to share a seat.

Why ??

The Millenium Stadium has to issue duplicates (probably to people going to the ticket office on the day) - after all, we're talking about people who have paid up to £90 for a ticket and god knows how much on hotel accomodation.

The duplicate tickets have DUPLICATE stamped all over them.

So you now have potentially two people inside the ground for each seat relating to a stolen ticket. The person who gets the seat is the person with DUPLICATE stamped on their ticket, the other person is ejected from the ground (and according to the club, possibly atrested).

Simple.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 8, 2006, 10:20:47 am »
From a very bitter experience eg 1996 FA Cup Final This is What Will happen.

You will get into the stadium but they have a list of all the stolen seats and as you  try and make your way to your seat they will then eject you from the stadium.

Your only hope is when you are in is to try and get someone else's ticket when you want to make your way to your seat so that you will end up sharing.

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 8, 2006, 10:29:57 am »
From a very bitter experience eg 1996 FA Cup Final This is What Will happen.

You will get into the stadium but they have a list of all the stolen seats and as you  try and make your way to your seat they will then eject you from the stadium.

Your only hope is when you are in is to try and get someone else's ticket when you want to make your way to your seat so that you will end up sharing.

Is that the experience of someone who was in possession of a stolen ticket ? Or the person who legitimately should have been allowed in ??

Offline Dave34

• Main Stander
  • A Salisbury Drinker , main stand ST holder
« Reply #124 on: May 8, 2006, 11:19:40 am »
allegedly 1600 tickets stolen i ordered mine on wednesday spoke to the ticket office manager this morning she informed me that my tickets were not the stolen ones and  should be with me no later than wednesday , if they are not here by then i am to ring back and she will deal with it ,plus they are waiting for bryce morrison (club Sec) to sort out the other tickets probably duplicates .
I am Back . i am now putting my papers away and i  rest my case your honour .

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #125 on: May 8, 2006, 11:20:47 am »
Adam and Tommy.   Two mates of ours bought from a tout in Cardiff what turned out to be stolen tickets.  They had been robbed from a Travelodge or similar the night before.  They were happily in their seats when the real ticket holders turned up with duplicate tickets (having rung Cardiff that morning and got them from the ticket office there).

They were not ejected or treated harshly - the steward was great - and were found seats in another part of the stadium.  Thing is, Cardiff never sell every seat.  There are always some left vacant for emergencies.  How many there are I've no idea, but that definately is the case.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #126 on: May 8, 2006, 11:27:28 am »
allegedly 1600 tickets stolen i ordered mine on wednesday spoke to the ticket office manager this morning she informed me that my tickets were not the stolen ones and  should be with me no later than wednesday , if they are not here by then i am to ring back and she will deal with it ,plus they are waiting for bryce morrison (club Sec) to sort out the other tickets probably duplicates .

I ordered mine on Wednesday too and this is the closest to an update I've had and best news I've heard

I may leave the panic button alone for a bit now
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 8, 2006, 11:29:47 am »

Tickets ordered on Wednesday and delivered via Registered post - which is next business day IIRC - and the TO is advising you to wait for another 2 days before worrying ???

Offline killer1971

• Kemlynite
« Reply #128 on: May 8, 2006, 11:30:17 am »
I ordered mine on Wednesday too and this is the closest to an update I've had and best news I've heard

I may leave the panic button alone for a bit now
Me too. The puzzling thing is that they say the tickets will be delivered no later than Wednesday, so therefore the tickets couldn't have been dispatched yet.

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #129 on: May 8, 2006, 11:32:15 am »
Me too. The puzzling thing is that they say the tickets will be delivered no later than Wednesday, so therefore the tickets couldn't have been dispatched yet.

