Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1339402 times)

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Re: VAR! Huh! What is it good for? Bit shit innit?
« Reply #11040 on: March 1, 2021, 08:50:40 am »
Becoming a bit like ref watch...but John Moss was ok last night?

I was very pleased that Mason was not in the VAR cupboard though, I have to admit I thought Trent’s cross was over the line when I saw it live.

Mason was going to be fourth official last night.

On the ball going out, did they actually check? I mean united scored a goal earlier in the season where the ball "bent" out of play and I remember saying they can't check for that

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #11041 on: March 1, 2021, 08:57:14 am »
Becoming a bit like ref watch...but John Moss was ok last night?

I was very pleased that Mason was not in the VAR cupboard though, I have to admit I thought Trent’s cross was over the line when I saw it live.

Where i'd be fair to Moss is he's having to deal with gamesmanship all the time. Sheffield United were going to ground at every opportunity and faking head injuries every time we won the ball off them. But this is a situation these officials have created by not letting games flow and everything being a penalty.

It's a clear tactic used against us now. Whenever we win the ball (and the counter press is key to our play) do whatever you can to win a free kick. Any analyst for the opposition will note that refs keep buying it. Added to the fact we're vulnerable defending set plays in our own half.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11042 on: March 1, 2021, 09:08:11 am »
Mason was going to be fourth official last night.

On the ball going out, did they actually check? I mean united scored a goal earlier in the season where the ball "bent" out of play and I remember saying they can't check for that

I think that’s because it went over the touchline and cameras aren’t set up for that (even though laws of physics suggested it had to have been out of play). They do have cameras on the bye line so it’s much easier to check ones like last night.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #11043 on: March 1, 2021, 09:12:40 am »
I actually watched the game last night. It’s amazing to me that Salah has only ‘won’ 12 fouls all season. He almost got one last night but Moss (rightly) played it on. Part of it , I think, is his style of play. He doesn’t really challenge for it in the air like Mane, but he tries to hold onto it on the ground away from opponents. Yet he’s still grabbed around the shoulders all & grappled with impunity. Add to the media’s xenophobic agenda that he’s a diver (who somehow never gets fouls)...he never gets fouls.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #11044 on: March 1, 2021, 09:14:14 am »
I think that’s because it went over the touchline and cameras aren’t set up for that (even though laws of physics suggested it had to have been out of play). They do have cameras on the bye line so it’s much easier to check ones like last night.

Ah right..makes sense even if it's seems inherently "unfair"

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11045 on: March 1, 2021, 09:18:57 am »
If any further evidence was needed to stop being so forensic with offsides then last night was it. From two cameras, which appeared to be the same ones that would be used for offsides, the ball looked out but then the higher quality images showed it was miles in.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #11046 on: March 1, 2021, 09:55:18 pm »
Saw this from the Australian football League on my Tw@tter TL - apart from the funny voices I found it quite interesting...

Particularly the passage of play allowing the goal circa the1:13 mark

All very 'Rugbyesque'.

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/1366352359295713282
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Fazak_Red

• Seems to think everything is shite, not including his own one-liners though, of course not......
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #11047 on: March 1, 2021, 11:10:06 pm »
Saw this from the Australian football League on my Tw@tter TL - apart from the funny voices I found it quite interesting...

Particularly the passage of play allowing the goal circa the1:13 mark

All very 'Rugbyesque'.

https://twitter.com/FootyAccums/status/1366352359295713282

Thankfully due to the risk of bad language, this shite will never come into footy.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11048 on: March 1, 2021, 11:36:46 pm »
Thankfully due to the risk of bad language, this shite will never come into footy.

Strange view,I'm all for us being able to hear both sides of the conversation,in fact it's essential considering how fucking bent our refs are,they're getting away with blue murder and it shouldn't be allowed to stand.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #11049 on: March 2, 2021, 12:23:40 am »

Strange view,I'm all for us being able to hear both sides of the conversation,in fact it's essential considering how fucking bent our refs are,they're getting away with blue murder and it shouldn't be allowed to stand.
Yeah if we've got to have them fucking round for 2-3 minutes let's at least hear how they come to the conclusions.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11050 on: March 2, 2021, 12:43:22 am »
Yeah if we've got to have them fucking round for 2-3 minutes let's at least hear how they come to the conclusions.

And if language triggers a few people then enforce the rules and book and then send off those that are effing & jeffing,a few reds and there would be none,it's certainly not a legit excuse for not making them mic up.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11051 on: March 2, 2021, 10:10:36 am »

What is wrong with it? We don't need all the conversations to be broadcast live as they are happening, preferably the VAR conversations would be , but as long as everything the ref says is recorded then what's the problem?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11052 on: March 2, 2021, 10:16:29 am »

And if language triggers a few people then enforce the rules and book and then send off those that are effing & jeffing,a few reds and there would be none,it's certainly not a legit excuse for not making them mic up.

