Author Topic: How to Earn Your Place: Welcome Back, Mr. Gerrard  (Read 26588 times)

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: How to Earn Your Place: Welcome Back, Mr. Gerrard
« Reply #320 on: August 10, 2012, 06:51:52 am »
So as a striker? I really don't understand these numbered positions.  :o

Link between midfield and striker of our team, playing between the midfield and back line of opponents, making auxiliary runs behind the forward when the forward drops in, interchanging with forwards on flanks to fill spaces, playing balls in the channels behind the backline, making intelligent runs in to the box, pressing from the front, adding more presence to the midfield, can move back to the midfield when under pressure.

There does that define it enough for you.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: August 10, 2012, 09:22:31 am »
Definitely needs to be freed from any major defensive responsibilities.

He'll have Allen & Lucas doing the dirty work and Borini and Downing will work hard out wide, so Stevie can stay high up the pitch where he can cause the most damage.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: August 10, 2012, 09:31:09 am »
Link between midfield and striker of our team, playing between the midfield and back line of opponents, making auxiliary runs behind the forward when the forward drops in, interchanging with forwards on flanks to fill spaces, playing balls in the channels behind the backline, making intelligent runs in to the box, pressing from the front, adding more presence to the midfield, can move back to the midfield when under pressure.

"CAM" would of been perfect being totally honest.  ???
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: August 10, 2012, 09:37:52 am »
Great team performance last night - love it when he's involved in the final third and making runs into the box. We look to have 6 good options for those 3 spots now, which I'm sure makes BR very happy.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #324 on: August 10, 2012, 09:48:00 am »
Great team performance last night - love it when he's involved in the final third and making runs into the box. We look to have 6 good options for those 3 spots now, which I'm sure makes BR very happy.

Call it what you want, write endless words about it, argue till you're blue in the face, but those four words sum up perfectly where you want to see Gerrard play his football.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #325 on: August 10, 2012, 09:56:55 am »
great link up play with Suarez, you can see he feels at ease bombing forward when Lucas is behind him
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #326 on: August 10, 2012, 11:13:29 am »
he was wasted last year in CM, just never understood how kenny could play him there.

Offline justsean

• Two goals in his first two minutes of match commentary. Take a bow...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: August 10, 2012, 11:19:24 am »
This.

This could be as good if not better than Torres-Gerrard.

Makes you wonder what a Torres-Gerrard-Suarez trio could have been. We were inches away from finding out.

Offline Wee Red Steve

• Anny Roader
  • I wish Robbie Fowler was my dad!
« Reply #328 on: August 10, 2012, 12:09:29 pm »

Jesus have a coke and a smile, huffy knickers

Oh! Liked what she saw? Dug my action did she!? Checkin out the Chan Chan Man!!

Chandler Bing

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #329 on: August 10, 2012, 12:10:32 pm »
Steven Gerrard links up great with Suarez and is a real attacking and creative threat - who'd have thought it?

Should have had him sat in his own half whacking 50 yard balls everywhere like in the last few wasted years of his career.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: August 10, 2012, 02:50:54 pm »
he was wasted last year in CM, just never understood how kenny could play him there.
I think it was more a case of having no other option with Lucas out really.