Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3543721 times)

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #18480 on: August 3, 2020, 09:03:20 am »
It's bitter sweet. We dicked United in it and I always have a fondness for those kits!

It was so close to being iconic, had we won the title that season the scenes from the win at OT would've been legendary. In the end, a kit is only as good as the season, not a big fan of the new one at first sight, but win the league and I'll love it forever ;D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18481 on: August 3, 2020, 09:17:58 am »
They tried to explain it here.

Nike, nobody gives a fuck, just had over the cheques.
"Where impossible gets a clip round the ear" Are Nike taking the piss? Who writes this sort of drivel? Not only are their kits shit, but their slogans are cringeworthy too. Poor debut effort from them all round, despite what the sales figures say

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18482 on: August 3, 2020, 09:18:01 am »
As part of our contract with Nike, as our kit manufacturer, you think we also gave them authority to cancel contracts we have with other companies? It sounds bold Fordy, and if it was anyone else saying it I wouldn’t believe it. But it could have merit.

Don't forget, we're only signing players with Nike's approval now, so the idea that they should have say over our sponsorship deals as well doesn't sound too outlandish.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #18483 on: August 3, 2020, 09:29:20 am »
looks different, fresh.. liking it more and more to be honest.

That looks a better (darker) shade of red than the other photos I’ve seen. Haven’t seen it in the flesh though, so no idea which is more accurate.

(I’m guessing hardly anyone’s mentioned that the red’s not dark enough ;))

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #18484 on: August 3, 2020, 09:31:46 am »
It was so close to being iconic, had we won the title that season the scenes from the win at OT would've been legendary. In the end, a kit is only as good as the season, not a big fan of the new one at first sight, but win the league and I'll love it forever ;D

Yes it was. Absolutely loved the slow mo of Gerrard going up for a header with elbows.
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline welshred1976

• Legacy Fan
  • make us dream
« Reply #18485 on: August 3, 2020, 09:32:45 am »

Genuinely think it is the worst kit ever made. It somehow manages to have the major problem of having too much detail, yet you couldn't remove one single thing to make it any better. It was quite an achievement.

Haha - I'd love to hear your thoughts on the purple with the tribal arms!
“The status of the club is incredible, but it’s only until you come in it that you understand everything that goes on with the football club, with the Hillsborough Support Group ... it’s more than a football club, this is a way of life." Mr. Rodgers

Offline Lynx the saucy mynx

• Kopite
« Reply #18486 on: August 3, 2020, 09:34:29 am »
Those complaining about the kit missed the early twitter days uproar when released an away kit in 2011 that had.....BLUE.

We sounded so small time over a kit that was one of the best away kits I've seen. I loved the way they darkened the badge. This real uproar is nothing compared that...fume.

Offline chemeddy

• Main Stander
« Reply #18487 on: August 3, 2020, 09:35:19 am »
Any idea if they will make the vapour kit available again?

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18488 on: August 3, 2020, 09:38:49 am »
God there is never as much fucking carping as on this thread. It's all red and aside from the needless white stripe under the arm it looks great on the players.

Have we seen the socks????

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #18489 on: August 3, 2020, 09:41:25 am »

Yeah, it just reminds me of Suarez crying at Palace to be honest.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18490 on: August 3, 2020, 09:44:14 am »
I’d say you need better bait but the way some are going off the handle in here you’ll prob catch a few.

I mean it was sort of supposed to be a slightly sardonic comment on how obsessed we are with kits, but I'd like to think people are smart enough to realise it was posted with affection.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18491 on: August 3, 2020, 09:46:49 am »
Away back to blue moon you.

Born in the women's

First house I lived in was Ince Ave (I'd like to think most people on here know that's around the corner from the ground)

Worked as a steward at Anfield for a few months (last game was Bayern in 18/19 for reference)

Do I fuck need to go back anywhere...

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18492 on: August 3, 2020, 09:48:44 am »
That looks a better (darker) shade of red than the other photos I’ve seen. Haven’t seen it in the flesh though, so no idea which is more accurate.

(I’m guessing hardly anyone’s mentioned that the red’s not dark enough ;))

When the players are sweating, it gets darker.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #18493 on: August 3, 2020, 09:54:29 am »
When the players are sweating, it gets darker.
;D excellent.  So you’re saying it’ll look shite on big Virg?

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #18494 on: August 3, 2020, 09:55:53 am »
Away back to blue moon you.
Do I fuck need to go back anywhere...

Not sure who’s being whooshed here but both of you chill out.

Offline cdgilbert

• Main Stander
« Reply #18495 on: August 3, 2020, 10:39:17 am »
Do they make the kids shorts and socks in Vapor?

Can only find the top. 

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #18496 on: August 3, 2020, 10:43:26 am »
Don't forget, we're only signing players with Nike's approval now, so the idea that they should have say over our sponsorship deals as well doesn't sound too outlandish.

I heard our new sleeve sponsor will be the pub that Freddie Adu now works in
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18497 on: August 3, 2020, 10:54:30 am »
Any idea if they will make the vapour kit available again?

It was Member's Access on Saturday. It'll restock when the rest of the stuff gets released later this week on the Nike app.
YNWA.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18498 on: August 3, 2020, 10:56:46 am »
I guess they have to because of the Covid-19 delay fucking everything up, but it's really weird that they're rolling with actual photoshop pics of the players in the kits.