I'm confused that everybody who bought a ticket on Wedneday hasn't received anything - this must be some proper special delivery

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 8, 2006, 11:45:28 am »
well my uncle called up the TO because we had heard nothing having bought them on wednesday to be told the 1600 aren't going to be replaced, nor is the money. perhaps something has been lost in the text messages, but they weren't stolen from us, they were never in our possession. the official website guaranteed our ST's a ticket, and i haven't heard of anyone else having the problem. whats been everyone elses experience. one things for sure that c*nt who done the van in could have just cost me a cup final, despite having the loyalty! don't know what we should do. it sounds to me like the woman who answered was a bitch. fuck knows what we are going to do
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 11:56:54 am by classycarra »

Offline GingerRed

• Legacy Fan
  • 'There's no Mancs in 'ere lads!'
« Reply #131 on: May 8, 2006, 11:47:20 am »
Still haven't received mine either...very strange...

God I love the TO
Da Dang

Offline Wilf Hunter

• Lives in a huff camper van
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Skrtel's Head
« Reply #132 on: May 8, 2006, 11:52:15 am »
 :butt

Can't get through to the ticket office. Not got my ticket yet!
There's only one 'F' in Rafa.

Offline Philipm20

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #133 on: May 8, 2006, 11:59:13 am »
Still haven't received mine either...very strange...

Me neither, postie been and gone this morning.

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #134 on: May 8, 2006, 12:02:36 pm »
well my uncle called up the TO because we had heard nothing having bought them on wednesday to be told the 1600 aren't going to be replaced, nor is the money. perhaps something has been lost in the text messages, but they weren't stolen from us, they were never in our possession. the official website guaranteed our ST's a ticket, and i haven't heard of anyone else having the problem. whats been everyone elses experience. one things for sure that c*nt who done the van in could have just cost me a cup final, despite having the loyalty! don't know what we should do. it sounds to me like the woman who answered was a bitch. fuck knows what we are going to do

If they don't give me my ticket ot atleast my money back I'll take them to court

Correct me if I'm wrong but special delivery garantees items upto £2500 so if it was stolen from the van I guess Royal Mail will pay

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 8, 2006, 12:03:33 pm »
Is that the experience of someone who was in possession of a stolen ticket ? Or the person who legitimately should have been allowed in ??

Stolen ticket to the tune of £450!!!

Offline Joshytoohotty

• Potty Mouth
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 8, 2006, 12:06:12 pm »

That is fucking disgusting if true.

I accept it may be the Millenium's fault for not issueing duplicates but the TO should fuck the ballot off and sort the people who've had their tickets robbed.

Then again I dunno if 1,600 tickets could be replaced by the ballot allocation, infact I doubt it.

To be honest though, I doubt that this is anything to worry about, they may say the tickets won't be replaced but the pressure put on the Millenium will be ridiculous and they'll probably end up getting sorted eventually.
They only drink water and bottles of coke, the Everton boys are a joke...

Offline edinburghred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #137 on: May 8, 2006, 12:13:27 pm »
I think its absolutely disgraceful that the club havent issued a statement to let fans know who are waiting for tickets if they are actually going to get a duplicate or not, complete shambles!!!!

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 8, 2006, 12:18:00 pm »
i'm hoping this is just because some women at the to took it upon herself to sell misery because like stretch armstrong said, they are insured, also we never signed so they weren't stolen from us. this can't end up as bad as they are threatening. only way i can know is if other people are told the same.

thing is this could end up with thwe buck being passed so much that both the fa and the to say they can't/dont have time to print duplicates.if this is the case then they surely have to be able to reprint at millenium, but i dont expect that will be easy or even possible. why could the twats have just let us know ours were stolen on the day, so we could go about sorting this out
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 12:20:44 pm by classycarra »

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #139 on: May 8, 2006, 12:19:06 pm »
I talked to TO and was comfirmed that my tickets were not in the robbery
however due to the backlog of the stolen tickets there is still post waiting to go out and this
delay is due to the stolen tickets.

I told here my tickets have to travel a long way and need them out as soon as pos. like what if I don't get them in time she said well nothing they can do. I spent money on getting Special delivery I told her this and she asked me does that work in Ire. OMG all this shit because no duplicates are being issued.

Can I confirm with any Rep Of Ireland fans do we recognise special recorded delivery from UK?

