Author Topic: VAR! Video Assistant Referee & Shite Referees in General  (Read 1339399 times)

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Re: VAR! Huh! What is it good for? Bit shit innit?
« Reply #10760 on: February 20, 2021, 07:45:20 pm »
.....not to mention booking Mane for dissent. You see the mancs and everyone confronting the ref every week but when Mane has a go the manc ref got all sensitive

The very end of the game they got a free kick for offside. They placed the ball on the half way line, and then threw it into our half to take it. Neither Kavanagh or his assistants were arsed about it. That’s  how good they were. Incompetent?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10761 on: February 20, 2021, 07:45:30 pm »
Didnt the exact same thing happen in our game with Newcastle? Mane fell over the back of the keeper (more dragged down but we'll give him the benefit of the doubt) yet the VAR decided it was fair enough?

Yeah, was just thinking that

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10762 on: February 20, 2021, 07:48:02 pm »
I would have said so, but remember how many fouls Gomez was allowed to get away with when he'd been given a yellow card? He had ample opportunity to give him a second yellow yet seemed strangely reluctant to do so. There was also a clear hand on Salah as well which was allowed to go unpunished.
That’s because upending or impeding Salah is fair game. Lost count of how many times Carra said he dived when being hacked or grabbed but said cock all when his beloved boyhood blues went writhing around or screaming before they were touched.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10763 on: February 20, 2021, 07:48:06 pm »
He will watch it later on and go "ah, you know what I was wrong there". He absolutely will. It's negligent that he didn't bother watching the replay.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #10764 on: February 20, 2021, 07:48:24 pm »
I would have said so, but remember how many fouls Gomez was allowed to get away with when he'd been given a yellow card? He had ample opportunity to give him a second yellow yet seemed strangely reluctant to do so. There was also a clear hand on Salah as well which was allowed to go unpunished.
Mo was taken out by Dingy a couple of times but play was waved on.
It really annoys me when refs play on but don’t penalise the foul.
Gomez should have been booked earlier. The ref saw the foul and played on. He then calls Gomez over and should have booked him. Instead he gives him a lecture and he commits two more similar fouls before getting finally booked.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10765 on: February 20, 2021, 07:50:43 pm »
He will watch it later on and go "ah, you know what I was wrong there". He absolutely will. It's negligent that he didn't bother watching the replay.

He won’t. And Mike Riley will probably let him know he was right. Peter Walton definitely will.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10766 on: February 20, 2021, 07:54:31 pm »
He won’t. And Mike Riley will probably let him know he was right. Peter Walton definitely will.
Andre Marriner even thought he was wrong. He's not looked at the replay, he may have thought Trent tried to stop him/stick a leg out initially, but he didn't watch the replay to see that DCL just ran in to him.

Online Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #10767 on: February 20, 2021, 07:54:32 pm »
No chance. Not after he’s looked at it on the monitor then given it. He’s got no choice but to double down now. The alternative is admitting he’s bent and never reffing another game.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10768 on: February 20, 2021, 07:55:57 pm »
It still baffles me why a multi multi billion pound business, which is the PL, doesn’t employ the best of the best referees from around the world, and puts them through the best fitness and performance training. It’s central to their product.

Ignoring that oppo fans are likely loving seeing us fucked over, which is fair, I think ultimately pretty much all fans from all clubs would agree the standard of refs in this country is simply not good enough.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10769 on: February 20, 2021, 07:56:25 pm »
He will watch it later on and go "ah, you know what I was wrong there".

That's cute.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10770 on: February 20, 2021, 07:59:18 pm »
They were always bad but it feels like they’ve properly doubled down and give a big fuck you to us since we dared to question them after the goodison derby. Corrupt c*nts.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10771 on: February 20, 2021, 08:01:01 pm »
Mo was taken out by Dingy a couple of times but play was waved on.
It really annoys me when refs play on but don’t penalise the foul.
Gomez should have been booked earlier. The ref saw the foul and played on. He then calls Gomez over and should have booked him. Instead he gives him a lecture and he commits two more similar fouls before getting finally booked.

Doucoure wiped Allison out about 4 seconds after the ball had gone. By far the worst tackle in the game.  Nothing came of it. Not a booking, not a word. Nothing.

We’ve come off that field having barely committed a foul (other than nudges, which aren’t fouls when it’s our players being nudged) with two bookings.

They grappled, pulled, kicked, dived and mouthed off at the ref and had one booking.

How does that happen?  And it’s been happening for weeks. We were top of the fair play league a few weeks back with barely a handful of bookings.  It got mentioned in the commentary in one game ( I think the Newcastle one).  Ever since then we’ve been picking up bookings for fuck all in nearly every game, almost as if someone was alerted to it and thought that us having a good disciplinary record shouldn’t be allowed either.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10772 on: February 20, 2021, 08:02:40 pm »
Did he even review that to see if it was a penalty?