The referee's swear as much as the players do...

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11053 on: March 2, 2021, 10:20:05 am »
What came of Luke Shaw alleging that the ref told Slabhead he couldn't give a penalty as it would be too controversial? Surely if the ref has said it then he should be binned as a professional referee. If he didn't say it then Shaw should face a long ban.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11054 on: March 2, 2021, 10:23:31 am »
Language would soon clean up when players image rights are reduced to zero because in fact none of them are actual role models but sweary simpletons who know no better.

I think I saw something on SSN saying that Riley wouldn't look at mic'ing up the refs for at least 7 years because eof the logistics of doing it??  I mean you could do it tomorrow if you really wanted, i'm sure the rugby fellas could give you some guidelines and starting points

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11055 on: March 2, 2021, 10:24:33 am »
What came of Luke Shaw alleging that the ref told Slabhead he couldn't give a penalty as it would be too controversial? Surely if the ref has said it then he should be binned as a professional referee. If he didn't say it then Shaw should face a long ban.

Shaw rescinded the comment so no action being taken, forget the fact it is now out there and he did say it.  Thats all they wanted.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11056 on: March 2, 2021, 10:45:02 am »
Language would soon clean up when players image rights are reduced to zero because in fact none of them are actual role models but sweary simpletons who know no better.

I think I saw something on SSN saying that Riley wouldn't look at mic'ing up the refs for at least 7 years because eof the logistics of doing it??  I mean you could do it tomorrow if you really wanted, i'm sure the rugby fellas could give you some guidelines and starting points
Joke. It's not as if the technology isn't there.
I'd love to commission a report from Rugby refs looking at issues with football refereeing and suggested improvements.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11057 on: March 2, 2021, 10:51:02 am »
faking head injuries every time we won the ball off them.

Yeah clocked this in our game at the time.

Now why is t retrospective action being taken? It was clear the was no contact with his head and he faked it.

A few retrospective bans for that shite and players will stop doing it.

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11058 on: March 2, 2021, 10:54:54 am »

Does this mean we have another 7 years of shite reffing under Riley's leadership and it will only be done when he leaves?

They already provide a feed to broadcasters don't they of communication between refs and Stockley Park, just allow a broadcaster to show what the operators are looking at and the communication between them. It would help everyone understand the thought process and increase transparency

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11059 on: March 2, 2021, 10:56:24 am »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11060 on: March 2, 2021, 11:29:07 am »

Not sure why you think swearing at referees would hurt player's image rights.  If VVD calls David Coote a c*nt live on air, I will personally build a statue of him.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #11061 on: March 2, 2021, 11:42:09 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyEC_mA1NCY

Still crazy looking back.

You can even see him put the whistle in his mouth in the video.

Then he gets 'injured' and can't be fourth official for our game  ;D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11062 on: March 2, 2021, 12:14:38 pm »
Does this mean we have another 7 years of shite reffing under Riley's leadership and it will only be done when he leaves?
Perhaps that's when Riley is planning to retire

They already provide a feed to broadcasters don't they of communication between refs and Stockley Park,
Do they? I know they sometimes have a bit more info than us as to whether checks are being done or when complete etc, but I don't know if they can actually hear the conversation between ref and VAR.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #11063 on: March 2, 2021, 12:49:57 pm »
Do they? I know they sometimes have a bit more info than us as to whether checks are being done or when complete etc, but I don't know if they can actually hear the conversation between ref and VAR.

I'm pretty sure they don't.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11064 on: March 2, 2021, 03:17:03 pm »
I'm pretty sure they don't.

They def get some more info, as heard comms numerous times now say something or other is being checked, or that VAR have completed this check, as play goes on.

I don’t think they get the audio though.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11065 on: March 2, 2021, 03:33:35 pm »
Annoys me that they've said he isn't officiating next game due to a 'calf injury'. He 100% does not have a calf injury. Lying about injuries to protect referees when they're dropped just adds to the belief that they're overprotected and immune from criticism. If they dropped him due to poor performance then they might get a bit of respect.

Referees shouldn't be regulated by their mates.

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11066 on: March 2, 2021, 03:54:38 pm »
Annoys me that they've said he isn't officiating next game due to a 'calf injury'. He 100% does not have a calf injury. Lying about injuries to protect referees when they're dropped just adds to the belief that they're overprotected and immune from criticism. If they dropped him due to poor performance then they might get a bit of respect.

Just shows how spineless they are that they can't be seen to be dropped but have an "injury".