I suppose my worst case scenario is to organsie them to be picked up for me from the TO

anyway cannot see them doing the ballot until this is sorted....
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #140 on: May 8, 2006, 12:20:12 pm »
I think its absolutely disgraceful that the club havent issued a statement to let fans know who are waiting for tickets if they are actually going to get a duplicate or not, complete shambles!!!!

I've got train tickets booked, hotel booked and I thought I had a ticket too

Now this weekend is going to cost the best part of £500 and all this doubt is ruining it already - hopefully the club will announce their intentions and this will result in the 1600 getting their tickets

If I bought anything for £70+ from a shop and it went missing they'd atleast tell me what i should do next and the likely outcome

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 8, 2006, 12:22:36 pm »
I've got train tickets booked, hotel booked and I thought I had a ticket too

Now this weekend is going to cost the best part of £500 and all this doubt is ruining it already - hopefully the club will announce their intentions and this will result in the 1600 getting their tickets

If I bought anything for £70+ from a shop and it went missing they'd atleast tell me what i should do next and the likely outcome

are you one of the 1600?

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #142 on: May 8, 2006, 12:22:56 pm »
i'm hoping this is just because some women at the to took it upon herself to sell misery because like stretch armstrong said, they are insured, also we never signed so they weren't stolen from us. this can't end up as bad as they are threatening. only way i can know is if other people are told the same.

thing is this could end up with thwe buck being passed so much that both the fa and the to say they can't/dont have time to print duplicates.if this is the case then they surely have to be able to reprint at millenium, but i dont expect that will be easy or even possible. why could the twats have just let us know ours were stolen on the day, so we could go about sorting this out

My guess is the women at the TO is pee'd off with everybody asking the same question or if they are successful in the ballot

At the end of the day - if we don't get our tickets Royal Mail will have to compensate

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #143 on: May 8, 2006, 12:24:41 pm »
are you one of the 1600?

Note sure yet - the ticket office couldn't tell me either way this morning

They've told other people theirs haven't been stolen, so I assume by not giving me a straight answer its likely they have been taken

Offline niallo27

• I like iceburgers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: May 8, 2006, 12:25:22 pm »
I talked to TO and was comfirmed that my tickets were not in the robbery
however due to the backlog of the stolen tickets there is still post waiting to go out and this
delay is due to the stolen tickets.

I told here my tickets have to travel a long way and need them out as soon as pos. like what if I don't get them in time she said well nothing they can do. I spent money on getting Special delivery I told her this and she asked me does that work in Ire. OMG all this shit because no duplicates are being issued.

Can I confirm with any Rep Of Ireland fans do we recognise special recorded delivery from UK?

I suppose my worst case scenario is to organsie them to be picked up for me from the TO

anyway cannot see them doing the ballot until this is sorted....

Well when i got a few european aways by special delivery they had to be signed for on delivery, so we do recognise special delivery, its a lot slower imo though, when did you order your tickets, did she give ya a tracking number

Offline liamo3

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • MacKenzie you LIAR!!!!!
« Reply #145 on: May 8, 2006, 12:26:59 pm »
Well when i got a few european aways by special delivery they had to be signed for on delivery, so we do recognise special delivery, its a lot slower imo though, when did you order your tickets, did she give ya a tracking number

Last Thur. no did not get a tracking number did you get your tickets Niall?
I told you about the tractor doing the pillar box 2001 and all the tickets had off, now they hitting the vans, what next, guns in the T O window.

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #146 on: May 8, 2006, 12:29:23 pm »
 :boring :boring :boring

The powers that be at the TO might, just might be trying to resolve the problem!!! Anybody thought of that?

This will take time, so get off there backs for a while.  As far as I can see nobody on here is affected with a confirmed stolen ticket so who cares for now.  As for saying its ruining your weekend already due to stress.  Are you for real? this will not even enter your mind on saturday, especially when you walk into the ground.

Just give them a chance to sort it.  It has been 4 working hours since "the problem" arose.
« Last Edit: May 8, 2006, 12:38:29 pm by bez »
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: May 8, 2006, 12:32:29 pm »

The powers that be at the TO mightm, just might be trying to resolve the problem!!! Anybody thought of that?

