Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 969363 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #8520 on: January 25, 2023, 05:04:26 pm »
I listened to an interview with the great man himself on the Football Writer's podcast with Michael Calvin. It was wonderful stuff and he is so calm and full of basic common sense you always instantly end up feeling better, at the end of it. It sounds as though he is fully committed to building a second side and I can't wait.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #8521 on: January 25, 2023, 05:06:46 pm »
I listened to an interview with the great man himself on the Football Writer's podcast with Michael Calvin. It was wonderful stuff and he is so calm and full of basic common sense you always instantly end up feeling better, at the end of it. It sounds as though he is fully committed to building a second side and I can't wait. :)
Beautiful words.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #8522 on: January 25, 2023, 05:13:42 pm »
I listened to an interview with the great man himself on the Football Writer's podcast with Michael Calvin. It was wonderful stuff and he is so calm and full of basic common sense you always instantly end up feeling better, at the end of it. It sounds as though he is fully committed to building a second side and I can't wait.  :)

Best thing about that interview was him saying him and Ulla are going to become grandparents in May  ;D  it was a nice interview, good to hear he can switch off from all this madness when he goes home!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8523 on: January 25, 2023, 05:19:48 pm »
Best thing about that interview was him saying him and Ulla are going to become grandparents in May  ;D  it was a nice interview, good to hear he can switch off from all this madness when he goes home!

What I  love most about the interview is that Calvin just lets him speak, so often now managers don't get the chance to do that, there is too much pressure being pushed onto them. You always end up in a better place after listening to him talk like this. I bet Grandad Kloppo is a wild man.  :D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8524 on: January 25, 2023, 05:21:07 pm »
Beautiful words.

We'll just have to hang around a bit longer.  :)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8525 on: January 25, 2023, 05:47:05 pm »

That's me sorted for tonight while she watches her shite v Forest
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8526 on: January 25, 2023, 06:46:29 pm »
Thing that sticks in my throat is that we demand outright loyalty, and Klopp has been everything we could have dreamt of and more, then half a bad season and “fans” ignore all the previous time and start berating Klopp immediately. So much for YNWA, most can’t even withstand a light rain shower!

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #8527 on: January 25, 2023, 06:49:37 pm »
I listened to an interview with the great man himself on the Football Writer's podcast with Michael Calvin. It was wonderful stuff and he is so calm and full of basic common sense you always instantly end up feeling better, at the end of it. It sounds as though he is fully committed to building a second side and I can't wait:)
Football is a game of opinions but I refuse to listen to any Liverpool fan who isn't excited by such a prospect. Getting Klopp was the best decision the club has made in my lifetime.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8528 on: January 25, 2023, 06:49:53 pm »
Thing that sticks in my throat is that we demand outright loyalty, and Klopp has been everything we could have dreamt of and more, then half a bad season and “fans” ignore all the previous time and start berating Klopp immediately. So much for YNWA, most can’t even withstand a light rain shower!

Who has done that?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8529 on: January 25, 2023, 07:16:33 pm »

I think the fans who actually count for anything don’t think that way.  The ones that get the publicity as it where, are the idiots on Twitter (and yes, a few on forums!) who do not represent Liverpool supporters, it’s just a shame that this is how football is these days - the ones given a platform are the worst of the worst.

I’m pretty confident that you can go into Liverpool and speak to people who get the club and the city and then go to Anfield on match days and speak to those fans, and to a man/woman and they will not just back Klopp, but take on anyone who doesn't!

I mean, we all adore the man, he isn’t perfect, who is, but for the human being he is, and who like the real fans - a man who gets the culture and emotions of the club, there is no way we couldn’t support him.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8530 on: January 25, 2023, 10:40:36 pm »
Just listened to the podcast.

I absolutely adore Klopp. He loves the club, could actually listen to him all day. Like many have said, he just brings a sense of calmness.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8531 on: January 25, 2023, 11:43:09 pm »
Well said!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #8532 on: January 25, 2023, 11:44:59 pm »
Who has done that?
Lots of people have. It's inherent in many posts. If one doesn't want to see it (possibly because one agrees with the posts in question) then you won't, I guess.

There has been at least one set of Klopp Out posts on this forum as well - bizarrely, in the Man Utd thread, I think. May have been deleted now (you'd hope so) but were there for all to see. Oddly they didn't get a huge amount of pushback; people called the guy out, but only mildly.

Expect more of the same if the team continue to struggle and we miss out out on CL. Expect words like 'ruthless' and 'no room for sentiment' to be bandied about as justification for calls for the manager's head. It's a well trodden path. It always starts with "I love X but..." or "I'm not calling for X to go, but..."

Everyone thinks their own little whinge doesn't matter. It was just venting, just catharthis, I never meant anything by it. But it all adds up, and each voicing of dissatisfaction empowers others to go a little further. Words have effect. We've seen it before.

Anger, entitlement, impatience, an inability to deal with adversity and a conviction that there must always be someone to blame...these are the start points from which some Liverpool fans will reject the best manager  - no, the best person, no, the best thing to happen to this club in many of our lifetimes.

