Author Topic: Liverpool 5-1 Oldham: Full Time (No speculation, rumours or hearsay thanks)  (Read 71243 times)

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
downing get in there

caroll aswell

what has happened to dirk this season ?

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Made up to see Andy and Downing get late goals, Andy should have had a second! Also nice to see Jonjo get his first. Strange game, very poor in the first half, much more clinical and precise in the second. Still very shaky at the back, Coates didn't have a great game. On the balance of chances it could have been about 6-4 in our favor.

Bellamy was absolutely fucking boss, hope he starts on Wednesday.

We don't know what happened with the RB, so please don't derail this thread into speculation meltdown, wait for something concrete.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
Why was the young Oldham player crying? Was it because the kop were singing the Luis Suarez song? Did someone say something to him? Very strange incident.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
For some reason I missed that.
What happened?
Looks like a fan said something to him that really upset him.

Offline shaneynwa

• Main Stander
nicely nicely.

Whens the 4th round draw?

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
Still can't believe Stewie scored ;D

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
In other news (hopefully) this hits the back and front pages - Fergie wants rid of Roooooooney.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
5-1, goals from Gerrard, Shelvey, Carroll and Downing. Couldn't have gone much better. Also:
Fuckin hell

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can we stick to post match discussion and not speculation about what may or may not have happened?
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
You don't know what happened

The media knows what they are going to report though.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
just been on 5 Live news....racism from the crowd apparently
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Lord Roger Hunt

• Elevated to the RAWK Peerage. Furious Legend In His Own Lunchtime.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Humans were harmed in the making of this picture
Good game, cracking cup time until the 3rd which killed off Oldham.  Think I'm going to go and hide under a rock for a day or two because I have a bad feeling about what happened towards the end.

Oh, ffs, I have my fingers and eyes crossed  too....please, no!  :(
From the Country of Liverpool

Offline lincolnred-dad

• ok i'm an arse. a big fat arse.
  • Kopite
  • It's my bloody fence and I'm sitting on it!
Shit first half, decent second.

Worried about what was said to their right back, don't know why people in the other thread suggested he got wound up over the Suarez song, he isn't retarded.
think it's all somewhat related. looked like the guys said something to him, they're there flashing their Suarez T-shirts at him and then the crowd start singing the Suarez song continuously. everything built on the guy and you could see that he was close to tears. then he gets booed when he touches the ball for some reason, and thats before the challenge  that got him the yellow.
If Tevez signs I will be the first man in history to run from Sydney to Melbourne in complete and utter nudity  :D

Offline OrangeMochaFraps

• Legacy Fan
  • Interesting. No, wait, the other thing: tedious.
Good performance in the second half, glad Jonjo, Andy, and Stewart got on the scoresheet.

Bellamy motm.

I would be happier if I weren't so fucking nervous as to what those fans were saying to Adeyemi

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
Great ! Just what the doctor ordered!

But who the fuck was the twat in the crowd! And what happened?

I can't help but think he was racially abused and if, IF, that was the case....that twat in the crowd needs to be banned for life. Makes my blood boil.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2012, 10:09:34 pm by evie »

Offline Gerrard[LFC]

• Legacy Fan
  • We are all part of Liverpool-FC
Good thing is that Carroll, Shelvey and Downing got on the scoreboard which could help the confidence and get them on their way. Carroll should have had a second so still not tiptop but hopefully he will get more of similar delivery from Downing and Bellamy. Bellamy played a blinder, Gerrard as usual did his thing, played as a left mid towards the end. The problem was the CBs, Coates got worse as the game got on, Carra did what he does, either boot it or clear it to row z or give away corners. It looks worrying if Skrtel or Agger gets injured or suspended. like someone said Kelly as CB doesnt look too bad. Maxi had a good game but tired out with Gerrard towards the end. Jay looking solid. Kuyt had another poor game, he worked his socks off but overall a bad game.   oh and the incident involving the Kop and Adeyami, if it was racial thing it is a disgrace, even if it isnt still shamful, you could clearly see that Kop abused him someway and he got upset by it, then the kop boos him. I dont understand that, the world famous kop has brought shame on itself it seems, hopefully I am wrong.
« Last Edit: January 6, 2012, 10:09:49 pm by Gerrard[LFC] »
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
MICHELANGELO

Online exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
5-1, goals from Gerrard, Shelvey, Carroll and Downing. Couldn't have gone much better. Also:

Silly c*nt.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
In other news (hopefully) this hits the back and front pages - Mr Alex Ferguson wants rid of Roooooooney.

Who cares?

Offline Bendomac

• Legacy Fan
Great result but its not the fact that we won that makes it great we were always going to win its the fact that the right people scored:
Carroll + confidence
Downing + confidence
Shelvey + confidence

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
Good 2nd half, first half was meh.

Oldhams goal was a beauty, no chance for pepe

We got lucky with bellamys goal.

Steven Gerrard - What a beauty, now that is how you take a penalty! our first choice pen taker, no doubt.

Jonjo's goal - i thought it was Stevie at first lol

Carroll - First touch = goal, and what a strike it was.

Downing..  ;D couldn't believe he had scored, great attempt by Stevie which set up downing for an open goal.