This will take time, so get off there backs for a while.  As far as I can see nobody on here is affected with a confirmed stolen ticket so who cares for now.  As for saying its ruining your weekend already due to stress.  Are you for real? this will not even enter your mind on saturday, especially when you walk into the ground.

Just give them a chance to sort it.  It has been 4 working hours since "the problem" arose.

Whilst most of what you say is true ... it has been a lot more than 4 working hours - they found out on Friday morning and were in over the weekend trying to find out which tickets were nicked.

Offline niallo27

• I like iceburgers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: May 8, 2006, 12:33:09 pm »
Last Thur. no did not get a tracking number did you get your tickets Niall?

No i ordered on wednesday evening and no sign yet although the post hasnt arrivied yet.

Offline jonnashiel

• Kemlynite
« Reply #149 on: May 8, 2006, 12:34:50 pm »
I just spoke to TO - ordered my tickets online on Wednesday - she told me mine wern't stolen and that the online sales were only processed over the weekend so should turn up tuesday or wednesday

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #150 on: May 8, 2006, 12:36:31 pm »
I just spoke to TO - ordered my tickets online on Wednesday - she told me mine wern't stolen and that the online sales were only processed over the weekend so should turn up tuesday or wednesday

So who were the stolen tickets for - the plot thickens :)

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 8, 2006, 12:37:46 pm »

That's eased my nerves somewhat ...

Ordered mine online after office hours on Wednesday so my mind was going overtime ("ordered Wed night ... they would have seen it Thursday, posted it sometime on Thursday ... just in time to be nicked on Friday" !!!)

Offline mark_lfc_forever

• Lost his Poostation now has an iPoone
  • Legacy Fan
    • ebay.co.uk
« Reply #152 on: May 8, 2006, 12:38:03 pm »
they should put somethin up on liverpoolfc.tv to let us know whats happening instead of everyone ringing them it must be pissing them off aswel as us worrying to
XBOX 360 GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

PSN GAMERTAG,HALSALL LFC

Offline AdamBrunt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 8, 2006, 12:41:02 pm »
So who were the stolen tickets for - the plot thickens :)

Well if it's not online sales (though surely, they didn't do ALL the online sales over the weekend just gone ??), then that just leaves - I would imagine - people who phoned on Wed/Thursday and postal applications opened on Wed/Thurs.

Offline edinburghred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: May 8, 2006, 12:42:09 pm »

complete contradiction to what the TO told me, mine was apparently processed on Thursday, and were staggering the distribution Friday and over the weekend

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #155 on: May 8, 2006, 12:46:54 pm »
complete contradiction to what the TO told me, mine was apparently processed on Thursday, and were staggering the distribution Friday and over the weekend

I think the TO are not prepared to let us know the truth until they have sorted most of it out - why tickets haven't been delivered yet or who's ticket has been stolen or not will just be something we find out when they are good and ready - it not just our TO involved - Millenium, The FA and police will all have their say too which will add to the delay

Offline niallo27

• I like iceburgers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: May 8, 2006, 01:23:34 pm »

The powers that be at the TO might, just might be trying to resolve the problem!!! Anybody thought of that?

For us over in ireland its a bit dodgy though, im not one to panic myself but if tickets havent being sent out yet, its takes a while to get them over here, remember that benfica ticket, post is a joke over here

Offline ceecee

• Kemlynite
  • Well ahh say BWOY, I aint no CHICKEN!
« Reply #157 on: May 8, 2006, 01:27:18 pm »
Just had call from TO saying my tickets were in the stolen lot  :( but they are just waiting to hear from FA about arrangements for replacements. She said there will be no problem and I would DEFFO be getting tickets. :D
Only one man in a thousand is a leader of men -- the other 999 follow women.

Offline niallo27

• I like iceburgers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 8, 2006, 01:28:56 pm »
Just had call from TO saying my tickets were in the stolen lot  :( but they are just waiting to hear from FA about arrangements for replacements. She said there will be no problem and I would DEFFO be getting tickets. :D

Ah thats good to hear

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 8, 2006, 01:34:41 pm »
i think we just phoned at a bad time, ie before they contacted the fa, and new the new plans.

hopefully anyway