And then we'll be a long time regretting it
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #8533 on: January 26, 2023, 09:15:28 am »

Downloading this now - ta. Klopp is probably the best football person I have ever heard in press conferences and in his second language of course. I noted he did seem down the other week and a bit tetchy however in recent pressers, he has shown his usual erudition and good sense. He's the one thing that keeps the club centred and yes, of course he is allowed a crap season. We all just hope the bits and bobs and structure around him gets sorted, and fast.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #8534 on: January 26, 2023, 09:20:30 am »
Lots of people have. It's inherent in many posts. If one doesn't want to see it (possibly because one agrees with the posts in question) then you won't, I guess.

There has been at least one set of Klopp Out posts on this forum as well - bizarrely, in the Man Utd thread, I think. May have been deleted now (you'd hope so) but were there for all to see. Oddly they didn't get a huge amount of pushback; people called the guy out, but only mildly.

Expect more of the same if the team continue to struggle and we miss out out on CL. Expect words like 'ruthless' and 'no room for sentiment' to be bandied about as justification for calls for the manager's head. It's a well trodden path. It always starts with "I love X but..." or "I'm not calling for X to go, but..."

Everyone thinks their own little whinge doesn't matter. It was just venting, just catharthis, I never meant anything by it. But it all adds up, and each voicing of dissatisfaction empowers others to go a little further. Words have effect. We've seen it before.

Anger, entitlement, impatience, an inability to deal with adversity and a conviction that there must always be someone to blame...these are the start points from which some Liverpool fans will reject the best manager  - no, the best person, no, the best thing to happen to this club in many of our lifetimes.

Well said.
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #8535 on: January 26, 2023, 04:19:35 pm »
god I love Klopp what a hero that man is to me. The best thing the club have done under FSG was hire him as manager.

Today I asked the LFC online store if they will be getting this season's Klopp hat anymore in stock. The pink and black one. I cannot find it anywhere. I asked the lady on chat how come the boss has a new one every week and she said it was the million dollar question. There is some on ebay but much more expensive about 60 odd quid. Bit rich foe my blood sadly. Any ideas. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8536 on: January 26, 2023, 04:29:36 pm »
Here is a link for that Klopp interview which is well worth the listen.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1618323064650883098?s=20&t=tqDLqxusNnKrlDJy04tBhg

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8537 on: January 26, 2023, 04:41:31 pm »
Well said.
And again from me.

The thing is both Klopp and the ones shouting have proved themselves. Klopp as a fantastic person and football manager. The others as dickheads, the only shame is they have a voice.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8538 on: January 26, 2023, 04:49:52 pm »

For anyone who were under 30, Jurgen delivered the one thing the wanted the most and had never been seen in their lifetime, for us arl arses, he brought the club back to a level we'd not seen since the 80's. My kids are 14 and 12, including Kenny its 2 x LC, 1 x FA Cup, 1 x WCC, 1 x Super Cup, 1 x CL and 1 x PL, plus 2 cl and 1 UEFA cup finals. Thats dreamland for over 95% of the clubs in this country and one that Abu Dhabi still haven't done having spent over £1billion. For me, he gets as long as it takes to get it right with the next generation, as get it right he will do again.

Whether or not Rafa was the long term answer back then we'll never know,but he was the best we could get at the time. The fucking cry arses refused to see beyond the PL table, refused to see the big picture, didn't see the chaos, got the knives out and.........

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline mushi007

• Main Stander
« Reply #8539 on: January 26, 2023, 05:20:04 pm »
For anyone who were under 30, Jurgen delivered the one thing the wanted the most and had never been seen in their lifetime, for us arl arses, he brought the club back to a level we'd not seen since the 80's. My kids are 14 and 12, including Kenny its 2 x LC, 1 x FA Cup, 1 x WCC, 1 x Super Cup, 1 x CL and 1 x PL, plus 2 cl and 1 UEFA cup finals. Thats dreamland for over 95% of the clubs in this country and one that Abu Dhabi still haven't done having spent over £1billion. For me, he gets as long as it takes to get it right with the next generation, as get it right he will do again.

Stop speaking sense... you might get banned

Whether or not Rafa was the long term answer back then we'll never know,but he was the best we could get at the time. The fucking cry arses refused to see beyond the PL table, refused to see the big picture, didn't see the chaos, got the knives out and.........

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #8540 on: January 26, 2023, 05:48:29 pm »

Indeed.  :thumbup
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8541 on: January 26, 2023, 05:57:11 pm »
OFC was such a great acronym

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #8542 on: January 26, 2023, 06:05:37 pm »

This. Again and again and again on every platform that the stupid rear their entitled heads.

