Author Topic: Kabak signs  (Read 162669 times)

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Song for Kabak
« Reply #120 on: February 2, 2021, 12:19:11 pm »
Kabak to life
Kabak avoid an injury

Offline K-Lo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Kabak signs
« Reply #121 on: February 2, 2021, 01:08:51 pm »
I wrote this song for youuuu

Excellent  :D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 2, 2021, 01:47:32 pm »

Offline Oldskoolcool

• Main Stander
« Reply #123 on: February 2, 2021, 01:56:42 pm »
Saw this and found it quite insightful, from September '20 as well so is a good indication of the level he was at before what has been a poor season all round for Schalke this season.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/ozan-kabak-next-step-liverpool-leicester-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #124 on: February 2, 2021, 02:06:23 pm »
Am I right in thinking that Ozan is the first Turkish player to play for Liverpool since I think Nuri Şahin?????
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 02:08:04 pm by scouseman »

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #125 on: February 2, 2021, 02:15:19 pm »
Am I right in thinking that Ozan is the first Turkish player to play for Liverpool since I think Nuri Şahin?????

Ozan is the first Turkish player born in turkey to play for Liverpool I think!

But yes, Şahin is Turkish of course, but born and raised in Germany.

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 2, 2021, 02:25:43 pm »
Imagine we will get his images/videos & interviews tonight. Do the team train today?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #127 on: February 2, 2021, 02:42:08 pm »
Has a look of Ederson but without the gold teeth and STDs

:lmao
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 2, 2021, 02:43:02 pm »
 ;D ;D

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #129 on: February 2, 2021, 03:06:22 pm »
A snip from Wikipedia:

Ozan Muhammed Kabak (born 25 March 2000) is a Turkish professional footballer who plays as a centre-back for Premier League club Liverpool, on loan from Schalke 04, and the Turkey national team.

On 1 February 2021, Kabak signed for Liverpool on loan for the remainder of the 2020–21 season. The deal was reportedly worth Ł1 million, plus potentially Ł500,000 in add-ons depending on appearances and Liverpool's performance in the Champions League. It also included an option to buy, which was set at approximately Ł18 million and could rise to Ł26.5m with add-ons. He joined Liverpool on the same day as Ben Davies.

Date of birth - 25 March 2000 (age 20)
Place of birth - Ankara, Turkey
Height - 1.86 m (6 ft 1 in)[2]
Position(s) - Centre-back

On 30 June 2019, Kabak joined Schalke 04 on a five-year contract for a fee of €15 million, after Schalke activated a release clause in his contract. He was a regular performer in his first season with the club, appearing in 28 matches and scoring three goals. In September 2020, he was banned for five games and hit with a €15,000 fine after being caught spitting at Werder Bremen’s Ludwig Augustinsson. Kabak apologised to Augustinsson via Twitter afterwards, insisting the incident, for which he was shown a red card, was an accident.

- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozan_Kabak
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Mcnutty

• Main Stander
« Reply #130 on: February 2, 2021, 03:09:05 pm »
Time for some Recep Ivedik to brush up on my Turkish.
"And it goes Liverpool's way again as Reina makes a second save. He's going to out Dudek  Dudek."

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #131 on: February 2, 2021, 03:13:08 pm »
Just think, the lad's travelled about as far as he can across Europe from his home country and yet he'll be back in Istanbul again in no time...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 2, 2021, 03:13:31 pm »
Despite the stick he got from fans, Klopp was a huge fan of Lovren. I think he's found his Lovren replacement here.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #133 on: February 2, 2021, 03:14:28 pm »
Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen
If I hadn't seen that before I'd be calling you a hero and building a statue of you :D

I wrote this song for youuuu
  ;D
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 03:19:45 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 2, 2021, 03:16:01 pm »
Hopefully third time lucky for trying to fit a player into our spine with Turkish and German connections. Fourth if you count poor Yesil, who was agent fodder to help us sign Emre 

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 2, 2021, 03:16:03 pm »

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #136 on: February 2, 2021, 03:18:25 pm »
He's a brave man.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #137 on: February 2, 2021, 03:21:04 pm »
2 pages. I guess this deadline day signing has RAWK excited.  :)
Probably just as well, going by the transfer thread...

I just hope people give him a proper chance and remember a) how young he is and b) what a big change this will be for him.

Best of luck Ozan. Poet-ry in motion, tra la la la la

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 2, 2021, 03:21:49 pm »

Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, Mario, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen

Your boys took a hell of a beating!
« Last Edit: February 2, 2021, 03:32:11 pm by Ratboy3G »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 2, 2021, 03:21:51 pm »

Online NarutoReds

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 2, 2021, 03:25:32 pm »
I really really hope AT LEAST, as a newcomer in a new league, he is as good as Michael Keane.

p/s: I believe he can speak in Scouse tomorrow evening.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 2, 2021, 03:48:31 pm »
Saw this and found it quite insightful, from September '20 as well so is a good indication of the level he was at before what has been a poor season all round for Schalke this season.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/ozan-kabak-next-step-liverpool-leicester-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

Fascinating analysis of him in a poor Schalke performing team.  Seems like teh Wagner system is similar to our high pressing  game. So he could adapt well to our  system with enough time, training and coaching. Plus he has played a lot of age international football for Turkey so to be one of top 3 or 4 CB's across you age group in a country is also a good refelection of ability and being selected by a lot of established coaches in the Turkish and German setup for  such a young player.

together with some decent stats when at Stuttgart where he also performed well 
Plus some comments about him being a warrior, playing with broken toe and nose.

