Author Topic: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies  (Read 1040762 times)

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Ask - R(ob)AWK replies
« Reply #15520 on: October 14, 2020, 06:40:10 pm »
It is mate yes. No exposure to the outside on any part of the wall, no windows or door frames in it etc. Two chimney breasts on the length of it stretching from living room to dining room.
If you're in the Liverpool area I know a bloke but he seems to be chocka at the moment. He can do plastering and joinery.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #15521 on: October 14, 2020, 07:35:03 pm »
If you're in the Liverpool area I know a bloke but he seems to be chocka at the moment. He can do plastering and joinery.
I’m no longer living in town or the general area mate, out towards Chester now. Appreciate it though.

Thanks to everyone for the replies, it’s a massive help as I’m crap with this sort of thing generally but I didn’t get a good feeling from the bloke and it did raise a bit of doubt in me. I’ll get on checkatrade as WhereAngelsPlay has said.

Thank you to all who replied.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15522 on: October 18, 2020, 10:42:25 am »
Another one.

I need to replace all my integrated kitchen appliances before letting the house but who does this?

Do I need a kitchen fitter or does it need to be an electrician/gas fitter.

I'll be replacing washing machine, dish washer, fridge, freezer, gas hob, electric oven and the extractor fan.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15523 on: October 18, 2020, 11:03:50 am »
A lot of the appliances may come with free fitting from the place you buy them, so check if that’s an option. As well as taking old ones away if that’s something you’re after too.

Otherwise most of those are simple jobs to do yourself. Although oven  would be a gas engineer and extractor a sparky if you’re not keen on doing that one. 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15524 on: October 18, 2020, 11:08:28 am »
Another one.

I need to replace all my integrated kitchen appliances before letting the house but who does this?

Do I need a kitchen fitter or does it need to be an electrician/gas fitter.

I'll be replacing washing machine, dish washer, fridge, freezer, gas hob, electric oven and the extractor fan.

A quick Google seems to suggest that they can all be done by anyone. They'll all need to be checked under your gas and electrical safety tests that you need to get done anyway. Personally I'd get the hob fitted by a gas fitter just for peace of mind (although your neighbour problems would be dealt with if it went wrong ;) ), even though it will be rechecked. I've changed the elements on our cooker a few times and its just a case of switching off at the fuse box and then disconnecting the cable from the oven to get it out and then reconnecting, so its the same when fitting a new one.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/electrical-safety-standards-in-the-private-rented-sector-guidance-for-landlords-tenants-and-local-authorities/guide-for-landlords-electrical-safety-standards-in-the-private-rented-sector

https://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/landlords/safetycheckswho.htm
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15525 on: October 18, 2020, 11:21:45 am »
Thank you guys. 

Was intending buying from ao.com as I know the owner so I'll check the website to see if they do installation and removal of the old appliances.

I'm getting the boiler serviced in 2wks so I'll check with them about the hob.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15526 on: October 18, 2020, 11:34:21 am »
Anyone have one of these or an alternative to it?
Any good too?

https://uk.blade.shop/heineken-starterbundle.html
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15527 on: October 18, 2020, 11:52:47 am »
Thank you guys. 

Was intending buying from ao.com as I know the owner so I'll check the website to see if they do installation and removal of the old appliances.

I'm getting the boiler serviced in 2wks so I'll check with them about the hob.

AO do both installation and removal of your old appliances, can remember what they charged to take the old washing machine away though. to be honest, installation is for most appliances a piece of piss, the units get built then the appliances go in, so should be pretty easy to swap and saves you money for spends on your trip, get Paul to have a look and see what he thinks he can do.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15528 on: October 18, 2020, 12:10:17 pm »
AO do both installation and removal of your old appliances, can remember what they charged to take the old washing machine away though. to be honest, installation is for most appliances a piece of piss, the units get built then the appliances go in, so should be pretty easy to swap and saves you money for spends on your trip, get Paul to have a look and see what he thinks he can do.
I could do the installation if they were free standing but I don't have the tools to refit doors if the hinges aren't in the same place.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15529 on: October 18, 2020, 09:02:51 pm »
Brother is training to become a spark. He mentioned that when qualified he'll need some sort of tool which costs a few hundred quid. Any idea what that might be?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #15530 on: October 18, 2020, 11:12:17 pm »
Brother is training to become a spark. He mentioned that when qualified he'll need some sort of tool which costs a few hundred quid. Any idea what that might be?
An apprentice.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15531 on: October 18, 2020, 11:14:38 pm »

A continuity tester maybe or a multifunction tester that go for between £300 - £1000+
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15532 on: October 18, 2020, 11:14:57 pm »

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15533 on: October 19, 2020, 11:40:10 am »
A continuity tester maybe or a multifunction tester that go for between £300 - £1000+

Thanks, mate. I am assuming it is the multifunction tester given the price. Are you a spark? Do you know much about these?

An apprentice.

I would suggest that he is going to be said tool for a while.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15534 on: October 19, 2020, 02:04:28 pm »

You’ve been a great role model in that regard, he’ll be fine.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15535 on: October 19, 2020, 04:34:21 pm »
If I join Costco online can I go to the store right away or do I need to wait for a membership card?

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15536 on: October 19, 2020, 04:38:04 pm »
If I join Costco online can I go to the store right away or do I need to wait for a membership card?

Pretty sure they take your foto at the desk where you apply & you can go straight in.
Just need to have the right street cred!  :D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15537 on: October 19, 2020, 04:40:59 pm »

I'd assume you have to go instore to collect the physical card, as it has your photo on it. When you join, they take your photo at the Membership counter and make your card there and then. You need the card for things like access to the store as they scan on entry and getting fuel as you have to scan your card at the pump.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15538 on: October 19, 2020, 04:46:57 pm »
Ta lads.

I'll prob just go over and join up at the desk then, seems they have to take pics, etc anyway.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15539 on: October 19, 2020, 04:52:16 pm »
Ta lads.

I'll prob just go over and join up at the desk then, seems they have to take pics, etc anyway.

It only takes about 5 or 10 minutes and they issue the card straight away. Do they do fuel at the one by yours, its well worth it if they do, as its usually cheaper than Supermarkets but its the better quality stuff, more akin to the stuff at BP/Shell etc. I run mine and the wifes car on the fuel and I can deffo feel a difference in the diesel compared to Asda.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15540 on: October 19, 2020, 04:54:19 pm »
It only takes about 5 or 10 minutes and they issue the card straight away. Do they do fuel at the one by yours, its well worth it if they do, as its usually cheaper than Supermarkets but its the better quality stuff, more akin to the stuff at BP/Shell etc. I run mine and the wifes car on the fuel and I can deffo feel a difference in the diesel compared to Asda.

Yeah do fuel here.

Not sure why I've not joined up before, lived within walking distance of it for the last 4 years nearly  :butt

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15541 on: October 19, 2020, 05:02:57 pm »
What do you need to join? I mean what documents do they want to see? Do you need to own a business or anything?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15542 on: October 19, 2020, 05:07:00 pm »
What do you need to join? I mean what documents do they want to see? Do you need to own a business or anything?

You can have an individual account if you don't own a business. Not sure if it's limited to certain professions still but was quite wide last time I looked.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15543 on: October 19, 2020, 05:09:33 pm »
You can have an individual account if you don't own a business. Not sure if it's limited to certain professions still but was quite wide last time I looked.
Thanks. I always had this impression that you needed to show a company chequebook or something. I'll look into it.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15544 on: October 19, 2020, 07:09:48 pm »
Thanks. I always had this impression that you needed to show a company chequebook or something. I'll look into it.

I had the same idea too..they had reps from Costco who arrived in me lads workplace & thats how he got his..he's just an employee where he is, he said they were dishing them out like confetti.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15545 on: October 19, 2020, 07:27:43 pm »

For individual membership you do need to be one of some specified professions, I got mine originally through her brother as he had a limited company when he was a contractor, but then via work, they did some deal with Costco so employees could get membership.

Current or Retired Employee of:
Banking / Finance
Local Government
Fire / Rescue Service
Post Office
Airlines
Education
Police Force
Civil Service / Armed Forces
Medical / Health Service
Insurance
OR
Qualified as:

Qualified / Certified / Chartered Accountant
Chartered Architect
Doctors (MD) / Dentist / Optician / Pharmacist
Chartered Surveyor
Solicitor / Barrister / Magistrate / Advocate
Chartered Engineer / Civil etc

https://www.costco.co.uk/membership-individual-requirements

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15546 on: October 19, 2020, 07:47:45 pm »
Took all of about 5 minutes in the store. Simple.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15547 on: October 19, 2020, 08:42:29 pm »
Thanks, mate. I am assuming it is the multifunction tester given the price. Are you a spark? Do you know much about these?

No & no,just remember my inlaw moaning about the price after he got his lifted off site.

Offline .adam

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15548 on: October 20, 2020, 12:30:04 pm »
No & no,just remember my inlaw moaning about the price after he got his lifted off site.

No worries. Cheers.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15549 on: October 21, 2020, 08:53:48 am »

This is what he will need , bought myself one of these a few months ago

https://www.tester.co.uk/megger-mft1711-bs-multifunction-tester?gclid=Cj0KCQjwuL_8BRCXARIsAGiC51BrCzui2k4-SN6Djsu3R5gpJuAfbOE3gw-qNeqhiNU6XnPVBseSOf8aAnr1EALw_wcB

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #15550 on: October 21, 2020, 09:15:35 am »
For individual membership you do need to be one of some specified professions, I got mine originally through her brother as he had a limited company when he was a contractor, but then via work, they did some deal with Costco so employees could get membership.

Current or Retired Employee of:
Banking / Finance
Local Government
Fire / Rescue Service
Post Office
Airlines
Education
Police Force
Civil Service / Armed Forces
Medical / Health Service
Insurance
OR
Qualified as:

Qualified / Certified / Chartered Accountant
Chartered Architect
Doctors (MD) / Dentist / Optician / Pharmacist
Chartered Surveyor
Solicitor / Barrister / Magistrate / Advocate
Chartered Engineer / Civil etc

https://www.costco.co.uk/membership-individual-requirements

I signed up with one of their sales reps at a community day thing and the girl said to me 'just say you're a carer' and i had no issues at all, nobody has ever checked and I've been a member for years now.

It even says 'carer' on my card.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15551 on: October 21, 2020, 10:06:36 am »
Anyone have one of these or an alternative to it?
Any good too?

https://uk.blade.shop/heineken-starterbundle.html

Went for it..should arrive today.  8)

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15552 on: October 21, 2020, 12:08:11 pm »
I signed up with one of their sales reps at a community day thing and the girl said to me 'just say you're a carer' and i had no issues at all, nobody has ever checked and I've been a member for years now.

It even says 'carer' on my card.
So they don't ask for actual documentary evidence?

I've been thinking to join but I'm not in any of those professions - though one is close enough to blag as long as they don't need documents

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
« Reply #15553 on: October 21, 2020, 12:13:55 pm »
So they don't ask for actual documentary evidence?

I've been thinking to join but I'm not in any of those professions - though one is close enough to blag as long as they don't need documents
Nope, no evidence at all mate. Went in, paid the yearly fee and got my photo put on a card, good to go.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #15554 on: October 21, 2020, 12:18:27 pm »
Nope, no evidence at all mate. Went in, paid the yearly fee and got my photo put on a card, good to go.
Thanks. I'll get onto it

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15555 on: October 21, 2020, 12:54:19 pm »

I had to piss about getting wage slips. Wish I'd known I could get away with just saying I was a carer.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15556 on: October 21, 2020, 01:27:20 pm »
I had to piss about getting wage slips. Wish I'd known I could get away with just saying I was a carer.
Was that to prove your occupation or your income?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15557 on: October 21, 2020, 04:50:12 pm »
Was that to prove your occupation or your income?

Prove I worked for the employer as it was a work scheme.  My old card had expired as the Brother in law thought the one sin his old company name weren't getting used, so cancelled the lot - about 4 cards in total - so i went a year without a card.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15558 on: October 21, 2020, 04:56:31 pm »
They wanted to see proof for us when we went in. Only a quick glance like but still wanted to see it.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #15559 on: October 21, 2020, 06:08:14 pm »
First 14 pints nearly ready.. 8)