Online Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #8543 on: January 26, 2023, 07:08:13 pm »

Congrats kloppismydad.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8544 on: January 26, 2023, 07:11:42 pm »

Word...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8545 on: January 26, 2023, 07:37:35 pm »
Here is a link for that Klopp interview which is well worth the listen.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1618323064650883098?s=20&t=tqDLqxusNnKrlDJy04tBhg

Was a really good listen. Also agreed with the contributors who said it shouldnt be a case of being far away for too long. As they said, 18 months and we should be challenging again.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #8546 on: January 26, 2023, 07:43:34 pm »
Was a really good listen. Also agreed with the contributors who said it shouldnt be a case of being far away for too long. As they said, 18 months and we should be challenging again.

remember when we were having a rough time in 2005 and we went on to win the CL. Book your tickets is all I am saying.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8547 on: January 26, 2023, 07:45:38 pm »

It's exactly why I'm looking forward to seeing how he brings this next team on, while I love winning trophies and everything its as much about the journey for me as the getting there.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8548 on: January 26, 2023, 08:11:38 pm »
remember when we were having a rough time in 2005 and we went on to win the CL. Book your tickets is all I am saying.

Rafa deffo prioritised the CL over the league that season, cocky fucker knew he could win it ;D

One thing that annoyed me back that was the shit Rafa was getting for signing Mauricio Pelligrino. It was fucking obvious why Rafa signed him, it allowed Sami to be rested for League games and we all remember the massive goals he scored on our way to the Final. Sometimes, the manager knows what he is doing ;)

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #8549 on: January 27, 2023, 07:33:24 am »
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #8550 on: January 27, 2023, 11:39:28 am »
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 11:51:15 am by missis sumner »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8551 on: January 27, 2023, 12:02:09 pm »
It's exactly why I'm looking forward to seeing how he brings this next team on, while I love winning trophies and everything its as much about the journey for me as the getting there.
No Jill, you're entitled to uninterrupted success and a full explanation if that is not delivered. You are of course also entitled to apportion blame and demand the removal of those that do not deliver the standards you require.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #8552 on: January 27, 2023, 12:05:42 pm »

Outstanding!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8553 on: January 27, 2023, 12:10:16 pm »
I'll share a little story and you can make your own minds up whether I'm talking shit or not.

Since moving to England he became fascinated by Crown Green Bowls. He started going along by himself to a club in Formby.

One day there was a woman who didn't have a partner. He just turned up and partnered up with her (she's a red). By all accounts he's a real gent and a boss laugh. It must have been quite an experience for the (little old*) red lady.

*She'd have my guts for garters if she knew I'd written that.

Anyway, sometimes I post absolute shite on here. Sometimes I post to wind up people. Sometimes I'm probably even attention seeking. Occasionally, I'm being serious. There's a few on here who know me in "real life", only they'd know which of the former this post is  ;D

He loves Liverpool. Not just the Club. But the City, the people, everything.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 12:14:50 pm by Billy Elliot »
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8554 on: January 27, 2023, 12:21:53 pm »
I'll share a little story and you can make your own minds up whether I'm talking shit or not.

Since moving to England he became fascinated by Crown Green Bowls. He started going along by himself to a club in Formby.

One day there was a woman who didn't have a partner. He just turned up and partnered up with her (she's a red). By all accounts he's a real gent and a boss laugh. It must have been quite an experience for the (little old*) red lady.

*She'd have my guts for garters if she knew I'd written that.

Anyway, sometimes I post absolute shite on here. Sometimes I post to wind up people. Sometimes I'm probably even attention seeking. Occasionally, I'm being serious. There's a few on here who know me in "real life", only they'd know which of the former this post is  ;D

He loves Liverpool. Not just the Club. But the City, the people, everything.

Much publicised he was sort of facinated by it, as he often passed the club in Formby, taking his dog for a walk so would stop and watch, and then a few years go (like in his first couple seasons here I think?) LFC.tv did a video of him going to that very club in Formby to play bowls.

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8555 on: January 27, 2023, 12:45:31 pm »

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8556 on: January 27, 2023, 12:58:30 pm »
Much publicised he was sort of facinated by it, as he often passed the club in Formby, taking his dog for a walk so would stop and watch, and then a few years go (like in his first couple seasons here I think?) LFC.tv did a video of him going to that very club in Formby to play bowls.

Thanks mate. I never knew it was publicised and got it straight from the horses* mouth. But your post will provide assurance that it was one if my very rare genuine posts.

* she'd be unhappy at that as well.

Said woman / horse - friend of family - was telling me just how much he adores everything about the City, and surrounding wooly back lands like Formby.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8557 on: January 27, 2023, 01:32:10 pm »
Thanks mate. I never knew it was publicised and got it straight from the horses* mouth. But your post will provide assurance that it was one if my very rare genuine posts.

* she'd be unhappy at that as well.

Said woman / horse - friend of family - was telling me just how much he adores everything about the City, and surrounding wooly back lands like Formby.

Here it is if you want to take a look, it’s very entertaining  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1fzZUUPtac

Offline daveypauly

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8558 on: January 27, 2023, 01:32:20 pm »
Reminded me of this video, at least!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1fzZUUPtac

EDIT: Damn, 10 seconds too late

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan