Author Topic: Are you enjoying it?  (Read 165740 times)

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Are you enjoying it?
« Reply #80 on: November 6, 2016, 04:50:05 pm »
YES I AM

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #81 on: November 6, 2016, 06:34:33 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dpx7IWPda8A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dpx7IWPda8A</a>

;D

I blow hot & cold when it comes to maintaining enthusiasm for football, or any sport, but Klopp n da boiz have completely reinvigorated me. It isn't just that we're winning so convincingly, topping the table and looking to mount a serious challenge this term, if we were producing similarly entertaining stuff on and off the pitch without nabbing the results I would still be buzzing off the hopeful mood... but all that points-in-the-bag shit certainly helps.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: November 6, 2016, 06:35:41 pm »
How can I not

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #83 on: November 6, 2016, 06:36:03 pm »
Are you enjoying it? - DAMN FUCKING RIGHT I AM!!!  :scarf

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #84 on: November 6, 2016, 06:37:59 pm »
Walking on water here, not drinking it though. Enjoying a few celebratory scoops.

Offline Espresso Bar

• Kopite
« Reply #85 on: November 6, 2016, 06:44:25 pm »
In a survey of top 5 regrets of the dying, one of them was 'I wish that I had let myself be happier'

Maybe we should let ourselves enjoy the good times  :)

Link - https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

Offline Currywurst

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #86 on: November 6, 2016, 08:29:49 pm »
In a survey of top 5 regrets of the dying, one of them was 'I wish that I had let myself be happier'

Link - https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2012/feb/01/top-five-regrets-of-the-dying

How amazing to see someone quote this. The author is a really good friend of mine and it's a great book. And it's good advice: We really should let ourselves be happy after a day like today!
Füreinander, nicht jeder für sich.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #87 on: November 7, 2016, 09:23:31 pm »
I'm not a religious person at all but I'm quite spiritual when it comes to some stuff and life in general.

I think the Buddhist philosophy is what I try to adopt if I can ...... live in the moment - don't worry about yesterday or tomorrow. Be happy right NOW.  Otherwise life will just pass you by and you will not have properly experienced anything in its fullness.

Be content to be smashing every team we play to bits. It could change in an instant.

I know it's hard not to look forward and dream but each moment, each weekend that we have a great result ... just appreciate and enjoy it.

That said ... during a match itself I find it very hard to relax and not to see the danger.
After the relief of eventually winning the game, that's all I dwell on for hours and days after. Watching highlights and fan reviews comments etc (Redmen TV etc).   I don't go charging towards looking straight to the next game right away or fixture lists weeks ahead.  I dwell in the moment. So I guess, yes, I am enjoying it all, soaking it up to the max.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2016, 09:25:12 pm by Red_Rich »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: November 7, 2016, 09:25:16 pm »
As my favourite Dutchman would say:

Yesh

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #89 on: November 7, 2016, 09:47:35 pm »
"If your not enjoying the journey you probably wont enjoy the destination"

100% i am enjoying it, iv been supporting Liverpool since 1995 and iv seen 1 genuine title challenge (13/14), for me 08/09 was always outside our reach, so yes im going to enjoy this one. Saying that I do feel im totally obsessed with it and need to relax a bit more. As a group of fans i think we all want it a bit too much and sometimes that nervous energy can be felt around the ground, it was there against United and id expect it to be there when we come under a bit of pressure whenever that may be. I feel if we won one the pressure would be less. For now though lets enjoy the football and get behind the reds!
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #90 on: November 7, 2016, 09:52:48 pm »

They've never been to Sothampton on the special then have they
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #91 on: November 7, 2016, 09:53:03 pm »
I look forward to our games with mass excitement and then severe dread at kick-off.  If we are still playing like this and towards the top come March I may struggle to contain myself.

With that being said, we should all be enjoying this and if we have another 4 or 5 positive results over the next 5 games I might even have a proper look at the table.