Or just to see if it was a red card?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10773 on: February 20, 2021, 08:02:49 pm »
P.S: A smart move would be not to outsource this to Jurgen to act as the mouthpiece either to PL or press. It would just come across as a "rant" and not help.
Instead
- Leak the well compiled and referenced video reel comparing systematically all the incidents that are suspect, to a set of journos, influences on twitter etc
- Let it circulate socially for a while, hopefully attract lot of views, social commentary and eventually gets picked up by  the maintream press
- Then compile a few big articles from the mainstream press and then go the PGMOL and Premier League etc and demand a full investigation, based on sound allegations as evidenced by maintream press´s articles as reference.

Compare DCL today Vs Mane (no pen, no VAR even) in the Newcastle game.
Just another one to add to the roster of Liverpool being reffed to a different standard to the others.

No scratch that. There was no standard today.
I am fairly certain there is some bank account somewhere, that is a little bit (or a big bit!) happier.
Bets for 0-2 final score, and/or Pen in the game has been paid out to someone somewhere now
.....ref´s a nice job if you can get it.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10774 on: February 20, 2021, 08:03:35 pm »

The ESPN guy who loves VAR says Marriner called him over to overturn the penalty

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10775 on: February 20, 2021, 08:04:10 pm »
The ESPN guy who loves VAR says Marriner called him over to overturn the penalty
Blimey...

They might have showed him the view that made it clear..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline free_at_last

• Legacy Fan
  • we all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10776 on: February 20, 2021, 08:05:04 pm »
It still baffles me why a multi multi billion pound business, which is the PL, doesn’t employ the best of the best referees from around the world, and puts them through the best fitness and performance training. It’s central to their product.

Ignoring that oppo fans are likely loving seeing us fucked over, which is fair, I think ultimately pretty much all fans from all clubs would agree the standard of refs in this country is simply not good enough.
Instead we get unprofessionals like this:
https://twitter.com/Road_End_Red/status/1346478251124822022?s=19

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10777 on: February 20, 2021, 08:06:11 pm »

It's killing the game. I can't imagine a new fan watching this shitshow every week and continuing to stay interested. The "product" is fucking horrible right now and basically an exercise in masochism.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Speedy Molby

• Not as fat as his name suggests but is still a bad formby wool :)
  • Campaigns
  • Kopite
  • Satire? In Wigan?
« Reply #10778 on: February 20, 2021, 08:10:28 pm »
They were always bad but it feels like they’ve properly doubled down and give a big fuck you to us since we dared to question them after the goodison derby. Corrupt c*nts.
This has happened to Southampton too, since they complained. Refs are like coppers, just cover each other’s backs.
I am alone now. I am beyond recrimination. The curtains have shut, the furniture has gone. I am transforming. I am vibrating. I am glowing. I am flying. Look at me now.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10779 on: February 20, 2021, 08:10:52 pm »
It's killing the game. I can't imagine a new fan watching this shitshow every week and continuing to stay interested. The "product" is fucking horrible right now and basically an exercise in masochism.

It really is.

I’ve laughed previously when fans have said they’re done and not watching, but you know what, for the first time in my life I’m genuinely considering fucking off watching PL football.

Every week, every game, it’s the same shite. Over and over.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #10780 on: February 20, 2021, 08:11:00 pm »

Well I’ve seen the dickhead espn blue tick sports journalist troll on Twitter saying that it was a pen because intent was taken out of the game. He even quotes the David Luiz sending off. He is too thick to realise that if it’s a pen it’s a red then.

That was frankly the worst penalty decision I’ve ever seen. Real time I can forgive a mistake. But for Stockley Park to call him to the monitor shows they knew he had fucked up. He didn’t even watch the replay.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10781 on: February 20, 2021, 08:11:23 pm »

The guy needs to be penalised then, if he actually went against that the question needs to be asked why he didn't change his mind.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10782 on: February 20, 2021, 08:12:34 pm »
Well I’ve seen the dickhead espn blue tick sports journalist

That c*nt is a blue isn’t he?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10783 on: February 20, 2021, 08:12:38 pm »
English Football ...

The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10784 on: February 20, 2021, 08:13:32 pm »
The guy needs to be penalised then, if he actually went against that the question needs to be asked why he didn't change his mind.

Or at least view the angles the VAR looked at, and then took the time to consider it.

He ran over, glanced, turned and pointed. It was lip service.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #10785 on: February 20, 2021, 08:13:44 pm »
Allison spilled the shot and if Trent isn't in the way it's a tap in.  I don't think intent matters but it's also a laughable call since we didn't get that with Mane in other games.  If that's a Pen then we should have had Pen's in other games.  If those other calls were correct then how is this a Pen?  It makes no sense.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10786 on: February 20, 2021, 08:13:55 pm »
Yep I'm now in this camp.

Refs bent as fuck. Shame there's no fans to do him in in the car park the c*nt

Now thats not how we behave. No wonder we get so much hate with idiots like you

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10787 on: February 20, 2021, 08:14:12 pm »

Unless I've read it wrong, he's saying it's a penalty on his twitter?
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #10788 on: February 20, 2021, 08:17:03 pm »
Unless I've read it wrong, he's saying it's a penalty on his twitter?

Yep, he thinks so as it's a DOGSO as well as stating he thinks Marriner fucked up by asking him to review the call instead of review for a red on Trent.  It conflicts though with his prior statements on the Mane calls so I think he's wrong here.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #10789 on: February 20, 2021, 08:18:59 pm »
With Mane and Salah it is "not all contact in the box is a penalty. Went down easily there, but then again he has a habit of doing that...."
(btw, Calvert Lewin bought a penalty in a previous derby that was almost identical to the one that was not even considered to be given to Mane today)

With Kane and Rashford it is "Clever Clever player, gave the ref a decision to make"

In our box, when they attack, the attackers can just run straight into the defender, initiate contact, dive. Even straight up kick the defender on the ground (AND looking the other way) in the head with their knee....
and it is a penalty!

Unless the Liverpool staff and board take this up directly with whoever actually runs the EPL, it will go on.
And if Liverpool FC do not, then I dont see why we should be bothered?

I d rather watch some other sport.
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #10790 on: February 20, 2021, 08:21:22 pm »
Allison spilled the shot and if Trent isn't in the way it's a tap in.  I don't think intent matters but it's also a laughable call since we didn't get that with Mane in other games.  If that's a Pen then we should have had Pen's in other games.  If those other calls were correct then how is this a Pen?  It makes no sense.

It’s totally different though. I thought it was the same initially. Mane takes the shot and gets cleaned out by the Burnley defender right after the shot is released. The laughable thing about that decision was that Barnes who took the ball the wrong way away from goal and left his foot to ‘draw’ the foul from Alisson in the same game got the pen.

Here Calvert Lewin takes the shot, shot gets saved and stumbles into Trent and falls over. Trent cannot get out of the way and making no movement towards him.

It’s nowhere close to being the same.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10791 on: February 20, 2021, 08:21:43 pm »

That's the thing,the bent c*nt doesn't even know the fucking rules.

If it was a penno then it was a red,it was neither like.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10792 on: February 20, 2021, 08:22:36 pm »
Yep, he thinks so as it's a DOGSO as well as stating he thinks Marriner fucked up by asking him to review the call instead of review for a red on Trent.  It conflicts though with his prior statements on the Mane calls so I think he's wrong here.

Well at least it clears up Mane vs Burnley, Mane vs Newcastle and Jota vs Leicester(?). He's basically full of shit, however analytical he wants to be seen as.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10793 on: February 20, 2021, 08:31:46 pm »
He’s right that intent was taken out of the law. Which is why it should have been a free kick to us for Calvert Lewin kneeing TAA in the head.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10794 on: February 20, 2021, 08:34:38 pm »
Blimey...

They might have showed him the view that made it clear..

Kavanagh didn’t give them a chance to.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10795 on: February 20, 2021, 08:34:38 pm »
does anyone have any theories as to why Manchester-born Chris Kavanagh appears to have an agenda against us?

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10796 on: February 20, 2021, 08:38:26 pm »
With Mane and Salah it is "not all contact in the box is a penalty. Went down easily there, but then again he has a habit of doing that...."
(btw, Calvert Lewin bought a penalty in a previous derby that was almost identical to the one that was not even considered to be given to Mane today)

With Kane and Rashford it is "Clever Clever player, gave the ref a decision to make"

In our box, when they attack, the attackers can just run straight into the defender, initiate contact, dive. Even straight up kick the defender on the ground (AND looking the other way) in the head with their knee....
and it is a penalty!

Unless the Liverpool staff and board take this up directly with whoever actually runs the EPL, it will go on.
And if Liverpool FC do not, then I dont see why we should be bothered?

I d rather watch some other sport.

Every club has divers. I was critical of Mane and Salah not going to ground when they have been pulled back etc but today and more recently they are going down with the slightest of touches and it was not a pen and we don't get those decsions. I think people moan at Kane etc is because when it happens to them its a pen. I think since VAR has come in players seem to be diving more under slight contact. It doesn't help when they are given as a pen as it encourages them to dive. I am one of these people that sees most fouls in box look odd in the way players fall.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10797 on: February 20, 2021, 08:41:17 pm »
Another week, shame old shite.

Its been like this for years but we been so good it hasn't mattered. Had enough of all this, I cannot see my family, I cannot go the football and
I have to watch the media claim nothing is wrong.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10798 on: February 20, 2021, 08:41:57 pm »
does anyone have any theories as to why Manchester-born Chris Kavanagh appears to have an agenda against us?

I’ve genuinely no idea why Manchester-born Kavanagh could have an agenda. I’m not sure if Manchester-born Kananagh is just a shit ref, or if Manchester-born Kavanagh is bent.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #10799 on: February 20, 2021, 08:44:50 pm »
Every time I thought nothing could possibly top it, they managed to come up with something. Right now, I can't see anything ever topping a player's shadow playing someone onside, but give it a few weeks and I'm sure we'll find ourselves at the wrong end of an even worse decision.

I can't believe I thought it would take a few weeks. :butt