New Balance did too. There was one really bad photoshop stuck on the Kop one season, I forget which one, wish I had a pic.
YNWA.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18499 on: August 3, 2020, 11:01:33 am »
I heard our new sleeve sponsor will be the pub that Freddie Adu now works in

He's like only 17 - is he old enough to work at a pub? Teen sensation. The next messi, that one.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18500 on: August 3, 2020, 11:53:32 am »
He's like only 17 - is he old enough to work at a pub? Teen sensation. The next messi, that one.

Think he collects glasses with fellow youngster Lingard.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #18501 on: August 3, 2020, 12:08:57 pm »
God there is never as much fucking carping as on this thread. It's all red and aside from the needless white stripe under the arm it looks great on the players.

What are you trying say?!  ???

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #18502 on: August 3, 2020, 12:09:46 pm »
What are you trying say?!  ???

He's just fishing.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #18503 on: August 3, 2020, 12:26:10 pm »
He's just fishing.
Angling for a response
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #18504 on: August 3, 2020, 12:37:05 pm »
funny isn't it ?  ;D ;D ;D

I flash back to 2013 when warrior blessed us with the worst kit in living memory:

some of the responses in this thread were comedy gold

RAWK, you never fail to amuse ;D

:lmao :lmao

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #18505 on: August 3, 2020, 01:01:01 pm »
Anyone else, when they see vapour or vapor kit, just think it sounds like a special kit for people who vape ? Probably just me. Just reminds me of Kurtan in this country showing off about his vaping.

Oh, and I have no idea what the difference is, other than the increased cost, of a vapour or vapor kit.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18506 on: August 3, 2020, 01:06:48 pm »
The kit looks bland but not too bad. I'm a lot more concerned about where iit was made. If it's in China, there's a fair chance it could have been done using literal slave labour.

Offline Kopout

• Should really just Logout......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18507 on: August 3, 2020, 02:13:48 pm »
 :-*

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #18508 on: August 3, 2020, 02:31:12 pm »
What fake site we using this year? Bought a kids one last year from some Chinese site that was recommended but was so dark it really looked odd.

Any decent fakes now that we are with Nike?

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #18509 on: August 3, 2020, 02:34:57 pm »
What fake site we using this year? Bought a kids one last year from some Chinese site that was recommended but was so dark it really looked odd.

Any decent fakes now that we are with Nike?
My brother bought a fake from DH Gate a few weeks back. I told him he was crazy buying it so soon because even though it'd likely look very similar, I doubt it'll be a perfect copy that soon. He swears its spot on though.

Unless you have a fake and official side by side it'll be tough to tell how accurate they are at this stage I'd say.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18510 on: August 3, 2020, 02:43:20 pm »
I like it . MAy be in a minority but it’s a nice shirt.
One thing though is that I hope we don’t start doing what Man City and other clubs do which is wear the change strip for away games even when there isn’t a colour clash. All red wherever possible.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18511 on: August 3, 2020, 02:47:08 pm »
Parcel arrived today with the 19/20 New Balance "Champions" shirt in from the store...

Except it didn't, as it's missing from the parcel, along with a second item that was also missing despite the parcel being sealed :(

Contacted them, but bet they don't have any more spare now to send as a replacement.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #18512 on: August 3, 2020, 03:04:07 pm »
funny isn't it ?  ;D ;D ;D

I flash back to 2013 when warrior blessed us with the worst kit in living memory:

some of the responses in this thread were comedy gold

RAWK, you never fail to amuse ;D
That wasn't even the worse Warrior kit. The orange and purple away kit with tribal patterns down both shoulders takes some beating.

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18513 on: August 3, 2020, 03:04:38 pm »
I am starting to like them, now that I see the lads wearing them.  8)
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18514 on: August 3, 2020, 03:18:09 pm »
When do we think the away will be released? Will sell well with kids I reckon.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18515 on: August 3, 2020, 03:29:10 pm »
When do we think the away will be released? Will sell well with kids I reckon.

Probably next month before the season starts, if not the end of this month.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18516 on: August 3, 2020, 03:34:24 pm »

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18517 on: August 3, 2020, 03:44:35 pm »
I'd just about levelled with myself that the decent looking shirt is £100, and not arsed anyway cos I won't be buying either, but £60 for the vapor shorts too! Few quid shy of £180 for the full kit for adults, absolutely wild.

Interested to know if anyone in here has actually paid that in here? Feel for the poor kids (and their parents) who don't fit into kids sizes anymore!

I'm not tight by any means and I own a few items of clothing of fairly high value but I get a lot of wear from them over a number of years. Could never ever justify it for an arl bit of polyester to run around in.

(sorry I know this has been done to death but SIXTY QUID FOR FOOTY SHORTS)

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18518 on: August 3, 2020, 03:48:46 pm »
I'd just about levelled with myself that the decent looking shirt is £100, and not arsed anyway cos I won't be buying either, but £60 for the vapor shorts too! Few quid shy of £180 for the full kit for adults, absolutely wild.

Interested to know if anyone in here has actually paid that in here? Feel for the poor kids (and their parents) who don't fit into kids sizes anymore!

I'm not tight by any means and I own a few items of clothing of fairly high value but I get a lot of wear from them over a number of years. Could never ever justify it for an arl bit of polyester to run around in.

(sorry I know this has been done to death but SIXTY QUID FOR FOOTY SHORTS)

Surely they price them that high because they know that the vast majority of adult fans will never, ever by a pair of official football shorts and thus its to fleece the lunatics who do?
« Last Edit: August 3, 2020, 04:04:10 pm by a treeless whopper »

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18519 on: August 3, 2020, 03:52:45 pm »
Surely they price them that high because they no that the vast majority of adult fans will never, ever by a pair of official football shorts and thus its to fleece the lunatics who do?

Aye, that's the only logical reason.