The next 5 PL match-days will go a long way to deciding what kind of battle we're going to have - I have a feeling that come Derby Day, us and Chelsea might have a little bit of daylight between ourselves and City, Arsenal and Spurs.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2016, 10:07:14 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: November 7, 2016, 09:55:18 pm »

Surely seeing Mourinho humped by a bull elephant was number one.

Offline Mike Basset

• Anny Roader
« Reply #93 on: November 7, 2016, 10:00:13 pm »
We have more points than Barcelona do from their opening 11 league games.

I know it's completely irrelevant, but helps to show just how well we are doing.

Of course i'm enjoying it!

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 7, 2016, 10:10:24 pm »
Just wait till Lucas gets his goal. When that happens we will know it's on.

I am loving this season, I really enjoyed last season too. The foundations are being set. This is just the beginning. Now is great. In love with football, always in love with Liverpool.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #95 on: November 7, 2016, 10:12:48 pm »
Just wait till Lucas gets his goal. When that happens we will know it's on.

I am loving this season, I really enjoyed last season too. The foundations are being set. This is just the beginning. Now is great. In love with football, always in love with Liverpool.

Derby Day ;)
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Online dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #96 on: November 7, 2016, 10:16:38 pm »
Damn right I'm enjoying it.  Echoing what others have said,  really looking forward to games again.  loving the way we play.  So much fluidity when attacking. Teams seem to be bewildered by the pressing, pace and movement when we attack.  Who knows what the season will bring. It's just so nice to be able to feel confident that we can go into games with the belief and confidence that we can win.

Offline MonTheKuyt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #97 on: November 7, 2016, 10:17:39 pm »
Yeah it's great, but I mean I wouldn't mind a game where I get to celebrate like crazy with a last minute Lovren goal every now and then. :)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #98 on: November 7, 2016, 10:24:26 pm »
They've never been to Sothampton on the special then have they

You see the mention of Southampton brings all of my neuroses to a head. I'm only happy when we are winning 4-0 with 3 minutes of added time to go.

And the reason. August 2000 beating Southampton 3-0 with 15 minutes to go, parked the car, popped into a supermarket, came back and Pahars had just levelled the score at 3-3. And last year winning 2-0, and we know what happened next.

Anyway I am enjoying the football, Firminho's strength is a surprise and a major bonus as he looked a little light weight when he first arrived. Completely confident in Klopp taking us forward.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #99 on: November 7, 2016, 11:12:35 pm »
As my favourite Dutchman would say:

Yesh

Steve Maclaren?

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: November 7, 2016, 11:21:11 pm »
there is something different and very good going on right now in our club... we have so many different scorers, each player has a good competition for places imo...

we have a quality bench with players who can make a change and even score goals...

we have very good technical players and they are almost always moving around playing in high intensity...

i never experienced this kind of game since i follow this club, well 16 years now... we had our good days but we were almost always reliant on one - two world class players to guide us or win us games....

now i am sure if we lose one or two players for whatever reason, we have a good replacement and quality lineup anyway + a coach who is one of the best in world and a fantastic motivator...

we are no more a one man club and imo this is the biggest advantage of our current team... every player playes for the team and not for himself only... with this attitude, we can achieve a lot this season.

Offline krizzobizzle

• Mr Fun at a party near you soon!
  • Kopite
« Reply #101 on: November 7, 2016, 11:59:22 pm »
I think this team has way more potential than the 13/14 team under Rodgers.

This Klopp team has a much greater sense of control during games, we have much higher possession stats I'm sure. We are literally just squeezing the life out of our opponents, and blowing them away.

I think I recall Klopp saying that we are not even 40% there in terms of our development.

To think that theres a potential 50-60% improvement rate on what we are seeing, truly is frightening.