I and also the story of him being a big fan of Virgilvan Dijk and being over the moon when in 2018 he got a signed Liverpool shirt from his fav football CB. .
https://twitter.com/TrueTRANFERS/status/1288016665003909121
Liverpool transfer target Ozan Kabak pictured with signed Virgil van Dijk shirt in 2018 as Reds plot to sign Ł27m defender
https://www.instagram.com/p/Brx7VQYA_F0/

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: February 2, 2021, 03:55:23 pm »
Probably just as well, going by the transfer thread...

I just hope people give him a proper chance and remember a) how young he is and b) what a big change this will be for him.

Best of luck Ozan. Poet-ry in motion, tra la la la la

looking forward to the virtual songs

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 2, 2021, 04:18:43 pm »
When Ozan left Stuttgart - he had a low release clause, and a few clubs where after him - being a big prospect who just had won ‘rookie of the year’ in Bundesliga. The main one being Bayern Munich - with his agent having been in Munich for talks, they saw him as their replacment for Mats Hummels long term.

So there was a bit of surprise when he choose Schalke, although of course, it did make sense, as he saw himself getting more games there from the start.

West Ham and AC Milan where thought to be the other 2 clubs along with Bayern and Schalke that offered the realease clause fee for him.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 2, 2021, 04:26:57 pm »

Where is that young turkish striker that we had and what happened to him?
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: February 2, 2021, 04:30:42 pm »
Where is that young turkish striker that we had and what happened to him?

Samed Yeşil?

He’s German  ;D

Plays in the regionalliga in Germany for VfB Homberg.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 2, 2021, 04:31:10 pm »
Ozan Kabak’s clearance from the Bundesliga didn’t come through in time for the Turkish international to be available for the game at Brighton. [@MaddockMirror]

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #147 on: February 2, 2021, 04:34:05 pm »
Despite the stick he got from fans, Klopp was a huge fan of Lovren. I think he's found his Lovren replacement here.

Not that huge, was he? I remember being at Wembley when Jurgen dragged him off after 25 minutes. He wasn't injured. Not in the body anyway. The only surprise was that Klopp didn't shoot him. Lovren played many times after that I concede, but the writing was already on the wall.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #148 on: February 2, 2021, 04:36:37 pm »
We're playing Brighton at home aren't we  :D

Also I remember the commentary team in one of our games recently going on about how we would have a tough trip away to City coming up. Isn't it their jobs to get the stadiums for fixtures right?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: February 2, 2021, 04:38:41 pm »
Samed Yeşil?

He’s German  ;D

Plays in the regionalliga in Germany for VfB Homberg.

Yes, him!

Cheers for the info.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Ab125

• Main Stander
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #150 on: February 2, 2021, 04:39:55 pm »

German efficiency ats it's finest.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 2, 2021, 04:44:23 pm »
Surely we'll go with Phillips and Henderson against Brighton either way?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 2, 2021, 04:46:40 pm »

yep would think so. That’s what Kloppo seemed to suggest in the press conference, that regardless of being registered in time, tomorrow would be too soon for either of them.

He hasnt even met them yet  :P

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 2, 2021, 04:46:54 pm »

From what Klopp has said it seems the only chance either Kabak or Davies will be playing is if there are more injuries to our CB options.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: February 2, 2021, 04:47:03 pm »
I was thinking so for the next 2 unless Fabinho is back.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #155 on: February 2, 2021, 05:14:59 pm »
Time for some Recep Ivedik to brush up on my Turkish.

There are 6 films in total mate so you best get cracking on that.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #156 on: February 2, 2021, 05:18:17 pm »
Just think, the lad's travelled about as far as he can across Europe from his home country and yet he'll be back in Istanbul again in no time...

I like your thinking CL final is in Turkey at the stadium we won in 2005. Imagine post covid all the Liverpool fans going back there again and winning it in the same place. Stuff of legend that.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 2, 2021, 06:01:54 pm »
Has Klopps medieval training regime broken him yet ?
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 2, 2021, 06:18:23 pm »
Not that huge, was he? I remember being at Wembley when Jurgen dragged him off after 25 minutes. He wasn't injured. Not in the body anyway. The only surprise was that Klopp didn't shoot him. Lovren played many times after that I concede, but the writing was already on the wall.
Seems fair. As a Lovren lover, even I can concede he had some pretty dodgy moments, though probably nowhere near as many as some sections of our fanbase liked to make out. Imagine a Lovren without the meltdowns though, and with a bit of extra pace; that would be a pretty bloody excellent player. I'm hoping Kabak can become that player.     

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 2, 2021, 06:31:50 pm »
Seems fair. As a Lovren lover, even I can concede he had some pretty dodgy moments, though probably nowhere near as many as some sections of our fanbase liked to make out. Imagine a Lovren without the meltdowns though, and with a bit of extra pace; that would be a pretty bloody excellent player. I'm hoping Kabak can become that player.     

It certainly stands to reason that a Lovren+ type would be attractive to Klopp.

Assuming a high line and compressing the space remains a key feature of the game plan going forward, having a front foot defender that is happy competing for the ball in the opposition half, wins more than his fair share, and is mobile enough to track back when he doesn't, is pretty enticing.