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11067 on: March 2, 2021, 04:12:02 pm »

Problem is, they haven’t dropped him due to poor performances - they’ve dropped him because the media called out his mistake. Guarantee they’ve told him behind closed doors that he’ll be brought back when it all dies down.
« Last Edit: March 2, 2021, 04:14:30 pm by LovelyCushionedHeader »
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #11068 on: March 2, 2021, 04:35:36 pm »
They def get some more info, as heard comms numerous times now say something or other is being checked, or that VAR have completed this check, as play goes on.

I don’t think they get the audio though.

Yeh I have always presumed that the commentators can tell what footage the VAR officials are looking at in real time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11069 on: March 2, 2021, 06:30:44 pm »
You can even see him put the whistle in his mouth in the video.

Then he gets 'injured' and can't be fourth official for our game  ;D

First time I've seen this. Was the fat fuck panting so much he blew the whistle by accident?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11070 on: March 2, 2021, 06:34:18 pm »
First time I've seen this. Was the fat fuck panting so much he blew the whistle by accident?

No,they asked if they could take it quick,he said yes,blew his whistle and then blew it again,should never have been ruled out & he shouldn't get anywhere near a football pitch again & I'm including 5 a side in that.

Online BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11071 on: March 2, 2021, 06:54:37 pm »

Riley will be waiting until the Respect campaign has fully matured.  Ah...
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11072 on: March 2, 2021, 07:23:51 pm »
Yeh I have always presumed that the commentators can tell what footage the VAR officials are looking at in real time.
Not always, I don't think. Sometimes the commentators say that haven't got a clue whats going on or whether there's a check going on or not. I've seen that happen once or twice (and bear in mind I don't watch many games). Other times they say they can see that a check is in progress, but I don't know whether they can see any footage other than that which is made available for the viewers to see (then it's up to the director whether he broadcasts it). Nor do I think they are privy to ref/VAR conversation.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11073 on: March 2, 2021, 07:48:34 pm »
No,they asked if they could take it quick,he said yes,blew his whistle and then blew it again,should never have been ruled out & he shouldn't get anywhere near a football pitch again & I'm including 5 a side in that.

So it's up to the ref to decide whether he wants to shaft you or not, because I didn't see much clamour from anyone else when Brighton took an early fk when Adrian wasnt ready

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11074 on: March 3, 2021, 04:19:53 pm »

What did he blow for the second time then? With him blowing, I wondered did the fat fuck have his whistle in his mouth and blow accidentally then blew again because of this, but if Brighton asked and he said yes then he's just the incompetent twat we all knew he was. Its mad that he blew then gave the goal, then had to be told by VAR that the ball hadn't crossed the line so had to be disallowed.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #11075 on: March 3, 2021, 04:28:42 pm »
What did he blow for the second time then? With him blowing, I wondered did the fat fuck have his whistle in his mouth and blow accidentally then blew again because of this, but if Brighton asked and he said yes then he's just the incompetent twat we all knew he was. Its mad that he blew then gave the goal, then had to be told by VAR that the ball hadn't crossed the line so had to be disallowed.

The line is, when he blew the first whistle he didn't realise the West Brom Goalie wasn't set. So he blew the second whistle to stop play.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #11076 on: March 3, 2021, 04:45:00 pm »
The line is, when he blew the first whistle he didn't realise the West Brom Goalie wasn't set. So he blew the second whistle to stop play.

A bit like Atkinson did last season for us when Brighton scored!!

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11077 on: March 3, 2021, 04:53:51 pm »

The player can ask the ref if he wants to take a free kick quickly or wait until everything is set up, i'm not sure what went on in the West Brom match[ i never watched it] but if the ref agreed the free kick can be taken quickly, then the ref couldn't disallow the goal.

We need the ref's mic'ed up like they have in Rugby, so we know what they're discussing to what they're looking at, they can delay broadcast for a a few seconds if they fear foul language, then bleep the foul language
#Sausages

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11078 on: March 3, 2021, 04:56:00 pm »
When you’ve got FIFA coming out and saying they are extremely happy with VAR then you can see why it’s not gonna change for the better... despite fans and players all seeing changes need to happen.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #11079 on: March 3, 2021, 05:04:49 pm »
The player can ask the ref if he wants to take a free kick quickly or wait until everything is set up, i'm not sure what went on in the West Brom match[ i never watched it] but if the ref agreed the free kick can be taken quickly, then the ref couldn't disallow the goal.

We need the ref's mic'ed up like they have in Rugby, so we know what they're discussing to what they're looking at, they can delay broadcast for a a few seconds if they fear foul language, then bleep the foul language

He can if he blows again which he did before the ball crossed the line. Play is stopped then and so technically the goal is not disallowed. It just never happened.