Dirky.. sorry to say but i think he's finished at this level.

Good game, bring on the next round!!

Offline spinaltapped

• Flesh tuxedo?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Rico Suavez
I hope this proves to be a big confidence building game for the lads and the team. Let's hope Downing and Carroll carry that touch of class onwards and keep it going. I honestly feel like that was the break that they both needed.

Also, Jonjo is a fucking boss. My MOTM with Stevie.

Offline Cadno

• Legacy Fan

Really???? After what has happened and what seems to have happened with the Oldham player?  Use some sense ffs.  Your making the press point for them
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former"  - Albert Einstein

Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt - Mark Twain(Was talking about H&G)

"When you can't walk, you crawl. When you can't crawl, you get a friend to carry you" - Firefly

Offline BristolRed

• Kopite
  • The 96 Never Forgotten.
Got though fairly comfortably in the end, thought they were good in the first half but eventually class told. Important goals for Downing & Carroll. Think Dirk is looking woefully short on confidence at the moment.

Still, 4th round here we come, what odds on a second home draw in a row?
Planner by Day - Part Time Internet Terrorist by Night!

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
Not looking at all forward to this news about what happened with Adeyemi. This is not what we need at all!
YWNA

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
We don't know what happened at the Kop, so I am not going to comment.  Will say this though: The media will blame Kenny, Suarez and the club - when the FA are largely to blame for initiating a witch-hunt against all three.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
Well in Andy and Stewie... absolutely delighted for them. Hopefully its onwards and upwards from here. Bellamy was immense. what a signing. Delighted with the win!
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It must have been bad for him to react like that. Not looking forward to the news on this...

Offline MrEazi1

• Legacy Fan
First 30 mins was poor but our passing gradually improved as the match went on. Bellamy's crosses were magnificent. Good to see Jonjo Shelvey get a goal, he'll be a great midfielder in the future that lad. Delighted to score 5 goals and encouraging to see Carroll and Downing score. Two players short on confidence but that will give them a much needed boost.

I hope that exchange between Adeyemi and the fan does not overshadow the match. I thought it was played in good spirit and Oldham did themselves credit.

Online exiledintheUSA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Who cares?

Just trying to deflect everyone speculating about what has gone on down at the kop end fella.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
Bellamy was fantastic tonight.
Made up with the win.
Regarding what happened between the Oldham lad and a few wanker hat wearers on the Kop, let's get the facts first, eh !!!

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
KUyt is rubbish now.  :(
Only negative.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
Who cares?

Was denied within five minutes anyway
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
SPPPUNNNKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  sPsPSPSPspPPppsPpPpspSpppppPPPPUUUNKKKK!!!!! sPUNK!

In mah pants.

Piss easy victory, Downing and Carroll score, Some big performances from Shelvey and Gerrard and Oldham entirely acccomodating.

Played some nice stuff, I thought Bellamy or Shelvey were MotM, Gerrard also put in a fine performance and there were creditable performances from Maxi and Kelly (though Kelly was a bit erratic in the first half).

Unfortunately Coates, Carragher and Kuyt were all putrid and Aurelio and Reina were not at their best either. Spearing was good then bad then good then bad... in possession he was neat and tidy but a bit peripheral in the game.

Still, overall, a fine result and performance... gotta be happy with that.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
The officiial site have that number 11 of theirs down for a red card. Somethin happen after the whistle?
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline wonderboy

• Main Stander
pcch7 represents the minority that give Liverpool a bad name. Disgrace.

Offline Roslagen

• Legacy Fan
  • What I write is conspiracy nonsense
The world's gone mad. Carroll rifling it like he did against us in 2010 and Downing putting a half chance only into the net... Crazy  ;D

Good win, looked a lot better once Shelvey was sent into the middle. Man of the match must be Craig Bellamy, worst player? Probably Kuyt, we looked a different team when Carroll came on and that was just for a few minutes. Coates had a few close shaves, but wasn't helped out by Carragher either. I guess both felt quite rusty.

Oldham's stamina levels (think Charlie Adam against Sunderland) went into red pulse overdrive and it was never in doubt following Gerrard's penalty, really.

A further plus to Shelvey, who scored a deserved goal, Gerrard looked handy if not spectacular, and Maxi had a good first half. Kelly looked sharp too.

Now there are four draws we want to avoid, and probably Everton could be added onto that list. Can't say I'd fancy trips to Newcastle, Stoke or Sunderland either... Ideally a Championship side at Anfield!
Mourinho to Spurs when Redknapp leaves, was a discussion I had with a friend in the pub last night. Possible.

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
delighted for carroll to score, lets see who we get in the next round
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Skagen

• Hard for Hodgson
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Good win!!
“A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.”

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
It must have been bad for him to react like that. Not looking forward to the news on this...

People are only thinking that because of the Suarez thing though. Worse than the tabloids this place.

Offline INABITSKI

• An own-nut-fondling manly man's wool. Possibly.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice to see both Carroll and Downing bag one each, Gerrard pen was superb.

Laughing to myself at the fact I miss one game and they both score. Oldham lad took his goal well, fair play to him, one to remember.

Headlines for right reasons tomorrow I hope.