This much is true: Any team that finishes one place above Liverpool this season will definitely be league winners, and fair play to them if that is the case.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 8, 2016, 12:07:52 am »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 8, 2016, 12:09:14 am »

I dunno, I find flights to America a fucking nightmare but have a boss time when i'm over there  ;D
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 8, 2016, 12:36:19 am »
Definitely  sitting back and enjoying it. If you were born after the 1990s and have only seen the Liverpool of old in video footage, well this is it. 
« Last Edit: November 8, 2016, 12:39:17 am by Mr_Shane »

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 8, 2016, 01:15:54 am »
Definitely  sitting back and enjoying it. If you were born after the 1990s and have only seen the Liverpool of old in video footage, well this is it. 

This is not the Liverpool of old.  Been watching since 69 (very ,very young then) and this is something else, nobody else plays with our verve, very exciting times.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 8, 2016, 01:30:33 am »
It does remind me of the liverpool of old though. The pass and move, the efficiency of each pass, the ability of each player to find his team-mates. Granted they are not totally the same as they are not the same players, and there is no Rush/Aldridge equivalent in this team.... still exciting times indeed

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
« Reply #107 on: November 8, 2016, 01:54:14 am »
Loving it for the most part. Especially after the past several years, bar the one, being mired in mediocroty. Plus all this success is earned after years of tough rebuilding and feels all the sweeter for it. It is different from 2013/14. We beat Tottenham and West Ham in December to give us a glmpse, stumbled during the worst christmas fixtures possible, then went on that crazy run. It all happened so fast. This feels more like 08/09. A culmination of years of good work by the committee, Rodgers, and Klopp like 08/09 was the culmination of Rafa's work. Except our ownership is more stable now, I don't see us dropping off like that team did.

The only thing that worries me are the numbers needed to win the title are far off all our attackers career averages, bar the now injury prone Sturridge. That's not as solid as I would prefer for a title run. Sturridge was healthier and Suarez and Gerrard scoring that much in 13/14 was standard for them. But our players are younger now, and hopefully they are creating new career averages they will demand themselves to meet every year. It also helps the Christmas games aren't nearly as bad this year  :D

« Last Edit: November 8, 2016, 08:59:56 am by trimore »
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 8, 2016, 06:00:00 am »
I don't know where else to ask, but where can we get more research about Klopp's training tactics and his work being discussed.
I especially see so little about Buvac, basically the amount of high praise Klopp has been giving him in last week. I really want to know more about this guy and I feel we really don't know enough about the methods of training of this Klopp team, given that Klopp's charisma is over-shadowing some of the great work they are doing in training. I feel the media is useless and only think Klopp is about pressing and motivation. But, I feel we really are doing some thing great on the training field, because so many aspects of our passing game have improved beyond recognition. So, has our tackling.
It is truly stupendous, how the same players (like Lallana, Firmino) who were losing ball easily once they crossed the half line, are now able to hold the ball up and look around to find a team mate with the right pass. That doesn't come easy, there must be a lot of different training drills which we must have done.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2016, 06:02:52 am by Carra-ton »
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 8, 2016, 07:37:22 am »
If you can't enjoy being top of the league what's the point.

At the start of the season I thought we'd make top 4 but now I'm thinking the biggest prize may be attainable.

Only disappointment since Klopp arrived has been the 2nd half of the EU final. The other loses I can take but that hurt.

Onwards and upwards though
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Eleven

• Voted for Trump. Not keen on LGBT rights.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #110 on: November 8, 2016, 07:44:15 am »
You see the mention of Southampton brings all of my neuroses to a head. I'm only happy when we are winning 4-0 with 3 minutes of added time to go.

And the reason. August 2000 beating Southampton 3-0 with 15 minutes to go, parked the car, popped into a supermarket, came back and Pahars had just levelled the score at 3-3. And last year winning 2-0, and we know what happened next.

Anyway I am enjoying the football, Firminho's strength is a surprise and a major bonus as he looked a little light weight when he first arrived. Completely confident in Klopp taking us forward.
The man who inspired Southampon's win over us last season, which team does he play for now  ;)

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 8, 2016, 10:30:53 am »
Loving every minute of it. I feel more relaxed this year, partly because it's so early in the season, but also because with 13/14 I knew it was a one-off. I knew it was just a perfect storm of our rivals being dogshit and us having the best striker in the world in the form of his life. A striker I knew would be off to greener pastures at the end of that season. This time we've got someone more important than any one player - Klopp. And he's here for the long haul.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline lfcderek

• Palooka basher Go ed Del Boy lid. Your right to point out wear I am wrong. Deffo more derek than lfc.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 8, 2016, 11:34:47 am »
Are you enjoying it?

