Author Topic: Eamonn Holmes apologises for comparing West Ham bus attack to Hillsborough.  (Read 15727 times)

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
I'm not sure being smug over not having Sky TV is the best approach here lads, surely it's highlighting their key presenter and his abhorrent views?

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I'm not sure being smug over not having Sky TV is the best approach here lads, surely it's highlighting their key presenter and his abhorrent views?
There was certainly no intention in being smug Claire, I was just stating that life is possible without sky tv.

With regards to Holmes (in fact I didn't even know he works for sky until I read it in here), he's a fat twat that in my opinion knew exactly what he was saying.   :wave
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
What a surprise, United fan on a media empire so big it cannot be brought down makes comments like this and is backed by their employer. Just when you think the Nation might just have turned a corner. I've never bought that paper and I've never subscribed to that media empire.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
I am not disputing that and maybe I worded what I wanted to say wrongly but my point is that there will always be people like him and others who will refuse to accept the truth as it doesn't fit with their blinkered view of the world irrespective of what the courts have said. All you need to do is have a gander at forums of other clubs and general forums post the findings to see how some still believe the notion that fans were partly to blame. It has certainly gone a long way in changing most people's opinions and at long last this has been crystallised. Bigots will be bigots is what I am trying to get at.

Edit: I shouldn't have used the word "many" and instead said "some" still do in my previous post that would have made my position clearer.

Fair enough. There are still some arseholes and trolls around but even on other forums there seems to have been a change in attitude with the trolls getting put in their box.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
Do you have a template, we have got rid of vermin before we can do it again, everybody with sky e,mails and tells them if Holmes isnīt removed then you will cancel your Sky television

I did my ofcom following the posts below. Just use the text phil posted and maybe change it around a bit. It only takes a couple of mins to do it at that link. You might want to leave out lardy arsed cokwomble bit :-)

Igor Tripod Biscan posted this

Fat c*nt needs sacking

Pricks like him and Lawro - 'I didn't know it was THAT newspaper' should have no place in the mainstream media - it only serves to compound the delusion that despite the ACTUAL truth coming out, the balme lies with fans

UTTER UTTER c*nt

A half arsed apology does not cut it

I just complained to Ofcom and Sky news

When some oaf like this ballbag is sacked, maybe there will be a small change in the narrative and twats like him will start to watch what they say

https://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/webflow/broadcast-complaints/

Then that was followed by this

phil236849

Done my Ofcom

lardy-arsed cockwomble, lardy-arsed cockwomble, Eamonn Holmes compared the violent attack on the Manchester United bus (which caused no injuries and minor damage to the vehicle) with the Hillsborough disaster. "This is going back to the 70s and 80s. Everything that you were seeing that was bad about Hillsborough for instance." The only way of reading such comments is that Mr Holmes was suggesting that Hillsborough was caused by misbehaviour by the fans. There has been a highly publicised 27 year battle to prove that this myth, circulated by the police and media, was wrong, with the conclusive determination at the recent inquests following the 2012 Hillsborough Independent Panel Report. Mr Holmes has attempted to apologise, but he has not accepted his comment was wrong and extremely hurtful and offensive. Rather than take responsibility for the wrong, the apology contains the words "I apologise unreservedly if anyone thought I was making that connection". In the context of the 27 year fight for justice, a news broadcaster comparing a clear act of hooliganism with Hillsborough clearly requires proper action.
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
Fair enough. There are still some arseholes and trolls around but even on other forums there seems to have been a change in attitude with the trolls getting put in their box.

Yeah things have definitely changed for the better since the findings and its been pretty moving to see the support pouring from clubs across the country and all over the world.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Bumping this

Lets not let this perfect example of someone who perpetuates the myth get away with this

Whilst there is no Ev or Manure to moan about, lets strike some blow to the mainstream media that reports shite like this

https://twitter.com/StephenEvans75/status/730694539372056576

Come on reds

Complain to Ofcom
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Kwaideng

• Hamshank Redemption
  • Legacy Fan
I wonder if Mr. Holmes found todays events at Od Trafford brought back any distressing memories for the Northern Irish celebrity.
The clique is just a click away.
And they are being watched too, but don't know it.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Bumping this

Lets not let this perfect example of someone who perpetuates the myth get away with this

Whilst there is no Ev or Manure to moan about, lets strike some blow to the mainstream media that reports shite like this

https://twitter.com/StephenEvans75/status/730694539372056576

Come on reds

Complain to Ofcom
The site is down presently but please give this a bump mate.

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
Bump

Get on it reds
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline Hymer Red

• Legacy Fan
Just checked the two links on that twitter dailym.ai/1T6UoR6 and dailym.ai/27ddTO1 and it looks like they have changed the Liverpool one now but that is no excuse. I dont think Ofcom is the right place to complain about this one as they do TV and video on demand stuff. I guess the press complaints commission is the way to go here https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/makeacomplaint.html

Done mine it didnt take long. Took longer to write this  :D

This might be useful. Headlines and dates :-

dailym.ai/1T6UoR6 Mon 16th May Liverpool fans seen stealing seats from Anfield

dailym.ai/27ddTO1 Mon 16th May Souvenir time! West Ham fans pose with seats signs and ....

Basis of complaint

Clauses 1 9 12 Accuracy reporting of a crime and discrimination

https://twitter.com/StephenEvans75/status/730694539372056576 Original article is shown here

dailym.ai/1T6UoR6 modified article that is up now

dailym.ai/27ddTO1 Why are west Ham fans getting souvenirs while the Liverpool fans are stealing? Both stands are about to be demolished.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Has he compared the farce at the shithole to 9/11 yet?

Offline Hymer Red

• Legacy Fan
Had a reply from the Press complaints people https://www.ipso.co.uk/IPSO/makeacomplaint.html  re the Daily Fail https://twitter.com/StephenEvans75/status/730694539372056576.

They are looking into my complaint and will let me know what they think soon.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
How the fat boring beige fuck still gets employed is completely beyond me.

Who can forget that car crash of an interview he did with Jeremy Corbyn...seriously...watch it and ask yourself, who would pay this man to be in front a screen?

He and sky are made for each other.

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Shady media moves 101

Yep. I noticed Sky News also felt the need to show footage of Heysel during their coverage of the Hillsborough verdicts. They then had some talking head tell us that the pens were there as a result of things like Heysel, but the underhand implication was that it was kinda the fans own fault. Showing Heysel footage at that time keeps the link in peoples minds while not explicitly saying so, and was totally unnecessary.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 07:03:50 pm by Johns_Barn »