YES    -    BUT!

To start with - who couldn't enjoy watching that? At times during that match I (quite literally) had my breath taken away.   It wasn’t just efficient, it wasn’t just effective, it wasn’t just clinical and it  wasn’t just that what we watched  on Saturday was  functional

It was that, as well as all of those,      it was  beautiful.

So why the BUT?

It’s that it could get better and it yet it might not.  A specialist left back and a certain Philippe Coutinho aside – Liverpool are simply a squad of very good players. And yet they played football like that. The BUT comes from the fear that it won’t continue and that it won’t get even better.

And YES – I am a pessimistic git.
"Don't let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what's right."
"True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing."
"I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn`t learn something from him."
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #113 on: November 8, 2016, 12:04:17 pm »
Yes, more than anything. After 13/14 I wondered if I would ever truly recapture the joy and the excitement of football. I felt floored and just numb from it all. Through Jurgen Klopp taking me to two finals but ultimately losing, I had glimpses during those cup runs of remembering just what football was about. I didn't really come into this season with any expectations. Just a good run in the league would be great and perhaps a tilt at one of the domestic cups. We're on track for what I wanted so far, and are probably a few points ahead of where I wanted us to be in the  league. Being further ahead than where I expected, coming through such a stuff start and playing such great football has me dreaming of more in this league. And we might hit a bad run of form, or end up battling it out for fourth afterall, but after 13/14, I had this depressing feeling that I wouldn't see another challenge for another decade- that it was our one and only chance. So to be top of the table after 11, with a favourable fixture list (so long as we take each game seriously) then how can I not be enjoying this? This gang of lads have given me my pride and my belief back in my football team and I can't wait for each game, every week. Damn another international break to hell!
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #114 on: November 8, 2016, 12:12:05 pm »
I love you,  in a way Hij.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 8, 2016, 12:26:57 pm »
So do I!  Tom you write some of the most lovely heartfelt posts on here. Wonderful lad. Says exactly what I would like to.

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #116 on: November 8, 2016, 12:27:40 pm »
I am loving the fact if you look on every football forum we are being spoken about.... People are worrying me thinks

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #117 on: November 8, 2016, 12:43:15 pm »
Yes.

More specifically, I am fucking loving it.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #118 on: November 8, 2016, 02:24:15 pm »
Yes, more than anything. After 13/14 I wondered if I would ever truly recapture the joy and the excitement of football. I felt floored and just numb from it all. Through Jurgen Klopp taking me to two finals but ultimately losing, I had glimpses during those cup runs of remembering just what football was about. I didn't really come into this season with any expectations. Just a good run in the league would be great and perhaps a tilt at one of the domestic cups. We're on track for what I wanted so far, and are probably a few points ahead of where I wanted us to be in the  league. Being further ahead than where I expected, coming through such a stuff start and playing such great football has me dreaming of more in this league. And we might hit a bad run of form, or end up battling it out for fourth afterall, but after 13/14, I had this depressing feeling that I wouldn't see another challenge for another decade- that it was our one and only chance. So to be top of the table after 11, with a favourable fixture list (so long as we take each game seriously) then how can I not be enjoying this? This gang of lads have given me my pride and my belief back in my football team and I can't wait for each game, every week. Damn another international break to hell!

This! Basically this is how I feel about the whole thing. Excited yet cautious, happy yet fearful!
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #119 on: November 8, 2016, 02:35:58 pm »
I am enjoying the games, but not the days in between them. I become restless at times when we have no games. I would like to watch us play 24x7 throughout the season  ;D

Its kind of addictive stuff - When you start to enjoy it, you would want even more of it
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"